Game 66: Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder August 3, 3PM CST

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#1 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:02 pm

We really got hosed on the tip off times.

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#2 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:00 pm

Well, we're definitely struggling today. As good as we were on Saturday, we've been equally as bad today. Today would be a great day to have Schroder's potential offensive spark off the bench. The 3s aren't falling at all today while the Nuggets are shooting it well from deep. And I think we've blown what were pretty easy layups 3 or 4 times, including a couple that were on fastbreaks. Chris Paul and Bazley have been the only bright spots.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Game 66: Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder August 3, 3PM CST 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:12 pm

Not having the names on the backs of the jerseys is really annoying. I can't believe we are winning. I didn't get to watch too closely but it looked pretty ugly from what I saw.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#4 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:14 pm

Great close to the half. Ended on a 20-9 run to turn a 10-point deficit into a 1-point lead.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#5 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:28 pm

Who the hell is guarding MPJ?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:31 pm

getrichordie wrote:Who the hell is guarding MPJ?

I think Dort some but I wasn't able to watch the first closely half because I'm still working.
Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:44 pm

Shai's defense needs some work. That 5th foul is a game changer.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:18 pm

Diallo has such clumsy hands.
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#9 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:31 pm

I'm out of form, so this will be mild, but I feel like the officiating has been uneven in this one. That most recent foul that put MPJ on the FT line shocked me that it wasn't an offensive foul. Same thing with the challenged foul call earlier in the half. I can't believe they still determined that was a foul on OKC after seeing the replay. Jokic has lived at the FT line today, too.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:35 pm

NaturalThunder wrote:I'm out of form, so this will be mild, but I feel like the officiating has been uneven in this one. That most recent foul that put MPJ on the FT line shocked me that it wasn't an offensive foul. Same thing with the challenged foul call earlier in the half. I can't believe they still determined that was a foul on OKC after seeing the replay. Jokic has lived at the FT line today, too.

That should have been a charge. It’s been a poorly officiated game all around for both sides. No one shows up to watch the officials. They’ve made the game maddening to watch for both team’s fans. Cp3 also grabbed Millsaps jersey on that foul.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:40 pm

Clutch thunder can’t hit their free throws.
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#12 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:47 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:I'm out of form, so this will be mild, but I feel like the officiating has been uneven in this one. That most recent foul that put MPJ on the FT line shocked me that it wasn't an offensive foul. Same thing with the challenged foul call earlier in the half. I can't believe they still determined that was a foul on OKC after seeing the replay. Jokic has lived at the FT line today, too.

That should have been a charge. It’s been a poorly officiated game all around for both sides. No one shows up to watch the officials. They’ve made the game maddening to watch for both team’s fans. Cp3 also grabbed Millsaps jersey on that foul.

Yeah the officiating has been horrendous bot ways. That challenged call by us that didn't get oveturned just really rubbed me the wrong way.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:55 pm

Well they game wouldn’t and shouldn’t have gone to OT if we hit our free throws. Gallo, Shai and CP3 all missed critical ones. Life goes on.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#14 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:58 pm

Gallo played 6-10 minutes less than the other starters again despite being the only "plus" one.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#15 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:00 am

Not sure what is going on w/ Gallo. Maybe Thunder know they aren't re-signing him so they want to give Bazley some run, or maybe they are just saving Gallo for playoffs? Or maybe they are easing Gallo back in slower than other starters given his injury history?

No telling, but would love to know the reasoning...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#16 » by Old Man Game » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:12 am

That felt like a game that Schroeder could have made a significant difference. Of course, Jamal Murray could have for them as well as Barton, but felt like we missed having that extra attacker out there. Dort was somewhat of a mess in that game.

I wonder if Adams ever gets tired of Jokic just owning him into the ground? Lots of centers get that from Jokic but Adams in particular just seems especially ineffective against him compared to what's usually capable of defensivley. All his tricks just seem completely ineffective against Jokic who is just a strong, longer, much more skilled etc.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:28 am

I’m still rooting for us to get our draft pick as the best possible outcome to these final regular season games.
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Post#18 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:34 pm

Yesterday it looked like we got the old Andre Roberson back....at least on the offensive end. He passed up a couple of wide open 3-point shots. And missed three wide open layups. I don't care if he is still trying to work his way back from the injury, there is no excuse for missing those layups. Especially as a pro basketball player. Miss one? Sure. Everyone blows a gimme every now and then.
But to miss all three layups.....inexcusable!

This is exactly why I was hoping that he'd played his last game with the Thunder and why I didn't want him anywhere near the NBA bubble.

I'm starting to wonder if he's one of those players who has mental block when it comes to performing in front of crowds or performing when games count. I say this because during the scrimmage games he actually shot with confidence. He shot threes without hesitation. Fast forward to the seeding games and it's back to the same old timid Dre.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#19 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:36 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I’m still rooting for us to get our draft pick as the best possible outcome to these final regular season games.

Ditto. If we could get our pick back from Philly, that'd be nice. According to tankathon, we are 1 spot off. Maybe we are playing Gallo less because we are trying to lose our way into #20-#19. Looks doable w/ Schroder out and Gallo's playing time cut.

We really need to be rooting for Indiana and Philadelphia. Luckily, TJ Warren looks like he has reached his ultimate form.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Post#20 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:45 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
I wonder if Adams ever gets tired of Jokic just owning him into the ground? Lots of centers get that from Jokic but Adams in particular just seems especially ineffective against him compared to what's usually capable of defensivley. All his tricks just seem completely ineffective against Jokic who is just a strong, longer, much more skilled etc.

What makes it sadder is Adams is as fresh and full of energy as he's ever going to be and he's still completely useless vs Jokic. Seems like Jokic effortlessly puts up 25/12/10 in every match up against Adams and OKC.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder