ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jonathan Isaac answers media (unecessary) questions

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,921

Re: OT: Jonathan Isaac answers media (unecessary) questions 

Post#41 » by refshateRaps » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:37 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Roco14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Considering everything the president has done this year, that is one really stupid and naive tweet.

Its actually spot on. What the media did to Isaac is directly in line with one part of why the US Left has lost the middle voters. Bullying thought should never be acceptable.

For heavens sake their candidate really said ''you ain't black' if you vote for the President. That is a direct attempt at mental slavery and worse they have been soft on letting organized white anarchist destroy Cities mainly under the guise of BLM

Isaac is one of the few courageous enough to stand up for himself, but many are silent or following along for their own careers. Your full support of a politicized activist organization like BLM or a political party should never be grounds to question ones true support of black lives or be made uncomfortable to have free thought
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,375

Post#42 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:42 am

refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Roco14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Considering everything the president has done this year, that is one really stupid and naive tweet.

Its actually spot on. What the media did to Isaac is directly in line with one part of why the Left has lost the middle. Bullying thought should never be acceptable.

For heavens sake their candidate really said ''you ain't black' if the vote for the President and they have let organized white anarchist destroy Cities mainly under the guise of BLM.

Are you referring to what Joe Biden said? Because, you realize he is the epitome of the middle, not the left. No one from the actual left is claiming Joe Biden.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,343

Post#43 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:42 am

refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Roco14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its actually spot on. What the media did to Isaac is directly in line with one part of why the Left has lost the middle. Bullying thought should never be acceptable.

For heavens sake their candidate really said ''you ain't black' if the vote for the President and they have let organized white anarchist destroy Cities mainly under the guise of BLM.

Isaac is one of the few courage enough to stand up, but many are silent or following along for their own careers. Your full support of a politicized activist organization like BLM or a political party should never be grounds to questions ones support of black lives or be made uncomfortable to have free thought

Lol, his tweet has zero to do with Issac and has no business being in this thread would never be taken seriously by any sane or objective person in the middle, just those entrenched on the right that are dreaming. The left is the one "bullying"... lol, I've heard it all now.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#44 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:46 am

gp2015 wrote:
beanbag wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
To my knowledge, he never said he was against racial equality and he hasn't done anything to lead you to believe that he doesn't believe in BLM. Other than him not kneeling or wearing the shirt, what makes you believe that he should be questioned?

He hasn't done or said anything wrong yet so why do people need to question his personal beliefs?

Because I'm curious to know why he is against those gestures. As we've just discussed, I (and others) are allowed to be curious and to ask questions. What's the problem?

Well, the problem is that you made the assumption that just because he didn't kneel or wear the shirt that he doesn't believe "in systemic racism".

When an individual goes out of their way to shun even the most performative and milquetoast gestures that suggests racism is a problem, you might understand why large portions of the citizenry may draw some conclusions off that. His actions, especially if he doesn't explain them will lead to others asking questions.

All he has to do is explain.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by refshateRaps » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:47 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Isaac is one of the few courage enough to stand up, but many are silent or following along for their own careers. Your full support of a politicized activist organization like BLM or a political party should never be grounds to questions ones support of black lives or be made uncomfortable to have free thought

Lol, his tweet has zero to do with Issac and has no business being in this thread would never be taken seriously by any sane or objective person in the middle, just those entrenched on the right that are dreaming.

Disagree. The pushback on free thought or moving outside the controlled narrative is a major part of this topic and a major problem going on with US politics. No middle voter will ever tolerate this crap.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#46 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:49 am

rage2021 wrote:Last I checked it's a free country where you can practice whatever beliefs you may have.

This is such a non story. Good on Isaac anyways on doing what he believes and not being a sheep. I gauruntee you there's alot more like him who dont want to do it and are just "falling in line" not to look bad. This is what the media does (liberal specifically)

National Anthems have no place in club sports.

I am no more proud of Canada, even though we are not perfect, after I stand for O Canada, than I was before. If you need an anthem to remind you why you should be proud of your country, your country isn't all that great. Half the people are looking at their phones anyway.

When I go to see a movie, a play, or go to a concert, I don't have to waste my time standing for an anthem.

At a Raptor game, all I am thinking is:

Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#47 » by gp2015 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:56 am

beanbag wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
beanbag wrote:
Because I'm curious to know why he is against those gestures. As we've just discussed, I (and others) are allowed to be curious and to ask questions. What's the problem?

Well, the problem is that you made the assumption that just because he didn't kneel or wear the shirt that he doesn't believe "in systemic racism".

When an individual goes out of their way to shun even the most performative and milquetoast gestures that suggests racism is a problem, you might understand why large portions of the citizenry may draw some conclusions off that. His actions, especially if he doesn't explain them will lead to others asking questions.

Don't you think it would have been easy for him to throw on a shirt and kneel for the anthem like everyone else was doing? He could have done that and no one would be questioning him like they're doing now.

Why aren't you questioning some of the other players who are just doing what everyone else is doing but have never actually done or said anything to support racial equality?

Why not judge him based on his actual actions and not just meaningless gestures?
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#48 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:05 am

refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:

Lol, his tweet has zero to do with Issac and has no business being in this thread would never be taken seriously by any sane or objective person in the middle, just those entrenched on the right that are dreaming.

Disagree. The pushback on free thought or moving outside the controlled narrative is a major part of this topic and a major problem going on with US politics. No middle voter will ever tolerate this crap.

Lets keep score... systematic racism, federal agents in Portland, telling people they are stupid for not believing in number of issues from qanon, HCQ, mask use, portraying all protesters as rioters but never saying a word about bad cops, but you think the left is bullying peoples thought so they shift right from the middle? If you think expecting people to speak against racism, or speak coherently against racism is bullying, please, enlighten me to what you thoughts on racism are. On second thought, don't. I don't care to hear excuses and how the american right and middle is the victim of the left.

And the rest of folks can stop pretending their racism is patriotism any time now, even if that's not you I'm speaking about.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by refshateRaps » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:21 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Lets keep score... systematic racism, federal agents in Portland, telling people they are stupid for not believing in number of issues from qanon, HCQ, mask use, portraying all protesters as rioters but never saying a word about bad cops, but you think the left is bullying peoples thought so they shift right from the middle? If you think expecting people to speak against racism, or speak coherently against racism is bullying, please, enlighten me to what you thoughts on racism are. On second thought, don't. I don't care to hear excuses and how the american right and middle is the victim of the left.

Youre creating a false narrative framing me being against speaking out about racism, if anything its the exact opposite and exactly the same as Isaac was being portrayed. Lack of free thought or choice is slavery and systemically racist. I dont care Right, Left, Up or Down, no one should be bullied into supporting a political group and follow exactly how 'they' determine how issues should be framed and addressed.

We can all have our views but please dont insinuate false statements about people, they fact you say you dont care to listen is unfortunate. I may not agree but will always listen, rebut and wont frame you as 'X' to try to sound better.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#50 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:28 am

gp2015 wrote:
beanbag wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

Don't you think it would have been easy for him to throw on a shirt and kneel for the anthem like everyone else was doing? He could have done that and no one would be questioning him like they're doing now.

Why aren't you questioning some of the other players who are just doing what everyone else is doing but have never actually done or said anything to support racial equality?

Why not judge him based on his actual actions and not just meaningless gestures?

A lot of questions should be asked to a lot of people. At some point, all of these gestures are going to have to lead to change otherwise they will have been meaningless.

Players can't actually force the change, what they can do is spark the conversation that leads to change.

All of their voices, on both sides of the debate should be heard so for someone like Isaac who is behaving as an outlier, that is who I want to hear from the most.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#51 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:34 am

refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:

Youre creating a false narrative framing me being against speaking out about racism, if anything its the exact opposite and exactly the same as Isaac was being portrayed. Lack of free thought or choice is slavery and historically racist. I dont care Right, Left, Up or Down, no one should be bullied into supporting a political group and follow exactly how 'they' determine how issues should be framed and addressed.

We can all have our views but please dont insinuate false statements about people, they fact you say you dont care to listen is unfortunate. I may not disagree but will always listen, and wont frame you as 'X' to try to sound better.

You do care or you wouldn't have picked sides and blamed the left. That's your entire slant here. You use terms in your other posts like cancel culture etc. that are right wing talking points and you talk about how "they frame issues"? Puhlease.

Stop pretending to be enlightened and the only one listening, when in fact, you really aren't. The when the political group your taking about is the Black Lives Matter movement that you can't support, and that now you're going to frame as a political group, yeah I expect people to be better. That's a real reach of me I guess. To expect people to be better and to expect some progress on the issues for once in my damn lifetime.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by refshateRaps » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:07 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Youre creating a false narrative framing me being against speaking out about racism, if anything its the exact opposite and exactly the same as Isaac was being portrayed. Lack of free thought or choice is slavery and historically racist. I dont care Right, Left, Up or Down, no one should be bullied into supporting a political group and follow exactly how 'they' determine how issues should be framed and addressed.

We can all have our views but please dont insinuate false statements about people, they fact you say you dont care to listen is unfortunate. I may not disagree but will always listen, and wont frame you as 'X' to try to sound better.

You do care or you wouldn't have picked sides and blamed the left. That's your entire slant here. You use terms in your other posts like cancel culture etc. that are right wing talking points and you talk about how "they frame issues"? Puhlease.

Stop pretending to be enlightened and the only one listening, when in fact, you really aren't. The when the political group your taking about is the Black Lives Matter movement that you can't support, and that now you're going to frame as a political group, yeah I expect people to be better. That's a real reach of me I guess. To expect people to be better and to expect some progress on the issues for once in my damn lifetime.

First please stop making blanket accusations about what I support.

I simply agreed with the tweet for this reason of bullying free thought which is exactly what we see here with Isaac and with Biden. We all want to see progress,and we wont until all black lives and minds are respected and free to move across all spectrum of politics and the broader issues.

When the greater black lives movement gets there, and it will, we'll finally see progress
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,174

Post#53 » by LLJ » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:12 am

Right wingers complaining about left "bullying" is LOL
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#54 » by Roco14 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:16 am

refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:

Again please stop making up things bout what I support.

And I simply agreed with the tweet for this reason of bullying free thought which is exactly what we see here with Isaac and with Biden. We all want to see progress, and we wont until all black lives and minds are free and respected.

This small exchange is ironically exactly what Elon was talking about and why that Tweet received 500K likes. Lots of people resonated with it. If you don't conform to MY ideologies, then you don't believe in progression/change. If you don't support BLM, you're a racist. Nobody likes to be under mental slavery which is why the left is indeed losing the middle.

Both parties are wrong about a lot of thing in my opinion but without freedom of thought/expression, you have nothing... And believe me there are likely WAY more celebrities who feel the same way as Isaac, just that most of them don't want to risk losing their careers to voice their opinions, which is understandable.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 20,996

Post#55 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:28 am

anyone made the connection that he once invited all his teammates to church and no one showed up? I am sure he MEANT well.

If you dont owe him an explanation on why you dont believe in his god (which presents all the goodness in the world), then he doesn't owe you an explanation on why he doesn't want to kneel or put on a Tshirt. He just has a different set of believe system that's all.

It does not mean he's anti-BLM.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#56 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:56 am

Chandan wrote:anyone made the connection that he once invited all his teammates to church and no one showed up? I am sure he MEANT well.

If you dont owe him an explanation on why you dont believe in his god (which presents all the goodness in the world), then he doesn't owe you an explanation on why he doesn't want to kneel or put on a Tshirt. He just has a different set of believe system that's all.

Ah yes, Christianity. That thing that has presented all the goodness in the world.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#57 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:12 am

Roco14 wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Again please stop making up things bout what I support.

And I simply agreed with the tweet for this reason of bullying free thought which is exactly what we see here with Isaac and with Biden. We all want to see progress, and we wont until all black lives and minds are free and respected.

This small exchange is ironically exactly what Elon was talking about and why that Tweet received 500K likes. Lots of people resonated with it. If you don't conform to MY ideologies, then you don't believe in progression/change. If you don't support BLM, you're a racist. Nobody likes to be under mental slavery which is why the left is indeed losing the middle.

Both parties are wrong about a lot of thing in my opinion but without freedom of thought/expression, you have nothing... And believe me there are likely WAY more celebrities who feel the same way as Isaac, just that most of them don't want to risk losing their careers to voice their opinions, which is understandable.

And if you don’t understand that the entire concept if this is to keep speaking and calling out racism where it exists, you don’t understand the first thing about it. But if you want to put a slant on that and demean the BLM movement, I’m not going to be silent while you do. And the term mental slavery for speaking out, is damn demeaning to the entire movement and that is why you both use it. Meanwhile, the hypocrisy continues as the right seems to have no issues with the fascism that daily is stripping away individual rights... but then claims to be the victim as they have no other defense for being complacent about racism, or worse.

Neither of you are in the middle and you’re so far from it. Until this year I would have been dead middle. I picked a side. You started on the right and pretend to be people that just now flock to an ideology they already had In the first place...and yeah, I CAN tell exactly what you both support. It’s easy to see the words you use.
Chandan
RealGM

Post#58 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:12 am

beanbag wrote:
Chandan wrote:anyone made the connection that he once invited all his teammates to church and no one showed up? I am sure he MEANT well.

Ah yes, Christianity. That thing that has presented all the goodness in the world.

swing and a miss. I didnt even know he was a Christian. could have be catholic or whatever. Howoever I am not surprise yet again some people would have this basic notion mixed up. GOD =/= people that worships god

i am not even religious and even i understand that
beanbag
Analyst

Post#59 » by beanbag » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:20 am

Chandan wrote:
beanbag wrote:

swing and a miss. I didnt even know he was a Christian. could have be catholic or whatever. Howoever I am not surprise yet again some people would have this basic notion mixed up. GOD =/= people that worships god

Counterpoint, God doesn't exist and all of that worship is stupid.
Chandan
RealGM

Post#60 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:07 am

beanbag wrote:
Chandan wrote:
beanbag wrote:

Counterpoint, God doesn't exist and all of that worship is stupid.

And they would have burned you on a stake for that 200 years ago unless you say otherwise. Is that okay to you?

Return to Toronto Raptors