ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 2019-20

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,633

Re: Around the NBA 2019-20 

Post#841 » by Saberestar » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:23 pm

Bogdan Bogdanovic 1/15 for the Kings. The Mavs won!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#842 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:57 pm

Clarke vs Holmes...maybe raw stats but Clarke is one of the better defenders in the NBA be it 1 on 1, team, off ball, etc...impact on the floor type players. Raw stats is not a good way to quantify a guy like Clarke. But that's the same way with Bridges too who is often in the same way misjudged and other players overrated based on raw stats.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#843 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter

That sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#844 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:12 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

That sucks.

Man, your draft guys going DOWN. You don't have him in dynasty also do you?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,933

Post#845 » by sunsbg » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:20 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Clarke vs Holmes...maybe raw stats but Clarke is one of the better defenders in the NBA be it 1 on 1, team, off ball, etc...impact on the floor type players. Raw stats is not a good way to quantify a guy like Clarke. But that's the same way with Bridges too who is often in the same way misjudged and other players overrated based on raw stats.

With JJJ out now will be interesting to see how Clarke's numbers hold playing against starters.

As for Bridges still didn't find his D elite against Doncic. Mavs fans also think he couldn't stop Luka from going anywhere he wanted on the court, which was pretty obvious allowing him to score 10pts more than his season average.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#846 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 5, 2020 12:46 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

That sucks.

Man, your draft guys going DOWN. You don't have him in dynasty also do you?
Yeah PJ Washington is lucky Charlotte isn't in Orlando or his leg would fall off or something.

Don't have JJJ on my dynasty team (wish I did). Do have Isaac and Winslow who never got healthy this year plus kemba who's knee is starting to scare me long term.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#847 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 5:52 am

So TJ tied a Indiana franchise record with the most points through 3 games (119). This while shooting over 65% (that includes 23 3s). He shot almost 61% from 3 which included a 1-6 effort, so in the other two games he was over 76% from 3 on 17 attempts. Also had 10 assists to 1 turnover, 7 blocks and 6 steals...10/1 ast/to ratio and 6/1 steal/to ratio. This is all just insane. I hope we can shut him down somehow....or just limit him. Bridges has his work cut out for him.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#848 » by MathiasPW » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:28 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:I have seen this idea a few times and it's wrong. "WE NEEDED"?? No way it was "needed". There were like 50 different options to have the cap space to sign Rubio as a FA and James Jones selected this one.

You don't trade for free a young efficient wing under a friendly long-term contract. A guy who breathes basketball.
Good teams don't make that decisions, they find the way to stay away of those terrible mistakes.

Yeah I was trying to make it sound better than it is lol. Regardless of Jones idiocy of trading for Tyler Johnson that put us in that situation in the first place.

Still could have stretched Tyler Johnson...that saves the money right there. Of course we thought he might be pretty good...bad thought.
Or just make the deal for Rubio heavier on the back-end, when TJo would be off the books.
It was like 2 or 3MM cap that we were short of. We then used the surplus for Baynes, which is a whole different story.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,724

Post#849 » by darmani » Wed Aug 5, 2020 9:09 pm

Dillon Brooks' shot selection is truly horrendous.

Friggin Spurs just won't die.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#850 » by bigfoot » Wed Aug 5, 2020 9:17 pm

darmani wrote:Dillon Brooks' shot selection is truly horrendous.

Friggin Spurs just won't die.

On the bright side, I am jazzed MPJ is on my dynasty team. He and Zion should help me out a ton in the future.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#851 » by Blonde » Wed Aug 5, 2020 9:21 pm

Michael Porter Jr. looks great. He’ll be a solid contributor during the playoffs this year. I remember back in the 2018 draft how much I liked him despite the injury history. But we’ve basically got a lite version of him with Cam Johnson so I’ll take it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#852 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 5, 2020 9:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Hope this isn't serious.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#853 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:52 am

Blonde wrote:Michael Porter Jr. looks great. He’ll be a solid contributor during the playoffs this year. I remember back in the 2018 draft how much I liked him despite the injury history. But we’ve basically got a lite version of him with Cam Johnson so I’ll take it.

I hope one day we're in a position of excess where we can take flyers on guys like MPJ, Bol Bol, Beasley and Jokic etc and without our franchise hinging on them becoming good NBA players. Denver's drafting has been phenomenal.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#854 » by phx#7 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:51 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Blonde wrote:Michael Porter Jr. looks great. He’ll be a solid contributor during the playoffs this year. I remember back in the 2018 draft how much I liked him despite the injury history. But we’ve basically got a lite version of him with Cam Johnson so I’ll take it.

I hope one day we're in a position of excess where we can take flyers on guys like MPJ, Bol Bol, Beasley and Jokic etc and without our franchise hinging on them becoming good NBA players. Denver's drafting has been phenomenal.

It's Jokic's development as a uniquely dominate force that has allowed them to roll the dice. We'll see how people feel about MPJ and Bol in a few years. I don't think any front office doubted their talent, but they dropped for a reason. For players as talented as they are to fall as far as they did their medical reports must be really scary.

Reminds me of Brandon Roy. Everyone knew his injury risk and early on all the talk was about how could teams have passed on him, but shortly after signing a massive deal his career was over and really handicapped the Blazers for years.

Hopefully it works out better for MPJ because he looks every bit the top prospect we was billed going into college.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#855 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:49 am

phx#7 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

It's Jokic's development as a uniquely dominate force that has allowed them to roll the dice. We'll see how people feel about MPJ and Bol in a few years. I don't think any front office doubted their talent, but they dropped for a reason. For players as talented as they are to fall as far as they did their medical reports must be really scary.

Reminds me of Brandon Roy. Everyone knew his injury risk and early on all the talk was about how could teams have passed on him, but shortly after signing a massive deal his career was over and really handicapped the Blazers for years.

Hopefully it works out better for MPJ because he looks every bit the top prospect we was billed going into college.

My point is exactly that teams passed on him because of the injury red flags (just like they did with Bol) and couldn't take the risk of taking him earlier in the draft. The Nuggets were going to be fine even if MPJ never becomes anything because they were already playing with house money at that point with Jokic and Murray running the show.

I wish we were playing with house money and able to take that kind of risk. Not to rehash the 2019 draft but we might've gone a different direction (Luka) if we weren't so desperate for a "sure thing".
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#856 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 6:06 am

I remember, as the draft was going, before the Bridges trade, when it got to like the 12th pick, I thought that is Porter gets to 17 (or wherever our 2nd pick was), if we would take him...likely not, but of course Denver takes him at like 14.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#857 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 6:09 am

phx#7 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

It's kind of amazing how forgotten he is as where he was as a prospect...he was ahead of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Trae, Bamba....all those guys..he was #1...like compared to Durant...and he had a monster game the other night. Luckily Denver is probably my 2nd favorite team in the west, but they are going to be a juggernaut for years if they stay healthy and those guys like Porter and Bol live up to their perceived potential.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#858 » by Revived » Thu Aug 6, 2020 10:26 am

I can’t help but think that Toronto is the next San Antonio. Great well run organization with elite front office and extremely well coached. Will be a contender or semi contender every season regardless of anything else. Thank god at least they’re in the East.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#859 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:23 pm

How many superstar are currently in the NBA and is Lebron at age 35 still consired one?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,247

Post#860 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:35 pm

Revived wrote:I can’t help but think that Toronto is the next San Antonio. Great well run organization with elite front office and extremely well coached. Will be a contender or semi contender every season regardless of anything else. Thank god at least they’re in the East.

I believe they are capable in succeeding over a long period of time. Their President Masai has done a terrific job bringing in the right players who fit the team. Don't know much about Bobby Webster their general manager but he was brought in in 2017. At last, they brought in Nick Nurse who changed their offensive style to fit more of a euro style of tons of passing and more three point attempts and also made them a great defensive team. Keep those 3 geniuses together for a good decade and reap the rewards.

Return to Phoenix Suns