Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Game 69: Washington Wizards @ Oklahoma City Thunder Aug 9, 11:30 Am CST 

Post#1 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 9, 2020 1:05 am

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Game 69: Washington Wizards @ Oklahoma City Thunder Aug 9, 11:30 Am CST 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:41 pm

If we lose this today, we’ll be in line to to keep our pick. With Nerlens out, it’s a possibility.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 9, 2020 6:53 pm

I over estimated the Wizards. Yikes. Encouraging things from Bazley and Dort. Shai struggled offensively more than his numbers show. I do think he’s doing a better job at using his drives to set up others. He had 7 assists and very easily could have had a couple more if a some others had hit their open looks.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#4 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:09 pm

I did not even know there was a game. With so many people home and missing sports I thought there would be more interest in these games. Maybe come playoff time?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#5 » by getrichordie » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:14 pm

Darius Bazley with 23/7/1 and went 5 for 8 from deep in 26 minutes. Not bad for a guy who just turned 20 back in June.

This comparable to Shai's CLE game last year.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:52 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I did not even know there was a game. With so many people home and missing sports I thought there would be more interest in these games. Maybe come playoff time?

I try to avoid the summer heat as much as possible so I’m very thankful to have the nba right now. I like playoff baseball but I can sit down and watch a summer baseball game start to finish in July and August.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#7 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Aug 9, 2020 10:25 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I did not even know there was a game. With so many people home and missing sports I thought there would be more interest in these games. Maybe come playoff time?

I try to avoid the summer heat as much as possible so I’m very thankful to have the nba right now. I like playoff baseball but I can sit down and watch a summer baseball game start to finish in July and August.

I'm watching all 3 sports (NHL, NBA, MLB) but without the crowds they do not feel intense. Its got a real summer league feel. Even some TV angles seem different. I dont know if its the lack of crowds or so many political statements but the NBA TV ratings are dropping while Nascar and Golf are rising. That is strange to me because people should want to watch now after no sports for so long. I wonder if the owners and players are noticing that they are now as needed as they thought. If ratings continue to decline will it effect future salaries?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 9, 2020 11:43 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

I'm watching all 3 sports (NHL, NBA, MLB) but without the crowds they do not feel intense. Its got a real summer league feel. Even some TV angles seem different. I dont know if its the lack of crowds or so many political statements but the NBA TV ratings are dropping while Nascar and Golf are rising. That is strange to me because people should want to watch now after no sports for so long. I wonder if the owners and players are noticing that they are now as needed as they thought. If ratings continue to decline will it effect future salaries?

In addition to all of that, when I turn on a game and stars are sitting out, I turn it off a lot of times. Lebron, Westbrook, Kawhi and other sitting out gets on my nerves.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:57 am

This is why I’m hopeful with bazley. There was no chance he could do anything like this at the beginning of the year. I’ve seen him do it more than once in the bubble.

Read on Twitter

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder