ImageImageImageImageImage

Bowman, Mulder or Toscanini-Anderson

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Re: Bowman, Mulder or Toscanini-Anderson 

Post#21 » by B-King » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:34 am

TB wrote:I enjoyed watching Bowman's rookie year, and want to see him have a chance to develop into a Pat Bev type.

Watching his defense intensity is definitely a huge plus. It is just extremely hard to gauge how these guys would do in meaningful games and minutes.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:07 am

B-King wrote:
TB wrote:I enjoyed watching Bowman's rookie year, and want to see him have a chance to develop into a Pat Bev type.

Watching his defense intensity is definitely a huge plus. It is just extremely hard to gauge how these guys would do in meaningful games and minutes.

There were a couple of games and instances where Bowman was bringing it on somebody like Beverly. I think it was Beverly actually. And Bowman caught their attention with his intensity. I have no doubt he will bring it defensively.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#23 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:14 pm

Mulder needs a good camp to knock another player off of the Warriors. I am not completely sure I believe In Mulder yet.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/m/muldemy01d.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/muldemy01.html

I will add Lee, Poole, Paschall, and Chriss and Looney to the list of guys vulenerable to Mulder.

I think Lee is an NBA player. A bad team having good team chemistry like last year's Warriors is unusual. Lee might be part of that.
Paschall better not show up fat and out of shape thinking he has already earned an NBA career. Looney can't be injured every year. There is a reason teams gave up on Chriss. What has Poole proven.

I think Bowman has proven to me that he is at mininmum 3rd string point guard 12th man quality but not every team decides to use their 12 man spot on a 3rd string point guard. Actuallly I am ready to hand Bowman 10 minutes a game in playing time but Bowman has not proven he deserves that.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#24 » by cdubbz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:25 am

B-King wrote:Barring injury one or two of these guys are cut next year. They all had some moments on a terrible team. I think Mulder is the first to go with Bowman the second most likely. The backcourt is crowded with Klay coming back.

I like Bowman as a 3rd point guard for his defense and is a good ball handler and can run the offense. Mulder is a terrific shooter but I feel is replaceable and JTA is a nice story with versatility but I’d cut him for someone better.

I do like D Lee for continuity purposes and he’s older and knows his role.

If I had to pick one....Bowman. 3rd string point guard is important esp in games we rest Curry or Curry is injured. Bowman is competent in our offense.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#25 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:43 pm

Bowman has had runs of good shooting at BC, I could see him taking a significant step in his 2nd year and he certainly has more potential than Mulder. Mulder is a more natural shooter but less than Bowman at everything else.

I hope the NBA rolls with expanded rosters for next year so the Warriors can keep developing these guys.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#26 » by cladden » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:13 am

Mylie10 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
B-King wrote:Does anyone think that Lee might be on the bubble too?

His contract is only partially guaranteed ($600k) so it's possible. But with only 8 guaranteed contracts there are a lot of slots to fill. Pretty sure he'll be kept above the 3 guys mentioned.

If it’s between him and Mulder I’m going X Files

I gotta assume that the Curry-family connection will count in his favor though.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#27 » by freypies » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Definitely Mulder of the three. As much as I like JTA, he is not needed. Bowman can go.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#28 » by freypies » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:07 pm

TB wrote:wow I must not have been paying attention during the last handful of garbage games... surprised with all the Mulder love. He's the first to go for me. Sure he showed he can shoot in the g league, but its not like he was making them in the small sample size of NBA games. Doesn't create for others, not really a defender, less athletic, quite a bit older.

He was making them though. He had two poor games - his first and his last, in which he was a combined 0-12. He was a good 40% on 8 attempts per game in the other 5 games. In just 7 games, the game to game variation can lead to immense differences - after all, our very own Steph shot sub-25% in 5 games this season. I personally saw enough high-level shotmaking from him to be convinced that he is a good enough shooter.

As a low-level bench player, we don't need him to be on all the time. If he can just knock down a decent clip in the majority of his games (which he did for 5/7), I think he is a valuable addition to the team, especially in comparison to guys like Bowman. Our team started doing significantly better with a proper floor-spacer out there.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#29 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 pm

freypies wrote:
TB wrote:wow I must not have been paying attention during the last handful of garbage games... surprised with all the Mulder love. He's the first to go for me. Sure he showed he can shoot in the g league, but its not like he was making them in the small sample size of NBA games. Doesn't create for others, not really a defender, less athletic, quite a bit older.

He was making them though. He had two poor games - his first and his last, in which he was a combined 0-12. He was a good 40% on 8 attempts per game in the other 5 games. In just 7 games, the game to game variation can lead to immense differences - after all, our very own Steph shot sub-25% in 5 games this season. I personally saw enough high-level shotmaking from him to be convinced that he is a good enough shooter.

As a low-level bench player, we don't need him to be on all the time. If he can just knock down a decent clip in the majority of his games (which he did for 5/7), I think he is a valuable addition to the team, especially in comparison to guys like Bowman. Our team started doing significantly better with a proper floor-spacer out there.

To add to this, Mulder was a high volume three point shooter in the G-League and shot threes at a good percentage. That's incredibly this team desperately needs another high volume three point shooter. Quinn Cook and Nick Young were the closest things we've had to that and Cook was tiny, couldn't defend, and shrunk in the finals. Young couldn't do anything other than shoot open threes. Mulder defended capably in his short time here and showed he can put the ball on the floor when defenders close out on him. In a tiny sample size, RPM had him in the top 10 in the NBA. That's obviously a tiny sample size and I doubt Mulder is one of the most imapctful role players in the league already, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the team. You can play Mulder as the nominal point guard while Draymond or Wiggins initiate offense and have a lot of length in the backcourt next to Lee or Klay. Imagine a bench unit with Mulder/Lee/Klay/Wiggins/Chriss. It's a small lineup, but I really doubt it'll give up that much size compared to the benches of other teams. Lots of shooting in that lineup.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,691

Post#30 » by WarriorGM » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:26 am

I was looking through 538's Raptor stat and Lee surprisingly looks like an average NBA player by that stat. Paschall on the other hand looked much worse than the conventional wisdom seems to be indicating.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-ratings/
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#31 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:52 pm

WarriorGM wrote:I was looking through 538's Raptor stat and Lee surprisingly looks like an average NBA player by that stat. Paschall on the other hand looked much worse than the conventional wisdom seems to be indicating.

Paschall was very inconsistent, I think most of the talk about him and his game is based on projection.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#32 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:48 pm

WarriorGM wrote:I was looking through 538's Raptor stat and Lee surprisingly looks like an average NBA player by that stat. Paschall on the other hand looked much worse than the conventional wisdom seems to be indicating.

Paschall was pretty bad on defense this year. He has the body and athleticism to be a solid defender at the 4, but he fouled a whole lot and on top of that he averaged less than 1 stock (steal + block) per game and was a dismal rebounder at his position. Defensive stats are rarely kind to defenders with low stock and rebounding rates. Klay is a prime example of that. No matter how good he is at hounding point guards, shaving time off of the shot clock, and slowing down offenses at the point of attack, defensive impact stats generally rate him out as a neutral defender at best. This isn't to say Paschall can't be a good defender without racking up counting stats, but the rebounding absolutely needs to improve and it would be great if he got a little more respect from refs and didn't get dinged for ticky tack touch fouls.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#33 » by delsol650 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Barring what the dubs do during the draft and offseason... I personally don't think any of these 3 are back. Just sayin.

I'm not in the know, just call it a hunch. :roll:
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#34 » by B-King » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Well Bowman got the axe today. Best of luck to you!
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#35 » by Chupchup » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:47 pm

Yeah I don't think any of the 3 will stay. I think we'll be going vets for the bench this year.

Return to Golden State Warriors