Nets, Bulls, Warriors and Pacers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Nets, Bulls, Warriors and Pacers 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:44 am

https://tradenba.com/trades/cRhbio52P

BRK trades Levert/Prince/Dinwiddie/Allen/PHI1st for Porter/Oladipo/Poole/Smailigic
Brooklyn doubles down on their superstar core.
Irving, Oladipo, Porter, Durant, Jordan
Poole, Temple, Cabarrot, Kurucs, Claxton

CHI trades Porter/Satoransky/CHI1st for Wiggins/Levert/PHI1st
Chicago absorbs salary to upgrade the wings.
Lavine, Levert, Wiggins, Markkanen, Carter
Arcidiacano, White, Hutchinson, Young, Kornet

GSW trades Wiggins/Poole/Smailigic/GSW1st for Prince/Satoransky/Allen/CHI1st
Golden State trades down in the lottery to chance their supporting cast and trim longer-term payroll.
Curry, Thompson, Prince, Green, Allen
Mulder, Lee, Satoransky, Paschall, Smailigic

IND trades Oladipo for Dinwiddie/GSW1st
Indiana ends the Victor era, and retains a great replacement lead guard and a high lotto pick.
Brogdon, Dinwiddie, Warren, Dabonis, Turner
Holiday, Holiday, McDermott, Leaf, Bitadze
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,255

Re: Nets, Bulls, Warriors and Pacers 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:51 am

Err whatevrr upgrade levert provides if any over sato is more than cancelled out by the downgrade from porter to wiggins. Thats before factoring in the $$$$ owed and trade down in the draft too. They cant say no fast enough
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,825

Post#3 » by giberish » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:17 am

This looks too good for GS and bad for Chicago. At a minimum the Bulls keep their pick and the Philly 1st goes to GS. Or maybe the Nets keep Allen( if possible salary-wise) and send a future pick to Chicago. Perhaps even both.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:08 am

Golden State is stealing value at Chicago’s expense. They need to at least include Minnesota’s pick and take Felicio into the TPE.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,219

Post#5 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:21 am

You have Chicago trading the 7 pick for Wiggins and Levert and a late 1st? Are you insane?

That’s 120+ million dollars of mediocrity to jump back 20 spots in the draft? Wtf...
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#6 » by Coxy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:25 am

Since the GS 1st has not yet been identified where it will land, the Warriors decline.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:05 pm

So I'm the Bulls fans that does it.

Nothing personal but if anyone thinks that Wiggins isn't a colossal step up from Porter you haven't watched the last two seasons, because Porter watched virtually all of them too from home or in a suit on the bench. They've suffered enough without someone taking home $55M they can take the chance on Wiggins wearing short pants. Because when they let Porter expire they're left with the equally injured Chandler Hutchison at the SF so they're going to have to hope some big name FA SF wants to come to Chicago.

They give up Satoransky who most people find shortcomings for, while I think he filled the role that was expected of him very well, never spectacular but didn't dog it or make mistakes. That's what a $10M role player does.

To get LaVert in his place is a gift. No he's not the $36M mentor that Mike Conley or Chris Paul would be but for half the money they can do without a basketball professor. What I see would be a three guard rotation with three guys who can get their own shot and maybe more importantly where it wouldn't be so easy to double team anybody because one quick pass finds a wide open scorer. The Bulls have lacked having players that could get their own shot well since they stopped hanging banners. The Bulls of the recent past had a trio of Hinrich, Gordon and Duhon, two could handle the ball and pass, two could shoot and one could get his own shot. And we thought that was a good group.

Porter Hutchison
Markkanen (Young on the block)
Carter Gafford Kornet Felicio
White Satoransky Arcidiacono
Lavine Mokoka

OK they pick #7 what position does that rookie play? and where does that rookie get any minutes? Not at center, not behind the three PGs, few behind Lavine, few behind Markkanen, does he jump right ahead of Hutchison and if so why are you keeping Hutchison?

Wiggins Hutchison
Markkanen Young (on the block it seems) Kornet #27
White LaVert Arcidiacono
Lavine LaVert Mokoka

plus they could get something for Dunn and Valentine

with that lineup moving down 20 spots is not a problem, you're barely counting on #27 to really contribute as a rookie. In fact buying another late FRP even makes sense since he'd also likely be a project that needs to work on shooting and in the weigh room and what's the focus of the new management, better player development.

Not the 2021 cap space people dreamed of but figuring Young is gone, Felicio and Kornet are off the books, Arci gone, maybe Hutchison, you've seen a year of Mokoka to decide. You could sign Markkanen to a big contract but since he's not your 2nd option now more like 3rd or 4th you aren't forced into overpaying him because he could be replaced. There are some bench players to get rather than hoping for a max guy. But in 2022 you aren't desperate to overpay Lavine because you've seen White and LaVert so you look ahead when extending White and Carter from their rookie deals is the issue.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,042

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:50 pm

Really no need of interest in Dinwiddie in Indiana. We’ve got Brogdon, as well as McConnell and Aaron Holiday off the bench. Still prefer, by far, a 2 way SG like Oladipo than Din/pick.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,219

Post#9 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:56 pm

ChettheJet wrote:So I'm the Bulls fans that does it.

Nothing personal but if anyone thinks that Wiggins isn't a colossal step up from Porter you haven't watched the last two seasons, because Porter watched virtually all of them too from home or in a suit on the bench. They've suffered enough without someone taking home $55M they can take the chance on Wiggins wearing short pants. Because when they let Porter expire they're left with the equally injured Chandler Hutchison at the SF so they're going to have to hope some big name FA SF wants to come to Chicago.

They give up Satoransky who most people find shortcomings for, while I think he filled the role that was expected of him very well, never spectacular but didn't dog it or make mistakes. That's what a $10M role player does.

To get LaVert in his place is a gift. No he's not the $36M mentor that Mike Conley or Chris Paul would be but for half the money they can do without a basketball professor. What I see would be a three guard rotation with three guys who can get their own shot and maybe more importantly where it wouldn't be so easy to double team anybody because one quick pass finds a wide open scorer. The Bulls have lacked having players that could get their own shot well since they stopped hanging banners. The Bulls of the recent past had a trio of Hinrich, Gordon and Duhon, two could handle the ball and pass, two could shoot and one could get his own shot. And we thought that was a good group.

Porter Hutchison
Markkanen (Young on the block)
White Satoransky Arcidiacono
Lavine Mokoka

OK they pick #7 what position does that rookie play? and where does that rookie get any minutes? Not at center, not behind the three PGs, few behind Lavine, few behind Markkanen, does he jump right ahead of Hutchison and if so why are you keeping Hutchison?

Wiggins Hutchison
Markkanen Young (on the block it seems) Kornet #27
White LaVert Arcidiacono
Lavine LaVert Mokoka

plus they could get something for Dunn and Valentine

with that lineup moving down 20 spots is not a problem, you're barely counting on #27 to really contribute as a rookie. In fact buying another late FRP even makes sense since he'd also likely be a project that needs to work on shooting and in the weigh room and what's the focus of the new management, better player development.

Not the 2021 cap space people dreamed of but figuring Young is gone, Felicio and Kornet are off the books, Arci gone, maybe Hutchison, you've seen a year of Mokoka to decide. You could sign Markkanen to a big contract but since he's not your 2nd option now more like 3rd or 4th you aren't forced into overpaying him because he could be replaced. There are some bench players to get rather than hoping for a max guy. But in 2022 you aren't desperate to overpay Lavine because you've seen White and LaVert so you look ahead when extending White and Carter from their rookie deals is the issue.

What an incredible amount of words that are wrong every step of the way. It’s impressive. My favorite is the logic of “why draft a top 10 pick, Bulls starting lineup and rotation is set.” Lol Jesus...Check their record again.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,716

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:08 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Really no need of interest in Dinwiddie in Indiana. We’ve got Brogdon, as well as McConnell and Aaron Holiday off the bench. Still prefer, by far, a 2 way SG like Oladipo than Din/pick.

Yeah, you can quibble on the margins for the other three teams but I don't think this deal can get around the fact that it just doesn't make sense for Indy to trade down on Dipo.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,219

Post#11 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:38 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Really no need of interest in Dinwiddie in Indiana. We’ve got Brogdon, as well as McConnell and Aaron Holiday off the bench. Still prefer, by far, a 2 way SG like Oladipo than Din/pick.

I'm the opposite, I do this as a Pacers fan.

If I felt Dipo were healthy and committed, it would probably be a different story, but we don't know if he'll ever be the same again(though, if anyone could recover from this injury, it is Dipo), and there has been too much smoke about him joining Miami for me to ignore.

If this were a mid round pick, then of course not, but this is looking like a top 5 pick. Granted, it looks like one of the worst drafts I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean you can't find someone at the top of the draft. I'd love for the Pacers to get someone like Obi Toppin. Plus, Dinwiddie is a player I like a lot, maybe not an immediate need, but he and Brogdon could share the floor together.

Again, if we knew Dipo were healthy, and that he would be committed to Indiana, I'd say no, but we just don't know those things.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,158

Post#12 » by mademan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:10 pm

im not sure how much positive value, if any, a Wiggins-Levert-late 1st package is. It's certainly not worth a lotto pick
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#13 » by DarkXaero » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:38 pm

Hell no as a Nets fan. The only worthwhile piece Nets are getting back there is Oladipo, who has yet to prove that he has recovered from injury and can get back to his (really only one) great season form. I'm not giving up all that for just potentially washed Oladipo. Otto Porter can't even get on the court. Why in the world should Nets sacrifice nearly all their tradeable positive assets for just that? They're way better off keeping them.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#14 » by patman66 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:21 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:https://tradenba.com/trades/cRhbio52P

BRK trades Levert/Prince/Dinwiddie/Allen/PHI1st for Porter/Oladipo/Poole/Smailigic
Brooklyn doubles down on their superstar core.
Irving, Oladipo, Porter, Durant, Jordan
Poole, Temple, Cabarrot, Kurucs, Claxton

CHI trades Porter/Satoransky/CHI1st for Wiggins/Levert/PHI1st
Chicago absorbs salary to upgrade the wings.
Lavine, Levert, Wiggins, Markkanen, Carter
Arcidiacano, White, Hutchinson, Young, Kornet

GSW trades Wiggins/Poole/Smailigic/GSW1st for Prince/Satoransky/Allen/CHI1st
Golden State trades down in the lottery to chance their supporting cast and trim longer-term payroll.
Curry, Thompson, Prince, Green, Allen
Mulder, Lee, Satoransky, Paschall, Smailigic

IND trades Oladipo for Dinwiddie/GSW1st
Indiana ends the Victor era, and retains a great replacement lead guard and a high lotto pick.
Brogdon, Dinwiddie, Warren, Dabonis, Turner
Holiday, Holiday, McDermott, Leaf, Bitadze

After this trade the chicago GM's firing should be done by a squad.
GS will be doing the happy dance they likely move down 3 or 4 spots kick wiggings to the curb, get an overpriced but useful Sato, a very good center in Allen and an expring in Prince and keep thier TPE!
Dinwiddie is great now? But I think that is OK value for Indy, but they should force Lamb down GS throat into the TPE

Return to Trades and Transactions