RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: 8/1 7PM - Sixers vs. Pacers 

Post#381 » by dlts20 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:43 am

Dnt hate wrote:
dlts20 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Shake / JRich / Tobi / Ben / Jo

Thought so. Thanks. The Simmons switch is making me lay some money down on the game tonight and you guys winning the East

Yup I already have bets alot of bets, cant wait to bet on philly throughout the playoffs series, but I'm avoiding betting on these games

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#382 » by kuclas » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:59 am

It’s pretty simple. We lost this game the min embiid stepped off the floor in the 4th quarter. We were up 10 points and the lead quickly went down the minute he left the floor.

We just have to pray embiid can play almost entire 4th quarter in playoffs. Sixers are what they are. Nothing has changed after the restart. Especially with no home court. Hurts the sixers role players even more being even on neutral court.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#383 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:01 pm

If I'm a member of the sixers I'm too embarrassed to leave my room and roam around the bubble today.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#384 » by Black Mage » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:18 pm

phifans wrote:I recommended you guys to find out how Pacers got TJ Warren last summer and then how we got Harris and you will get the final answer for everything. :lol:

How many new player have to say they don't know what their role is or aren't comfortable in the system before you accept there's a problem at the coaching position. The Pelicans threw an entire team together, lost their star for half the season and STILL created a workable scheme and roster and NOT ONE player said they didn't know or understand their role.

We're one of the ONLY team that this happens to with almost every player. Tobias, Jimmy, Horford, Josh, Glenn Robinson, etc.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,681

Post#385 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:35 pm

The sixers obviously not only lack identity and are poorly constructed but they also lack toughness, gritt and discipline.

Besides the pacers being undersized and shorthanded, they have what the sixers dont, identity , toughness and discipline.

They have wasted embiids time not getting him a quality Peremiter player. All his career they have paired him up with other big men, players that cant create or PGs who cant shoot. Im really lost as to what this organization is trying to do at this point.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#386 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:41 pm

phillynative wrote:The sixers obviously not only lack identity and are poorly constructed but they also lack toughness, gritt and discipline.

Besides the pacers being undersized and shorthanded, they have what the sixers dont, identity , toughness and discipline.

They have wasted embiids time not getting him a quality Peremiter player. All his career they have paired him up with other big men, players that cant create or PGs who cant shoot. Im really lost as to what this organization is trying to do at this point.
We traded away all of our guys with toughness, grit, and discipline.

We had the formula last year and EB chirped on record several times saying he had clearance to re-sign Jimmy, JJ, and Tobias and run it back. Unfortunately, we're a **** organization and we got in our own way. We had it and we dropped it.

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,681

Post#387 » by phillynative » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:54 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:If I'm a member of the sixers I'm too embarrassed to leave my room and roam around the bubble today.

Lol I wish . This team hasnt shown to be prideful enough to be embarrassed. :noway:
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#388 » by 76thBearCub » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:21 pm

Pitiful.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#389 » by kriss73 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:11 pm

I re-watched the 2 minutes or so in the fourth quarter when Joel sit and the Pacers gave us a 19-7 gap.

Offense was pitful as usual, but I focused more on defense.
To sum up:

- Turner beat Al for a long 2.
- Warren beat Simmons for 7 points (two layups and a three).
- A. Holday abused Neto attacking the basket for 5 points
- Defensive misundertooding between Matisse and Burkes leading to a J. Holiday's triple.

The definition of collective effort with Ben icing the cake
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
NYSixersFan
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#390 » by NYSixersFan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:42 pm

When you have the defensive talent this team has, it's criminal to be as bad as often as they are defensively....I sometimes wonder if Mike D'Antoni influenced Brett more than Popovich.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#391 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:50 pm

Ahhh.. life was so much simpler before the bubble.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#392 » by Mik317 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:21 pm

Bored. Bout to overreact to one game...but not really because as stated this game was the entire season in a nutshell. I am at a point in which I am so mad that I am calm...like I reached a level of zen and **** lol. This team is the most fascinating team in a while because I **** hate it but not the same hate as the pre process years but it is just mind boggling how in the year of 2020 that we continue to not be able to do basic as ****. Like we have been an ass 3pt shooting team my whole life lol. Iverson was the only shot creator we have had in that span and the same **** went on in not being able to find him a good running mate. This whole franchise is the definition of insanity yo. Lets **** go down the list I guess.

Joel: Was a beast. The points are great but the rebounds was my favorite point. stats probably don't back it up but those ORB is the best way to get easy buckets and I have been calling for that forever. Especially with these brick layers. Still regardless of its the scheme or not, him giving up easy looks is bad. Elephant in the room, even if you are right, you cannot be the best player and call people out for lapses of judgement...when you yourself is prone to that. You also cannot be saying you are going to slap the **** out of people. Not a good look and gives morons an out to call you out. Its time to grow up big fella.

Ben: Man got lit the **** up. Sometimes it be like that but also he was lazy a lot. But **** that. We all know the real issue. You gotta let that thang fly my guy. He had a chance and passed up on it. This cannot happen... I get it your teammates are often black holes but naw son, you gotta nut up and call for that ****. He didn't get in the way in the dunkers spot tho...so I will give him credit there but you can't be all world defense man and get lit up by TJ **** Warren.

Tobias: Man had the Iggy Tripple Double version of a 30 pt game. So empty lol. Still I will give credit to where its due...he was agressive. People rag on him for not passing but thats not really his role atm...still gotta look for more 3s.

Malik : You can't have a hissy fit when you are playing like hot ass. You also can't take one shot. Its not his fault total that he has to be a major part of the team but hey its put up or shut up time.

Al: Despite everything, don't think he played that poorly. He is hurt by the **** ass scheme more than anyone. He doesn't have the presence to intimidate on drives and pull up. He played better defense when Brett dropped that ****. still we paying him so much money to be the Embiid replacment and we still getting Greg Monroe. Think he hit his first corner 3 of the year tho lol.

Furk: If the shot isn't falling, he is useless. I still say the release is borked.

Mattise: Barely played. Got to hit that corner 3 consistantly.

Burkes: Must have brought up the dreaded PNR and is now paying the price.

Neto: Owner of the Brett worshipping Satan photo. I get putting him in tho. Shake was ass and Burks doesn't have a pass button. Team needed some stability. BUT after he got lit the **** up, he needed to sit.

Bretton B. Brown: Its time fellas. I love Brett. Don't think many coaches (even good ones) would be able to get the team to this point but the first domino to fall is the coach and he is the common denominator at this point. His rotations have been ass for 7 years. He lust for a specific type of PG has been killer. He wants his PG to simply get the team into the offense. Not score and not shoot. That simply does not work in the modern NBA. We talk about how post up bigs don't work...and they may not but that is not the issue right now. We have not had a PG who could consistently get their own looks forever. ISh **** Smith still remains the best PG we have had in that regard. And considering Brett's influence and how he constantly benches any guard with the even inclination to do so, shows it fall all on him. That alone IMO is Brett's biggest issue. Man comes from the Spurs tree and not realize that Tony Parker despite his ass shooting, looked for him. Manu looked for his. Like we have the hardest to find piece to be a modern day Spurs and yet refuse to even look towards the other pieces. It drives me nuts. Again I love Brett and love all he has done but it is **** past time to get a new voice in...however.

The Pile of Coat Front Office: Oh brother these guys stink. This fools invalidate all I say above. This offseason was a collasal disaster in which the only "good" moves was the drafting of Mattise and bring back Furkan...and even those came with stupid ass ****. I don't understand the thought process that the answer to all our problems was to make the spacing even worse, the defense even less switchable , the shot creation even more nonexistant....and also not even fixing the bench issues. I actually don't know why I am so **** mad because everything that has transpired makes total sense...but goddam. The sad part is that even if we flame out spectacularly , I have no faith in the ownership **** fixing a damn thing. Josh Harris is an ass clown. The other owners only want to hang out with famous people because they probably got stuffed in lockers (as an aside...the lockers in my HS were super tiny...how does one get stuffed in lockers...)in school. Its really bad. All of this validates the process so much tho. We have issues that should leave us as Knicks Tier but because we have Embiid and to a slightly lesser extent Ben...we will probably coast to second round losses for a while...which is probably good enough for the buttwipes atop. Like over the entire process we have made so many terrible moves and yet still have the smell of a could be contender...its really nuts. I imagine that stops soon tho as we are totally going to trade Embiid soon and surround Ben with more non shooters and wonder why things are bad. Or vice versa. And that is probably the biggest point of anger for me. In the past I could wish for losses because change would happen...I have no faith in this ownership group making the right choice.

Sixers Basketball is bak yo.

see yall tommorow when we probably destroy the Spurs and I get my stupid ass hopes up again. Or not and I still be super mad despite knowing how this goes.

What a time.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM

Post#393 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter

I think Biid was angry that Milton didn’t fight thru the screen
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#394 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:03 pm

Well, so much for dat Simmons DPOY contention lmao
Horrible takes since 2016
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#395 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:07 pm

Mik317 wrote:
Bretton B. Brown: Its time fellas. I love Brett. Don't think many coaches (even bad ones) would be able to get the team to this point

Agree, you need to be a really bad coach to be as bad of a team as we were in the tanking years, without him those amazing lottery picks wouldn't have happened, gotta give credit where credit is due.
Horrible takes since 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#396 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:17 pm

Mik317 wrote:Bored. Bout to overreact to one game...but not really because as stated this game was the entire season in a nutshell. I am at a point in which I am so mad that I am calm...like I reached a level of zen and **** lol. This team is the most fascinating team in a while because I **** hate it but not the same hate as the pre process years but it is just mind boggling how in the year of 2020 that we continue to not be able to do basic as ****. Like we have been an ass 3pt shooting team my whole life lol. Iverson was the only shot creator we have had in that span and the same **** went on in not being able to find him a good running mate. This whole franchise is the definition of insanity yo. Lets **** go down the list I guess.

Joel: Was a beast. The points are great but the rebounds was my favorite point. stats probably don't back it up but those ORB is the best way to get easy buckets and I have been calling for that forever. Especially with these brick layers. Still regardless of its the scheme or not, him giving up easy looks is bad. Elephant in the room, even if you are right, you cannot be the best player and call people out for lapses of judgement...when you yourself is prone to that. You also cannot be saying you are going to slap the **** out of people. Not a good look and gives morons an out to call you out. Its time to grow up big fella.

Ben: Man got lit the **** up. Sometimes it be like that but also he was lazy a lot. But **** that. We all know the real issue. You gotta let that thang fly my guy. He had a chance and passed up on it. This cannot happen... I get it your teammates are often black holes but naw son, you gotta nut up and call for that ****. He didn't get in the way in the dunkers spot tho...so I will give him credit there but you can't be all world defense man and get lit up by TJ **** Warren.

Tobias: Man had the Iggy Tripple Double version of a 30 pt game. So empty lol. Still I will give credit to where its due...he was agressive. People rag on him for not passing but thats not really his role atm...still gotta look for more 3s.

Malik : You can't have a hissy fit when you are playing like hot ass. You also can't take one shot. Its not his fault total that he has to be a major part of the team but hey its put up or shut up time.

Al: Despite everything, don't think he played that poorly. He is hurt by the **** ass scheme more than anyone. He doesn't have the presence to intimidate on drives and pull up. He played better defense when Brett dropped that ****. still we paying him so much money to be the Embiid replacment and we still getting Greg Monroe. Think he hit his first corner 3 of the year tho lol.

Furk: If the shot isn't falling, he is useless. I still say the release is borked.

Neto: Owner of the Brett worshipping Satan photo. I get putting him in tho. Shake was ass and Burks doesn't have a pass button. Team needed some stability. BUT after he got lit the **** up, he needed to sit.

Bretton B. Brown: Its time fellas. I love Brett. Don't think many coaches (even good ones) would be able to get the team to this point but the first domino to fall is the coach and he is the common denominator at this point. His rotations have been ass for 7 years. He lust for a specific type of PG has been killer. He wants his PG to simply get the team into the offense. Not score and not shoot. That simply does not work in the modern NBA. We talk about how post up bigs don't work...and they may not but that is not the issue right now. We have not had a PG who could consistently get their own looks forever. ISh **** Smith still remains the best PG we have had in that regard. And considering Brett's influence and how he constantly benches any guard with the even inclination to do so, shows it fall all on him. That alone IMO is Brett's biggest issue. Man comes from the Spurs tree and not realize that Tony Parker despite his ass shooting, looked for him. Manu looked for his. Like we have the hardest to find piece to be a modern day Spurs and yet refuse to even look towards the other pieces. It drives me nuts. Again I love Brett and love all he has done but it is **** past time to get a new voice in...however.

The Pile of Coat Front Office: Oh brother these guys stink. This fools invalidate all I say above. This offseason was a collasal disaster in which the only "good" moves was the drafting of Mattise and bring back Furkan...and even those came with stupid ass ****. I don't understand the thought process that the answer to all our problems was to make the spacing even worse, the defense even less switchable , the shot creation even more nonexistant....and also not even fixing the bench issues. I actually don't know why I am so **** mad because everything that has transpired makes total sense...but goddam. The sad part is that even if we flame out spectacularly , I have no faith in the ownership **** fixing a damn thing. Josh Harris is an ass clown. The other owners only want to hang out with famous people because they probably got stuffed in lockers (as an aside...the lockers in my HS were super tiny...how does one get stuffed in lockers...)in school. Its really bad. All of this validates the process so much tho. We have issues that should leave us as Knicks Tier but because we have Embiid and to a slightly lesser extent Ben...we will probably coast to second round losses for a while...which is probably good enough for the buttwipes atop. Like over the entire process we have made so many terrible moves and yet still have the smell of a could be contender...its really nuts. I imagine that stops soon tho as we are totally going to trade Embiid soon and surround Ben with more non shooters and wonder why things are bad. Or vice versa. And that is probably the biggest point of anger for me. In the past I could wish for losses because change would happen...I have no faith in this ownership group making the right choice.

see yall tommorow when we probably destroy the Spurs and I get my stupid ass hopes up again. Or not and I still be super mad despite knowing how this goes.

What a time.

That review you have for Neto made me give you the and 1 here. :lol:
76ciology
RealGM

Post#397 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:21 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Well, so much for dat Simmons DPOY contention lmao

I hate him when he plays like he doesn’t have focus on the game. I notice it’s often whenever he doesn’t get the calls he wants.

Sorry to all Ben fans, and I’m rooting hard for him. But I think Ben has that LBJ mentality that checks out on games when things arent going his way.

The refs were making really weird calls BTW
76ciology
RealGM

Post#398 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:22 pm

Guys, am I the only one who find the calls very thin? Like the refs would call fouls on almost every play.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#399 » by VDT » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:40 pm

Mik317 wrote:Bored. Bout to overreact to one game...but not really because as stated this game was the entire season in a nutshell. I am at a point in which I am so mad that I am calm...like I reached a level of zen and **** lol. This team is the most fascinating team in a while because I **** hate it but not the same hate as the pre process years but it is just mind boggling how in the year of 2020 that we continue to not be able to do basic as ****. Like we have been an ass 3pt shooting team my whole life lol. Iverson was the only shot creator we have had in that span and the same **** went on in not being able to find him a good running mate. This whole franchise is the definition of insanity yo. Lets **** go down the list I guess.

What a time.

The purging needs to start from the front office and Brand. Anything else would be pointless. The problem is that no decent Gm (or coach really) would ever agree to come here without the green light for significant roster changes, including the "stars" of the team. The team is build to underperform and any Gm or coach with a future wouldnt want to bet it on this team. The assumption that we are full of talent and that only basic moves would immediately make us contenders creates a toxic environment for any GM/coach that may want to come here. And it will result in us getting a have been that cant find a job in the league (Colangelo) or a completely inept (Brand) GM/coach, i.e. the guys that have no other options.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#400 » by Dnt hate » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:26 pm

dlts20 wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:
dlts20 wrote:Thought so. Thanks. The Simmons switch is making me lay some money down on the game tonight and you guys winning the East

Yup I already have bets alot of bets, cant wait to bet on philly throughout the playoffs series, but I'm avoiding betting on these games

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Like I said I'm not betting on regular season games,
were clearly inconsistent as fk , but in the playoffs especially us as under dogs I'm putting some nice bets

Return to Philadelphia 76ers