Game 66: Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder August 3, 3PM CST

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Game 66: Denver Nuggets @ Oklahoma City Thunder August 3, 3PM CST 

Post#21 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:54 pm

getrichordie wrote:Not sure what is going on w/ Gallo. Maybe Thunder know they aren't re-signing him so they want to give Bazley some run, or maybe they are just saving Gallo for playoffs? Or maybe they are easing Gallo back in slower than other starters given his injury history?

No telling, but would love to know the reasoning...

I do not think it has anything to do with his possible re-signing in the offseason. Trying to keep him healthy (as you pointed out) may be the best guess. This season is going to be so strange. With no real homecourt advantage the matchups for the playoffs become even more important. I'm wondering how OKC matches up with the Lakers. Obviously LAL have both AD and Lebron but OKC has better guard play.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,207

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:46 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Not sure what is going on w/ Gallo. Maybe Thunder know they aren't re-signing him so they want to give Bazley some run, or maybe they are just saving Gallo for playoffs? Or maybe they are easing Gallo back in slower than other starters given his injury history?

No telling, but would love to know the reasoning...

I do not think it has anything to do with his possible re-signing in the offseason. Trying to keep him healthy (as you pointed out) may be the best guess. This season is going to be so strange. With no real homecourt advantage the matchups for the playoffs become even more important. I'm wondering how OKC matches up with the Lakers. Obviously LAL have both AD and Lebron but OKC has better guard play.

Lebron would destroy us unless Andre Roberson returns to peak form immediately.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#23 » by Old Man Game » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:24 pm

1bigfan13 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
I wonder if Adams ever gets tired of Jokic just owning him into the ground? Lots of centers get that from Jokic but Adams in particular just seems especially ineffective against him compared to what's usually capable of defensivley. All his tricks just seem completely ineffective against Jokic who is just a strong, longer, much more skilled etc.

What makes it sadder is Adams is as fresh and full of energy as he's ever going to be and he's still completely useless vs Jokic. Seems like Jokic effortlessly puts up 25/12/10 in every match up against Adams and OKC.

Yeah. It's pretty impressive to watch from Nikola's perspective. Adams leans on him, Jokic just feels it and sort of rolls off of him into a spin move toward the rim. The guy is really something else and someone that Adams in particular can't seem to get a handle on. Him and Towns are like Adams worst matchups it feels like.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:28 pm

1bigfan13 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
I wonder if Adams ever gets tired of Jokic just owning him into the ground? Lots of centers get that from Jokic but Adams in particular just seems especially ineffective against him compared to what's usually capable of defensivley. All his tricks just seem completely ineffective against Jokic who is just a strong, longer, much more skilled etc.

What makes it sadder is Adams is as fresh and full of energy as he's ever going to be and he's still completely useless vs Jokic. Seems like Jokic effortlessly puts up 25/12/10 in every match up against Adams and OKC.

Adams is around a middle of the pack starting center in the league, better or worse depending on your opinion. Jokic is top ten, almost top five player in the league in my opinion.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Post#25 » by 1bigfan13 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:35 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Adams is around a middle of the pack starting center in the league, better or worse depending on your opinion. Jokic is top ten, almost top five player in the league in my opinion.

I completely understand that. But if Steven Adams is going to be paid like a top 5 center I'm going to critique him like a top 5 center who's under-performing.

Big contracts come with additional scrutiny. I think even he admitted that either last year or this year.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:39 pm

1bigfan13 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Adams is around a middle of the pack starting center in the league, better or worse depending on your opinion. Jokic is top ten, almost top five player in the league in my opinion.

I completely understand that. But if Steven Adams is going to be paid like a top 5 center I'm going to critique him like a top 5 center who's under-performing.

Big contracts come with additional scrutiny. I think even he admitted that either last year or this year.

We just have to evaluate Adams for what he is and not what he’s paid. He’s not a star that’s underperforming. He’s a decent but limited center that was offered a lot of money and wisely agreed to it. It’s was a bad contract at the time, still is and always will be. Thankfully, next year is his final year of it.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder