4-3-2-1, LIFTOFF! Offseason BRK-CHI-IND-TOR

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,492

Re: 4-3-2-1, LIFTOFF! Offseason BRK-CHI-IND-TOR 

Post#21 » by Duffman100 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:05 pm

OG is a future All defensive team guy who is already a top 5 defensive wing. Raptors would need a lot more value for this.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#22 » by nolang1 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:15 pm

Duffman100 wrote:OG is a future All defensive team guy who is already a top 5 defensive wing. Raptors would need a lot more value for this.

Yeah I was going to say the trade wouldn’t work for that itself, especially with Allen being closer to free agency. Also, if Indiana thinks that Oladipo is going to be good enough to be a 3rd star on a championship-caliber team with Kyrie and Durant, they should just keep him for as long as possible.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#23 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:37 pm

Jarrett Allen isn't anything special. He has zero offensive game and I don't think Toronto moves Anunoby for him right now. Anunoby being a big wing with defensive all team potential. I think to the right team Allen is useful but I feel OG has the higher value
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:40 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Jarrett Allen isn't anything special. He has zero offensive game and I don't think Toronto moves Anunoby for him right now. Anunoby being a big wing with defensive all team potential. I think to the right team Allen is useful but I feel OG has the higher value

Allen's a pretty good two way player, though he's got not range on his shot. I absolutely agree that I'd rather have OG than Allen, but if a team could sign Allen long-term to an affordable contract (say, $12-14m a year flat), I think they'd be pretty good at the 5 spot, and pretty comfortable with the stability of that investment. I don't think he'll ever be an All-Star, but I think he could have a Rik Smits level career. And as a Pacers fan, that's a HIGH complement. :lol:
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#25 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Works with next season's salary:

https://tradenba.com/trades/o3Fw3qxx9

Nets trades LeVert/Prince/Dinwiddie/Allen for Porter/Oladipo/Arcidiacano/Kornet
Brooklyn gambles big to reel in the perfect (if healthy) complements to their stars.

Bulls trades Porter/Arcidiacano/Kornet for Prince/Dinwiddie/Lamb
Chicago reels in versatile vets on the wing, while retaining offseason capspace.

Pacers trades Oladipo/Lamb for LeVert/Anunoby
Indiana turns the page from Victor, while obtaining high-caliber two-way wings and cutting $11mil in salary.

Raptors trades Anunoby for Allen
Toronto adds a great young C, whose cap hold next summer should be small enough to pursue the max FA of their dreams.

Pacers get robbed here. Allen also isnt a 2-way wing. im not sure he is a 1-way wing. poor defender and volume offensive player with horrific efficiency who struggles to finish at the rim. terrible deal for the pacers. Why wouldnt everyone just cut out the nets here? Toronto doesnt need to be in this deal at all.

Bulls take oladipo, pacers take porter?

Why would the Pacers want Porter?
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:05 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Jarrett Allen isn't anything special. He has zero offensive game and I don't think Toronto moves Anunoby for him right now. Anunoby being a big wing with defensive all team potential. I think to the right team Allen is useful but I feel OG has the higher value

Allen's a pretty good two way player, though he's got not range on his shot. I absolutely agree that I'd rather have OG than Allen, but if a team could sign Allen long-term to an affordable contract (say, $12-14m a year flat), I think they'd be pretty good at the 5 spot, and pretty comfortable with the stability of that investment. I don't think he'll ever be an All-Star, but I think he could have a Rik Smits level career. And as a Pacers fan, that's a HIGH complement. :lol:

I agree OG is better value than Allen. Both of those guys would look a lot better in a Pacers Uniform than the guy we picked in 2017!! :evil:
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#27 » by Duffman100 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:55 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I agree OG is better value than Allen. Both of those guys would look a lot better in a Pacers Uniform than the guy we picked in 2017!! :evil:

Without looking, was that TJ Leaf?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#28 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:22 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Sigh.

Yup.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,298

Post#29 » by Parataxis » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:57 pm

Duffman100 wrote:OG is a future All defensive team guy who is already a top 5 defensive wing. Raptors would need a lot more value for this.

What gets me, is that the trade as proposed has the Raptors GIVING UP extra value. There's a 1st round pick going to the Pacers alongside OG.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#30 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:34 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Allen's a pretty good two way player, though he's got not range on his shot. I absolutely agree that I'd rather have OG than Allen, but if a team could sign Allen long-term to an affordable contract (say, $12-14m a year flat), I think they'd be pretty good at the 5 spot, and pretty comfortable with the stability of that investment. I don't think he'll ever be an All-Star, but I think he could have a Rik Smits level career. And as a Pacers fan, that's a HIGH complement.
Well pretty good isn't going to get Toronto to budge especially since they have their eyes on Antetokounmpo in '21. I think the goal is for Toronto to throw out a monster defensive front court of Siakam, OG and Antetokounmpo. Allen is still young but his potential hasn't matched his output on the court. I remember people talking about him like he's the next great defensive C out of Texas. Idk if Masai does this deal without some major pieces coming back
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#31 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:12 am

Duffman100 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

OH yeah that was Leaf! If you could go back and look at comments I made that night, I'm like some kind of demented Nostradamus! Pacers could have had OG, or Allen or the guy I wanted who went at 19 which was the next pick, John Collins. We would have been better off trading that pick for a future pick.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#32 » by Duffman100 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:14 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

OH yeah that was Leaf! If you could go back and look at comments I made that night, I'm like some kind of demented Nostradamus! Pacers could have had OG, or Allen or the guy I wanted who went at 19 which was the next pick, John Collins. We would have been better off trading that pick for a future pick.

Yeah I made fun of the pick too. My brother and I were watching an I was like "They just drafted a slow footed big man with an okay shot?'
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#33 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:54 am

Duffman100 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Yeah I made fun of the pick too. My brother and I were watching an I was like "They just drafted a slow footed big man with an okay shot?'

He's not even a good shooter, I suppose he had college 3pt range, but has never been about to hit the NBA version. Now we're hearing that he refused to go to the G-League and play for FT Wayne where he might have developed a bit. Unfortunately the team picked up his option, and we're gonna have to pay him $4.3 million for next season. I'd gladly give him away for a used ball rack and send his salary along so a team can just cut the guy and get rid of their old ball rack.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#34 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:15 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Works with next season's salary:

https://tradenba.com/trades/o3Fw3qxx9

Nets trades LeVert/Prince/Dinwiddie/Allen for Porter/Oladipo/Arcidiacano/Kornet
Brooklyn gambles big to reel in the perfect (if healthy) complements to their stars.

Bulls trades Porter/Arcidiacano/Kornet for Prince/Dinwiddie/Lamb
Chicago reels in versatile vets on the wing, while retaining offseason capspace.

Pacers trades Oladipo/Lamb for LeVert/Anunoby
Indiana turns the page from Victor, while obtaining high-caliber two-way wings and cutting $11mil in salary.

Raptors trades Anunoby for Allen
Toronto adds a great young C, whose cap hold next summer should be small enough to pursue the max FA of their dreams.

Pacers get robbed here. Allen also isnt a 2-way wing. im not sure he is a 1-way wing. poor defender and volume offensive player with horrific efficiency who struggles to finish at the rim. terrible deal for the pacers. Why wouldnt everyone just cut out the nets here? Toronto doesnt need to be in this deal at all.

Bulls take oladipo, pacers take porter?

Why would the Pacers want Porter?

maybe they dont. but they certainly dont want levert

Return to Trades and Transactions