Heat Max Cap x2

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Heat Max Cap x2 

Post#1 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 12:49 pm

This is a jump off of godaddycurse Idea...

Hornets Trade: Batum
Hornets Receive: Wiggins + 2021 Wolves FRP

Rockets Trade: Covington + E. Gordon
Rockets Receive: Iggy + Paschall + #22 (2020 Heat FRP) + 12Mil TPE

Warriors Trade: Wiggins + Paschall + #2 + 2021 Wolves FRP Owed + 2022 FRP (unprotected)
Warriors Receive: Butler + E. Gordon (via TPE)

Heat Trade: Butler + Iggy + #22
Heat Receive: Covington + Batum + #2 (2020 GSW FRP) + 2022 GSW FRP (unprotected)

Hornets Why: get a promising FRP for taking on 2 extra years of Wiggins.

Rockets Why: cap flexibility and 10Mil instant cap savings.
C: Tucker or vet C
F: Paschall or Tucker
F: House or Iggy
G: Harden | Iggy
G: Westbrook | Harden

Warriors Why: get perfect fitting Butler and Gordon off off bench to load manage Curry and Klay.
C: Chriss or Vet
F: Green
F: Butler
G: Klay
G: Curry
6: Gordon

Heat Why: Riley can easily get 2x max free agents. He still has Covington, Bam and Herro recruiting. Plus a high draft pick he can get creative with (consolidation win-now trade?).
C: Olynyk | Bam
F: Bam | Covington | Robinson
F: Covington | Batum
G: Herro | Batum
G: Nunn | #2 (GOF?)
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Re: Heat Max Cap x2 

Post#2 » by Skybox » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:29 pm

Miami would be nuts to do this. They found their Alpha Dog, they'll have cap in 2021 already. Who are they going to sign that's a better, more loyal psycho than Butler? Covington, Bam, and Herro are nice role players around Butler but IDK that they are a recruiting draw.

HUGE win for GSW. HOU doesn't really get better IMO-maybe worse unless the TPE gets perfectly spent. CHA locks into bottom of standings for 3 years. I think Wiggins could be an asset on a defensive-minded team with a role as designated scorer, but not CHA.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#3 » by pipfan » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:37 pm

I had an easier deal
Butler to GS
Wiggins and the MInny 2021 pick to Chi
Porter and the GS 2020 #1 or 2 pick to Miami, plus a lottery protected 1st from Chi

GS gets a stud wing and goes for it

Chi adds Wiggins, who at least plays every night, and a hopeful 2021 top 10 pick

Miami adds a top 2 pick, Porter (who helps them for a year, then they have his bird rights), and a future Bulls pick
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,271

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:39 pm

pipfan wrote:I had an easier deal
Butler to GS
Porter and the GS 2020 #1 or 2 pick to Miami, plus a lottery protected 1st from Chi

Chi adds Wiggins, who at least plays every night, and a hopeful 2021 top 10 pick

Miami adds a top 2 pick, Porter (who helps them for a year, then they have his bird rights), and a future Bulls pick

Miami needs cheap win now pieces to help draw FAs, porter doesnt do that.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#5 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:46 pm

Skybox wrote:Miami would be nuts to do this. They found their Alpha Dog, they'll have cap in 2021 already. Who are they going to sign that's a better, more loyal psycho than Butler? Covington, Bam, and Herro are nice role players around Butler but IDK that they are a recruiting draw.

HUGE win for GSW. HOU doesn't really get better IMO-maybe worse unless the TPE gets perfectly spent. CHA locks into bottom of standings for 3 years. I think Wiggins could be an asset on a defensive-minded team with a role as designated scorer, but not CHA.

Riley wants to recruit 2x max free agents and say: Covington, Bam, Herro are role players around you two.
C: Bam
F: Giannis (he and Bam are buddies)
F: Covington
G: Herro
G: Dipo
Plus #2 overall. Can they keep Nunn?

And if Riley really wants to recruit, “Hey both max FAs, you can also tell me who you want traded for.”

S&T or Covington (as ballast) + #2 (salary will count) + 2022 GSW FRP + 2025 Heat FRP (and if trade sexy enough + Herro)...that trade can get stud win-now player.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#6 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:51 pm

pipfan wrote:I had an easier deal
Butler to GS

This makes Heat too bad on the court 2020/2021 season. They don’t own their own FRP (unprotected). Really risking a lot on Porter health.

Plus, his cap hold would need to be released (to sign free agents) — still have his bird rights? I don’t think so.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#7 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:53 am

Butler is not on the table. Sorry, not happening. This is a rebuilding trade, and we are decidedly NOT rebuilding.

Very easy pass...
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#8 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:59 am

BBallFreak wrote:Butler is not on the table. Sorry, not happening. This is a rebuilding trade, and we are decidedly NOT rebuilding.

Very easy pass...

I get it man, clicking on a thread about trading your alpha leader is never easy.

I assume you are a heat fan, which roster is better?

Herro and Bam are constant.

Butler + Giannis

OR

Giannis + Covington + Dipo + #2 Overall

Bird in hand applies no doubt. But if Riley thinks a better success of 2x max free agents conspiring vs. Butler recruiting one by himself — this is the trade.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:39 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Butler is not on the table. Sorry, not happening. This is a rebuilding trade, and we are decidedly NOT rebuilding.

Very easy pass...

I get it man, clicking on a thread about trading your alpha leader is never easy.

Butler + Giannis

OR

Bird in hand applies no doubt. But if Riley thinks a better success of 2x max free agents conspiring vs. Butler recruiting one by himself — this is the trade.

:roll:

The idea that you trade your Alpha for a shot at another alpha when it's just a shot is ridiculous. This is the easiest pass ever, and it's not even close. Aside from the fact that it's completely the wrong move culturally (Jimmy embodies everything we stand for), it sends the wrong message to the players on the roster and players who might want to come to the team. It's a complete, 100% non-starter.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#10 » by drosereturn » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:04 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Very easy pass...

Butler + Giannis

OR

Yeah its hard to believe Heat fans would not choose the latter lineup when its younger and has more potential as a championship contender. As great as Butler is, he is not a number 1 or even a 2 on a championship team. We all saw it with the Bulls, Wolves, Sixers which was why he was tossed around.

Like Giannis, Dipo is the worst scenario. Trading Butler could net Giannis + Lebron/Kawhi/PG all the superstars who are UFA.
And this is while keeping the rest of the core including Bam. Thats a potential dynasty better than 10' Cheaties.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by BBallFreak » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:21 am

Showtime23 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Very easy pass...

Butler + Giannis

OR

Yeah its hard to believe Heat fans would not choose the latter lineup when its younger and has more potential as a championship contender. As great as Butler is, he is not a number 1 or even a 2 on a championship team. We all saw it with the Bulls, Wolves, Sixers which was why he was tossed around.

Like Giannis, Dipo is the worst scenario. Trading Butler could net Giannis + Lebron/Kawhi/PG all the superstars who are UFA.
And this is while keeping the rest of the core including Bam. Thats a potential dynasty better than 10' Cheaties.

First, you don't get taken seriously when you call us Cheaties.

Second, you don't get taken seriously when revising history. What Butler did in Philly in the playoffs clearly states that he is, at worst, a second option. What he did for Minnesota backs that up, as well.

You're reaching big time. You can claim he's too old for Giannis' prime, but that's all you've got. Don't hate on Butler because he's not wearing your team's jersey anymore...
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:40 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Very easy pass...

Butler + Giannis

OR

No, the worst scenario is that Miami is signing Otto Porter and other mid to low tier guys to big one or two year deals to place hold the salary because Giannis re signed in Milwaukee on a super max, and Oladipo re signed in Indy for his max. Both of which are super likely. Miami may be the “outside front runner” if the guys are willing to listen to outside offers, but they’re still outside chances, and low risk. They’re definitely not the most likely option at this time. To make major moves and assume that two guys are automatic to come in a year when that’s not the guarantee is SUPER risky.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#13 » by Skybox » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:54 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

Very easy pass...

Butler + Giannis

OR

I see the thought when you put the two finished products side by side, but...
-Oladipo has really only had one Star year. He's likely very good from now on, but Butler has been All-NBA.
-Butler was not "tossed around"...he was a miserable teammate when playing with content losers. MIA talent last year was not anywhere near as good as they played. In other words, Butler's mentality lifted some willing role players. He's as fierce as anyone in the league and ranks way above his own talent level in his impact and his impact on others-if they have it in them (See "The Last Dance").
-Trading away, IMO, a top 10-20 player for a shot at someone is a terrible idea...Why would Giannis prefer Dipo to Butler? Giannis and Butler would be savage in a Jordan/Pippen way. There may not be a better hypothetical pairing in the league. Nobody's running to MIA for the chance to play with Herro and Bam, but they're very nice to have. I imagine it's a lot harder for a GM to sell..."if I can get this guy, will you come?" as opposed to Butler sitting in on the recruiting meeting.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#14 » by rugbyrugger23 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:26 pm

Really I think the timing is off on this deal. Say Giannis wanted to play with free agent X. Just like KD and Irving wanted to land in same spot, or others before them.

2021 offseason is when a Butler trade would happen. Giannis and other free agents would become free agents (no extensions). Riley than calls teams wanting Butler in which he would get some return, plus enough cap for Giannis and his sidekick. Maybe even a Butler trade for player S&T.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#15 » by gom » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:08 am

People that think Miami would consider trading Butler right now really don't understand the Heat FO, its fans, or its culture.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Trades and Transactions