Holiday
57%

Total votes: 14

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Who'd You Rather? LeVert/Allen/PHI1st for... POLL 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:30 am

I know that we have a thread dealing with next season, BUT this is specifically to get opinions on the board about a trade target.

For the assets that we can assemble, the players that seem to be in our price range are:

JRUE HOLIDAY - the anti-star and 1-time All-Star, Holiday makes his impact on both ends without dominating usage. At 30, and having missed nearly 1/4 of his career due to injuries, you wonder whether he will have a steep dropoff, but it hasn't happened yet. Can perform well at either guard spot.

DEMAR DEROZAN - the most decorated (4-time All-Star) player on the list, DeRozan also happens to be the oldest. Turning 31 in August, his elite production has depended on heavy usage and superior rebounding and assisting for his position. Defense has diminished, and though he can still generate highlight dunks, his all-world athleticism may be fading. Never met a 3-pointer he did like.

OTTO PORTER - the most known unknown player in the league and least acclaimed on this list, an healthy Porter has two-way All-Star impact on role-player usage. The problem is, at 27yo he's missed 30% of his career due to nagging kinetic chain injuries. Can defend 1 thru 4 well, and has registered some lava-hot %'s from deep.

VICTOR OLADIPO - the 28yo SG with SF length and PG quickness has seen the highest highs on both ends of the floor, of any of these 4 players, in one magical season. He has yet to replicate those 17-18 figures, and injuries (are you noticing a theme?) have derailed his ascent into superstardom. Does his best work when orchestrating offenses as the lead guard.

Here is a statistical comparison of the quartet: https://tinyurl.com/y32z59et
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Re: Who'd You Rather? LeVert/Allen/PHI1st for... POLL 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am

Would prefer Holiday.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,431

Post#3 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:05 pm

The only one worth that package is Holiday.

Dipo sort of is, but definitely not with his injury concerns.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Also I accidentally voted for Dipo.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#5 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:29 pm

None of the above. If we're dealing LeVert (instead of Dinwiddie), we need to return a wing, and preferably one that will be a long-term piece even after KD. I have no interest in DeRozan (style/fit) or Jrue (position/size). Porter and Dipo fit, but I wouldn't give up a ton of future upside for them due to injury worries.

Swap Dinwiddie for LeVert, and I make the Jrue trade.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#6 » by Joel Embust » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:33 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Also I accidentally voted for Dipo.

Voted Holiday for you.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Joel Embust wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Also I accidentally voted for Dipo.

Voted Holiday for you.

Thanks!
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#8 » by ProspectPark » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm

None.

Team is nice the way it is.

Kyrie / LeVert / Harris / KD / DJ

Dinwiddie / TJ / Prince / Claxton / Allen

Chiozza / TLC / Rodi

This is a deep 13 man rotation. If KD, Kyrie, or LeVert miss time due to injuries or rest, we have players that are more than capable of taking on a bigger role for short stretches.

DeRozan can’t stretch the floor. Dipo has injury concerns. Holiday is too small to play next to Kyrie and will be a free agent looking for a max contract a year from now. I wouldn’t destroy our depth for any of these players.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#9 » by Stone » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:03 am

I agree with KD......^^

I like the pieces we have, the only player I would want to move would be Prince. And I don't even feel an urgent need to move him.

But hypothetically, if I had to make one of those trades. I would probably go for broke on Derozan.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#10 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 am

Not offering that package for any of those guys. I would gladly take Jrue on this team but I ain't giving up all that for someone who is an expiring, and 30+. Hard pass on the other three.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#11 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Don't like any of these options but if I had to pick, I'd be Jrue and it's probably not close.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#12 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 am

Stone wrote:I agree with KD......^^

I like the pieces we have, the only player I would want to move would be Prince. And I don't even feel an urgent need to move him.

But hypothetically, if I had to make one of those trades. I would probably go for broke on Derozan.

Prince will be much better coming off the bench in a 3+D role. He was asked to do a lot this season that he really has no business doing.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#13 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:I agree with KD......^^

Prince will be much better coming off the bench in a 3+D role. He was asked to do a lot this season that he really has no business doing.

I hope we can keep our depth and Prince definitely has a role with us. Him and Rodi bring much needed versatility along. Load management?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#14 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:18 pm

I love both Caris and Din, will take them before anyone. However if Jrue is out there and uncertainty with Caris and Din will appear I won't hesitate at all.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#15 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:30 pm

A name I don't recall being brought up recently, who I can definitely see mutual interest in being moved is... Tobias Harris.

This is depending on how the playoffs go for Philly and his asset cost for us, but I could definitely see something like Dinwiddie/Prince/Rodi or Musa and a 1st or 2 with reasonable protections exchanged for him.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#16 » by DarkXaero » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:28 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:A name I don't recall being brought up recently, who I can definitely see mutual interest in being moved is... Tobias Harris.

This is depending on how the playoffs go for Philly and his asset cost for us, but I could definitely see something like Dinwiddie/Prince/Rodi or Musa and a 1st or 2 with reasonable protections exchanged for him.
I ain't giving up Dinwiddie for Tobias Harris' terrible contract, let alone picks. We need to aim higher and think smarter.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:08 am

DarkXaero wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:A name I don't recall being brought up recently, who I can definitely see mutual interest in being moved is... Tobias Harris.

I ain't giving up Dinwiddie for Tobias Harris' terrible contract, let alone picks. We need to aim higher and think smarter.

We'd be paying Tobias max dollars to be a spot up shooter. I'll pass

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,877

Post#18 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:19 am

Oladipo is the clear answer out of these options.

Derozan, Porter and Holiday are not even "stars."

We have already seen Oladipo go toe to toe in a playoff series with LeBron for 7 games. And he fits great with Kyrie in the backcourt.

I would still rather just keep the team as is and pursue Ibaka though.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,877

Post#19 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:21 am

Are you serious?

Have you seen that contract?

Max money for a player who has never even made an All Star team.

I wouldn't go near that awful contract.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#20 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:21 am

I would take Harris for Levert and Prince, but only if they included Thybulle as sweetener. I'm really not feeling Tobias' inefficient offense, mediocre defense and gargantuan contract.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets