Post#341 » by Jhawk03 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:22 am

NYSixersFan wrote:Heck, let's go with Becky Hammon

This
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Re: 8/1 7PM - Sixers vs. Pacers 

Post#342 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:23 am

VDT wrote:Those that believe firing Brown will solve anything are insane imo. He will get fired if the team disappointed but there is no magic solution to have this roster make sense. When your options to create from the perimeter are Shake, Korkmaz, Richardson and 0 assist Harris you shouldnt expect miracles.

Still Warren was on fire and they won because of that and our turnovers , it happens on every team really from time to time. More concernibg than the loss is that the team still lacks identity.

No, Warren on fire does not happen to every team man. We consistently get burned by a player each game. There have been so many career highs against us. Partially that's on personell, but when personel change, and the results are the same (inconsistent) then it's on the coaching.

They need to get rid of Brett, and then trade horford. I'd like to keep Richardson, to see what a different coach could do with him, but I know nobody is taking on that Horford contract on its own.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#343 » by Black Mage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:24 am

I can kinda see these last 8 games and the playoffs playing out like Andy Reid's final year in Philly where the players just gave up to usher him out. Anyone else getting that vibe from this team?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#344 » by youngcrev » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:25 am

Is Monday a "home" game or should I skip it?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#345 » by Black Mage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:25 am

eyeatoma wrote:
VDT wrote:Those that believe firing Brown will solve anything are insane imo. He will get fired if the team disappointed but there is no magic solution to have this roster make sense. When your options to create from the perimeter are Shake, Korkmaz, Richardson and 0 assist Harris you shouldnt expect miracles.

Still Warren was on fire and they won because of that and our turnovers , it happens on every team really from time to time. More concernibg than the loss is that the team still lacks identity.

No, Warren on fire does not happen to every team man. We consistently get burned by a player each game. There have been so many career highs against us. Partially that's on personell, but when personel change, and the results are the same (inconsistent) then it's on the coaching.

They need to get rid of Brett, and then trade horford. I'd like to keep Richardson, to see what a different coach could do with him, but I know nobody is taking on that Horford contract on its own.

Our consistency, intensity and defense fell off a cliff after Lloyd Pierce left.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#346 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:25 am

NYSixersFan wrote:I don't want to let Elton off the hook...he needs to be canned with Brett

Not happening unless you get a yes man in return. Ownership really just needs to sell the team. Wasting the prime years of Jojo.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#347 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:29 am

eyeatoma wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:Jay Wright would be my first choice...I'd consider Jason Kidd...Don't want Mark Jackson...maybe Jeff Van Gundy?...not Stan

No to Kidd, and not to Stan lol.
I'd give Jeff a chance. Every time he calls our games he speaks facts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#348 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:30 am

Given where we’re at in the process, I’m going to root for us to win every night. That being said, if losing leads to us firing Brett, I won’t complain.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#349 » by Black Mage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:32 am

On the plus side. We lost, Thunder won. That OKC 1st rnd pick getting a bit closer to coming over.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#350 » by VDT » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:34 am

Black Mage wrote:

Sixers have already tried changing the players and the same problems persist. The only constant to explain why for 3 years we have the same problems is the coach.

It's a joke that TJ McConnell knew what plays we were going to run and calling them out before we even got into the set and he hasn't been on the team for a year. That proves Brett NEVER changes his offensive schemes (which suck) regardless of his personnel.

The Sixers lack a creator from the perimeter and when Embiid is off they lack a first option. They never really attempted to build around anyone and the ill fitting rosters reflect that. To be honest though, it is hard to make a roster with Embiid And Simmons fit. You need players that are willing and good three point shooters that are mostly positive defenders and you need at least a very good /excellent perimeter creator that can also shoot which is the hardest thing to get in the nba. You need basically what every team in the nba wants, 3+d players and a perimeter star, which makes it even harder to acquire them.

All these are hard to achieve and they will likely required some hard choices first. Which is why i dont think the Sixers coaching position will be that popular (other than some have beens that would take any position available). It is very easy to underperform and very hard to beat the expectations.
NYSixersFan
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#351 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:38 am

Black Mage wrote:On the plus side. We lost, Thunder won. That OKC 1st rnd pick getting a bit closer to coming over.

This draft is weak, no?
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#352 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:39 am

Black Mage wrote:I can kinda see these last 8 games and the playoffs playing out like Andy Reid's final year in Philly where the players just gave up to usher him out. Anyone else getting that vibe from this team?
I mean, if I'm Burks or Thybulle and watching Neto finish the game from the bench it'd be hard to not give off that vibe.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#353 » by VDT » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:40 am

eyeatoma wrote:

It happens to everyone. NBA teams are scoring 110-120 point per game. In a lot of games you will have good performances from some random players and once in a while you will get some outlier performance like today. Boston was one of the best defense Last year and Booker scored 60 or 70 on them. Warren had 9/12 3 point shots and most of the were not open. It happens. Its a good thing it didnt happen in the postseason.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#354 » by Black Mage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:44 am

VDT wrote:
Black Mage wrote:

Sixers have already tried changing the players and the same problems persist. The only constant to explain why for 3 years we have the same problems is the coach.

It's a joke that TJ McConnell knew what plays we were going to run and calling them out before we even got into the set and he hasn't been on the team for a year. That proves Brett NEVER changes his offensive schemes (which suck) regardless of his personnel.

The Sixers lack a creator from the perimeter and when Embiid is off they lack a first option. They never really attempted to build around anyone and the ill fitting rosters reflect that. To be honest though, it is hard to make a roster with Embiid And Simmons fit. You need players that are willing and good three point shooters that are mostly positive defenders and you need at least a very good /excellent perimeter creator that can also shoot which is the hardest thing to get in the nba. You need basically what every team in the nba wants, 3+d players and a perimeter star, which makes it even harder to acquire them.

All these are hard to achieve and they will likely required some hard choices first. Which is why i dont think the Sixers coaching position will be that popular (other than some have beens that would take any position available). It is very easy to underperform and very hard to beat the expectations.

Just stop. He REFUSES to run PNR no matter who he has. He had Jimmy Butler who is an amazing PNR player and he fought against using that play.

::EDIT:: was it our roster that forced Brett to run Neto who had been on the outs in the scrimmages instead of running with Burks who had played more? Was that a roster issue?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant

Post#355 » by Black Mage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:46 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Black Mage wrote:On the plus side. We lost, Thunder won. That OKC 1st rnd pick getting a bit closer to coming over.

This draft is weak, no?

Better to have a lottery ticket than none at all. Maybe we can jump up for Kira.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#356 » by Jhawk03 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:46 am

Black Mage wrote:
VDT wrote:
Black Mage wrote:

Just stop. He REFUSES to run PNR no matter who he has. He had Jimmy Butler who is an amazing PNR player and he fought against using that play.

No don't stop, please continue. The narrative that a different coach will change anything needs to die :wink:
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#357 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:58 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
Black Mage wrote:
VDT wrote:

No don't stop, please continue. The narrative that a different coach will change anything needs to die :wink:

So what would you do?

Explain to me, why the coach isn't the next. They've tried a bunch of players (none who are an actual fit, and fills the needs of this team). Time for the coach to go, and make some tweaks to the roster so that the fit can be better. This offseason needs to be used to fix this stuff. If not, Embiid asks for a trade by the deadline next season, and I don't blame him.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#358 » by Da ThRONe » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:10 am

Milton/Neto combine 40 mins 1-4 fg, 0-2 3pt, 2 pts, 6 ast, 3 to. Burke with the Mavs 30mins 11-16 fg, 8-10 3pt, 31 pts 6 ast, 0 to.

Why did they cut Trey again?
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#359 » by phifans » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:46 am

I recommended you guys to find out how Pacers got TJ Warren last summer and then how we got Harris and you will get the final answer for everything. :lol:
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#360 » by eyeatoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:51 am

phifans wrote:I recommended you guys to find out how Pacers got TJ Warren last summer and then how we got Harris and you will get the final answer for everything.
Problem is if we had Warren he would be neutered by Brett again. Same ****.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers