The Consiglieri
Starter
And1: 510

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#1221 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:32 am

JWizmentality wrote:
prime1time wrote:
TGW wrote:
Yea, I'm not sure why I got that response...I actually do like and actively root for Rui. Like I said, he's easy to root for because he's a good kid, BUT he needs a lot of work on his game.

I hate to mention that other person who shall not be named, but I think Rui should take notes on unsaid player. Some of Rui's problem is that he doesn't get the easy hoops. Much of his offense comes from contested midrange shots and shots in the paint. Instead of getting easy garbage buckets from running the floor hard, moving without the ball, and diving to the basket on PnPs, he often settles for one-on-one (or two, or three) hero ball. There's nothing wrong with garbage buckets...I wish the coaching staff would tell him that. A little trash removal turns those 4-12 shooting nights into a 7-12 shooting night.

On a positive note, I am really digging Rui's ast/to ratio. It's very good, considering how much he handles the ball.

This is a very different comment than your previous one. But I'm confused. Is calling someone a mediocre basketball player praise? Is it putting their flaws in context and talking about ways to develop? What was Kawhi at San Diego State? A mediocre basketball player? What was Bradley Beal in his first year? A mediocre basketball player? To phrase it another way, how many rookies aren't medicore basketball players? I'm all for analyzing game and talking about ways he can improve. But even this comment, blowing up 4-12 like that's the norm when for the season he shot 47% from the field strikes me as bizarre. What would rookie Kawhi have done on this Wizards team if asked to attack as much as Rui?

Now none of this means that he'll become Kawhi. Kawhi has an amazing growth curve. But it does mean that comments that are simply disparaging and nothing else will be pointed out. Not because anything you have posted personally, but because other people in this same thread have made it a point to constantly remind everyone else that Rui was unworthy of being picked and he's not as good as Brandon Clarke. To be honest, we should probably rename the thread Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke...

P.S. Apologies if for reading too much into your comment

This 10000% You would think Rui was 5 years into his NBA career. We weren't even 2 months in before we had a trade Rui movement in the trade thread. His flaws are ridiculously magnified like no other rookie I've seen on this board. And this is a kid that will make the All rookie team.

It's 1 or 2 posters and one of them has an agenda in one hand and a hatchet in the other since Brandon Clarke wasn't our selection (and I love Clarke too). This isn't a Clarke thread, and the idea that anyone and everyone doesn't already have the pro-clarks and anti-Rui take down 8 ways from Sunday is comical. We offing Get it, move the off on (and I say that as someone who can beat a dead horse for decades on end at times, so I understand the perspective, but it's important to note that the audience is well aware of the take from every angle and needs no further direction based upon it).
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1222 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:50 pm

The Consiglieri wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
prime1time wrote:This is a very different comment than your previous one. But I'm confused. Is calling someone a mediocre basketball player praise? Is it putting their flaws in context and talking about ways to develop? What was Kawhi at San Diego State? A mediocre basketball player? What was Bradley Beal in his first year? A mediocre basketball player? To phrase it another way, how many rookies aren't medicore basketball players? I'm all for analyzing game and talking about ways he can improve. But even this comment, blowing up 4-12 like that's the norm when for the season he shot 47% from the field strikes me as bizarre. What would rookie Kawhi have done on this Wizards team if asked to attack as much as Rui?

Now none of this means that he'll become Kawhi. Kawhi has an amazing growth curve. But it does mean that comments that are simply disparaging and nothing else will be pointed out. Not because anything you have posted personally, but because other people in this same thread have made it a point to constantly remind everyone else that Rui was unworthy of being picked and he's not as good as Brandon Clarke. To be honest, we should probably rename the thread Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke...

This 10000% You would think Rui was 5 years into his NBA career. We weren't even 2 months in before we had a trade Rui movement in the trade thread. His flaws are ridiculously magnified like no other rookie I've seen on this board. And this is a kid that will make the All rookie team.

It's 1 or 2 posters and one of them has an agenda in one hand and a hatchet in the other since Brandon Clarke wasn't our selection (and I love Clarke too). This isn't a Clarke thread, and the idea that anyone and everyone doesn't already have the pro-clarks and anti-Rui take down 8 ways from Sunday is comical. We offing Get it, move the off on (and I say that as someone who can beat a dead horse for decades on end at times, so I understand the perspective, but it's important to note that the audience is well aware of the take from every angle and needs no further direction based upon it).

Well, this is called realgm.com for a reason. People - like me - are going propose trades that make sense to them. If they/me think a player is overrated, they'll probably say it and consider trades involving them - especially when the team and player keeps on playing poorly.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
The Consiglieri
Starter

Post#1223 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:21 pm

Was not referencing you and I have no issue w/proposing trades or anything of that sort, I just take issue w/literally hundreds of posts exploring the same sentiment over and over again which have come to make the word “redundant” develop a severe case of PTSD.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#1224 » by JWizmentality » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:03 pm

Ruzious wrote:
The Consiglieri wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

Well, this is called realgm.com for a reason. People - like me - are going propose trades that make sense to them. If they/me think a player is overrated, they'll probably say it and consider trades involving them - especially when the team and player keeps on playing poorly.

Rui is at 13pts/6rbs/1.8ast/46.8%FG/28%3pt/82%FT with a PER (ugh) of 13.47

while

Bradley Beal averaged 14pts/3.8rbs/2.4ast/41%FG/38%3pt/78%FT with a PER (ugh) of 13.69 as a rookie.

I don't recall ANYONE suggesting Beal was "mediorce" "trash" "never going to be nothing more than a bench player"

or bringing him up in the trade thread (not that it would have been an issue).

The point is, the criticism of Rui on this board has been ridiculously harsh and obviously stems from quite a bit of ego driven laptop GMs' eagerness to prove themselves "right" about a draft pick just a few months into a rookie's career. Beal was the consensus pick, so all was peachy and patient. Rui wasn't on anyone's radar so all the laptop GMs have the pitchforks at the ready to defend their honor. Can't imagine what the atmosphere around here will be if Rui follows say....I dunno...Bradley Beal's improvement into year 2. What was his PER?....14.32? God help Rui. :roll:
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1225 » by payitforward » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:22 pm

The Consiglieri wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
prime1time wrote:This is a very different comment than your previous one. But I'm confused. Is calling someone a mediocre basketball player praise? Is it putting their flaws in context and talking about ways to develop? What was Kawhi at San Diego State? A mediocre basketball player? What was Bradley Beal in his first year? A mediocre basketball player? To phrase it another way, how many rookies aren't medicore basketball players? I'm all for analyzing game and talking about ways he can improve. But even this comment, blowing up 4-12 like that's the norm when for the season he shot 47% from the field strikes me as bizarre. What would rookie Kawhi have done on this Wizards team if asked to attack as much as Rui?

Balls, Consiglieri. Pure BS. Why don't you point to the last time I brought up Brandon Clarke?

Above all, why don't you try to find even a single post, just one, in which I said that we should have taken Brandon Clarke at #9 instead of Rui. You'll have a hard time, because I never did.

What I did say was that we should have traded down. Would you like me to say that again, so you can accuse me of repeating myself? Glad to oblige: we should have traded down. There... happy?

As to suggestions to trade Rui -- every player should be available for trade. Every single one. No exceptions. It's all about the deal. That strikes me as fairly obvious.

Nor am I a "rui-hater." How many times do I have to say that I think the kid has a shot to be an outstanding NBA player? I don't think it's a given. But, only a fool would think it's a given.

So, I'm not the one who needs to move on. You are.

For the record, of the 8 guys taken before Rui in 2019, 5 of them have been worse (a lot worse!) than him.

Of the 10 guys taken right after Rui (i.e. #10-#19) only one -- Cameron Johnson -- has been better than Rui.

So far, in other words, Rui has been better than R.J. Barrett, DeAndre Hunter, Darius Garland, Jarrett Culver, & Coby White.

He's also been better than Cam Reddish, PJ Washington, Tyler Herro, Romeo Langford, Gogo Bitadze & some other mid-R1 picks who didn't play at all.

OTOH, there have been some lower picks (Cody Martin for example) who have been better NBA performers out of the box. & some no-name rookies as well who have really been surprising (Terence Davis, for example).

Of course, "better than" whatever is not the same as "good." So far, Rui has not been good. But, really, you know that.

In fact, only a few rookies have been really good (performed well compared to all the guys, not just rookies, at their positions). That list might include, Morant, Javonte Green, Matt Thomas, terence Davis, Michael Porter, Cameron Johnson, Jaxon Hayes, Cody Martin, & Clarke.

(Note that "good" also doesn't mean "promising." Thus, Zion has scored well; but, however promising he is, he's been a below average rebounder, & he turns the ball over a ton. Makes it hard to be "good" overall.)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1226 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:31 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
The Consiglieri wrote:It's 1 or 2 posters and one of them has an agenda in one hand and a hatchet in the other since Brandon Clarke wasn't our selection (and I love Clarke too). This isn't a Clarke thread, and the idea that anyone and everyone doesn't already have the pro-clarks and anti-Rui take down 8 ways from Sunday is comical. We offing Get it, move the off on (and I say that as someone who can beat a dead horse for decades on end at times, so I understand the perspective, but it's important to note that the audience is well aware of the take from every angle and needs no further direction based upon it).

while

Bradley Beal averaged 14pts/3.8rbs/2.4ast/41%FG/38%3pt/78%FT with a PER (ugh) of 13.69 as a rookie.

I don't recall ANYONE suggesting Beal was "mediorce" "trash" "never going to be nothing more than a bench player"

The point is, the criticism of Rui on this board has been ridiculously harsh and obviously stems from quite a bit of ego driven laptop GMs' eagerness to prove themselves "right" about a draft pick just a few months into a rookie's career. Beal was the consensus pick, so all was peachy and patient. Rui wasn't on anyone's radar so all the laptop GMs have the pitchforks at the ready to defend their honor. Can't imagine what the atmosphere around here will be if Rui follows say....I dunno...Bradley Beal's improvement into year 2. What was his PER?....14.32? God help Rui. :roll:

Who's called Rui trash or anything even close to that?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1227 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:50 pm

Pif, you're absurdly harsh on Zion. He's had a terrific rookie year - all things considered. He's scored at a terrific rate and done it very efficiently. He's done everything else reasonably well. Unless you were expecting him to be LeBron or even the great Otto Porter, he met all expectations.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#1228 » by JWizmentality » Thu Aug 6, 2020 9:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Well, this is called realgm.com for a reason. People - like me - are going propose trades that make sense to them. If they/me think a player is overrated, they'll probably say it and consider trades involving them - especially when the team and player keeps on playing poorly.

while

Who's called Rui trash or anything even close to that?

Oh, it has been said. I don't keep track of who says what but I've keep mental notes of some of the comments on this board.
The Consiglieri
Starter

Post#1229 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Aug 6, 2020 9:37 pm

payitforward wrote:
The Consiglieri wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:This 10000% You would think Rui was 5 years into his NBA career. We weren't even 2 months in before we had a trade Rui movement in the trade thread. His flaws are ridiculously magnified like no other rookie I've seen on this board. And this is a kid that will make the All rookie team.

Balls, Consiglieri. Pure BS. Why don't you point to the last time I brought up Brandon Clarke?

Above all, why don't you try to find even a single post, just one, in which I said that we should have taken Brandon Clarke at #9 instead of Rui. You'll have a hard time, because I never did.

What I did say was that we should have traded down. Would you like me to say that again, so you can accuse me of repeating myself? Glad to oblige: we should have traded down. There... happy?

As to suggestions to trade Rui -- every player should be available for trade. Every single one. No exceptions. It's all about the deal. That strikes me as fairly obvious.

Nor am I a "rui-hater." How many times do I have to say that I think the kid has a shot to be an outstanding NBA player? I don't think it's a given. But, only a fool would think it's a given.

So, I'm not the one who needs to move on. You are.....

I think you just protested a bit too much, don’t you?
Kind of gives the game away. As for moving on? I post here like a half dozen or so days total a year so what am I moving on from exactly? Have I exhausted you w/my posting rate of 1 post per 57 days since I signed up circa ‘07 or thereabouts? I’m at best a semi-periodic lurker.

I just think you have much more relevant and worthwhile things to discuss than Clarke’s greatness or Rui’s inferiority to him for the 1343rd time since January. You have loads of takes to give, I don’t. Share some thoughts on the ‘20 class some more, how to potentially take advantage of High School classes potentially coming in in ‘22, how to attract free agents when we’ve been a dumpster fire since Reagan was inaugurated. Or you just do you. Just realize on this topic were more than aware of your take on it.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#1230 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:18 pm

payitforward wrote:
doclinkin wrote:...the case of Rui.... With two allstars in our backcourt we need front court players who can synergize with them. The one thing that Rui did well in college was to score efficiently. Even without much 3pt range, or overwhelming trips to the FT line....

It's true. So maybe when we talk about his development, we would be best to hope for his returning to that .639 TS% of his last year at Gonzaga -- or close to it anyway.

Still... one aspect of synergizing with the back court would be to help give them more chances to shine, more possessions. & in that same senior year that featured the flashy TS%, Rui managed 8.6 boards & 1.3 steals per 40 minutes as against 2.4 TOs. That's a net 7.5 possessions he gave his team. As an NBA rookie, he's got that number up to 7.9. That's a "synergy" problem for a 4. An average NBA 4 gets his team 11 of those extra chances.

doclinkin wrote:...If this team had a dangerous frontcourt scorer, then our back court becomes more efficient as well....

& if the team had a front court guy who got those 11 possessions per 40 minutes for other guys & also posted a 67% TS% (as against Rui's 54.3%) while he scored 20% more points than Rui as well, why that too would be good. Especially if he'd been available in the same draft as Rui. Right?

Of course, that guy doesn't exist, does he? That's asking too much, right? Except, he does. We both know who I'm thinking of.

doclinkin wrote:...Troy plays a distributing G/F. A role he shares with a few other players. So far he hasn't shown great chemsitry with the starters. Nor the ability to beat his match up. He's smart. A Glue guy. He scores on floaters and junk plays. Rebounds well for his size. No great range. No shut down Defense. Not dominant athleticism. But he plays within himself and finds ways to help the team. Not a flashy player is all. And has positional redundancy with our high usage back court. Yes he rebounds better than the rest of our front court. That says less about him than it does the rest of the team. If he had a more reliable 3 and D game, he would get more attention. As it stands he is projecting as a reliable captain of the 2nd team....

Ooooh, I don't know about that, doc. If he's still doing all that when he's 24 you'll be right for sure. But, when I see a guy who's just turned 20 come into his second year in the league & perform at a level significantly above an average guy at his position, not to mention the positional versatility TBJ obvious has, I'm not likely to project him based on what he's done so far. I'm likely to think I have a potentially tremendous player in that guy.

doclinkin wrote:...Bonga, he's sneaky good, in the exact same way Troy Brown is. Passing, surprising handles for a lanky player, no great outside shot, good with angles and lanes and timing..., similar to Troy....

Rinse & repeat what I wrote about TBJ just above. Except Bonga is even younger! But, I'm not so sure about "no great outside shot" as he develops -- he did shoot the 3 at 40%, right? 81.4% on FTs. 57.4% on 2-pointers. Not that he shot a lot! Still, made shots give you a higher opinion of a player than do missed shots; pretty sure of that.

doclinkin wrote:...so far with two of them we still aren't winning....

True enough. Good as they both are, it's their future that is really intrigueing.

doclinkin wrote:...Which brings us to Bryant. Centers have a reduced role in this era. They need to be mobile outside/in on defense. Switching and setting screens to let the ball handlers work over the defense and the refs. The role of a center even traditionally was as defensive anchor, rebounder, shot deterrent. Bryant has shown he can hit a shot and score efficiently and that's nice. But as the keystone defender on a historically bad defense, he hasn't earned a ton of respect. He's a notch slow laterally, even if he does run the floor willingly up and down. He does not intimidate and deter shots with his length and verticality. He does not rebound outside of his standing radius. Doesn't really box out, nor set punishing screens. He scores efficiently when you get him the ball in good position....

A guy who can get you 20 points per 40 minutes at a .66 TS% in a down year(!) -- while also grabbing an above average number of rebounds for a big, shooting 40% on 3s, & being above average in a bunch of other categories as well... I'd say that he's going to have to work on his defense if he wants to be a star in the league.

Especially if he's as old as Bryant is -- the guy is 6 months older than Rui Hachimura after all. I tell you what: it'll be great when Rui is as good a player as Thomas Bryant. I mean "if" he ever is.

Still you are right overall. Rui was a high draft pick; he'll get a much longer rope than these other guys. If we're lucky, he'll be worth that.

doclinkin wrote:...Right now we don't have the pieces or talent or players or coaching or chemistry to be a good team....

True enough -- but the problem ain't Brown/Bonga/Bryant. We had 12 guys play for us this season who were at well below average production for their positions. They played a lot of minutes. Turns winning into a wall climb!

If there's a way the Wizards need to draft Wiseman and Jalen Smith.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1231 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:24 pm

I haven't watch a second of the restart season. I have NO CLUE how any Wizards players appear to be playing.

Team Info at a glance:
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Washington-Wizards/30/Rosters/Current/2020

7/31/2020 Loss to Phoenix box score
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-07-31/Phoenix-at-Washington/359587
Rui scored well and shot 8-15. Dario Saric and Cameron Johnson shot 9-14. Wizards lost. What defense?

8/2/2020 Loss to Brooklyn box score
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-08-02/Washington-at-Brooklyn/359596
Brooklyn comments: How dumb are the Wizards. JARRETT ALLEN is flat better than Rui Hachimura will ever be. To get rid of a bad Grunfeld move, signing Andrew Nicholson, Washington GAVE the Nets the difference in the two teams.

8/3/2020 Loss to Indiana box score
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-08-03/Indiana-at-Washington/359604
Indy comments: Looks from the box like Warner and Turner dominated. Twelve shots only 9 points Rui. Jakar Sampson of the Pacers also had a better stat line than Rui.

8/5/2020 Loss to Philadelphia box score
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-08-05/Philadelphia-at-Washington/359615
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1232 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Aug 6, 2020 11:39 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I haven't watch a second of the restart season. I have NO CLUE how any Wizards players appear to be playing.

Team Info at a glance:
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Washington-Wizards/30/Rosters/Current/2020

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-07-31/Phoenix-at-Washington/359587
Rui scored well and shot 8-15. Dario Saric and Cameron Johnson shot 9-14. Wizards lost. What defense?

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-08-02/Washington-at-Brooklyn/359596
Brooklyn comments: How dumb are the Wizards. JARRETT ALLEN is flat better than Rui Hachimura will ever be. To get rid of a bad Grunfeld move, signing Andrew Nicholson, Washington GAVE the Nets the difference in the two teams.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-08-03/Indiana-at-Washington/359604
Indy comments: Looks from the box like Warner and Turner dominated. Twelve shots only 9 points Rui. Jakar Sampson of the Pacers also had a better stat line than Rui.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/boxscore/2020-08-05/Philadelphia-at-Washington/359615

Philly comments: 8 points on 2-11 shooting. Great.

MY COMMENT: Rui's not that good and the Wizards never draft all that well.
Bye bye Beal.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#1233 » by JWizmentality » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I haven't watch a second of the restart season. I have NO CLUE how any Wizards players appear to be playing.

Team Info at a glance:

I haven't watched any basketball

My conclusion: Rui sucks.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1234 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:Pif, you're absurdly harsh on Zion. He's had a terrific rookie year - all things considered. He's scored at a terrific rate and done it very efficiently. He's done everything else reasonably well. Unless you were expecting him to be LeBron or even the great Otto Porter, he met all expectations.

I didn't mean to be harsh on Zion -- only to point out that, relatively speaking, Rui has had an acceptably good rookie year.

For sure Zion has scored a lot at high efficiency on his shots. His efg% is almost 60% -- that's incredibly good for a guy taking over 21 shots per 40 minutes. Plus, he's gotten to the line almost 11 times per 40 minutes. If he ever gets his FT% up to average, he'll really be a terror.

OTOH, he has been a mixed bag on other stuff. he hasn't rebounded well on the defensive end, & he has turned the ball over way too much.

Not that any of this means much; the guy's barely played 600 minutes! But, if we praise the good numbers we have to take note of the other ones too. Zion's going to be a monster as long as he can stay healthy.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1235 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:04 pm

JWizmentality wrote:

Team Info at a glance:

You have some way to argue that Rui (or any Wizard!) has played well so far in the re-start? If so, let's hear it.

Otherwise, how about you show some respect? You and I together haven't posted 2/3 as often as CCJ.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1236 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:47 pm

No Wizard has played well since the re-start. No surprise; that's how you go 0-7.

Rui has shot 41.7%, gotten just over 9 rebounds per 40 minutes, & committed 10 turnovers to 5 steals.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#1237 » by JWizmentality » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:59 pm

payitforward wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Philly comments: 8 points on 2-11 shooting. Great.

You have some way to argue that Rui (or any Wizard!) has played well so far in the re-start? If so, let's hear it.

Otherwise, how about you show some respect? You and I together haven't posted 2/3 as often as CCJ.

No, Rui hasn't played well. What's your point? However, I can be objective which is something you lack. I showed CCJ no disrespect. He reached a conclusion after admitting he has watched no basketball. I don't care who you are, how long or often you've posted, I can still call you out of your bull dung.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1238 » by prime1time » Fri Aug 7, 2020 7:02 pm

I don't understand the criticism. Payitforward, when Rui was playing well this season I particularly remember you making a post about how we should not read too much into it...

Rui has had more than enough good games to show he has potential
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1239 » by payitforward » Fri Aug 7, 2020 8:48 pm

Prime -- Absolutely! & thank you for not picking a fight! :)

There are no conclusions, zero, to arrive at about Rui. He has looked good sometimes; he has looked lost sometimes. He may turn out to be a great player, a stud. He may turn out to be a solid journeyman. Or somewhere else on the bell curve. The better he is the happier I will be.

In the meantime, he is -- obviously! -- a great kid & a hard worker. Both those qualities I think we can state as conclusions. Along with the fact that, as you say, he "has potential."

He's also come into the league & shown that he can play at this level -- i.e. he's not going to be a bust! Along with the good qualities I just mentioned, I'd say that is the first thing you want a guy to show.

To put it another way, when you or anyone describes something I say about Rui as "criticism" of the kid, I get upset. I'm a Father & a Grandfather. I'm unlikely to "criticize" a terrific kid like Rui.
RealGM

Post#1240 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:35 am

JWizmentality wrote:

Team Info at a glance:

I think he’s a scorer off the bench and an otherwise, “Meh”, player.

Thought so when he was drafted.

Pif is right. Clarke is much better.

Not expecting respect or even agreement. You think Rui’s a game changer?
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards