Arsenal Could Buy Philippe Coutinho For $12M

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Arsenal Could Buy Philippe Coutinho For $12M 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:54 pm

Arsenal has been offered Philippe Coutinho by Barcelona on a permanent deal.

Mikel Arteta would like to part ways with Matteo Guendouzi either way and he could go to Barcelona as a makeweight.

Arsenal could pay as little as £9 million ($12 million) to Barcelona for Coutinho. Barcelona bought Coutinho from Liverpool in January 2018 for €160 million, but he was loaned to Bayern Munich before the 19-20 season.

Via Miguel Delaney/The Independent

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: Arsenal Could Buy Philippe Coutinho For $12M 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:23 am

If I were the Gunners I'd do it. He's quality. Little injury prone, and there are flaws, but right now Arsenal aren't exactly the richest playboy on the block either. You gotta get what you can, and go from there. I think he's a great player. He comes in a little butt-hurt from the humiliation of his time at Barca, and will have something to prove.

I remember Hlebb. I see a similar role.

$12 mil is pocket-change in todays transfer market. Grab the guy.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Re: Arsenal Could Buy Philippe Coutinho For $12M 

Post#3 » by aggerrard » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:43 am

danfantastk32 wrote:If I were the Gunners I'd do it. He's quality. Little injury prone, and there are flaws, but right now Arsenal aren't exactly the richest playboy on the block either. You gotta get what you can, and go from there. I think he's a great player. He comes in a little butt-hurt from the humiliation of his time at Barca, and will have something to prove.

I remember Hlebb. I see a similar role.

$12 mil is pocket-change in todays transfer market. Grab the guy.

For 12 million it's a no-brainer imo. Ofc it can depend on the salary aswell, but with Ozil making 350k pounds a week (likely sitting out all next year collecting the check) and Aubameyang on the verge of a new contract aswell, Coutinho likely doesn't ruin the salary structure.

Not gonna bull****, i haven't watched him much since he left Liverpool - but he was bullied out of Barcelona by the fans because of his performances and Bayern fans have trashed him aswell. So i don't know what to expect from him anymore, but if can play close the level he did at Liverpool, he's still a world class player and should be a profile for Arsenal. The biggest issue at Liverpool were the inconsistency, but during the last season or last 1½ season at Liverpool, he rarely had bad games and on his best days no one could stop him.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion