ImageImageImage

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#641 » by dirkforpres » Wed Jul 8, 2020 7:07 pm

Archx wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Archx wrote:
I thought you were a Mavs fan :P :P

But seriously, who in their right mind would think Lamelo will be a good NBA player or even someone who you would pair up with Luka :lol: From what i saw how Lamelo plays in some 3rd grade Australian league, Luka would kick his ass out of the gym.

And why would this team give up on Maxi and DFS, who are becoming an integral part of this team?

Also, did people forget that Mavs won't rebuild through draft anymore? Instead they will focus on trades and FA signings.

Of course I’m a Mavs fan, but let’s be realistic- DFS and Maxi arent likely to make any all star games or all nba teams in the future, and 9/10 times a trade is won by who gets the best player in the deal, which a #1 pick would almost surely become.

Lamelo looks good, don’t discount overseas leagues... He looks better than Lonzo at that age, which is saying something (despite how much people want to dump on him). Personally, I’d still take Edwards over Ball for what it’s worth though.

To have a potential big 3 all under the age of 26, all the while clearing even more cap space for 2021, it would be a no brainer

He's playing in a league where an 80yo Bogut was MVP :P I'm from EU and i can tell you Australian league is nowhere close to top EU leagues. I've seen him being compared to Doncic for example, which should basically be a crime :D

25% from 3PT and needs to have ball in his hands to do something. From what i have seen he's an inefficient chucker. You really want to play Doncic off ball?

Again, DFS and Maxi are way too good to give up for an unproven rookie that will set you back 3-4 years. You just waste KP's and Doncic's early years of potential playoff experience.

I mean look, I would usually agree with you on the rebuild, but i'm just repeating what Mavs front office already told us before.

Doesn’t matter anyway. Golden State didn’t just throw away a year of basketball to end up with Wiggins, DFS, Maxi, and a non-lotto pick.

Like I said though, Edwards is the best player in the draft and you could even argue Wiseman as 2nd best over Lamelo. So if the Mavs somehow grabbed the Warriors pick and that’s all it required, they better take it and run with it like the Porzingis deal. This move would set up a potential dynasty having 3 talented young guys growing on the court each year plus the cap space we save
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#642 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 7:07 pm

Archx wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Archx wrote:

But seriously, who in their right mind would think Lamelo will be a good NBA player or even someone who you would pair up with Luka :lol: From what i saw how Lamelo plays in some 3rd grade Australian league, Luka would kick his ass out of the gym.

And why would this team give up on Maxi and DFS, who are becoming an integral part of this team? I love DFS and Maxi but # 1 is too good an asset, if you don't want to recruit any newbies you can trade maybe you can catch Isaak, Oladipo, Collins, Thibulle, Porter jr or whoever you like or fit on the timeline

Also, did people forget that Mavs won't rebuild through draft anymore? Instead they will focus on trades and FA signings.

Of course I’m a Mavs fan, but let’s be realistic- DFS and Maxi arent likely to make any all star games or all nba teams in the future, and 9/10 times a trade is won by who gets the best player in the deal, which a #1 pick would almost surely become.

Lamelo looks good, don’t discount overseas leagues... He looks better than Lonzo at that age, which is saying something (despite how much people want to dump on him). Personally, I’d still take Edwards over Ball for what it’s worth though.

To have a potential big 3 all under the age of 26, all the while clearing even more cap space for 2021, it would be a no brainer

He's playing in a league where an 80yo Bogut was MVP :P I'm from EU and i can tell you Australian league is nowhere close to top EU leagues. I've seen him being compared to Doncic for example, which should basically be a crime :D

25% from 3PT and needs to have ball in his hands to do something. From what i have seen he's an inefficient chucker. You really want to play Doncic off ball?

Again, DFS and Maxi are way too good to give up for an unproven rookie that will set you back 3-4 years. You just waste KP's and Doncic's early years of potential playoff experience.

I mean look, I would usually agree with you on the rebuild, but i'm just repeating what Mavs front office already told us before.
1+1=11
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#643 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jul 8, 2020 7:09 pm

Archx wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Archx wrote:

And why would this team give up on Maxi and DFS, who are becoming an integral part of this team?

I love DFS and Maxi but # 1 is too good an asset, if you don't want to recruit any newbies you can trade maybe you can catch Isaak, Oladipo, Collins, Thibulle, Porter jr or whoever you like or fit on the timeline
1+1=11
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#644 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Archx wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Archx wrote:

I would hate to make this trade but we’d have to. That said, no way GSW would do it.

The great thing about Curry, Kleber and DFS is that they are (a) all on great deals that will be hard to fill their roles otherwise and (b) great fits next to Luka and KP.

While that can’t be the reasons you don’t take a chance on a 3rd star, there aren’t many deals I’ll like that involve them. Those 3 + THJ are players I want on this team as we build this roster with Luka and KP. We are really one player away from a title contention in my opinion.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#645 » by arkuo » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:05 pm

I'd like for the Mavs to be able to trade for Jonathan Isaac while his value is at an all time low. They are also one of the few teams who can wait out for an ACL to heal. I'd imagine Isaac would be the perfect defensive PF beside Porizigis in the paint. Would not take touches away from KP and is able to switch to smaller guards. There was a time when Tyson Chandler was branded as injury prone and would not last a whole season in an NBA roster. But Casey Smith was able to work his magic with Tyson here. I'd imagine he can do the same to Isaac who is just 22?
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#646 » by ejs78 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:34 pm

Or they can see what happens after next year with his QO.

I love the kid and we know this team needs defense.
arkuo wrote:I'd like for the Mavs to be able to trade for Jonathan Isaac while his value is at an all time low. They are also one of the few teams who can wait out for an ACL to heal. I'd imagine Isaac would be the perfect defensive PF beside Porizigis in the paint. Would not take touches away from KP and is able to switch to smaller guards. There was a time when Tyson Chandler was branded as injury prone and would not last a whole season in an NBA roster. But Casey Smith was able to work his magic with Tyson here. I'd imagine he can do the same to Isaac who is just 22?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#647 » by Darren » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:21 pm

Hardaway, Wright & Jackson along with 18 to Indiana for oladipo, McDermott & McConnell, anyone?

If there's no 3D player available at 18, I'm open to unload some pieces for potential nice role players on expiring contract. If Victor works out well, then the Mavs get a real deal.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#648 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:37 pm

Darren wrote:Hardaway, Wright & Jackson along with 18 to Indiana for oladipo, McDermott & McConnell, anyone?

If there's no 3D player available at 18, I'm open to unload some pieces for potential nice role players on expiring contract. If Victor works out well, then the Mavs get a real deal.

Indiana easily passes. If they are moving Oladipo, they can get better offers.

The Mavericks generally do not have assets to acquire a true 3rd star. We are only getting that player in the near future via free agency. And to even get close, Brunson, DFS and some kind of lightly protected 2025 pick have to be involved.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#649 » by Michaellam1987 » Wed Aug 5, 2020 10:37 am

arkuo wrote:I'd like for the Mavs to be able to trade for Jonathan Isaac while his value is at an all time low. They are also one of the few teams who can wait out for an ACL to heal. I'd imagine Isaac would be the perfect defensive PF beside Porizigis in the paint. Would not take touches away from KP and is able to switch to smaller guards. There was a time when Tyson Chandler was branded as injury prone and would not last a whole season in an NBA roster. But Casey Smith was able to work his magic with Tyson here. I'd imagine he can do the same to Isaac who is just 22?

Player like Isaac basically fit every team, wonder ORL is willing to trade him away, unless his injury is too serious that can’t fully recover.....
Darren
RealGM

Post#650 » by Darren » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:27 am

Isaac is great defender who can guard multiple positions. I don't think the Mavs could offer anything nearly enough compared what could be offered from some lottery team. Michael Porter has consecutive breakout games after replacing Barton in starting lineup. The Mavs is dumb not to take on Kenneth Faried and #14 for Porter now.

By the way, I am getting serious for a second/third option. I think the Mavs are better off unloading all non-core pieces for cap space. Porzingis-Grant-Doncic-Ntilikina-VanVleet is pretty damn good young core which could be had if the Mavs could unload all non-core pieces. FVV is unrestricted. So is Jerami Grant. Ntilikina could be had for a pick or 2, I believe.

Curry 30, Hardaway 28, Powell 28, Wright 27, Kleber 28, DFS 27, Boban 34, Barea 36 might not fit the timeline of the core at all. FVV can ball and is playoff-tested 2nd option. FVV is also great and clutch shooter with good defense. As a 2nd/3rd option, FVV is just right. Yes, Giannis is great fit. But the chance is slim. And building a deep team is nearly impossible unless the Mavs is able to find raw rookies as rotation pieces.

C - KP
PF - Grant
SF - Doncic
SG - Ntilikina
PG - FVV
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#651 » by Heezzi » Thu Aug 6, 2020 1:25 pm

Darren wrote:
C - KP
PF - Grant
SF - Doncic
SG - Ntilikina
PG - FVV

This is terrible. FVV isn't a PG and Ntilikina isn't a SG.
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#652 » by deb » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:47 pm

Heezzi wrote:
Darren wrote:
C - KP
PF - Grant
SF - Doncic
SG - Ntilikina
PG - FVV

This is terrible. FVV isn't a PG and Ntilikina isn't a SG.

Plus, freeing up mavs capspace by getting rid of contracts would probably require attaching additional value to them, further depleting the already nearly empty mavs cupboard. And that's without any guarantees the desired FAs actually sign here. Look at how well that worked for the Knicks in the KP trade.
aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#653 » by aguiar95 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 6:59 pm

I feel the best option for us is to move up (reasonable trade, anything but Luka/KP) and grab Devin Vassell. He's the best 3&D prospect in a while. Defensive IQ. Help defense, Perimeter defense, PNR defense, On-ball defense, you name it. His ceiling is not high so he won't be drafted top-5, but he's an awesome fit here. I truly believe, the same way Luka was the GOAT european prospect, Vassell is the GOAT 3&D prospect.

For that bruiser PF, T. Young, J. Johnson, P. Millsap (MLE) could fill that role short-term (can't really see anyone but AG for that role long-term).

Dream scenario:

Trade 1 = T. Young for D. Wright.

Trade 2 = #18, #31, '25 1st for D. Vassell (#7-#11).

Luka/Brunson
THJ/Curry
Vassell/DFS
Young/Kleber
KP/Powell

In '21, when THJ expires (no extensions please), we can try and sign another good 3&D wing like Oubre/Richardson/Holiday/Anunoby/OPJ/Hayward.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#654 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:32 pm

I like the businesses you publish. I'm not sure they can be done Why would Bulls eat Delon's extra year without incentives I'm not sure # 18 # 31 will get you that far down, I think # 7 or # 11 prefer Vassell too ... maybe we can get to # 14 and catch someone like Bey
1+1=11
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#655 » by arkuo » Fri Aug 7, 2020 6:25 pm

The chances of Giannis coming in 2021 are slim. Just go straight and offer Duncan Robinson a contract the Heat cant match. That shot is pure. Imagine the spacing between him, Doncic and Porzingis. With DFS still in the far end corner. Robinson is closely becoming a Klay Thompson.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#656 » by ejs78 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 10:21 pm

I'm in on Green and both the Beys.

Really hope the Mavs just draft both picks unless something they cant resist falls in their lap. 2 solid picks could easily eat into DFS role and eliminate Jackson.

FA wise no splash needs to be made this summer nor do I think they'll have the money depending on THjr

This is year 2 of a rebuild which I fully don't think will be near completion until after 2021 FA. Have patience and hope the FO doesn't make panic moves.
Mike lorenzo wrote:I like the businesses you publish. I'm not sure they can be done Why would Bulls eat Delon's extra year without incentives I'm not sure # 18 # 31 will get you that far down, I think # 7 or # 11 prefer Vassell too ... maybe we can get to # 14 and catch someone like Bey

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Post#657 » by Teffer10 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 9:49 am

ejs78 wrote:I'm in on Green and both the Beys.

Really hope the Mavs just draft both picks unless something they cant resist falls in their lap. 2 solid picks could easily eat into DFS role and eliminate Jackson.

FA wise no splash needs to be made this summer nor do I think they'll have the money depending on THjr

This is year 2 of a rebuild which I fully don't think will be near completion until after 2021 FA. Have patience and hope the FO doesn't make panic moves.
Mike lorenzo wrote:I like the businesses you publish. I'm not sure they can be done Why would Bulls eat Delon's extra year without incentives I'm not sure # 18 # 31 will get you that far down, I think # 7 or # 11 prefer Vassell too ... maybe we can get to # 14 and catch someone like Bey

Yeah, I'm thinking Green should be our guy if we keep our pick.
I'd definitely trade both picks for Vassell but Green would be a great fit from the beginning and has a tremendous upside.
He's a great defender with good size and strength who can guard at least 3 positions and extremely athletic which is something our SL could use. His shooting will have to improve but he is a good ball handler and has the potential to become a nice 2nd option playmaker. He's one of few projected in the middle to late round of the draft with real star potential.

I wouldn't touch either of the Beys with our picks. No upside and most likely role player potential which we have a roster full of those.

I still like Reed as our 2nd round pick and we might be able to trade back to get him and perhaps pickup another pick.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#658 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Aug 8, 2020 10:21 am

If Green seems to fit the needs ... but the boy is reportedly raw ... it would be a long term thing. low floor but high ceiling in that framework i love Patrick Williams / J.Ramsey / Green in that order
1+1=11
Darren
RealGM

Post#659 » by Darren » Sat Aug 8, 2020 12:42 pm

Dallas-Denver trade:
Barton, Grant, KBP, Bol Bol for Powell, Wright, Boban, #18, #31.

C - KP / Kleber / Bol Bol
PF - Grant / DFS
SF - Doncic / KBP
SG - Hardaway / Barton
PG - Curry / Brunson

Denver may have a tough decision on Milsap and Porter. Getting picks for Grant and unproven rookies make sense. Meanwhile, Barton could replace Hardway in 2021. And surely, Barton is more capable and movable than Powell and Wright's contract. KBP is exactly the kind of defender that the Mavs needed. This could make it less risky in 2021 with a possibly losing DFS in FA while waiting for big fishes. Bol Bol could offer another possibility for a big lineup.

Denver may interest in Boban-Jokic reunion in NBA. Powell could be still be more servible big than Plumlee who will leave in FA. Powell's contract end when Porter's rookie contract is up. Technically, this may not ruin Denver's long-term plan at all.

As for the Mavs, to start alongside KP and Doncic, ideally, a shot-blocking PF who could roll at elite rate and guard multiple positions may get the Mavs a lot of possibility. If the Mavs find mutual interests with FVV, Curry, Hardway, Barton, Kleber and even DFS and Brunson are movable possibly with picks coming back. So the Mavs could have a young core to go with oladipo in 2021 for example.

C - KP
PF - Grant
SF - Doncic
SG - oladipo
PG - FVV

That's very good starting lineup efficiency and age-wise. And the Mavs also gets a depth bench with picks coming back for the veterans.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 921

Post#660 » by Captain_Obvious » Sat Aug 8, 2020 3:49 pm

Darren wrote:Dallas-Denver trade:
Barton, Grant, KBP, Bol Bol for Powell, Wright, Boban, #18, #31.

C - KP / Kleber / Bol Bol
PF - Grant / DFS
SF - Doncic / KBP
SG - Hardaway / Barton
PG - Curry / Brunson

Denver may have a tough decision on Milsap and Porter. Getting picks for Grant and unproven rookies make sense. Meanwhile, Barton could replace Hardway in 2021. And surely, Barton is more capable and movable than Powell and Wright's contract. KBP is exactly the kind of defender that the Mavs needed. This could make it less risky in 2021 with a possibly losing DFS in FA while waiting for big fishes. Bol Bol could offer another possibility for a big lineup.

Denver may interest in Boban-Jokic reunion in NBA. Powell could be still be more servible big than Plumlee who will leave in FA. Powell's contract end when Porter's rookie contract is up. Technically, this may not ruin Denver's long-term plan at all.

As for the Mavs, to start alongside KP and Doncic, ideally, a shot-blocking PF who could roll at elite rate and guard multiple positions may get the Mavs a lot of possibility. If the Mavs find mutual interests with FVV, Curry, Hardway, Barton, Kleber and even DFS and Brunson are movable possibly with picks coming back. So the Mavs could have a young core to go with oladipo in 2021 for example.

C - KP
PF - Grant
SF - Doncic
SG - oladipo
PG - FVV

That's very good starting lineup efficiency and age-wise. And the Mavs also gets a depth bench with picks coming back for the veterans.

This makes zero sense.

You mention yourself that Barton, mind you only a small part of the lopsided trade, is more valuable than Wright and Powell (thats not hard, Dwight is done and Delon sucks). Yet you add Bol Bol, Grant (they traded their own pick for him!; is a S/T even possible?) while dumping all our bad contracts for those low value first round picks on Denver. And for what? Because they face a tough decision to extend Millsap? So you add 20 Millions for Dwight and Delon? WHY???????????????

Who the f is KBP? Keita Bates-Diop? They just throw their prospect in their as well?

You are so detached from reality I can only assume you were banned from the trade board. At least I hope so because you make Dallas fans look like idiots.

Edit: DFS is signed till 2022. So another headscratcher.

Return to Dallas Mavericks