ImageImageImageImageImage

How lucky are we to have this dude on our team? (Terence Davis)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,106

Re: How lucky are we to have this dude on our team? (Terence Davis) 

Post#101 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:08 am

Masai seems like the kind of person to not deal with stupid **** like this. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him packaged up this summer in a bigger deal.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
mathgeek
Junior
And1: 136

Post#102 » by mathgeek » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:26 am

I didn't care about his conspiracy theories views and opinions on Instagram. They don't harm anybody. But the mask with the hole in it is a big character red flag to be honest. Definitely not a good look.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,576

Post#103 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:27 am

mathgeek wrote:I didn't care about his conspiracy theories views and opinions on Instagram. They don't harm anybody. But the mask with the hole in it is a big character red flag to be honest. Definitely not a good look.

This.
I could care less about how he feels about things like that and whatever he post on his story. But if he's genuinely going out of his way to poke holes in his mask like some rebellious kid then that's a problem
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,274

Post#104 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:32 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Birth of the Cool wrote:Terence Davis making a "statement" by wearing his mandated mask with a hole in it...

https://i.imgur.com/uOquktp.png

not sure if this will work lol

Used to love this kid, but his immaturity recently is showing me more and more why he was undrafted.

Oh for ****'s sake TD.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#105 » by johanliebert » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:17 am

mathgeek wrote:I didn't care about his conspiracy theories views and opinions on Instagram. They don't harm anybody. But the mask with the hole in it is a big character red flag to be honest. Definitely not a good look.

if they weren’t in a bubble you guy’s would have an argument..

they are constant tested..the health clearance to get in there is crazy. they hired homeland security and high ranking officers in LE. now of he were walking around the downtown core like that you could whine
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,933

Post#106 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:43 am

If you've spent any time watching some of the vlogs from various players, there are plenty of players not wearing masks, or half on their face, etc. It's not taken that seriously, and it is probably an unnecessary precaution in the bubble (like, why is Nurse linking arms with Vogel both without masks for the anthems?). Promoting conspiracy theories on a platform is 100 times worse.
Swervin81
Pro Prospect
And1: 941

Post#107 » by Swervin81 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:25 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:

If you've spent any time watching some of the vlogs from various players, there are plenty of players not wearing masks, or half on their face, etc. It's not taken that seriously, and it is probably an unnecessary precaution in the bubble (like, why is Nurse linking arms with Vogel both without masks for the anthems?). Promoting conspiracy theories on a platform is 100 times worse.

I'd say there's definitely a difference between not wearing a mask and cutting a hole in one.

There have been a decent amount of players not wearing masks, as you said. Other than Dwight, no one has really gone without a mask in the name of being defiant. Most of them are just going about life in the bubble, not really trying to make a statement with the lack of mask.

Wearing a mask with a hole in it, though? Like, you have to go out of your way and intentionally cut a hole in your mask to do that. There is an inherently open level of defiance in that. The extra steps required make it something you would not do unless you meant to do it - he's trying to "send a message".

BEST. SIGPIC. EVER.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#108 » by B-Ball Freak » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:05 pm

This thread should have been made for OG.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#109 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:14 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:I could care less about how he feels about things like that and whatever he post on his story. But if he's genuinely going out of his way to poke holes in his mask like some rebellious kid then that's a problem

what exactly is the problem with being rebellious? Even if he has an IQ of 80 as long as he understand how to play D and shoot threes it doesnt really matter. Hes not really hurting anybody in the bubble at least.

You know who had character issues? Who shouldnt really be a role model? Kobe is an adulterer. MJ is a gambling addict and a straight up jerk. Rodman likes to cross dress for attention and visit north korea.
Syd-TK3
RealGM

Post#110 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 6:36 pm

Chandan wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I could care less about how he feels about things like that and whatever he post on his story. But if he's genuinely going out of his way to poke holes in his mask like some rebellious kid then that's a problem

what exactly is the problem with being rebellious? Even if he has an IQ of 80 as long as he understand how to play D and shoot threes it doesnt really matter. Hes not really hurting anybody in the bubble at least.

You know who had character issues? Who shouldnt really be a role model? Kobe is an adulterer. MJ is a gambling addict and a straight up jerk. Rodman likes to cross dress for attention and visit north korea.

Simple matter is that there are rules and guidelines put into place in the bubble. You're a professional athlete that's required to follow them. Whatever Kobe and Mj do in their free time away from their job isn't comparable to Davis breaking protocol on the job just cause he chooses.
Marc stein also literally just tweeted this.
Read on Twitter
?s=19
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#111 » by rrdjutriurt » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:12 pm

I'm an anti vaccine person myself and agree with Terrence that strengthening your immune system is the single most important aspect protecting you against a bad covid outcome. However Davis has to understand that not everyone agrees with this sound logic and wearing a mask with proper respect for others is very necessary.

Terrence also has to understand that if a covid infection happens within a game that he is associated with, he will be the first one fingered, even if it's clear he is not the guilty party. Man up and follow protocol because if you don't, your only putting your own career in jeopardy. If this backlash happened before yesterdays game it's probably why he had such a sub par performance because his mind just did not seem to be on the game.

I'm sure it was nothing more then a young man having a slip in judgement that he certainly feels bad about now.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#112 » by Chandan » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:18 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
Chandan wrote:

Simple matter is that there are rules and guidelines put into place in the bubble. You're a professional athlete that's required to follow them. Whatever Kobe and Mj do in their free time away from their job isn't comparable to Davis breaking protocol on the job just cause he chooses.
Read on Twitter
?s=19

that part of the guideline is bullocks. It's like the Standing for national anthem rule that's in place since 1981 that nobody is following it now. We see them all mingle in the hotel mask free in vlogs not to mention they are all playing a contact sport within the next hour. Obviously the league only want their athletes to wear mask strictly for appearance. (and to be fair, TD was wearing one)

let's just say that if there's a virus breakout, it would be the league's fault for trying to continue the season and failing to provide a virus free bubble for its athletes. It wouldn't be because TD was rebellious and poked a hole in his mask. he was tested negative and never left the bubble after all.

Not that I don't think it's childish on his part. He really should just be a man and opt out to be honest.
knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,455

Post#113 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:39 pm

Biggest Davis booster but this is huge red flag about his overall judgement. This is enough for me to question his future and if he has the mental capacity to succeed at the highest level.

Forget about the science of masks and health treatment of COVID. Even if I believe the garage he is aspousing, I would keep my mouth shut and confirm to whatever was expected of me. This guy is marginal rotation player with no guaranteed contract. Why bring negative attention to yourself? There is no possible upside to what he is doing. He can only lose in this scenario. So the question is potentially losing millions of dollars worth it to fight for the oppressed people who have to wear masks? How does this make sense. Beyond the idoitacy of his believes its mind boggling how he doesn't see how this is self sabotaging his career. Fact he doesn't understand that tells me about his decision making process and doesn't bode well for the rest of his career.

Sent from my Mi 9T using RealGM mobile app
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,818

Post#114 » by nikster » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:02 pm

antonaki1 wrote:I'm an anti vaccine person myself and agree with Terrence that strengthening your immune system is the single most important aspect protecting you against a bad covid outcome. However Davis has to understand that not everyone agrees with this sound logicand wearing a mask with proper respect for others is very necessary.

Terrence also has to understand that if a covid infection happens within a game that he is associated with, he will be the first one fingered, even if it's clear he is not the guilty party. Man up and follow protocol because if you don't, your only putting your own career in jeopardy. If this backlash happened before yesterdays game it's probably why he had such a sub par performance because his mind just did not seem to be on the game.

I'm sure it was nothing more then a young man having a slip in judgement that he certainly feels bad about now.

Nothing sound about that logic
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,674

Post#115 » by VanWest82 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:17 pm

If they're truly controlling who enters/exits the bubble and are keeping the players and coaches away from staff then wearing masks probably isn't necessary. But it's not only about that. These guys have a platform and to the degree they have a responsibility to remind everyone that blm they also have a responsibility to promote mask wearing for the public good. We all do.
Syd-TK3
RealGM

Post#116 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:35 pm

Chandan wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
Chandan wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

that part of the guideline is bullocks. It's like the Standing for national anthem rule that's in place since 1981 that nobody is following it now. We see them all mingle in the hotel mask free in vlogs not to mention they are all playing a contact sport within the next hour. Obviously the league only want their athletes to wear mask strictly for appearance. (and to be fair, TD was wearing one)

let's just say that if there's a virus breakout, it would be the league's fault for trying to continue the season and failing to provide a virus free bubble for its athletes. It wouldn't be because TD was rebellious and poked a hole in his mask. he was tested negative and never left the bubble after all.

Not that I don't think it's childish on his part. He really should just be a man and opt out to be honest.

The league as a group is collectively agreeing to not stand anymore and even the commissioner is promoting it. If word out there is they are encouraging teams to enforce it more and even throwing out consequences it's not really just something you can tip toe around.

It may be pointless with all the other stuff they are doing without mask but it's still required.
At the end of the day I don't expect guys to wear mask full time especially considering they know they are fine but going out of his way to make holes is just wrong and childish, that's all that matters
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,818

Post#117 » by nikster » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:10 pm

If Terrance Davis continues to double down on this anti-science bull I can't be a fan of his at all
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#118 » by omar36 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:38 pm

antonaki1 wrote:I'm an anti vaccine person myself and agree with Terrence that strengthening your immune system is the single most important aspect protecting you against a bad covid outcome. However Davis has to understand that not everyone agrees with this sound logic and wearing a mask with proper respect for others is very necessary.

dont think its a slip up since it was deliberate lol and its like the 3 or 4 thign hes done in the bubble.

curious tho, why are u agaisnt vaccines? like do you beleive they arent neccssary or that they are harmful?
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,524

Post#119 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:57 pm

Team needs to sit down with him and have a stern conversation. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He's super young and has a lot to learn. He's not running afoul with the law or being a dressing room cancer so let's not blow this out of proportion.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#120 » by Tacoma » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:01 pm

Chandan wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
Chandan wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Wearing a mask with a hole is like a wearing a condom with a hole — why bother. TD is wrong on this one.

Return to Toronto Raptors