GobertReport wrote:Gobert for Jaylen Brown and Theis

Jazz say no.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Re: Future Free Agent Thread, Part 2 

Post#43 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:59 pm

I'm not sure if the Jazz would do this, or if it is even a good idea, but we have Ingles (who is a better passer and arguably a better defender and on par 3pt shooter as Bojan) so we could sacrifice Bojan for upgrades. Not sure for who or how, but getting Christian Woods or the like player and having Ingles in the starting lineup and then the player(s) from the Bojan deal as supporting actors could end up being a one step back, two steps forward move.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:24 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:I'm not sure if the Jazz would do this, or if it is even a good idea, but we have Ingles (who is a better passer and arguably a better defender and on par 3pt shooter as Bojan) so we could sacrifice Bojan for upgrades. Not sure for who or how, but getting Christian Woods or the like player and having Ingles in the starting lineup and then the player(s) from the Bojan deal as supporting actors could end up being a one step back, two steps forward move.

A Conley/Bojan swap for Lavine/Otto could be interesting. Rumors are the Bulls are looking to make some changes this offseason.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,242

Post#45 » by Catchall » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:30 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:I'm not sure if the Jazz would do this, or if it is even a good idea, but we have Ingles (who is a better passer and arguably a better defender and on par 3pt shooter as Bojan) so we could sacrifice Bojan for upgrades. Not sure for who or how, but getting Christian Woods or the like player and having Ingles in the starting lineup and then the player(s) from the Bojan deal as supporting actors could end up being a one step back, two steps forward move.

A Conley/Bojan swap for Lavine/Otto could be interesting. Rumors are the Bulls are looking to make some changes this offseason.

Bojan is our best floor spacer. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move him. I'd move Ingles before I move Bojan. Efficient 20 ppg game scorers are hard to come by.

The Jazz really just need to add one athletic wing with some length to what they have now.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#46 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:45 am

Catchall wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:

Bojan is our best floor spacer. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move him. I'd move Ingles before I move Bojan. Efficient 20 ppg game scorers are hard to come by.

The Jazz really just need to add one athletic wing with some length to what they have now.

I concur, Ingles is on the downward already.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#47 » by AingesBurner » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:46 pm

Joe Ingles, Conley, and Davis for Horford, Harris, and a 1st, Utah goes all in, Harris is the perfect 4 and Horford is the perfect backup 4/5.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,263

Post#48 » by babyjax13 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:57 pm

GobertReport wrote:Joe Ingles, Conley, and Davis for Horford, Harris, and a 1st, Utah goes all in, Harris is the perfect 4 and Horford is the perfect backup 4/5.

Paying Horford to be a backup would be a disaster.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#49 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:26 am

Why would Philly do that deal?

Well maybe if they get crushed in the playoffs.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#50 » by AingesBurner » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:34 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Joe Ingles, Conley, and Davis for Horford, Harris, and a 1st, Utah goes all in, Harris is the perfect 4 and Horford is the perfect backup 4/5.

Not at all, our weakness is bench 5/4, we would actually not be a defensive disaster when Gobert is off the floor.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#51 » by AingesBurner » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:35 am

wco81 wrote:Why would Philly do that deal?

Well maybe if they get crushed in the playoffs.

Cap flex
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:39 am

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Not at all, our weakness is bench 5/4, we would actually not be a defensive disaster when Gobert is off the floor.

You'd have (after Rudy signs his extension, assuming just a regular max) $75 million locked up between Gobert, Horford, and Bogey. Then add in Mitchell's max extension and you are at $101 million + Ingles and you are at $115 million. There's not enough money left to put together a full starting unit, not to mention a team with bench depth.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#53 » by AingesBurner » Wed Aug 5, 2020 3:17 am

babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

You'd have (after Rudy signs his extension, assuming just a regular max) $75 million locked up between Gobert, Horford, and Bogey. Then add in Mitchell's max extension and you are at $101 million + Ingles and you are at $115 million. There's not enough money left to put together a full starting unit, not to mention a team with bench depth.

Ingles is in the trade.
Ingles is cooked.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#54 » by babyjax13 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:40 am

GobertReport wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Ingles is in the trade.

Whoops, that makes the salary implications much worse. $130+ million for 5 players, and 1 of them is a backup.

JColl
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:52 pm

I liked what I saw from Jonah Bolden in his first summer league. Word is increasingly that Bret Brown and the 76ers are completely dysfunctional and horrible at player development. I would imagine that Bolden could be had for cheap, probably even with NG years after first just so he has a chance to stay in the league.

Could Bolden be a Christian Wood in the making with the right opportunity? The link compares their first two years (neither impressive) https://stathead.com/tiny/il5m7
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#56 » by sipclip » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:I liked what I saw from Jonah Bolden in his first summer league. Word is increasingly that Bret Brown and the 76ers are completely dysfunctional and horrible at player development. I would imagine that Bolden could be had for cheap, probably even with NG years after first just so he has a chance to stay in the league.

Could Bolden be a Christian Wood in the making with the right opportunity? The link compares their first two years (neither impressive) https://stathead.com/tiny/il5m7
I've always liked Bolden and would love to add him. He has the potential to be a solid backup big that plays good d and can stretch the floor.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#57 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:I liked what I saw from Jonah Bolden in his first summer league. Word is increasingly that Bret Brown and the 76ers are completely dysfunctional and horrible at player development. I would imagine that Bolden could be had for cheap, probably even with NG years after first just so he has a chance to stay in the league.

I mean...you're gonna find a lot of guys with comparable numbers to Wood when he never got to play (i.e. terrible). If you look at how they played in the G-League, it's not close.
Wolverine
Rookie
And1: 109

Post#58 » by Wolverine » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:46 pm

Bolden thinks he’s a superstar and he isn’t. Pulling out of the national team because he had to come off the bench. The guy who started in front of him Jock Landale is a better prospect
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#59 » by KqWIN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm

This is crazy, and I have called people crazy for suggesting this player before...but did anyone notice how Josh Jackson was playing before the season ended? He has some real horror stories that went public, probably some more that didn't go public, but that might be a reclamation project worth attempting.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#60 » by KqWIN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:42 pm

Young/Youngish players that we could target with minimums:

Shaq Harrison
Harry Giles
Josh Jackson
Frank Jackson
Caleb Martin
Dragan Bender