ImageImageImage

Celtics (43-22) vs Trail Blazers (30-37) – 3:30PM, Sun., Aug 2, 2020

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,154

Re: Celtics (43-22) vs Trail Blazers (30-37) – 3:30PM, Sun., Aug 2, 2020 

Post#21 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:59 am

captain green wrote:This game I'm torn on I mean I want Portland to nab the grizzlies spot. But after watch last night's game against the refs and bucks I want a win badly. Glad to have my nerves get there basketball Jones back. I got Celtics by 6

We need to win. 1-4 in the bubble so far..preseason games I know, but still..got to be better. Tatum needs a big game too. After this we got Toronto and Miami. Could easily go 0 for 4 to start this thing off if we lose tomorrow.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,692

Post#22 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:48 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Think we lose this one. Given our stake in the Mem pick and the likelihood of facing Philly round 1, wouldnt be the worst thing IMO.

Philly looks so bad away from home that I'm honestly not that scared of them anymore

I don't care how bad Philly's doing they're a terrible matchup for the Celtics.

As for this game, Celtics may have a shot at winning if Tatum decides to show up.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#23 » by Triple7 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:01 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Think we lose this one. Given our stake in the Mem pick and the likelihood of facing Philly round 1, wouldnt be the worst thing IMO.

Philly looks so bad away from home that I'm honestly not that scared of them anymore

As for this game, Celtics may have a shot at winning if Tatum decides to show up.

Exactly! All this games matter until we lock up that 3rd seed. We all know the blazers will bring it. If JT doesn’t show up, with Kemba being limited, this game could get ugly fast.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#24 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:22 am

captain green wrote:This game I'm torn on I mean I want Portland to nab the grizzlies spot. But after watch last night's game against the refs and bucks I want a win badly. Glad to have my nerves get there basketball Jones back. I got Celtics by 6

Your a Celtics fan....what’s to be torn about. We root for a win always
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#25 » by djFan71 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:20 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nothing for Brown?

Brown said NBA please don't fine me. Apparently it's that easy. :)
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,397

Post#26 » by JRoy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:30 am

Portland fan here.

Hoping for a good game, think POR has a lot more on the line than BOS so that might be a factor. POR guards are better by a bit, bigs better by a bit but BOS wings are light years better than POR and I think BOS can minimize the POR advantages and exploit BOS advantage better as well. Plus BOS bench much better than POR.

Hoping we don’t see another ugly foul fest, but that might be unavoidable with BOS quality wings beating POR scrub wings and drawing fouls on the big guys.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#27 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:24 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:

Yah, Embiid just dropped 40-20 on Myles Turner, one of the better defensive C’s in the league. We may win, but he’ll be dropping similar stat lines each night on Theis/Kanter and I’d much prefer to play Miami or Indy in round 1. If that means Bucks in round 2, oh well— have to beat them at some point.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#28 » by Triple7 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:15 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Philly looks so bad away from home that I'm honestly not that scared of them anymore

Yah, Embiid just dropped 40-20 on Myles Turner, one of the better defensive C’s in the league. We may win, but he’ll be dropping similar stat lines each night on Theis/Kanter and I’d much prefer to play Miami or Indy in round 1. If that means Bucks in round 2, oh well— have to beat them at some point.

There is probably no chance for us to play the heat in the 1st. It’s either Indy or the Sixers. I agree, i would rather have the pacers first, but i would rather get the bucks at the conf finals than the 2nd rd. Who knows, they might get pressured to win and crumble. or they might get beat up by the Heat in the 2nd rd. Maybe a nagging injury to one of their key players by then, just like with Kemba. Though the Raps in the 2nd could be as tough as the bucks. Let’s just hope we play focused and confident basketball by the time the playoffs start.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:23 pm

Triple7 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

There is probably no chance for us to play the heat in the 1st. It’s either Indy or the Sixers. I agree, i would rather have the pacers first, but i would rather get the bucks at the conf finals than the 2nd rd. Who knows, they might get pressured to win and crumble. or they might get beat up by the Heat in the 2nd rd. Maybe a nagging injury to one of their key players by then, just like with Kemba. Though the Raps in the 2nd could be as tough as the bucks. Let’s just hope we play focused and confident basketball by the time the playoffs start.

Meh, were going to have to go through Milwaukee eventually, R2 or R3 makes no difference to me. Losing in the first round though? Yah, thats bad IMO.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#30 » by Triple7 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:48 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Meh, were going to have to go through Milwaukee eventually, R2 or R3 makes no difference to me. Losing in the first round though? Yah, thats bad IMO.

Yeah i agree losing in the first would be the worst. I don’t know if we could recover from that. It’s not like the bucks are beating us badly, and the Raps could also be a bad match up for us as well.
Domenico
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#31 » by Domenico » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:36 pm

JRoy wrote:Portland fan here.

Hoping for a good game, think POR has a lot more on the line than BOS so that might be a factor. POR guards are better by a bit, bigs better by a bit but BOS wings are light years better than POR and I think BOS can minimize the POR advantages and exploit BOS advantage better as well. Plus BOS bench much better than POR.

Hoping we don’t see another ugly foul fest, but that might be unavoidable with BOS quality wings beating POR scrub wings and drawing fouls on the big guys.

Wish you guys end up in the play-offs, but if your bench is not as good as the one from the C's: good luck.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#32 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Tatum featured in the promo. I won't add to the jinx by saying he'll bounce back and score 40+ today.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#33 » by Homerclease » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:13 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

My thinking on this is, if we are concerned about losing to our first round opponent no matter who it is then this is all just semantics. Toronto or Milwaukee will clean our clocks. If we think we can hang, or beat either of those teams in a 7 game series then our first round opponent is irrelevant no matter who it is. Neutral court for the post season changes absolutely everything for me. I just want us healthy for when the real games start in the playoffs
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#34 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:51 pm

i just dropped a bag on Tatum's new jordan shoe. he better turn it on later :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,069

Post#35 » by Ben-N1ce » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:02 pm

I have a good feeling Tatum will shoot better than 10%.. They need to ramp Kembas minutes
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#36 » by 24istheLAW » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:04 pm

Hope to see the Jays shoot the ball better. How far the team can go depends on it.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:43 pm

Homerclease wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Triple7 wrote:There is probably no chance for us to play the heat in the 1st. It’s either Indy or the Sixers. I agree, i would rather have the pacers first, but i would rather get the bucks at the conf finals than the 2nd rd. Who knows, they might get pressured to win and crumble. or they might get beat up by the Heat in the 2nd rd. Maybe a nagging injury to one of their key players by then, just like with Kemba. Though the Raps in the 2nd could be as tough as the bucks. Let’s just hope we play focused and confident basketball by the time the playoffs start.

My thinking on this is, if we are concerned about losing to our first round opponent no matter who it is then this is all just semantics. Toronto or Milwaukee will clean our clocks. If we think we can hang, or beat either of those teams in a 7 game series then our first round opponent is irrelevant no matter who it is. Neutral court for the post season changes absolutely everything for me. I just want us healthy for when the real games start in the playoffs

Eh, its okay to admit Philly is a bad matchup for us. Were prone against big Centers [its why Giannis beasts us, too], and Embiid is just a massive mismatch against us. I’d like to avoid him if at all possible.

Also, getting Milwaukee round 2 has advantages— theyre going to sweep the first round easily and its possible they get rusty early on.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#38 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Celtics's injury report is of course clean for a second straight day. Let's keep it that way.
Read on Twitter

They're without Kanter, Brad. We have Enes Kanter.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#39 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter

3 more minutes!
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#40 » by Homerclease » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:03 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Eh, its okay to admit Philly is a bad matchup for us. Were prone against big Centers [its why Giannis beasts us, too], and Embiid is just a massive mismatch against us. I’d like to avoid him if at all possible.

Also, getting Milwaukee round 2 has advantages— theyre going to sweep the first round easily and its possible they get rusty early on.

Sure, they aren’t the best matchup but if we view ourselves as real contenders that are capable of beating Milwaukee in a 7 game series, then we shouldn’t be worried about a team like Philly at all IMO.

Return to Boston Celtics