Image ImageImage Image

Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years"

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Re: Just Sad, 

Post#1181 » by jc23 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:37 am

dice wrote:
jc23 wrote:I wouldnt advise it but if protesters wanted to be about that life they could protest in areas of Chicago that have a high crime rate.

what do you mean by "be about that life"? are you suggesting that social justice protestors (the vast majority of whom are peaceful) want to be thugs or something? because that would be a pretty deranged take on the matter

and how the hell does protesting in a high crime area accomplish anything? crime rates have nothing at all to do with the movement. really weird suggestion

Protesting life, not a fan of your insinuation either.

If you had a large group of people protesting in an area where crime is high maybe you wouldnt have crime that day. two birds one stone.
Be curious, Not judgmental
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Re: Just Sad, "Chicago sees deadliest Memorial Day weekend in four years" 

Post#1182 » by dice » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:33 am

dougthonus wrote:There was no real good thread to put this in, but I thought since it was loosely related to social justice, the new "Washington Football Team" is just ridiculous.

is this intended as a permanent thing? if so, what will their logo be? i nominate this in silhouette:

the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#1183 » by Dresden » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 pm

jc23 wrote:
mack2354 wrote:
2018C3 wrote:1004 people were shot and killed by police in the entire USA in 2019.

In Chicago alone 56 people have been shot in the last three days, In the last 21 days 409 people have been shot. In the year 2020 so far 2127 people have been shot in just Chicago, only 4 of those shootings were by police. and just 3 of those police shootings resulted in death.

Out of the other 2123 people shot in just Chicago, 378 have died, by the hands of other Chicago area civilians.

And for some reason the entire USA police force in now being portrayed as the bad guys in the national media. This is just ridiculous and its being portrayed this way for political reasons in a election year.

I acknowledge there are bad cops, and the bad ones need to be identified and removed from the force. (I support that), But most of them are good people who are now receiving a bad representation from the media. The media is brain washing people who are not looking up facts for themselves.

By the time people read this tomorrow morning, the Chicago shot numbers will even be higher.

Edit:
Just in the time it took me to make this post, the official count in Chicago has jumped to 73 in the last 3 days, and 2144 for the year. The 14 people mentioned in the previous post must have not been counted yet, and in the mean time three others were also added to count.
When civilians shoot other civilians in Chicago they get arrested, charged, convicted, then sent to prison.

The violence in Chicago has NOTHING to do with BLM and why people are protesting. One problem doesn't make a completely separate problem okay.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

agreed on the original reason BLM started, today there are multiple branches of it.

I wouldnt advise it but if protesters wanted to be about that life they could protest in areas of Chicago that have a high crime rate. For example trying to tear down a chris columbus statue seems like a huge waste of time in the moment we are in.

I think that would be an excellent idea. I'd like to see protests and outrage every time there is a shooting, not just when it's done by a cop. For every African American killed by the police, there are around 800 that are being killed by other African Americans. I think the message of BLM would be much stronger if they talked about the tragedy and horror of the violence that is being perpetrated within the black community as well as the injustice of police violence.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#1184 » by dougthonus » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:03 pm

dice wrote:
dougthonus wrote:There was no real good thread to put this in, but I thought since it was loosely related to social justice, the new "Washington Football Team" is just ridiculous.

is this intended as a permanent thing? if so, what will their logo be?

Just for the year, they're going to have the word "Washington" and that's it.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dice
RealGM

Post#1185 » by dice » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:00 am

dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:

is this intended as a permanent thing? if so, what will their logo be?

Just for the year, they're going to have the word "Washington" and that's it.

that's a lot of letters to squeeze on a helmet. yuck
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#1186 » by dougthonus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:24 pm

dice wrote:that's a lot of letters to squeeze on a helmet. yuck

They'll probably just do a W like a college team or something.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1187 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 am

dice wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:These gang members shooting up the city do not get arrested most of the time. The amount of "unsolved" murders in Chicago is a joke. So much so that the killers have no problem self-snitching in songs and on social media.

that's very accurate and really great way to explain a big part of the problem in a way people can understand.

well said.

and completely meaningless

unless you've got solutions for how to solve more gang murders, there's no point in even bringing it up

and i'd love some examples of murderers "self-snitching" on social media. sounds like a complete fabrication to me

You seem to be clueless about real life and sports.
dice
RealGM

Post#1188 » by dice » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:51 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:

that's very accurate and really great way to explain a big part of the problem in a way people can understand.

well said.

and completely meaningless

unless you've got solutions for how to solve more gang murders, there's no point in even bringing it up

and i'd love some examples of murderers "self-snitching" on social media. sounds like a complete fabrication to me

THAT's your example, jackass? wtf does that even mean? who is self-snitching there? as far as i can tell, all you did was post a photo of a dead guy

but hey, you got sho'nuff and lavine-lover wonderturd to and-1 your post. there's two real feathers in your cap!

still waiting on your sure-to-be-brilliant solutions for solving more gang murders...
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1189 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:04 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:and completely meaningless

THAT's your example, jackass? wtf does that even mean? who is self-snitching there?

but hey, you got sho'nuff and lavine-lover wonderturd to and-1 your post. there's two real feathers in your cap!

still waiting on your sure-to-be-brilliant solutions for solving more gang murders...

I gave you what you denied existence of. Take the L and move along. :roll:
dice
RealGM

Post#1190 » by dice » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:23 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

THAT's your example, jackass? wtf does that even mean? who is self-snitching there?

first of all, i didn't deny existence of anything, emoji boy. so you're both an ignoramus and now a bald-faced liar

secondly, you provided evidence of jack ****. i can't even figure out what you think you proved. are you suggesting that this "cquan capper" is admitting that he killed the guy whose grave he is crouching over? because that post doesn't even necessarily even suggest that

thirdly, i asked for EXAMPLES. that 's' on the end there creates what's known in the english language as a plural. you provided a single, terrible example that proved exactly nothing. again, who is self-snitching and what evidence is there that that individual actually killed anyone? if you've been paying attention at all over the last, oh, let's say THIRTY YEARS, gangster rappers love to talk a big game. if their world is the "real life" that you speak of, it's a highly exaggerated version that scant few people can relate to
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1191 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:43 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:THAT's your example, jackass? wtf does that even mean? who is self-snitching there?

first of all, i didn't deny existence of anything, emoji boy. so you're both an ignoramus and now a bald-faced liar

secondly, you provided evidence of jack ****. i can't even figure out what you think you proved. are you suggesting that this "cquan capper" is admitting that he killed the guy whose grave he is crouching over? because that post doesn't even necessarily even suggest that

thirdly, i asked for EXAMPLES. that 's' on the end there creates what's known in the english language as a plural. you provided a single, terrible example that proved exactly nothing. again, who is self-snitching and what evidence is there that that individual actually killed anyone? if you've been paying attention at all over the last, oh, let's say THIRTY YEARS, gangster rappers love to talk a big game. if their world is the "real life" that you speak of, it's a highly exaggerated version that scant few people can relate to

I'm done with you. You clearly know jack **** about Chicago gang activity. Sosa is guy is the pic. Anyway the guy who killed him and wrote that tweet was killed about a month later. They clean each other other up so the cops don't really care.
dice
RealGM

Post#1192 » by dice » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:39 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I'm done with you. You clearly know jack **** about Chicago gang activity. Sosa is guy is the pic. Anyway the guy who killed him and wrote that tweet was killed about a month later. They clean each other other up so the cops don't really care.

once again, gangster rappers are hardly indicative of society at large, or even gang life as a whole

and once again, you have zero evidence that the bigmouth who wrote the tweet actually killed anybody. he was quite obviously killed because of the tweet

and you've still given me only a single example

and you've still not given your solutions

you said that gang members are so confident that there will be no repercussions for their actions that they freely admit to it on social media. your single example was of some oatmeal-for-brains gangster rapper who received the ultimate repercussions for even claiming to have been involved in a murder. that's irony for ya
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1193 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:52 am

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:first of all, i didn't deny existence of anything, emoji boy. so you're both an ignoramus and now a bald-faced liar

once again, gangster rappers are hardly indicative of society at large, or even gang life as a whole

and once again, you have zero evidence that the bigmouth who wrote the tweet actually killed anybody. he was quite obviously killed because of the tweet

and you've still given me only a single example

and you've still not given your solutions

you said that gang members are so confident that there will be no repercussions for their actions that they freely admit to it on social media. your single example was of some oatmeal-for-brains gangster rapper who received the ultimate repercussions for even claiming to have been involved in a murder. that's irony for ya

So now you are claiming to know why he was killed? That guy had as many as 8 bodies and even got tried for a couple of deaths and beat them. But I'm glad you know that tweet was the impetus for his death and not a hundred other things he did. These guys are not really musicians. They are thugs/killers that rap on the side. And even if they do have some talent they usually get killed before they make it out. Drill is not the same as gangsta rap.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#1194 » by CjayC » Wed Aug 5, 2020 2:26 am

Big time Chicago drill rapper FBG Duck got killed right in the Goldcoast on Oak st. According to police, 4 shooters hopped out of 2 separate vehicles in broad daylight and got him. They also seriously injured a couple of other people in his group. Just nuts.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#1195 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:23 am

CjayC wrote:Big time Chicago drill rapper FBG Duck got killed right in the Goldcoast on Oak st. According to police, 4 shooters hopped out of 2 separate vehicles in broad daylight and got him. They also seriously injured a couple of other people in his group. Just nuts.

“It’s not their fault they killed/injured those people. The “oppressive system” made them do it.”

-Dice :clown:

#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
ShadyMoney
Junior
And1: 157

Post#1196 » by ShadyMoney » Sun Aug 9, 2020 1:09 pm

Dice is a clown.

Is he from Chicago? Or cook county rather?
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#1197 » by logical_art » Sun Aug 9, 2020 2:04 pm

The media profits by engendering racial animus and hysteria. We should stop buying into it.

Using data from The Washington Post Police Shootings database (2015-2020), I tallied and compared the number of search results for unarmed white versus Black police-shooting victims in a large data archive (ProQuest). In the end, and as depicted in the graph below, unarmed Black police-shooting victims generated nine times the number of news search results as white victims

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/media-great-racial-awakening
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#1198 » by DuckIII » Sun Aug 9, 2020 2:43 pm

There’s so much wrong with that article it would take a paragraph by paragraph breakdown to illustrate the absurdity of the method-to-evidence-to-conclusion trail.

But here’s one that jumped out to me, based on my own personal experiences in rural Illinois:
In December of 2006, 45% of white Democrats and 41% of white Republicans reported that they knew someone they considered racist. By June of 2015, this figure increased to 64% among white Democrats, while remaining at a steady 41% among white Republicans. No increases were observed for any of the nonwhite Democrat groups. In fact, what (statistically insignificant) change occurred among Black (52.7% to 47.2%) and Hispanic (41.1% to 33.8%) Democrats were actually in the opposite direction.

Did white Democrats simply come to know more racists in these years? It’s possible, but if so that would indicate that the media’s increased reporting on racism actually correlated to a marked increase in racists being detected by white Democrats.

The use of 2015 is not a coincidence and earlier in the article the author acknowledges this. He uses periods within the Obama presidency to conclude this didn’t all start with Trump. But I’ve never seen anyone suggest otherwise, just that it got worse under Trump. Which it obviously has. Regardless, back to my experience:

I would have still been tallied in 2006 as knowing someone I “considered racist” because I can’t remember ever not knowing at least one racist. Frankly the data should be a 100% affirmative response from all of us. We all know racists.

But setting aside that, of course the numbers jumped by 2015 during Obama presidency, at least based on my experience. Where I live, Democrats have dominated for decades. Our state senator was a democrat for at least half a century and probably longer. The very first election we held after Obama was elected, our female democrat senator was unseated by a white, male, Tea Party candidate. This was not a coincidence, it was a reaction.

Since Obama was elected, I found that dozens more people I knew personally were racists that I had no idea about. They were fine keeping their views to themselves until we elected a black president. Indeed it was this unveiling and the energy surrounding it that helped create the waive leading to Trump’s election.

Yet the author attempts to blame this on - his words - “elite liberal media” bias. It’s a preposterous article from beginning to end, but this is one example that hit home in particular.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#1199 » by logical_art » Sun Aug 9, 2020 2:53 pm

DuckIII wrote:There’s so much wrong with that article it would take a paragraph by paragraph breakdown to illustrate the absurdity of the method-to-evidence-to-conclusion trail.

But here’s one that jumped out to me, based on my own personal experiences in rural Illinois:

In December of 2006, 45% of white Democrats and 41% of white Republicans reported that they knew someone they considered racist. By June of 2015, this figure increased to 64% among white Democrats, while remaining at a steady 41% among white Republicans. No increases were observed for any of the nonwhite Democrat groups. In fact, what (statistically insignificant) change occurred among Black (52.7% to 47.2%) and Hispanic (41.1% to 33.8%) Democrats were actually in the opposite direction.

Did white Democrats simply come to know more racists in these years? It’s possible, but if so that would indicate that the media’s increased reporting on racism actually correlated to a marked increase in racists being detected by white Democrats.

I'm not following your objection.

Do you object to the finding that the media provides 9x more coverage of black people killed by police than white people? Do you think this disparity in coverage is justified? Do you think that the reason for the pubilic's misconception on the racial bias of application of lethal force may be related to this vastly skewed media coverage? Do you think the consequences of media driven racial misconceptions by the public are positive for the country?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#1200 » by DuckIII » Sun Aug 9, 2020 3:01 pm

LA, I had an oops post that was incomplete. My full post is above.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls