Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Game 67: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Lakers Aug 5th, 5:30PM CST 

Post#1 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:16 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Game 67: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Lakers Aug 5th, 5:30PM CST 

Post#2 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Aug 5, 2020 11:18 pm

Not a lot of intensity tonight. I wonder if that will happen more often with no crowds.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:27 am

There goes the fresh, rejuvenated Steven Adams.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:47 am

It’s amazing how many layups diallo slams off the backboard. A miss is a miss but some of these aren’t even respectable looking.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#5 » by getrichordie » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:12 am

I'm shocked we are winning...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#6 » by getrichordie » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:13 am

Seems Lakers have already checked out. Not even trying to make a comeback. Bench is in with 3 minutes remaining...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,777

Post#7 » by QPR » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:16 am

That is a beat down - impressive on AD.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:18 am

Besides Adams and Paul, no one else on the team played particularly well. Lakers were really bad.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#9 » by getrichordie » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:47 am

It kind of makes sense that LAL would coast a little and OKC tries to improve playoff seeding, though. With that being said, I really want our pick to not convey to PHI.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#10 » by Old Man Game » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:35 am

I'm a broken record on this, but once again, Dort routinely does stuff in terms of dribble moves and getting to the rim that Ferguson couldn't do if you gave him 100 tries.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#11 » by NaturalThunder » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:24 am

Old Man Game wrote:I'm a broken record on this, but once again, Dort routinely does stuff in terms of dribble moves and getting to the rim that Ferguson couldn't do if you gave him 100 tries.

Yeah, he's more fluid and capable off the bounce. He's not all the way there, but he actually kinda sorta gives us a third player (when we have Schroder) who can create his own shot off the bounce. But man, the guy can't shoot. Not sure why he shoots as many 3s as he does. He's a combined 2/15 in the bubble and at 28% for the season.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#12 » by Old Man Game » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:00 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:I'm a broken record on this, but once again, Dort routinely does stuff in terms of dribble moves and getting to the rim that Ferguson couldn't do if you gave him 100 tries.

Yeah, he's more fluid and capable off the bounce. He's not all the way there, but he actually kinda sorta gives us a third player (when we have Schroder) who can create his own shot off the bounce. But man, the guy can't shoot. Not sure why he shoots as many 3s as he does. He's a combined 2/15 in the bubble and at 28% for the season.
He needs to improve. But then, Ferguson was only shooting 29.5% from there this season himself. He shot better last season but he's not exactly Kyle Korver.

I don't know, I just like a lot of what Lu brings. Most intriguing rookie we've had in several years. Maybe since Steven If you don't count Sabonis (Hopefully Lu is a long term building block unlike Domas).

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 816

Post#13 » by 1bigfan13 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:27 pm

That was a game that I assumed we'd lose once they released the schedule. I'll consider it "found money".

Dort did about as good as one could expect against Lebron given the talent and size disparity. I thought he competed well on the defensive end. It looked like Lebron, & AD as well, were coasting for most of the game. They definitely weren't playing with the same intensity that you see them play with when they go against the Clippers or Bucks.

Bazley's shot was garbage yesterday but he played well overall in other areas so he performance wasn't a complete wash.

Lastly, it was nice to see Adams take advantage of the Lakers lackadaisical defense against him. There were about 3 plays where he caught his man off guard and got easy buckets at the rim because his man assumed he was going to pass. Sucks that he banged his leg up. I was hoping they'd be able to get through the bubble without Adams being gimpy and semi-limited. He's got to start taking better care of himself. Not counting the play where he got hurt, there were about 5 other plays where he hit the ground hard. Someone needs to pull him aside and explain to him the difference between playing hard and playing reckless. Right now I'd argue that he's teetering on the reckless side.
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 816

Post#14 » by 1bigfan13 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:40 pm

Agreed.

And it's not as if Dort is doing anything special. It's the fact that he at least tries. He puts the ball on the floor, he cuts to the rim to make himself available and to move the defense. Bottom line: He COMPETES!

Ferguson rarely does any of that. When given playing time Ferguson spends most of his time floating aimlessly behind the 3-point line and hiding in the corner.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder