ImageImageImage

And Here We Go... Heat and Bol vs Chickie Nuggies, 8/1 1pm

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Majestic7
Starter
And1: 8,501

Re: And Here We Go... Heat and Bol vs Chickie Nuggies, 8/1 1pm 

Post#321 » by Majestic7 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:08 pm

Full Game Highlights!!
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,777

Post#322 » by al bondiga » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:10 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:What’s this?

This was bam starting at Center, spo for your sake stop tripping ...this game was a gimme, don't get used to it
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#323 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:13 pm

IggieCC wrote:
BenoUdrihFTL wrote:OKC is actually a team I've been looking forward to watching in the restart. Really paid zero attention to them pre-stoppage but they have a very interesting roster. Legit darkhorse potential imo

not enough offense to get out of West IMHO. their defense is legit though

Ye I looked up their team on/off splits and you aren't lying. Basically with CP0 and Gallo on, they're an elite offense. But it's an absolute disastee with them off:

Team ORTG

Paul on: 116.6
Paul off: 103.1

Gallo on: 118.5
Gallo off: 103.9

For reference, Mavs have the best offense this season with a 116.8 ORTG. Warriors had the worst with 105.2
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,960

Post#324 » by DayofMourning » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:18 pm

Just caught the highlights. Watching KO pull out some offense at the end was nice. Looks like a little bit of emphasis was placed on making the right move offensively, and keeping the other team on its toes, rather than just launching from three. Saw some good deceptive plays which led to layups by our long range gunners.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,824

Post#325 » by AirP. » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:57 pm

Jimmy Butler coffee!
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,438

Post#326 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:17 pm

goodboy wrote:this is why we need canadians

During a recent Heat game I attended, there was an old Canadian couple sitting in front of me. They told my friend and I they were at the game strictly to watch Olynyk. Nice people.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#327 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:38 pm

Interesting that Meyers Leonard did not start. Those Coors Light shotguns were not helpful.
OP for NBA FT record
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#328 » by HEATVols865 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:03 am

The Nuggets were like a third party in the elections. Leading up to it they feel good and feel like they have a good shot, they’re in it and get hopeful, just to realize that they have not shot and are easily beat.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#329 » by MadD23 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:48 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Interesting that Meyers Leonard did not start. Those Coors Light shotguns were not helpful.

Not only that he did not start, he did not play at all. Hate to say it, but there is no room for both Meyers and KO on the rotation if we want to be successful. KO is badly outplaying Meyers since the scrimmages and the season re started.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,486

Post#330 » by Bishop45 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:56 am

Good work ooap
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,935

Post#331 » by Wiltside » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:11 pm

Woke up this morning and watched the game. Not live, sadly, but I didn't see the scores in advance so that was positive.

Initial thoughts:

- Jimmy still looks scared to shoot a jump shot, but his intensity will fit this bubble life well. He looked on today. Love it when he's in attack mode and getting to the paint and the stripe at will.

- Bam ultimately got the better of Jokic in this matchup. Was a good battle though. Calling Bam 'Black Jokic' is a lazy comparison IMO. Jokic is a finesse big, has a soft touch on his jumper, and is a flashier and more talented passer. Bam has the athleticism and vertical ability, and defensive ability both inside and out, and his assists are more screen hand off and smart reads.

- Absolutely hated that second quarter lineup. Dragic/Herro/Crowder/Igoudala/Olynyk. Yuck. Particularly when Denver went big, it was the wrong chess move. They were playing volleyball on the offensive boards and it will cost us in other games.

-Still don't really see what Igoudala is bringing at this point. Particularly if we are going to force him to play down low as a 4 on defense. Makes no sense to me.

- Good to see Kelly figure it out in the 4th. He struggled a little with the athleticism of Plumlee/Green, but got his own back in that fourth. Lights out.

- DJJ looks like he could be somewhat the odd guy out in the rotation at this point. He should play over Igoudala at the 4, but he probably won't. Might be a situational thing between DJJ/KO/Meyers.

- Really liked Duncan's game. Obviously the threes were there, but he made a few nice plays off the dribble to either set up Bam or get to the rim for a layup. Next evolution of his game, would make him even more dangerous.

- Nunn and Herro should be a time share, running longer with whoever has the hot hand or based on matchups. If the answer is neither, play Gogi. I love the rooks, but winning these games is so important in getting the best seed possible. If it means we need to play the vets a little more, so be it.

Overall, a really quality win against a quality opponent. Nuggets weren't at full strength with Murray and Harris out, but we played well and deserved the dub. Raptors gonna be tough, hope Bam can lock up Pascal and JB might need to take Lowry.

As an aside, Nuggets have a few expiring players that could fit a need for us. Jerami Grant would be a nice fit at the 4, Plumlee would be a nice option as a backup 5. Wouldn't be a "sexy" choice, but he's sneaky effective.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,960

Post#332 » by DayofMourning » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:58 pm

Good stuff, Wilt.

I agree with Plumlee as well. I know that many posters want super sexy, but if we're banking on 2021, then we take what we can get. Plumlee gives you a post presence, which we don't have at the moment.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#333 » by HeatIn5 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:56 pm

A couple responses in red, since you took the time to share with us. Hope you enjoyed the game!!

Wiltside wrote:Woke up this morning and watched the game. Not live, sadly, but I didn't see the scores in advance so that was positive.

Initial thoughts:

- Jimmy still looks scared to shoot a jump shot, but his intensity will fit this bubble life well. He looked on today. Love it when he's in attack mode and getting to the paint and the stripe at will.

His intensity is so perfect for this bubble, you're right. That's something that carries game to game. We were teetering and had a possession where jimmy got on the ground for the ball, gave it to Bam who through a BEAUTIFUL advance pass to Nunn for a dunk. That play right there seemed to really loosen us up

- Bam ultimately got the better of Jokic in this matchup. Was a good battle though. Calling Bam 'Black Jokic' is a lazy comparison IMO. Jokic is a finesse big, has a soft touch on his jumper, and is a flashier and more talented passer. Bam has the athleticism and vertical ability, and defensive ability both inside and out, and his assists are more screen hand off and smart reads.

I thought Bam had a better 2nd half once Joker started tiring out, but I thought Bam struggled on the boards early. This is partly because of no Meyers. Bam NEEDS another Big next to him that can rebound - Preferably a stretch guy. Meyers is surprisingly perfect.

- Absolutely hated that second quarter lineup. Dragic/Herro/Crowder/Igoudala/Olynyk. Yuck. Particularly when Denver went big, it was the wrong chess move. They were playing volleyball on the offensive boards and it will cost us in other games.

Spot on. Spo needs to figure out this rotation.

-Still don't really see what Igoudala is bringing at this point. Particularly if we are going to force him to play down low as a 4 on defense. Makes no sense to me.

I think you answered this with your Jimmy comment above. Ig brings that toughness and intensity that Butler brings when Butler is off the floor. He's a leader defensively. I was watching the railcam all day yesterday (on ESPN3, Highly recommended) and you can hear the players talking and it is clear that Ig was our defensive leader when on the floor. Calling out a lot of rotations.

- Good to see Kelly figure it out in the 4th. He struggled a little with the athleticism of Plumlee/Green, but got his own back in that fourth. Lights out.

Yea he needed that. Had a horrendous first 2 and a half quarters

- DJJ looks like he could be somewhat the odd guy out in the rotation at this point. He should play over Igoudala at the 4, but he probably won't. Might be a situational thing between DJJ/KO/Meyers.

He struggled with the size of Denver. He'll be better in other games. Luckily we have a very versatile roster

- Really liked Duncan's game. Obviously the threes were there, but he made a few nice plays off the dribble to either set up Bam or get to the rim for a layup. Next evolution of his game, would make him even more dangerous.

Just debating if he's Klay Robinson or Duncan Thompson

- Nunn and Herro should be a time share, running longer with whoever has the hot hand or based on matchups. If the answer is neither, play Gogi. I love the rooks, but winning these games is so important in getting the best seed possible. If it means we need to play the vets a little more, so be it.

I had actually really cooled off on Nunn as the season went on, but I thought he played a very underrated game yesterday. Herro has been a little lost and needs that conjugal visit with Katya soon

Overall, a really quality win against a quality opponent. Nuggets weren't at full strength with Murray and Harris out, but we played well and deserved the dub. Raptors gonna be tough, hope Bam can lock up Pascal and JB might need to take Lowry.

As an aside, Nuggets have a few expiring players that could fit a need for us. Jerami Grant would be a nice fit at the 4, Plumlee would be a nice option as a backup 5. Wouldn't be a "sexy" choice, but he's sneaky effective.

Jerami would be a GREAT DJJ Upgrade. If they are getting paid a similar price give me Grant
Read on Twitter
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#334 » by gom » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:58 pm

Watching the game yesterday began an amazing day. Both teams looked a little awkward in the first half with plenty of fouling, but by the end of the game, it was pretty clear Miami has great physical and mental preparation. That was very encouraging. Let's keep it up!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#335 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:02 pm

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#336 » by gom » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:59 am

Yeah, that was a tough loss after coming back from 17 points down. Two stupid turnovers, a flake flagrant call, and crap 3-point shooting. We were lucky to be so close.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat