More talented Wade, Harden or CP3

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

?

Wade
44%
Harden
28%
CP3
28%

Total votes: 216

Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Re: More talented Wade, Harden or CP3 

Post#81 » by Soulyss » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:59 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:If it's talent, I think it's Harden.

Only if the talent show is dead fish impersonations...
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#82 » by karkinos » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:47 pm

Sane wrote:Wade can't hit a 3, a basic skill. He can't be in this convo.

read the topic?
this thread is about talent, not skill.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#83 » by Def Leppard » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:22 pm

Please define talented

Sent from my BBE100-5 using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,452

Post#84 » by Pelly24 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:17 pm

I actually changed my mind. I think CP3 takes it here, followed by DWade, then Harden. .

I watched OKC yesterday and the way CP effortlessly controlled the game and hit any type of shot he wanted when he needed to despite clearly diminished athletic ability was insane. I'd estimate that Chris Paul is actually still a top 10 or 11 player this year and I think they would beat the Rockets in a 7-game series. I see how many people born in 1984 or 1985 have retired or how ineffective they are now. CP3 is only 5'11.75" without shoes. He's the best ballhandler, the best shooter, the best IQ, best defender, etc. He's a top 10 or so talent ever overall. I looked at his playoff numbers, his regular season. He's incredible.
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#85 » by gorz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:38 pm

cp3 is the most skilled. For him to be a former top 5 player in the NBA and perennial top 10 at his height is incredible.

Harden is freaking skilled for 6'5. His combination of handle and shot is one of the best all time at his height range 6'4-6'6.

Wade is the most athletic of three but least skilled of the 3 even tho he's underrated in that department. He didn't have vast offensive arsenal but stuck to what he was good at.
ccameron
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,380

Post#86 » by ccameron » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:35 pm

gorz wrote:cp3 is the most skilled. For him to be a former top 5 player in the NBA and perennial top 10 at his height is incredible.

Harden is freaking skilled for 6'5. His combination of handle and shot is one of the best all time at his height range 6'4-6'6.

Wade is the most athletic of three but least skilled of the 3 even tho he's underrated in that department. He didn't have vast offensive arsenal but stuck to what he was good at.

This is being repeated a lot in this thread but I don't know where people are getting this. Wade was not a good 3 point shooter, but that's it, he could score any other way and had a huge offensive arsenal. He was one of the most unpredictable players in that he could get a shot off in endlessly creative ways. If we're talking about people sticking to what they're good at, it's actually Harden who spams the most efficient shots, which is why he can run such an efficient offense. Spamming the most efficient shots is obviously smart but it has a downside, I've discussed this elsewhere in that the tradeoff is that it makes you more predictable, but I'm not here commenting on which approach is better. I'm just pointing out that it's a huge mistake to say Wade didn't have a vast offensive arsenal because he wasn't a great 3 point shooter. He was actually the more varied and less predictable of the two.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#87 » by elchengue20 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:52 pm

OdomFan wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
Suprasc1 wrote:If LeBron had CP3 in 2011 he would've won 4 in a row

I agree, but Wade wasnt in his prime anymore post 2010. Also, CP3 is a better fit next to Lebron than Wade.

How? What can CP3 possibly do in a system where the ball is dominated more times than not by Lebron James? CP3 is used to being the one running the offense, so it wouldn't make any sense to put those two on the same team.

Chris Paul is a better off ball player than Wade. Wade was a combo guard more than a pure SG. And he was a terrible spot up shooter. He wasn't a great fit next to Lebron, they made it work because they were great. CP3 played well enough next to a more ball dominant player in Harden. Not saying CP3 is a ideal fit next to Lebron, but a better one than Wade. He would be like a smarter and way better defender version of Irving. He would also allow Lebron to play off ball better.

Plus, he was in his prime in the 2010's. Wade wasnt.
Sane
Veteran
And1: 1,341

Post#88 » by Sane » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:08 pm

karkinos wrote:

read the topic?

Correct, he doesn't have the talent to add that skill.

Doesn't happen with Harden and CP3.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#89 » by Frozzy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:32 pm

To me it's CP3, even at 6'0" he rarely looks like he's at a huge size disadvantage on the court. People forget how good he was on both ends before the nagging injuries
Suprasc1
Senior
And1: 271

Post#90 » by Suprasc1 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:32 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
I agree, but Wade wasnt in his prime anymore post 2010. Also, CP3 is a better fit next to Lebron than Wade.

How? What can CP3 possibly do in a system where the ball is dominated more times than not by Lebron James? CP3 is used to being the one running the offense, so it wouldn't make any sense to put those two on the same team.

Chris Paul is a better off ball player than Wade. Wade was a combo guard more than a pure SG. And he was a terrible spot up shooter. He wasn't a great fit next to Lebron, they made it work because they were great. CP3 played well enough next to a more ball dominant player in Harden. Not saying CP3 is a ideal fit next to Lebron, but a better one than Wade. He would be like a smarter and way better defender version of Irving. He would also allow Lebron to play off ball better.

Great post!
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,181

Post#91 » by rate_ » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:07 pm

gorz wrote:cp3 is the most skilled. For him to be a former top 5 player in the NBA and perennial top 10 at his height is incredible.

You know very little about based off this ridiculous comment you made. Wade is much more skilled than Harden inside the 3P line
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,584

Post#92 » by OdomFan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:25 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
OdomFan wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

It's still a bad idea to have them on the same team because CP3 is one of the best to create shots for the whole team. So that be wasting his full potential. Especially if you have him and Lebron together in their primes like how it was with Wade. Standing by what I said. Btw Harden and CP3 didn't work out so much in the end considering their disagreements that led to the separation.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#93 » by karkinos » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:20 am

Sane wrote:
karkinos wrote:

read the topic?

Correct, he doesn't have the talent to add that skill.

Doesn't happen with Harden and CP3.

talent is innate ability
skill can be honed through practice.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#94 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:59 am

Hard to say, I'll go with cp3 though just due to his size and skill level as well as his ability to lead and play on both ends.
Read
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,245

Post#95 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:03 am

Wade is clearly 3rd out of these 3. I have a hard time picking between Harden and CP3.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#96 » by Soulyss » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:52 am

BBallFreak wrote:
Soulyss wrote:CP3 is so criminally underrated on this board. Probably because he's an ****. But criminally underrated nevertheless.

I fail to see how comparing him to Wade and Harden underrates him...

At the time he was trailing pretty heavily in 3rd place of the voting.. since then it's corrected itself... a bit. I still think he's the best of the bunch, and that isn't a shot at Wade. Harden is a distant 3rd.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,132

Post#97 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:55 am

It's very close. Can't go wrong with any of them.
chyau.00
Starter
And1: 713

Post#98 » by chyau.00 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:08 am

2 perennial losers vs a champion.

why is this even a debate?
Drou
Junior
And1: 400

Post#99 » by Drou » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:56 am

The one who relies the least on his athletic abilities, so I chose Harden but feel free to disagree - all of them will become first ballot HOF's after all.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,584

Post#100 » by OdomFan » Mon Aug 3, 2020 1:18 pm

chyau.00 wrote:2 perennial losers vs a champion.

why is this even a debate?

Well to be fair that one champions "talent" (Wade) didn't single handily win his team the trophies, it was him and the team. CP3 and even Harden have had the talent to win a title throughout their career but it just hasn't happened yet.

Return to The General Board