ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#221 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:07 am

Free Ballin wrote:Don’t know why no one is including Jonathan Simmons for 2021. I think he will get more mins than Damian Lee and will probably be Wiggins primary backup.

For me, I would draft Wiseman, and some combination of CJ Elleby, Yves Pons and Jay Scrubb. Preferably Elleby and Pons.
I would throw the vet min at DJ Augustin (always liked his game) or MCW, see who takes the money first.

In a dream scenario the Dubs get Marcus Smart with the TPE, but I see that as a pipe dream. I would like to see if Rodney Hood would be available from the Blazers, especially if,they don’t make the playoffs. I like his game and think his offensive game would flourish in the Warriors ball movement and I like his length for defense. I could see Rubio happening and he would be a good fit as well. He would be great in the Iguodala role. I like Winslow as an option, but he is in the shelf too much for my liking.

PG: Curry, Augustin
SG: Klay, Simmons, Poole
SF: Wiggins, Hood, Elleby
PF: Draymond, Paschall, Smiley, Pons
C: Chriss, Wiseman, Looney.

Of note, I am a Jordan Poole fan. I liked him even when his shooting sucked. I liked his floor game, but he needed to get stronger and get control of his ADHD. I think he will be the primary backup PG in year 3 and has the potential to take over the reins as starting PG eventually.

I love the versatility of this lineup, very deep and long with a good offensive mix.

I don’t see Simmons as part of the mix, as a combination of age and productivity. He came into the league late, and is older than people think - he’ll be 31 at the start of next season. His success with the Spurs was largely a function of his athleticism (he wasn’t ever a particularly efficient offensive player), and that has diminished.

I’d give him a chance, but have no reason to believe that he’d be the best option.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#222 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:16 am

Olynyk on the other hand is very skilled and would fit the Warriors style. He’s tougher than most think and he’s a good shooter. Decent rebounder and smart defender. He’s just not the type of center that will be swatting guys left and right.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#223 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:13 am

Smart for the TPE and GSW 2021 1st. Smart makes 12.5, which leaves 4.7mil roughly for another player.

Crowder for the MLE.

Glenn Robinson for the minimum.

Evan Turner for the vet minimum.

Omari Spellman. With the 4.7 mil remaining TPE, we trade a late second for Spellman who makes around 2mil.

We draft Abdulaye N’Doye in the second round. 6’7” pg with 7’2” wingspan. Livingston Iguodala type.

There will be a dog fight between Poole, Bowman, Lee, and Mulder for the remaining guard spots. I’m leaning towards Mulder. I think Poole stays for now. Bowman and Lee are probably out.

Here we go:

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
Wiseman

Smart
Robinson
Crowder
Paschall
Chriss

N’Doye, Poole
Mulder
Turner
Spellman
Looney

If Giannis is in play, all other bets are off and bye bye Wiggins.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#224 » by The Maestro » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:24 am

How about

Wiggins, 2020, 2021(Minny), 2023 for Giannis
Draymond, 2021 for Myles Turner
TPE for Iggy
MLE split between GR3/MCW

Curry/MCW/Poole
Klay/Lee
GR3/Iggy
Giannis/Paschal
Turner/Chriss/Looney

Edit: GSW would make the 2020 pick for Bucks
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#225 » by ShayDee » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:14 am

The Maestro wrote:How about

TPE for Iggy

Curry/MCW/Poole
Klay/Lee
GR3/Iggy
Giannis/Paschal
Turner/Chriss/Looney

Wouldn't adding Brook Lopez to the deal from Bucks work? We could always give them Looney as well, so we still keep our 2021. Dray plays SF in this scenario
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#226 » by Onus » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:06 am

I’d look to get Thad young with the tpe
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#227 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:25 pm

The Maestro wrote:How about

TPE for Iggy

Curry/MCW/Poole
Klay/Lee
GR3/Iggy
Giannis/Paschal
Turner/Chriss/Looney

This set of trades doesn’t work within league rules which prohibit a team from trading their first-round draft picks in 2 consecutive years (in the future), a.k.a. The Stepien Rule. (Specifically, they can not leave themselves without a first round pick in consecutive years in the future.)

I’m not sure, because of how the timing would work on the transactions this summer, whether the 2020/2021 picks would be an issue. (It probably would be okay, as technically the Warriors would make the pick in 2020, and only be trading away the 2021 picks.)

However, the Warriors traded the rights to the 2024 first round pick to Memphis (to shed Iguodala’s salary), so they can’t trade the 2023 first round pick, even as a conditional pick. So as constructed, this set of trades isn’t legal, and would be rejected by the league (at least the inclusion of the 2023 pick).

Separate and aside from that, I doubt Indiana would be interested in the value they’d be getting for Turner, and wouldn’t do their part of the deal. And obviously any discussion of “Giannis for Wiggins + lots of draft picks” will be polarizing.

But in a world where this was legal, and the other teams agreed, this team would be crazy-good and well-constructed (at least the starters).
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#228 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Olynyk on the other hand is very skilled and would fit the Warriors style. He’s tougher than most think and he’s a good shooter. Decent rebounder and smart defender. He’s just not the type of center that will be swatting guys left and right.

Yeah, I’m on-board with this. Olynyk would fit pretty nicely, and putting him next to Draymond, it’s hard to imagine a more annoying 4/5 combination anywhere in the league. Those dudes would be getting under a lot of peoples’ skins......

It’s going to be interesting to see how things play out at the center spot for Miami this off-season. Leonard is a free agent, Adebayo has become a star, and Olynyk hasn’t been getting much time as a result. I could easily see them wanting to get off his salary and leave the position to Adebayo and Leonard.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#229 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Smart for the TPE and GSW 2021 1st. Smart makes 12.5, which leaves 4.7mil roughly for another player.

Crowder for the MLE.

Omari Spellman. With the 4.7 mil remaining TPE, we trade a late second for Spellman who makes around 2mil.

We draft Abdulaye N’Doye in the second round. 6’7” pg with 7’2” wingspan. Livingston Iguodala type.

There will be a dog fight between Poole, Bowman, Lee, and Mulder for the remaining guard spots. I’m leaning towards Mulder. I think Poole stays for now. Bowman and Lee are probably out.

Here we go:

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
Wiseman

Smart
Robinson
Crowder
Paschall
Chriss

N’Doye, Poole
Mulder
Turner
Spellman
Looney

Not sold on Crowder or Spellman, but otherwise I'm in. I don't have a better solution than Crowder, to me he just seems to underwhelm. Spellman is okay, but a defensive big may be preferred if the Warriors can find one.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#230 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:57 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Olynyk on the other hand is very skilled and would fit the Warriors style. He’s tougher than most think and he’s a good shooter. Decent rebounder and smart defender. He’s just not the type of center that will be swatting guys left and right.

Yeah, I’m on-board with this. Olynyk would fit pretty nicely, and putting him next to Draymond, it’s hard to imagine a more annoying 4/5 combination anywhere in the league. Those dudes would be getting under a lot of peoples’ skins......

It’s going to be interesting to see how things play out at the center spot for Miami this off-season. Leonard is a free agent, Adebayo has become a star, and Olynyk hasn’t been getting much time as a result. I could easily see them wanting to get off his salary and leave the position to Adebayo and Leonard.

Olynyk has 27,8,5 yesterday
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#231 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Smart for the TPE and GSW 2021 1st. Smart makes 12.5, which leaves 4.7mil roughly for another player.

Crowder for the MLE.

Here we go:

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
Wiseman

Smart
Robinson
Crowder
Paschall
Chriss

N’Doye, Poole
Mulder
Turner
Spellman
Looney

Not sold on Crowder or Spellman, but otherwise I'm in. I don't have a better solution than Crowder, to me he just seems to underwhelm. Spellman is okay, but a defensive big may be preferred if the Warriors can find one.

Crowder is just the legit defender and veteran. I’ve never see him hurt a team. He shoots threes as well. He and Draymond could be a tough twosome on defense.

I like Spellman because he fits into a smaller TPE and is a good shooter for a 4/5. I’ve always liked him and that’s partly my bias. I like his motor.
Khoee wrote “
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#232 » by Onus » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:15 pm

If teams are willing to sell 1st rd draft picks again to raise money for the upcoming season we might actually get someone good with our tpe and hopefully looking to purchase a pick.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#233 » by ShayDee » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:15 am

Onus wrote:If teams are willing to sell 1st rd draft picks again to raise money for the upcoming season we might actually get someone good with our tpe and hopefully looking to purchase a pick.

I have a sneaky suspicion we getting Spellman back and Wolves would have to surrender their early 2nd round pick to make it happen while we send a non-guaranteed contract back to them.

Then maybe we package our 3 2nds and trade with the Knicks, Raps or Boston for their late 1st

Edit: Yo I didn't read the article stating this but if teams are willing to sell picks this draft the warriors have to 100% jump on it and get another pick. We've spent how many drafts trying to find that perfect cost controlled bench player that would provide so much outside our stars and have failed, also we spent the passed 2 years trying to get a shooter other than Steph/Klay. This is the draft that gives us that from around mid-first to late and we have to pounce on that opportunity if it's available
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#234 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:19 am

Onus wrote:If teams are willing to sell 1st rd draft picks again to raise money for the upcoming season we might actually get someone good with our tpe and hopefully looking to purchase a pick.

I would love to see us buy a pick in the range of the 20th pick. (EDIT: Including moving up from the second-round to that range, using $.) The top end talent isn’t great in this draft, but it’s deep with guys who will play for years, and having another cheap, quality asset would be fantastic.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#235 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:26 am

Paul Reed baby!!!
Khoee wrote “
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#236 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:52 am

Totally on board with using cash plus our 2nds to move up - but whoever we pick needs to have an NBA skill and not be a project (Smiley).

I still want Tyrell Terry (think I’m the only one here that does) but there are other intriguing options.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#237 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Aug 9, 2020 12:10 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Crowder for the MLE.

Here we go:

Curry
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond
Wiseman

Smart
Robinson
Crowder
Paschall
Chriss

N’Doye, Poole
Mulder
Turner
Spellman
Looney

Crowder is just the legit defender and veteran. I’ve never see him hurt a team. He shoots threes as well. He and Draymond could be a tough twosome on defense.

I like Spellman because he fits into a smaller TPE and is a good shooter for a 4/5. I’ve always liked him and that’s partly my bias. I like his motor.

I like Crowder....he's a great bench addition for the Warriors.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#238 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 1:57 am

Teams have been refusing to sell 1sts to the Warriors the last few years. I'd love them to buy another 1st ... don't know what cap mechanisms can be used to do that though, if any. I think the 2nd half of the 1st round this year is relatively strong.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#239 » by ShayDee » Sun Aug 9, 2020 2:05 am

Teams probably willing to sell are Boston, Magic, Raps and Bucks? I can't see OKC selling(maybe if they think other draft rookies would be better for their roster spots. They have a lot of picks), Nuggets won't sell, Jazz and Heat won't sell, Lakers not dealing with us, Philly might but I think they sell their 2nds instead.

The market seems tough honestly, I think other teams would give more money than us like Grizz/Hawks but I reallly think we have to get one extra top 35 pick
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#240 » by cdubbz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:01 am

Josh Richardson looking nice. 76ers def need to think about moving some expensive pieces to shed salary next season.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors