New Head Coach
57%

Total votes: 7

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: New Head Coach? 

Post#101 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:12 am

Lol. Reggie Jackson is pretty much the only perimeter guy to somewhat develop next to Westbrook and he was a 3-year player at Boston College who had improved every single season he played and he had the ball in his hands more-so than any other perimeter guy to play next to Westbrook. Oladipo is the only other example I can think of for a guy who had the ball in his hands as much as Jackson. As soon as he got out from Westbrook's ball-dominant back court, he thrived in a higher-usage role.

What kind of shot selection are you expecting with guys who can't space the floor and a chucker in Westbrook?

Movement is super vague. What movement are you wanting to see? You don't like that players are so used to Westbrook's ball-dominance that they just stand there sometimes?

What the hell are you expecting from Abrines? He wasn't brought in to be a creator or a high-end defender. He wasn't super athletic. He was a shooter. Donovan is supposed to teach guys how to shoot now? Again, he hasn't received an offer from any other NBA team. Hell, he can't even play more than 15 minutes a night in the EuroLeague at this point. Presti got him because they were desperate for shooting.

My mistake on Adams. I was 1 year off. He still has handled Adams as well as you could expect.

And I think you are reading the PG situation totally wrong, but I won't say anymore about that. You and I are entrenched in our viewpoints on that matter.

And Brooks has had how many prospects in WAS? A whole lot. A few are bound to hit... and WAS has not looked good as a whole under Brooks, in my mind.

Yeah, you can call me a Donovan apologist. I'll wear that badge proudly. The amount of criticism he receives is undeserved and the logic behind it is not very good or compelling. And the guy has probably dealt with more roster turnover than any other guy in the league in the last 5 years and still strings together winning seasons and often times has overcome "Expected W/L%" (B-ref).

And again, expecting a roster to work offensively in the post-season when the entire defense can pretty much pack the paint and take away your biggest offensive strength (Westbrook attacking the rim/Westbrook-Adams P&R), you aren't going far w/o shooters. A blind man could see that. This is why they have tried to become an elite defensive team with Durant gone.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#102 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:34 am

I tap out.

Edit: Disagree entirely and the chucker line is purely there to inflame, but whatever.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
mr570
Senior
And1: 293

Post#103 » by mr570 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:07 pm

But Dwayne Casey got fired...
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#104 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:54 pm

Co coach of the year!
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
itzmrgigglez
Junior
And1: 107

Post#105 » by itzmrgigglez » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:48 pm

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#106 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:59 pm

itzmrgigglez wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259065/Pacers-Possibly-Moving-On-From-Nate-McMillan-Has-Been-The-Hottest-Rumor-All-Season

How y’all feel about Nate McMillan as a head coach candidate?

What a potentially odd decision by Indiana. If billy were let go I would be very interested in McMillan.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#107 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 3:28 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
itzmrgigglez wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259065/Pacers-Possibly-Moving-On-From-Nate-McMillan-Has-Been-The-Hottest-Rumor-All-Season

How y’all feel about Nate McMillan as a head coach candidate?

What a potentially odd decision by Indiana. If billy were let go I would be very interested in McMillan.

He's better than who they have now.

And to be clear, when I said "I tap" I meant it wasn't worth arguing. When someone resorts to calling players chuckers it's just a joke. I'd like Atkinson a ton too.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,822

Post#108 » by QPR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:04 am

McMillan has the same perceived issue as Donovan in that his playoff record is underwhelming.

No doubt he's done a phenomenal job with Indiana this season, but if they go out in the first round again and he is shown the door, how appealing is he as a candidate?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder