ImageImage

2020 Packers News, Trades, Transactions - RIP Ted Thompson

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,538

Re: 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Funchess Opts Out 

Post#22 » by Frank Nova » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:13 pm

Would love to sign Everton Griffen. The pass rush would ultimately be tops in the league. That’s a needle mover if you ask me. We could even get back into psycho packages with Clark as the only down block eater. Clark, Z, P, Gary, Griffen and Kirksey all rushing and room for a 5th DB. If the offensive plan is to ground and pound and utilize Rodgers efficiencies, we are gonna have to be dominant on 3rd downs on defense. Signing a player like Griffen makes that easily more feasible.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,117

Post#23 » by LittleRooster » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:39 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,977

Post#24 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:15 am

It's their choice but find it interesting these guys risk CTE and other degenerative injuries would opt out for this virus. Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb they are having a season in a pandemic but from a personal risk it is so low. Just be smart and just quarantine yourself from your family for a couple months.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,486

Post#25 » by th87 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:24 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It's their choice but find it interesting these guys risk CTE and other degenerative injuries would opt out for this virus. Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb they are having a season in a pandemic but from a personal risk it is so low. Just be smart and just quarantine yourself from your family for a couple months.

CTE doesn't kill your grandfather.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,977

Post#26 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:56 pm

th87 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It's their choice but find it interesting these guys risk CTE and other degenerative injuries would opt out for this virus. Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb they are having a season in a pandemic but from a personal risk it is so low. Just be smart and just quarantine yourself from your family for a couple months.

CTE doesn't kill your grandfather.

COVID doesn't kill your grandfather if you are smart about it. Maybe he normally has a mom or dad live with him and that is why he is opting out but most guys only see their extended family during the bye-week. Take a test, quarantine, then carefully visit your family. I think that is probably safer than most of us who have been to grocery stores or work but don't have luxury of access to testing.

I don't blame him and applaud him for putting family first. I just think the risk is low to him personally as an athlete, and extremely low of passing it on to an at-risk family member if he is smart about it. (I don't know his background so maybe is wife/gf is at-risk or a young kid at home which would obviously explain it).

All I'm trying to say is, It's not so much I'm surprised people would opt if they can with millions in their pocket. It's that they don't do that when it comes to protecting their brains/body. Every time i see Rodgers get hit, guy has $100m+, intelligent as hell, and in the prime of his life. I'm retiring at 30 if I'm him. (Then again that is just one of the many reasons I never made it past JV in any sport)
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#27 » by skones » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:20 pm

WTF is Favre thinking. You were a douche. You've mostly put yourself back into good graces with the GB faithful who thought you were a douche, and now you're commenting that you'd love to see Rodgers play for the Bears? **** off old man.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,932

Post#28 » by humanrefutation » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:44 am

Favre is an idiot. It's that simple.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#29 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#30 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:18 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great, if not a little surprising, signing. Still only 24 years old.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Re: 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Funchess Opts OutClark - 4/70 Extension - $25 million guaranteed 

Post#31 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:33 pm

Bakhtiari, Linsley, Jones and King are the remaining 2021 FA starters.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Re: 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Funchess Opts OutClark - 4/70 Extension - $25 million guaranteed 

Post#32 » by M-C-G » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Bakhtiari, Linsley, Jones and King are the remaining 2021 FA starters.

I think you have to keep Bakh or trade him now. Next up would be King. See if you can tender Jones next year and then let him walk.

I see about zero percent chance Linsley being back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#33 » by neiLz » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Linsley might still be gone via trade during camp to supplement the other starters coming up . They could save 8.5 mil. I don't think they do it as they're in contender mode and he's a starter but if they think they can get similar production from a younger guy I wouldn't mind a trade for a draft pick.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Post#34 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Would have liked another year on that deal.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,457

Post#35 » by Profound23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:34 pm

I will take it! Was worried we would lose him.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,932

Re: 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Clark - 4/70 Extension - $25 million guaranteed 

Post#36 » by humanrefutation » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Bakh is the only one remaining who is a must-resign in my book. Jones would be nice at a reasonable price. I've never been a big fan of Linsley, and King is too injury prone.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,680

Re: 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Clark - 4/70 Extension - $25 million guaranteed 

Post#37 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:53 pm

I didn't think I'd be so excited for Packers training camp but seeing these photos/videos today makes me giddy.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Post#38 » by Treebeard » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:06 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Bakh is the only one remaining who is a must-resign in my book. Jones would be nice at a reasonable price. I've never been a big fan of Linsley, and King is too injury prone.

I still don't see what Packer FO forsees for this season.... Do they see this roster as a SB contender, or are they willing to roll the dice on a rebuild-on-the-fly and just shoot for getting into the playoffs this year? If it's the SB, then they have to retain Bahk. If it's rebuild-on-the-fly, then it wouldn't surprise me that Bahk gets moved and Jones gets tendered next summer. King has been an injury risk, but who replaces him? Or, blow another late 1st rounder on another CB, trade/FA a high ticket veteran? With King, all three options come with notable risk.....
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#39 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:23 pm

I'd be cool giving Bak an extension but I wonder if they want to see how he looks this year before re-uping because I did think his play slipped a little especially early last season. By getting the Clark deal done now it also leaves them open to a franchise tag for Bak which could make some sense if the idea is 2 years of trying to win with Rodgers then a little tear down rebuild.

King is interesting more for the fact what he will get next season probably varies the most of any of their FAs by how he performs this year. He's got the skills to ball out if healthy and could price himself out of their range or he's hurt or struggles and his market is soft. Could be a guy you gamble on now on a reasonable deal that could look like a bargain in a year.

Jones feels like a luxury that you only bring back if the RB market is soft next year or maybe if he'd be open to a real team friendly deal now.

Lindsey is probably gone because of the money and that's the spot you at least have a guy in Patrick who would be a reasonable replacement at a low cost.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#40 » by LikeABosh » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:17 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Would have liked another year on that deal.

Well we get him for all of his 20's. I'm happy with it. $25 million guaranteed seems pretty low too

Return to Green Bay Packers