ImageImageImageImage

Woj: Isaac has torn ACL

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Dubious Kitty
Sophomore
And1: 161

Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#1 » by Dubious Kitty » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:52 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,021

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#2 » by Driguez » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:54 am

"We all we got"- SVG
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,379

Post#3 » by JRoy » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:57 am

Another year down the tubes for that talented young man.

Damn it.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#4 » by j_n » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:58 am

Worst day ever, could not have happened to a better man.
Hopefully it turns into a Steph Curry situation where he just heals and put the injuries behind him.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using RealGM mobile app
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#5 » by The Effect » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:08 am

this is easily going to set this team back for at least the next two season

god every time i start to think we are in position to turn things around, something HAS to happen.
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#6 » by crazytown » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:13 am

Unreal. Next season is down the drain as well.

Hopefully we find a COVID vaccine by the time JI comes back :banghead:
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#7 » by richi_v25 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:14 am

I was just starting to get excited about how good our bench has been then this happens...
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#8 » by Def Swami » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:20 am

I said it in the game thread, but I can't think of many events more catastrophic for the Orlando Magic than this. This essentially takes him out of all of the '20-'21 season. And he'll be a RFA before he might be even able to play another game.

It always felt like Isaac was a the fulcrum of the Weltman/Hammond regime, and the lone bright spot that we could point to in terms of a future. And now it's gone for this year and next. I'm not sure where the Magic will go from here.

Overall, a very sad day for us. I'm wishing Isaac well on his recovery. He provided me some of the happiest moments of the season. :(

At the same time, I know he'll come back strong. He's 22 years old and has his whole career in front of him.
Read on Twitter
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#9 » by Skin » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:34 am

I just can't keep taking this.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#10 » by The Effect » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:37 am

Def Swami wrote:I said it in the game thread, but I can't think of many events more catastrophic for the Orlando Magic than this. This essentially takes him out of all of the '20-'21 season. And he'll be a RFA before he might be even able to play another game.

It always felt like Isaac was a the fulcrum of the Weltman/Hammond regime, and the lone bright spot that we could point to in terms of a future. And now it's gone for this year and next. I'm not sure where the Magic will go from here.

Overall, a very sad day for us. I'm wishing Isaac well on his recovery. He provided me some of the happiest moments of the season. :(

At the same time, I know he'll come back strong. He's 22 years old and has his whole career in front of him.
Read on Twitter

Im really worried that WeHam is going to to use this as an excuse to keep evan around

Like they need the continuity, and how they cant improve the SG without a trade, and now cant trade their biggest piece (ag)

Really feels like they are going to give him that 20-25m a year deal just to keep together a 35w team

If im weham, im going the complete opposite. Blow the whole team up. Let evan leave, trade Vuc to the kings. Trade AG if you can get a star or top 5 pick (bundled with our pick and filler). Keep bamba cause he has zero value, might as well see if he has ANY talent, and then basically get rid of everyone except Fultz and chuma. I like ross too, but if you can get something good for him, do it

Start next year with a lineup looking like

C - Bamba
PF - Chuma
SF - Deni Avdija (AG trade)
SG - Hield (vuc trade)
PG - Fultz

Probably finish with one of the 5 worst records in the league, but atleast that gives us a chance to draft a star the next year instead of this constant 35win, 16th pick in the draft, role player filled team we have now
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#11 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:39 am

I've not been more devastated by an injury since Penny. Gutted.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,292

Post#12 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:03 am

Terrible news. These types of injuries take forever to recover from fully. Basically a missed season and then the majority of the following season getting back to game shape. I think bigs can make the adjustment a little quicker but regardless it usually means a long time before a player gets back to where they were.

The good news is that they almost always get back totally. It's no longer an injury that has a good chance to end or alter a career, especially for a young guy. He will be back to 100 percent. No doubt.

This does really screw up the next season though. a couple of things could happen, you could continue to try and build the team up and put together better roster that Issac can work his way into the season after next or you could take the opportunity to go into tank/rebuild mode for a year, racking up a lot of losses, audition lot of young/cheap talent, and hope to load up for a run the following season.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#13 » by fateis007 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:05 am

This is so ****. I really was enjoying the team and thinking wow, JI and Fultz are the future and dominate in that second unit. Only to see him go down like this 2 games in.

I mean I am sure he is devastated from many different angles right now, but this also is going to kill his extension. Missing 3-4th of your career leading up until an extension is just a game changer. Look at Jabari, #2 pick, looked like he was going to own the league. He couldn't even get off the bench.

He just can't stay healthy. id almost rather he just be a low post/shoot from range type of player, it seems he hurts himself a ton of trying to be a rim driver.

Oh well i guess nothing to do but move on and hope has a speedy recovery.

It really just sucks to be a magic fan right now and see your cornerstone go down.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#14 » by cedric76 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:17 am

We ll never catch a break

Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#15 » by paperboymafia » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:33 am

This, deep down, feels like Penny to me. Devastating on so many levels. First and foremost for JI but man, for the org, how this affects fans etc

Feels like a punch in the kidneys.

Sent from my LG-H930 using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#16 » by RookieStar » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:43 am

Dammit!!!

Lets look at the bright side. It is still August.. if he has surgery now. Does it take 1 year to fully recover from ACL? Especially if you are 22.

ALso, when do you think the new season will start ? I think the league will wait for a vaccine so... JAnuary?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#17 » by RookieStar » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:44 am

Just sad this PO i cant see JI lock up siakam.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#18 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:07 am

fateis007 wrote:Look at Jabari, #2 pick, looked like he was going to own the league.

Must have missed this...
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,260

Post#19 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:23 am

It feels like Brandon Roy all over again :(
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#20 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:25 am

It's been a while since I've had any hope for this franchise and I believe even with a healthy JI we would have still found plenty of ways to screw things up. So as a Magic fan, I'm not severely devastated, but for JI I am. Horrible setback for him after all that hard work. I hope he comes back and can continue his trajectory as a perennial DPOTY candidate.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414

Return to Orlando Magic