OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#961 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:19 pm

I hate both of you. I just ask for one other DS or BB or Nioh fan on here and I've got NOTHING.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#962 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:22 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I hate both of you. I just ask for one other DS or BB or Nioh fan on here and I've got NOTHING.

I know there are more masochists! When I said Ghost was hard, I know I told at least 2 or 3 of you that you suck (read: are better than me) because you thought it was easy compared to x.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#963 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I hate both of you. I just ask for one other DS or BB or Nioh fan on here and I've got NOTHING.

I know there are more masochists! When I said Ghost was hard, I know I told at least 2 or 3 of you that you suck (read: are better than me) because you thought it was easy compared to x.

Yoo btw, Dark Souls 3 is currently 75% off on the PSN at $15. I'm buying it for the third time since I can only play digital now.

Bloodborne was my first entry into the genre, but this was the game I liked the most early on. It's as accessible as the SoulsBorneNioh genre can be. I finished it and didn't have a super frustrating time, but still had the elation with every win.

If you want to dive in DS3 at $15 is an insanely good deal.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#964 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:18 am

If Sony ports Bloodborne to PC, like they did for Horizon Zero Dawn, I'll play it. I just feel way too late to the party on DS; they'll likely rot in my backlog forever.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#965 » by UcanUwill » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:56 pm

This will sound absolutely pathetic and insane, but I never played a single Nintendo exclusive, meaning I never played a single Zelda. Which Zelda that I could emulate would you recommend? Someone on youtube recommended Link to the past.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#966 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 4, 2020 4:03 pm

UcanUwill wrote:This will sound absolutely pathetic and insane, but I never played a single Nintendo exclusive, meaning I never played a single Zelda. Which Zelda that I could emulate would you recommend? Someone on youtube recommended Link to the past.

A Link to the Past. For sure.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#967 » by WRau1 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:24 pm

UcanUwill wrote:This will sound absolutely pathetic and insane, but I never played a single Nintendo exclusive, meaning I never played a single Zelda. Which Zelda that I could emulate would you recommend? Someone on youtube recommended Link to the past.

Breath of the Wild.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#968 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter

I’m ok with it. Got a lot of games to play currently and I’m ok waiting a bit longer.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#969 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:53 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m ok with it. Got a lot of games to play currently and I’m ok waiting a bit longer.

Yep, fine with me too. And I wouldn't be surprised if on the 18th they do something like 'it's dropping in 2 weeks!'...which would be 9/1. Or thereabouts.
bcks fan
Senior
And1: 244

Post#970 » by bcks fan » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:13 pm

Anyone have thoughts on HDMI 2.1 for next gen consoles?

Also, TCL partnered with THX to create a “certified gaming” tv.

I’m in the market for a new tv this fall as my current main room tv is 8 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#971 » by WRau1 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:48 pm

Pre-ordered the new Marvel game mainly due to the beta being this weekend. Pretty pumped about it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,719

Post#972 » by tydett » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:25 am

Fall Guys is **** great and if you have PSPlus, you're doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#973 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:59 am

tydett wrote:Fall Guys is **** great and if you have PSPlus, you're doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying it.

Getting big Fat Princess vibes from what I've seen. I'm in, gonna DL now.

ETA: It's really fun, but unless you have PS+, don't pick it up. You're gonna be constantly kicked out for server issues.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#974 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:23 am

New patch for Last Epoch today, and there's enough ARPG fans here that I wanted to give it a shout-out.

It's in early access and is probably a year away from full release, maybe more with COVID delays, but it's already in such a good state. I've played about 50h the past 3-4 months and there is a great base they're building off of. The story is terrible and the graphics are playing catch-up, but the gameplay is wonderful with lots of viable builds - with new skills each patch - and there's just great new stuff each patch. Really good devs behind this one and I'm excited to see where it ends up, not to mention excited to play it in the meantime.

PC and Mac. Happy to answer any questions if anyone is curious about the game.
MoneyInDaBank07
Junior
And1: 210

Post#975 » by MoneyInDaBank07 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 3:36 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
tydett wrote:Fall Guys is **** great and if you have PSPlus, you're doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying it.

Getting big Fat Princess vibes from what I've seen. I'm in, gonna DL now.

ETA: It's really fun, but unless you have PS+, don't pick it up. You're gonna be constantly kicked out for server issues.

Typical launch day server issues. I've played a fair share today already. REALLY fun.

Not sure how much lasting power it'll have though. Devs need to create more maps... and the ones with the "tails" are annoying as hell to me.
"I love Sam Cassell. He's a great guy, but he does look like E.T." - Charles Barkley
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#976 » by machu46 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm out of town at the moment but I'm so excited to give it a try. Looks like some great stupid fun.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#977 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:55 pm

Avengers is really sounding pretty lackluster from what I have seen thus far. Those that have played it - impressions?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#978 » by jschligs » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:57 pm

For those who play WZ, the season 5 update is good so far. Opening up stadium made it chaos there and it’s so fun to drop in. The train is a nice touch too and the new weapons are a welcomed change as are the zip lines up tail buildings. Haven’t had a chance to play the mini royales yet but will.

One thing I’m most pleased with is no more damn snipers in the gulag.

I gotta give them credit for perfecting BR in my opinion.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#979 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Avengers is really sounding pretty lackluster from what I have seen thus far. Those that have played it - impressions?

Game sounds pretty bad. Like Anthem level bad.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#980 » by machu46 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:36 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Avengers is really sounding pretty lackluster from what I have seen thus far. Those that have played it - impressions?

Was hoping they'd surprise me but that game has looked bad every time I've seen anything about it. Having said that, I'm someone that still enjoys games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for what it is sooooo yeah.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks