Game Thread - Game 1: Sixers vs. Pacers 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:58 pm

Discuss here.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 824

Re: Game Thread - Game 1: Sixers vs. Pacers 

Post#2 » by Pacersike » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:12 am

How many first rounders did we give up to get Warren again?

Dude had 2 killer offseasons for 1 season :D

I know Embiid destroys almost everyone, but a self proclaiming DPOY shouldn't be among them.

Happy to have our team back though and with our team effort.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,266

Post#3 » by Nuntius » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:16 am

Pacersike wrote:I know Embiid destroys almost everyone, but a self proclaiming DPOY shouldn't be among them.

Myles hasn't been allowed to play basketball tonight. He got hit with a foul in the first possession and then a second one 3 minutes after that. He has 3 fouls in 8 minutes. This happens quite often when we play the Sixers. The refs just treat Embiid like Harden and the moment that someone actually plays defense against him, they call a foul.

Anyway, back to the game. Good first half so far. TJ Warren has been amazing. TJ McConnell also helped the team a lot with some of the steals that shifted the momentum back in our favor. Justin has helped on steals as well.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#4 » by Pacersike » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:56 am

Nuntius wrote:
Pacersike wrote:I know Embiid destroys almost everyone, but a self proclaiming DPOY shouldn't be among them.

Myles hasn't been allowed to play basketball tonight. He got hit with a foul in the first possession and then a second one 3 minutes after that. He has 3 fouls in 8 minutes. This happens quite often when we play the Sixers. The refs just treat Embiid like Harden and the moment that someone actually plays defense against him, they call a foul.

Anyway, back to the game. Good first half so far. TJ Warren has been amazing. TJ McConnell also helped the team a lot with some of the steals that shifted the momentum back in our favor. Justin has helped on steals as well.

Harden is probably the most creative offensive player in the league and Embiid the strongest. Sure, the refs add some recognition, but I strongly believe in crediting persons for what they achieve in stead of blaming persons for making mistakes.

It's up to the rest of the league to find ways to defend them without fouling them, comlaining about the refs and their decisions is just a sign of weakness that they aren't able to find such legit ways. Harden and Embiid do the large part of making themselves unstoppable, the refs do only a small part by favoring them.

TJ power!
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Nuntius » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:59 am

Pacersike wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Harden is probably the most creative offensive player in the league and Embiid the strongest. Sure, the refs add some recognition, but I strongly believe in crediting persons for what they achieve in stead of blaming persons for making mistakes.

It's up to the rest of the league to find ways to defend them without fouling them, comlaining about the refs and their decisions is just a sign of weakness that they aren't able to find such legit ways. Harden and Embiid do the large part of making themselves unstoppable, the refs do only a small part by favoring them.

Stars getting a favorable whistle is something that I will never agree on.

Pacersike wrote:TJ power!

We agree on that.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#6 » by Pacersike » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:17 am

Nuntius wrote:Stars getting a favorable whistle is something that I will never agree on.

It's everywhere though. In soccer, at work, among friends. It's (weak) human nature.

Roy Hibbert had his share in the past as well.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Nuntius » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:19 am

Pacersike wrote:
Nuntius wrote:Stars getting a favorable whistle is something that I will never agree on.

It's everywhere though. In soccer, at work, among friends. It's (weak) human nature.

I agree that it's everywhere but that doesn't mean that I have to respect it or agree with it. I will always oppose it. It's one of the reasons why I'm not fond of superstars in general.

Pacersike wrote:Roy Hibbert had his share in the past as well.

I disagree. What Roy got was the correct interpretation of the rules on the subject of verticality.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#8 » by Pacersike » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:35 am

Nuntius wrote:
Pacersike wrote:

I agree that it's everywhere but that doesn't mean that I have to respect it or agree with it. I will always oppose it. It's one of the reasons why I'm not fond of superstars in general.

I disagree. What Roy got was the correct interpretation of the rules on the subject of verticality.

Roy got a bit assistance as well IMO He wasn't defending as clean as the refs made it look like.

Got to accept it though if the mob wants to keep it like that. I have more valuable objects to oppose to, animal and nature abuse.

Anyways the game

We win :D :D :D
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nuntius » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:40 am

Pacersike wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Pacersike wrote:It's everywhere though. In soccer, at work, among friends. It's (weak) human nature.

Roy got a bit assistance as well IMO He wasn't defending as clean as the refs made it look like.

I disagree. I believe that the rest of the bigs were getting a bit screwed when they tried to defend that way. Every other big should be officiated the way that Roy was officiated and, unfortunately, this wasn't always the case.

Pacersike wrote:Got to accept it though if the mob wants to keep it like that.

We can always agree to disagree :D

Pacersike wrote:I have more valuable objects to oppose to, animal and nature abuse.

Fully agreed on that.

Pacersike wrote:Anyways the game

We win :D :D :D

Very glad we were able to pull this one out. TJ Warren was sensational!
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#10 » by Topofthekey » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:37 am

This is fantastic, it's exactly what the team needs

With Domas out and Vic not at 100%, the stage is ripe for someone else to rise to the occasion. To build their own case for stardom

If Warren can maintain this level of performance throughout the restart and the playoffs, Pacers got a third star on the team

Next, it's Brogdon's turn

And then with Domas and Vic both returning at 100% next season, that's how Pacers end up with 4 stars on the roster without making any trades

Let's see it happen. So stoked
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,275

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:20 am

I got so distracted by Warren's 53 that I almost didn't realize that Aaron Holiday had a very respectable 15.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#12 » by Jake0890 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:37 pm

This was a great performance from Warren and the Pacers. I had very little confidence after we opened the game with 3 turnovers, taking poor shots, and giving the Sixers easy dunks, but once we turned up the defensive intensity and started creating turnovers ourselves, we pulled ahead.

Warren was incredible and put up one of the best Pacers performances in franchise history. A. Holiday looked good out there starting and Justin Holiday hit some big 3s. Even Myles - after Embiid made him look like a child in the first three quarters, he had a good stretch of minutes playing defense and eventually hitting that big corner 3. Dipo found his groove in the flow of the offense too eventually and I'm glad he started to defer to Warren and co.

The Brogdon injury is starting to confirm a pattern. He's had 8 different injuries this year, I believe?
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#13 » by Boneman2 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:12 am

boomershadow wrote:I got so distracted by Warren's 53 that I almost didn't realize that Aaron Holiday had a very respectable 15.

Aaron finished with a nice line (15/10ast/5rb) only turning the ball over once. I like the fact that he doesn't get knocked off his spot when he penetrates. It's that grittiness about him I adore. TJ McConnell had 10/8 as well.

Another impressive feat by Warren was his stifling defense on Ben Simmons. After Ben had demolished Justin in the first quarter TJ kept him from penetrating the lane at will. Basically slowing him down.

Hopefully Brogdon is ready to go tomorrow.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne

Return to Indiana Pacers