8-1 NBA Bubble GT (5 games)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Re: 8-1 NBA Bubble GT (5 games) 

Post#1041 » by Los Manos » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:59 am

Perk is licking his chops ready for First Take on Monday.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1042 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:00 am

iamworthy wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Raptors had a game plan like this was the playoffs. Lakers came out like it's the second meaningless bubble game. They doubled AD on the catch. That was their game plan and it worked.

You must really not know much about the Raptors if you truly think this. Not sure if you've heard of their coach Nick, this was a 1st meaningless game for him as well. The thing is, raptors are just a bad match up for the Lakers. It happens.

So he actively tries to take out one of the team's top players by doubling on the regular in meaningless game. Nick is intense, props to him.

That's the game plan for every Raps opponent's top player.

Ask Dame Lillard.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,962

Post#1043 » by Liam_Gallagher » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:00 am

How long do we have to wait until Caruso starts over KCP? He's clearly the better, smarter, player.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,266

Post#1044 » by canada_dry » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:01 am

Bank Shot wrote:LeBronto was just a DeRozan thing. Hate to see it.
DeRozan and casey. Probably moreso casey

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1045 » by iamworthy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:01 am

will wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
You must really not know much about the Raptors if you truly think this. Not sure if you've heard of their coach Nick, this was a 1st meaningless game for him as well. The thing is, raptors are just a bad match up for the Lakers. It happens.

So he actively tries to take out one of the team's top players by doubling on the regular in meaningless game. Nick is intense, props to him.

Ask Dame Lillard.

Wow...i didn't know.. :lol:
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1046 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:03 am

iamworthy wrote:
will wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Ask Dame Lillard.

Wow...i didn't know.. :lol:

Ahhhhh...come on, playboy. It's only one meaningless regular season game.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,716

Post#1047 » by VanWest82 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:03 am

iamworthy wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Raptors had a game plan like this was the playoffs. Lakers came out like it's the second meaningless bubble game. They doubled AD on the catch. That was their game plan and it worked.

Raptors have pretty aggressive defensive schemes but they didn't show any zones or presses, or really anything creative other than the occasional double and lots of helping the helper. This was just a run of the mill defensive effort from this team.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#1048 » by Parataxis » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:06 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Great game by the Raps. Props. Nurse is a well respected tactician. We now have more game tape and insight to tactics. That's how it works. The Clips/Raps etc games will not be played the same way next time around. Gonna be fun.
We now have to slam the door on the 1st seed, to try to make our run easier thru the rugged west. Its clear to me however, its gonna be a final 4 of Raps v Bucks. LA v LA. Any 1 of these teams can raise the banner.

This seems like a very realistic assessment. 'Course weird things could happen to any of them in round 2, but that seems the likely scenario at this point.

Any of those finals matchups will have great storylines too.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#1049 » by Parataxis » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:10 am

iamworthy wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:

Yes, gameplan to beat the team you're playing. That's how you win basketball games.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,126

Post#1050 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:15 am

kyle lowry ain't no spot up shooter he aint gotta run to the corner to shoot like hes some 3rd option bitch this aint jj redick this is a **** god human steph curry come again only this time hes not a **** pussy pull up from the **** logo and fight you at the same time
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#1051 » by everdiso » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:16 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:Raptors vs Celtics - Toss up with two pretty evenly matched teams

Why do you keep posting this?

Boston has done nothing to deserve that praise.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1052 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:16 am

Read on Twitter

Video quality sucks but fun to watch the defense all on the same page in all these possessions
will
RealGM

Post#1053 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:17 am

Chandan wrote:kyle lowry ain't no spot up shooter he aint gotta run to the corner to shoot like hes some 3rd option bitch this aint jj redick this is a **** god human steph curry come again only this time hes not a **** pussy pull up from the **** logo and fight you at the same time

I ran out of breath re-reading your sentence out loud.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#1054 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:20 am

everdiso wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:Raptors vs Celtics - Toss up with two pretty evenly matched teams

I said Boston and Toronto is an even matchup a whopping two times on this thread, with many raptors fans actually agreeing. Why haven’t the Celtics deserved it to be considered an even matchup?

Both have top 5 offenses and defenses. Their net rating are #4 and #5 in the league. How is that not an even matchup?

They blasted these same Lakers by 30 earlier this year lol. Get off your high horse and try to be objective.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,997

Post#1055 » by NinjaBro » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:20 am

Los Manos wrote:Perk is licking his chops ready for First Take on Monday.

It's Uncle Perk, put some respeck
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#1056 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:23 am

everdiso wrote:

You also said Jaylen Brown isn’t a legit starter after he signed his extension so it’s pretty clear you’re as biased as they come.

It’s ok to be objective about Raps and Celtics like I am doing. Both are top 5 teams in the league. Celtics are 2-1 vs Toronto this year. Both are really, really good teams.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#1057 » by everdiso » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:24 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
everdiso wrote:

I said Boston and Toronto is an even matchup a whopping two times on this thread, with many raptors fans actually agreeing. Why haven’t the Celtics deserved it to be considered an even matchup?

Both have top 5 offenses and defenses. Their net rating are #4 and #5 in the league. How is that not an even matchup?

They blasted these same Lakers by 30 earlier this year lol. Get off your high horse and try to be objective.

Raps are the defending champs, are closer to the lakers in the standings than the celtics, have been the most injured top team in the league this year, and don't have a glaring hole like the celts do at C.

Celts have to earn that comparison.
will
RealGM

Post#1058 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:25 am

Los Manos wrote:Perk is licking his chops ready for First Take on Monday.

Real talk, Perk probably crushed a few pork chops this evening.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#1059 » by everdiso » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:25 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
everdiso wrote:

You also said Jaylen Brown isn’t a legit starter after he signed his extension so it’s pretty clear you’re as biased as they come.

It’s ok to be objective about Raps and Celtics like I am doing. Both are top 5 teams in the league. Celtics are 2-1 vs Toronto this year. Both are really, really good teams.

I still don't think Brown should be starting, and his impact metrics are still barely positive.

The celts are best with kemba-smart-hayward-tatum-theis.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#1060 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:27 am

everdiso wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
everdiso wrote:

Raps are the defending champs, are closer to the lakers in the standings than the celtics, have been the most injured top team in the league this year, and don't have a glaring hole like the celts do at C.

Celts have to earn that comparison.

So I can’t say that the #4 and #5 teams by net rating, two teams with top 5 offense and defense, and a 2-1 record head to head are pretty evenly matched and would be a toss up in a playoff series?

“Glaring hole at center” but seem to be holding up pretty well when they allow 5th least PPG in the paint and have 7th best opposing FG% in the paint as well. But I know that wouldn’t fit your narrative lol.

Return to The General Board