James harden is unstoppable!!!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Re: James harden is unstoppable!!! 

Post#41 » by therealbig3 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:12 pm

Metallikid wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
How could they give them their hardest fought series with Durant playing if they then got clobbered the last two games without Durant playing??

The 2 years before last year when gstate won with Durant. They definitely screwed up in 2019 by not being able to beat them when Durant went out but that was only 1.5 games.

Just dont recall them losing any series they were favoured in. Losing to teams superior than you happens to almost every player. I guess AD, Giannis, Jokic, PG, Westbrook, Butler and so on should all be labeled chokers.

We only lost to LeBron but people routinely call us chokers pre-2019 despite being the 2nd best team in the conference with Lowry-DeRozan-Casey from 2016-2018. The Nets in 2014 was referred terribly against us and the experienced Nets were favoured by many despite being the lower seed. We had one terrible series vs. the Wizards in 2015. In reality Giannis, AD, Jokic, Westbrook are chokers, plenty more than the Raptors were.

You lost to an old Nets team that really wasn’t that good and was the lower seed. Then got swept in embarrassing fashion by another lower seed the very next year. Then were LeBron’s whipping boys the next 3 years, including getting swept twice.

How is that not choking? Congrats, you guys got a championship, so you got that monkey off your back, but don’t act like you didn’t have embarrassing performances every year come playoff time which is what got you that choker reputation before the title in 2019.

And bringing up the refs for why you lost... :roll:
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,673

Post#42 » by VanWest82 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:15 pm

It's pretty incredible that he's averaging 34/7/6 on a title contender and there are media members that left him out of their top five MVP ballots.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#43 » by Metallikid » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:18 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
The 2 years before last year when gstate won with Durant. They definitely screwed up in 2019 by not being able to beat them when Durant went out but that was only 1.5 games.

Just dont recall them losing any series they were favoured in. Losing to teams superior than you happens to almost every player. I guess AD, Giannis, Jokic, PG, Westbrook, Butler and so on should all be labeled chokers.

We only lost to LeBron but people routinely call us chokers pre-2019 despite being the 2nd best team in the conference with Lowry-DeRozan-Casey from 2016-2018. The Nets in 2014 was referred terribly against us and the experienced Nets were favoured by many despite being the lower seed. We had one terrible series vs. the Wizards in 2015. In reality Giannis, AD, Jokic, Westbrook are chokers, plenty more than the Raptors were.

You lost to an old Nets team that really wasn’t that good and was the lower seed. Then got swept in embarrassing fashion by another lower seed the very next year. Then were LeBron’s whipping boys the next 3 years, including getting swept twice.

How is that not choking? Congrats, you guys got a championship, so you got that monkey off your back, but don’t act like you didn’t have embarrassing performances every year come playoff time which is what got you that choker reputation before the title in 2019.

And bringing up the refs for why you lost... :roll:

2016 was not a choke by any stretch. The old Nets still had the playoff experience - Lowry and DeMar didn't. Go look at the end of Game 7 - Amir Johnson literally fouled out on the most bs call that was a bait by Garnett. The Wizards series was bad for sure, no argument there. Against the Cavs in the sweeps especially we genuinely got an absolutely atrocious whistle. No one cares because not many supported us. Not to say it prevented us from winning, but it made the serious look much more one-sided than it was.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#44 » by Dupp » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:37 pm

Harden is so good offensively. One of the goats.

It’s a shame what the rockets have done since 2018 though. They are wasting one of the all times great peaks with this gimmick roster around him.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#45 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:53 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:The only thing that can stop James Harden is realizing it's the playoffs.

Thank you. That hit the spot.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#46 » by Black Mage » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:52 pm

Hard to stop someone who can literally pick up his dribble and lunge forward to make sure he falls into a defender in order to get a foul called. Couldn't find the video of it, but if someone knows the play I'm talking about and can get a vid I'd appreciate it.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#47 » by Mr B » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:07 pm

I’m sitting here rewatching this Mavs/Rockets game (I’m a Mavs fan) and I’m thinking Harden is really freaking good, plus he gets every damn call. Mavs totally had this game but all year they’ve had trouble closing out games. Harden got to the line late and Covington came clutch with a put back on a missed free throw to tie it up. If the Mavs just box out and get the rebound the game is basically over. In spite of my Mavs choking this game away Harden came up huge and gutted this win out for the Rockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,249

Post#48 » by pr0wler » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:08 pm

Dupp wrote:Harden is so good offensively. One of the goats.

It’s a shame what the rockets have done since 2018 though. They are wasting one of the all times great peaks with this gimmick roster around him.

While I don't disagree with any of this, I don't think it's entirely the Rockets management's fault. Paul and Harden weren't getting along, and Morey was forced to trade CP3 for Westbrook. Russ shooting 25% from 3-PT plus Capela on the court wasn't working at all. And since the Rockets are stuck with Russ, either they continue the mediocre results, or double down and build the lineup/gimmick around Russ's strengths. While it hasn't worked perfectly, I feel like it's an improvement from where they were and probably the best choice out of the options available.
SpaceCenter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#49 » by SpaceCenter » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:15 pm

He is the master of exploiting the rule book. Whether or not his moves should be called traveling or charges he does them well enough that he gets away with it. He's like the rich guy who can find the flaws in the tax system to keep his money. Ironically enough he also does this by living in income tax-free Texas.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#50 » by Dupp » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:39 pm

pr0wler wrote:
Dupp wrote:Harden is so good offensively. One of the goats.

While I don't disagree with any of this, I don't think it's entirely the Rockets management's fault. Paul and Harden weren't getting along, and Morey was forced to trade CP3 for Westbrook. Russ shooting 25% from 3-PT plus Capela on the court wasn't working at all. And since the Rockets are stuck with Russ, either they continue the mediocre results, or double down and build the lineup/gimmick around Russ's strengths. While it hasn't worked perfectly, I feel like it's an improvement from where they were and probably the best choice out of the options available.

I understand it was a tough situation and there were things they couldn't control or that were hardens fault (getting rid of paul). Not sure about giving up on Capela though.

I do think we might end up looking back at this period as a waste of a great player though. Much like KGs time in minny. Its gonna be a shame.
chuck_wagon44
Senior
And1: 625

Post#51 » by chuck_wagon44 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:33 am

He's only "great" because he holds the ball 99% of the time. He's always dribbling and controlling the ball so naturally speaking, he will get his numbers.

On top of that, the rules favor him. He's the only player allowed to flop, travel and push off consistently with no regard so that is also an advantage.

Lastly, he plays on a team that has no offensive (or defensive for that matter) creativity. They literally play iso ball and dribbling out the clock until they either get a lob or jack up a three (by yours truly Harden).

He benefitted so much from a coach like D'Antoni .

Harden's game is not fun to watch and I cringe whenever he dribbles or jacks up shots, I would hate, absolutely hate, to be a teammate of his. Frustrating bad quality of basketball.

Go Raptors.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,891

Post#52 » by Shock Defeat » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:44 am

chuck_wagon44 wrote:He's only "great" because he holds the ball 99% of the time. He's always dribbling and controlling the ball so naturally speaking, he will get his numbers.

On top of that, the rules favor him. He's the only player allowed to flop, travel and push off consistently with no regard so that is also an advantage.

Lastly, he plays on a team that has no offensive (or defensive for that matter) creativity. They literally play iso ball and dribbling out the clock until they either get a lob or jack up a three (by yours truly Harden).

He benefitted so much from a coach like D'Antoni .

Harden's game is not fun to watch and I cringe whenever he dribbles or jacks up shots, I would hate, absolutely hate, to be a teammate of his. Frustrating bad quality of basketball.

Go Raptors.

lies all lies

Return to The General Board