ImageImageImageImageImage

Bubble Game 3: Dallas Mavericks (40-29) vs Sacramento Kings (28-38) 11:30 am PT

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Bubble Game 3: Dallas Mavericks (40-29) vs Sacramento Kings (28-38) 11:30 am PT 

Post#1 » by KF10 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:42 pm

Despite the 0-2 start, the Kings are 1 game behind the play-in position.

Can the Kings bounce back against the Mavs?
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Re: Bubble Game 3: Dallas Mavericks (40-29) vs Sacramento Kings (28-38) 11:30 am PT 

Post#2 » by SmellingColors » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:10 pm

My prediction: they come out strong, but fade, make costly mistakes, and Luka seals it for the Mavs.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Bubble Game 3: Dallas Mavericks (40-29) vs Sacramento Kings (28-38) 11:30 am PT 

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:13 pm

I appreciate Kent Bazemore more than any player on our team. Every time he comes in the game he hustles on both ends of the court. Decent first quarter aside from a few awful possessions by Buddy and Joseph.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:42 pm

Mavericks +20 at the line? Make that +22.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by SmellingColors » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:38 pm

Well, I've been wrong so far score wise. Let's see if they can finish this.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:24 pm

SmellingColors wrote:Welp.

You pretty much called it earlier. But 50 to 12 free throws.. How does anyone look at that and think, ya makes sense?
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by SmellingColors » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:28 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:Welp.

You pretty much called it earlier. But 50 to 12 free throws.. How does anyone look at that and think, ya makes sense?

It doesn't. There were some awful calls and non-calls (De'Aaron should have had a number of free throw attempts), but the offensive possessions at the end of the 4th were atrocious and that's on them. Also, Bazemore was playing well all game, but Walton went with Bogi who was 1/15 I think. It's just losing basketball.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#9 » by KF10 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:57 pm

Dallas served this game on a silver platter and the Kings refused to take it.

This has to be one of the dumbest Kings team I’ve ever watched. Walton is an idiot of a head coach as well.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:11 pm

KF10 wrote:Dallas served this game on a silver platter and the Kings refused to take it.

This has to be one of the dumbest Kings team I’ve ever watched. Walton is an idiot of a head coach as well.

I think we are witnessing the final few games of Walton and possibly Vlade as well. This is the sort of loss after a blowout that breaks your teams back. If they get another game or so out teams might let the Kings nab a few because they don't need to win but this is all on the brink.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by KF10 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:23 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:Dallas served this game on a silver platter and the Kings refused to take it.

I think we are witnessing the final few games of Walton and possibly Vlade as well. This is the sort of loss after a blowout that breaks your teams back. If they get another game or so out teams might let the Kings nab a few because they don't need to win but this is all on the brink.

The COVID-19 crisis has hit the Kings’ pockets (Vivek’s wallet) HARD.

The chances of Vivek firing the GM + staff & HC + staff and spend $$$ for a new GM + staff and HC + staff AND paying/buying out Vlade’ and Walton’s contracts are pretty low.

This is our normal until 3 years or whenever Vlade’s and Walton’s contract ends. This team has always been not good. It’s flawed from top to bottom. Having an idiot of a HC in Walton at the helm exposes this fact x100.

My expectations and hope are at the absolute bottom. So, I’m never disappointed about the trash we constantly watch on a nightly basis. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Less stress involved lol
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#13 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:36 pm

KF10 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

The chances of Vivek firing the GM + staff & HC + staff and spend $$$ for a new GM + staff and HC + staff AND paying/buying out Vlade’ and Walton’s contracts are pretty low.

This is our normal until 3 years or whenever Vlade’s and Walton’s contract ends. This team has always been not good. It’s flawed from top to bottom. Having an idiot of a HC in Walton at the helm exposes this fact x100.

My expectations and hope are at the absolute bottom. So, I’m never disappointed about the trash we constantly watch on a nightly basis. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Less stress involved lol

No billionaire is being hit hard during this. Trust me. Minnesotas team just got valued at more than a billion. Minnesota. I won't get political or anything but let that sink in.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#14 » by KF10 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:40 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Less stress involved lol

No billionaire is being hit hard during this. Trust me. Minnesotas team just got valued at more than a billion. Minnesota. I won't get political or anything but let that sink in.

I could be wrong but I remember reading an article about the Kings bleeding money due to the crisis. I’ve never followed up on it but if that isn’t the case, Vivek needs to grow some balls and fire everyone then lol
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:48 pm

KF10 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Less stress involved lol

I could be wrong but I remember reading an article about the Kings bleeding money due to the crisis. I’ve never followed up on it but if that isn’t the case, Vivek needs to grow some balls and fire everyone then lol

You're still assuming the Kings and Vivek are one and the same. However the asset that is the Kings is mostly Viveks. I just told you, the freaking T-Wolves are valued at near 1.3 billion actually. Vivek got super lucky. He could dump a billion into this team and likely not feel it just from how much equity he's gained. And the grand scheme of the trickle up effect continues.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#16 » by Lost in LA » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:03 am

Until today, I thought Rex Hughes was the most unfathomable Kings' coach ever....today Walton replaced him

Return to Sacramento Kings