2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread 

Post#841 » by Old Man Game » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:22 pm

I wanted to mention how impressed I continue to be by the viewing experience here. I was afraid wit no crowd it'd seem sort of dead but for the most part I've found the fake crowd noise (the laugh track of sports) coupled with the players really going hard has made it pretty great. Having games on all the time is also a big plus.

In the distant future, long after we're probably all dead and gone, and municipalities are given up paying for all these arenas for Billionaires to hold their private sporting events in, I could actually see a scenario wherein games are always played before smaller crowds with a similar sort of viewing experience. TV money is where the real money is at anyway.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#842 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:30 pm

Old Man Game wrote:I wanted to mention how impressed I continue to be by the viewing experience here. I was afraid wit no crowd it'd seem sort of dead but for the most part I've found the fake crowd noise (the laugh track of sports) coupled with the players really going hard has made it pretty great. Having games on all the time is also a big plus.

In the distant future, long after we're probably all dead and gone, and municipalities are given up paying for all these arenas for Billionaires to hold their private sporting events in, I could actually see a scenario wherein games are always played before smaller crowds with a similar sort of viewing experience. TV money is where the real money is at anyway.

I agree. I also like how open the court is and the fact that film crews and rich people aren't in the way for players to have to hurdle when chasing a loose ball.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#843 » by Old Man Game » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:58 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:I wanted to mention how impressed I continue to be by the viewing experience here. I was afraid wit no crowd it'd seem sort of dead but for the most part I've found the fake crowd noise (the laugh track of sports) coupled with the players really going hard has made it pretty great. Having games on all the time is also a big plus.

I agree. I also like how open the court is and the fact that film crews and rich people aren't in the way for players to have to hurdle when chasing a loose ball.

Since you bring it up, how great is it not to see a bunch of rich douche bags around the court? Every game you'll seem people there just to be seen, looking at their phones most of the game. Infuriating. I'd give my right arm to get to sit courtside at an NBA game and you've got these social climbing country club a-hats just blowing the experience off.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#844 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:31 pm

The amount of revenue some of these arenas are losing will make keeping the players salaries so high difficult if it continues like this next season.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#845 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#846 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:13 pm

Ferguson
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#847 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Does The Oklahoman not pay well or is covering the thunder that bad of a job? The thunder go through beat writers like crazy.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#848 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#849 » by Old Man Game » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:20 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Does The Oklahoman not pay well or is covering the thunder that bad of a job? The thunder go through beat writers like crazy.

I think its the former because most of their beat writers that leave end up just covering either the same team or one substantially similar.

I'm waiting for "The Athletic" bubble to pop and then a whole bunch of these writers are going to be in seriously deep ****. It'll be like fan bloggers and Nick Gallo team employee mouthpieces are the only people left covering these teams.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#850 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:28 pm

Read on Twitter
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Post#851 » by slick_watts » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:39 pm

'dre has been very active on the boards during his return. 11.6% ORB, 29.1% DRB%. his TRB% is higher than adams'.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#852 » by Balkman32 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:01 pm

slick_watts wrote:'dre has been very active on the boards during his return. 11.6% ORB, 29.1% DRB%. his TRB% is higher than adams'.

The Thunder are going to need him in the playoffs
Harden, Westbrook, LBJ, PG13 & Kawhi have all had to deal with the Roberson blanket in the past. It would be great to see him do his thing again.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#853 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Nice article on Dort. It puts a lot of numbers to the way I feel about Dort. Yet, despite all of the info about him, the most shocking information was about a different player...

Ferguson has taken only 15 shots off more than a single dribble this season.

https://dailythunder.com/lu-dort-knox-harden-defense/
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#854 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:13 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Nice article on Dort. It puts a lot of numbers to the way I feel about Dort. Yet, despite all of the info about him, the most shocking information was about a different player...

Ferguson has taken only 15 shots off more than a single dribble this season.

https://dailythunder.com/lu-dort-knox-harden-defense/

He's managed to take 4 in the last 5 games since it was originally written which is kind of extra weird. Had to double check the numbers lol.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#855 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 pm

Well I guess this thread has run it’s course.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder