RealGM
And1: 12,871

Re: GT: Nets vs. Blazers & The NBA Playoffs- Thurs. 8/13/20 9:00pm EST 

Post#201 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:40 am

John-S wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:"Inefficient" :lol:

Read on Twitter

There are more than 8 games in an NBA season. even with the great 8 game stretch, his efficiency is bottom of the league type awful. Marquis teague type awful.

51.1 TS% after tonights game and the 8 bubble games.

it is an indisputable fact that he is inefficient. We saw 5 games like this vs. the 76ers in last years playoffs. if he could do this even 1 in every 4 games over the course of a long season it would be great. but he has not been able to do that or stay healthy.

The stuff Levert is doing over 8 games in the bubble is the stuff the guys rumored in a trade do over an entire season

Jonathan Isaac would be an amazing fit playing the 4 spot. That boy is an up and coming defensive beast and getting better on offence. Aaron Gordon is another option also. Orlando really needs offence but it could be a case of just spinning your wheels in the east since their are already 6 elite squads especially if Oladipo was 100%. Nets will make it 7 unless Kyrie hinders their style for winning and/or their management don’t do their homework this fall’s off season. Levert will never realize his potential on a Kyrie led backcourt. That is what I am saying.Spencer wouldn’t e half as effective either unless he is coming off the bench and never on the court with Kyrie

I love Isaac but don't trust his health at all. Gordon is a good option but I think hes looking to get overpaid. I don't want a bad contract on the books.

I still would rather try and add Ibaka.

Spencer may be the odd man out I agree. If we have to choose between the two, I'm taking LeVert. But hopefully we can find a way to play them together.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#202 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:41 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Can you stop being so defensive and constantly throwing this out there every time he has a good game? It takes away from him doing well, it takes away from just enjoying what we saw, you’re labeling people as haters as if they don’t have legitimate reasons for feeling the way they do, and you act like this “proves” them wrong when it doesn’t.

Exactly this. instead of every night fan singing his praises he is forcing people to point out leverts flaws and inconsistencies. i dont think there is a single levert hater here. but when someone spouts flat out factually incorrect claims and homer claims he is some stud based on a handful of games it forces others to correct that

I'm actually not forcing you to do anything.

I'm stating my opinion and you are choosing to respond because you love arguing. If it bothers you then don't quote my responses.

No, you are forcing it. you are intentionally being a pest. baiting others and intentionally posting 100% false info after several have corrected you.

it doesnt bother me. if it did i would ignore you. or would have ignored you long ago. I kind of enjoy continuing to correct you.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#203 » by MGrand15 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:42 am

Possibly game of the year + an elite performance from LeVert

TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT LEVERT'S EFFICIENCY

Y'all seriously need to move this garbage to the LeVert thread. Literally every single game since the return has been this BS. I'm sure it's gonna keep happening in the playoffs win or lose.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#204 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:46 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Spencer may be the odd man out I agree. If we have to choose between the two, I'm taking LeVert. But hopefully we can find a way to play them together.

I dont see a path to Ibaka outside of him taking the MLE. which seems unlikely. this would be his last big contract. I dont think he is in ring chaser mode having just won a title. maybe after this next deal i can see him ring chase as he'd be an exception or minimum level player at that point.

I dont think Toronto would sign and trade him to us, since moving on from him they'd be looking to cut cap to make a run at giannis and other big names in that class. (not saying they get him but they will keep the flexibility). our pieces also overlap with their pieces. dinwiddie/levert arent as attractive given their guards and wings. our picks are not too valuable. I

Best bet is a 3 way sign and trade where someone with pure cap and a pick takes our pieces and toronto gets space, expirings, and picks. but not many teams have the cap.

I can see dinwiddie traded over levert. i think he is more portable, cheaper, and less of an injury risk.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#205 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:47 am

Lmao Skip was on a anti-LeBron roll tonight.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#206 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:49 am

MGrand15 wrote:Possibly game of the year + an elite performance from LeVert

Y'all seriously need to move this garbage to the LeVert thread. Literally every single game since the return has been this BS. I'm sure it's gonna keep happening in the playoffs win or lose.

talk to the people who quote/call us out for saying he is an inefficient/inconsistent scorer. ive priased levert every game he has played well. people arent just bringing up that he is inefficient. after every good game people are knee jerking.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#207 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:54 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Luckily you are not GM otherwise we would have resigned D Lo and Kyrie instead of KD and Kyrie.

I would have signed Kyrie and KD. i can separate being a fan from what is best for the team.

And you have the audacity to question my judgement. :lol:

i dont question your judgement. i correct what you falsely pass on as fact with actual facts. like the fact that the nets have not once had a winning record with levert. not a single year. not a single pre or post injury split.

We don't need Beal when we have depth, chemistry, youth and two Superstars. You wanna ruin it all to bring in Beal and hamper our flexibility. No thanks.

We would still have depth with Beal. We would potentially have better chemistyr with beal as he is better off-ball. There is no situation where you dont need an elite player in his prime who excels both on and off the ball.

not to mention, with Kyrie/KD both being injury risks and guaranteed to be load managed, you need a star like beal to carry you when they are out.

With Beal we lose Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie and won't be able to resign Harris. We also give up all our picks and flexibility moving forward.

We could make that trade and still sign harris. Beal would come in via trade. and we have harris bird rights and can over the cap to sign him. We would just need to match salaries for beal, which we easily can.

Dude you are literally on the record saying you would prefer to resign D Lo and Kyrie then sign Kyrie & KD. Don't make me find the quote lol. I will.

Were not going to be able to pay Harris when we have that much money invested in Kyrie/KD/Beal/Prince/Jordan. Its not gonna happen.

Were basically going to give up all our depth for Beal. I'd rather have a deep team than once that centers around three stars and little else.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#208 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:58 am

MGrand15 wrote:Possibly game of the year + an elite performance from LeVert

Settle down bro. Were having normal basketball arguments.

Its not sacrilegious to discuss players in a game thread.

Nobody is stopping you from talking about the game either.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#209 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:03 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I dont see a path to Ibaka outside of him taking the MLE. which seems unlikely. this would be his last big contract. I dont think he is in ring chaser mode having just won a title. maybe after this next deal i can see him ring chase as he'd be an exception or minimum level player at that point.

I dont think Toronto would sign and trade him to us, since moving on from him they'd be looking to cut cap to make a run at giannis and other big names in that class. (not saying they get him but they will keep the flexibility). our pieces also overlap with their pieces. dinwiddie/levert arent as attractive given their guards and wings. our picks are not too valuable. I

Best bet is a 3 way sign and trade where someone with pure cap and a pick takes our pieces and toronto gets space, expirings, and picks. but not many teams have the cap.

I can see dinwiddie traded over levert. i think he is more portable, cheaper, and less of an injury risk.

I didn't realize Ibaka was only 30 and would want another big contract.

In that case its harder to see us trading for him. Toronto also has no use for Dinwddie.

Will have to think about other options for a Stretch 4 then. How about Paul Milsap?

Maybe the market dries up for him and hes forced to take the MLE. Is that far fetched :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#210 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Dude you are literally on the record saying you would prefer to resign D Lo and Kyrie then sign Kyrie & KD. Don't make me find the quote lol. I will.

Please find the quote... because you will also see i also said that if you can sign KD you have to make that move. but I hate KD and as a fan id rather root for Dlo. but for the nets, you have to make that move.

Were not going to be able to pay Harris when we have that much money invested in Kyrie/KD/Beal/Prince/Jordan. Its not gonna happen.

We would have the exact same money invested whether we make the trade or not. if we can afford harris now we could afford him after a beal trade. you have to match salaries in a trade if you are over the cap. so we would have the same salary commitments with or without a beal trade.

Were basically going to give up all our depth for Beal. I'd rather have a deep team than once that centers around three stars and little else.

We would not give up all our depth. we would actually still be super deep. lets say we did levert/dinwiddie/kurus/allen and picks. that leaves us with:

Kyrie | Tyler Johnson | Chiozza
Beal | TLC
Harris | Temple
Durant | Prince
Jordan | Claxton

- MLE to add to either PF, Center or SG
-Ring chasing vets to fill out the roster

we would be loaded with depth. Harris and Jordan would be excellent to round out the starting lineup. Deep bench that could get even better based on who the MLE gets and what ring chasers come out way
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#211 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

In that case its harder to see us trading for him. Toronto also has no use for Dinwddie.

Will have to think about other options for a Stretch 4 then. How about Paul Milsap?

Maybe the market dries up for him and hes forced to take the MLE. Is that far fetched :lol:

Durant will start at the 4 or play the 3 with someone like prince or temple defending the 4-man on defense. nets have shot they are willing to go super small at the 4. Kurucs is an option if he isnt moved. They love prince if he stays. Milsap seems like a real option. i can see us trading dinwiddie or levert in a package for aaron gordon or oubre. there are tons of options and marks has shown so far to make the right calls in trades.

I think our biggest need is a 2-way player who can defend the back court and the wing. i dont see the 4 as something we need.in order:

1. Defending G/W who is capable on offense
2. Scoring stud to help us when KD/Kyrie sit. maybe levert is that guy. maybe dinwiddie is. maybe a big trade but its a need.
3. Backup Center if Allen is moved
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#212 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Dude you are literally on the record saying you would prefer to resign D Lo and Kyrie then sign Kyrie & KD. Don't make me find the quote lol. I will.

Please find the quote... because you will also see i also said that if you can sign KD you have to make that move. but I hate KD and as a fan id rather root for Dlo. but for the nets, you have to make that move.

We would have the exact same money invested whether we make the trade or not. if we can afford harris now we could afford him after a beal trade. you have to match salaries in a trade if you are over the cap. so we would have the same salary commitments with or without a beal trade.

We would not give up all our depth. we would actually still be super deep. lets say we did levert/dinwiddie/kurus/allen and picks. that leaves us with:

Kyrie | Tyler Johnson | Chiozza
Beal | TLC
Harris | Temple
Durant | Prince
Jordan | Claxton

- MLE to add to either PF, Center or SG
-Ring chasing vets to fill out the roster

we would be loaded with depth. Harris and Jordan would be excellent to round out the starting lineup. Deep bench that could get even better based on who the MLE gets and what ring chasers come out way

You literally said that you would rather have Kyrie/D Lo during Free Agency last year.

yup... and if im being honest, give me Dlo/Kyrie over kyrie/KD no that durant is injured we waste a year of him and he is 32. Sure our cahmpionship ceiling is there with durant but id rather we fall short and enjoy a Dlo/Kyrie back court. my current wish list would be:

1. Sign Kyrie, Sign Kawhi - no DLO
2. Keep Dlo, sign Kawhi
3. Sign Kyrie, Keep Dlo, sign Harris, butler or horford, trade dinwiddie to make it work
4. Keep Dlo, Sign Harris or butler or KD
5. sign kyrie, sign KD - no DLO
5. Sign kyrie, sign harris or butler - no DLO
6. Keep DLO, no major FA's

2827398173981312. sign someone like mirotic

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1849749&p=76466286&hilit=D+Lo+Durant#p76466286

Also that bench looks absolutely terrible.

Were going from LeVert, Dinwddie, Allen to Tyler Johnson and Temple? No thanks.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#213 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:11 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Durant will start at the 4 or play the 3 with someone like prince or temple defending the 4-man on defense. nets have shot they are willing to go super small at the 4. Kurucs is an option if he isnt moved. They love prince if he stays. Milsap seems like a real option. i can see us trading dinwiddie or levert in a package for aaron gordon or oubre. there are tons of options and marks has shown so far to make the right calls in trades.

I think our biggest need is a 2-way player who can defend the back court and the wing. i dont see the 4 as something we need.in order:

1. Defending G/W who is capable on offense
2. Scoring stud to help us when KD/Kyrie sit. maybe levert is that guy. maybe dinwiddie is. maybe a big trade but its a need.
3. Backup Center if Allen is moved

I don't really think KD wants to play the 4 but if he does then I'm fine with it. If he doesn't then I think we need to make a move.

Aaron Gordon will likely demand a huge contract. If we can do it for Prince & Dinwiddie, I'm on board.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#214 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:13 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:You literally said that you would rather have Kyrie/D Lo during Free Agency last year.

as ive said several times now. YES i wanted DLO. id still prefer DLO. that doesnt mean it was the better move for the nets. As I said at the time and several times since. Marks made the right move. the nets have to take durant. he is the leagues best player. personally i dont like the dude. and id rather root for guys i like, even if it means we win less.

But if im GM and not a fan i sign KD just like anyone else would

Also that bench looks absolutely terrible.

Were going from LeVert, Dinwddie, Allen to Tyler Johnson and Temple? No thanks.

No we go from:

Levert, Dinwiddie, Allen

to

Beal, Johnson, MLE signing

one of levert or dinwiddie would start and Temple would be a bench piece in both scenarios.

Johnson, Temple, Prince are all outstanding bench pieces. TLC looks good. the MLE should bring another quality player. Allen would be the biggest loss, but id think the MLE could bring someone like aaron baynes, to help offset that. bring in milsap or another ring chaser. golden.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#215 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
I don't really think KD wants to play the 4 but if he does then I'm fine with it. If he doesn't then I think we need to make a move.

Aaron Gordon will likely demand a huge contract. If we can do it for Prince & Dinwiddie, I'm on board.

Gordon is signed for the next 2 seasons. him wanting a new contract is irrelevant. when he is a FA, durant would be also and we'd be shuffling pieces anyhow.

Magic have no need for prince. and dinwidde is 80% to matching the salary by himself. Dinwiddie, picks, and someone like Temple and kurucs maybe. they need a PG and a guy who has shown he can help win games. Dinwiddie fits
John-S
Junior
And1: 171

Post#216 » by John-S » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:37 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
John-S wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
There are more than 8 games in an NBA season. even with the great 8 game stretch, his efficiency is bottom of the league type awful. Marquis teague type awful.

51.1 TS% after tonights game and the 8 bubble games.

it is an indisputable fact that he is inefficient. We saw 5 games like this vs. the 76ers in last years playoffs. if he could do this even 1 in every 4 games over the course of a long season it would be great. but he has not been able to do that or stay healthy.

The stuff Levert is doing over 8 games in the bubble is the stuff the guys rumored in a trade do over an entire season

Jonathan Isaac would be an amazing fit playing the 4 spot. That boy is an up and coming defensive beast and getting better on offence. Aaron Gordon is another option also. Orlando really needs offence but it could be a case of just spinning your wheels in the east since their are already 6 elite squads especially if Oladipo was 100%. Nets will make it 7 unless Kyrie hinders their style for winning and/or their management don’t do their homework this fall’s off season. Levert will never realize his potential on a Kyrie led backcourt. That is what I am saying.Spencer wouldn’t e half as effective either unless he is coming off the bench and never on the court with Kyrie

I love Isaac but don't trust his health at all. Gordon is a good option but I think hes looking to get overpaid. I don't want a bad contract on the books.

Yeah, Ibaka would be so good a fit. An athletic rim protecting 5 that can stretch the floor and only at 30 years old still with chip experience. But he will cost a ton of cap space. He is already making north of 22 million and has been playing the best basketball of his career (better than in OKC even) these last 2 seasons since they got rid off Derozan’s floor shrinking game. So he isn’t taking any less than what for instance Horford got or he just resigns with Toronto. If you can add an elite corner 3 and D wing that does not need the ball, now can really see them be in line to win a chip as long as KD is back close to 100% The only dude that scares me is Kyrie’s extreme dribble and ISO heavy play style when you got KD wanting that ball. Lebron is a much more willing passer and will differ to any half decent shot creator in crunch time, but not KD who can shoot over anyone without needing to power moonwalk to the paint like Lebron.

There are real questions with Kyrie’s stuck ball play style and attitude despite him being arguably the most individually talented ball handling, his own shot creating player maybe ever. Jordan is also a waste of cap space who was also the 3rd member of that all or nothing 3 player best friends ticket
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#217 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:48 am

John-S wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
John-S wrote:

Yeah, Ibaka would be so good a fit. An athletic rim protecting 5 that can stretch the floor and only at 30 years old still with chip experience. But he will cost a ton of cap space. He is already making north of 22 million and has been playing the best basketball of his career (better than in OKC even) these last 2 seasons since they got rid off Derozan’s floor shrinking game. So he isn’t taking any less than what for instance Horford got or he just resigns with Toronto. If you can add an elite corner 3 and D wing that does not need the ball, now can really see them be in line to win a chip as long as KD is back close to 100% The only dude that scares me is Kyrie’s extreme dribble and ISO heavy play style when you got KD wanting that ball. Lebron is a much more willing passer and will differ to any half decent shot creator in crunch time, but not KD who can shoot over anyone without needing to power moonwalk to the paint like Lebron.

There are real questions with Kyrie’s stuck ball play style and attitude despite him being arguably the most individually talented ball handling, his own shot creating player maybe ever. Jordan is also a waste of cap space who was also the 3rd member of that all or nothing 3 player best friends ticket

Jordan has been excellent. outplayed allen to truly earn the C spot. at 10 million he is worth it for sure. he is a great fit with Kyrie and KD. Also.. durant isnt lebrom, be he has shown he can share the ball with other iso heavy scorers... i mean he played with curry and Russ/Harden. Kyrie is hardly a black hole. he moves the ball. he is a score first point.. when the ball sticks with him, its for good reason... similar to lillard
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#218 » by DarkXaero » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:51 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I wonder if the LeVert haters still think we should trade him next year lol. Its beyond obvious that hes our Third Star and should go nowhere.

I don't even want to entertain the idea.

Can you stop being so defensive and constantly throwing this out there every time he has a good game? It takes away from him doing well, it takes away from just enjoying what we saw, you’re labeling people as haters as if they don’t have legitimate reasons for feeling the way they do, and you act like this “proves” them wrong when it doesn’t.
This 100%. Seriously, I don't get it, its been pointed out for like the last 4 game threads. Why is there so much insecurity? Everyone is (rightfully) praising Levert in the game thread for a great performance, and no one has mentioned anything about trade value or anything. As fans of the same team, do you think that it kills me inside every time Levert has a great game, just because of the silly arguments here? I don't feel the need to say "I told you so" every single time, and I don't know why these guys do either, when it has no place in the game thread. Nothing would make me happier to see a guy we drafted at the start of the Marks era to become the third star to our two established stars, and bring a championship to Brooklyn. This isn't a competition, my guy.
John-S
Junior

Post#219 » by John-S » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:52 am

Paradise wrote:Lmao Skip was on a anti-LeBron roll tonight.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Media guys don’t know nothing about BB and team construction. All they see are names on back of Jerseys as if this was a 2K game. Nets will not be automatic contender with only KD and wholes all over the place. Bucks, Raptors, Celtics, Heat, even Indy all have a lot younger cores and pieces and perhaps Philly finally figures out they should move on from Brown and surround Embiid and Simmons with elite shooting and get rid of Hartford (long shot I know). KD will also be like 33 at some point during next play season and coming back from a major injury.
John-S
Junior

Post#220 » by John-S » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:59 am

Prokorov wrote:
John-S wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Jordan has been excellent. outplayed allen to truly earn the C spot. at 10 million he is worth it for sure. he is a great fit with Kyrie and KD. Also.. durant isnt lebrom, be he has shown he can share the ball with other iso heavy scorers... i mean he played with curry and Russ/Harden. Kyrie is hardly a black hole. he moves the ball. he is a score first point.. when the ball sticks with him, its for good reason... similar to lillard

Curry doesn’t need the ball just like Klay and can score 40-50 an given night just running behind screens and catch and shoot. That is what he morphed to when KD came over. That is why KD fit in like a glove even thought they were already chip winning 73 win team. He just made the unbeatable.

Russ or Harden? He could never win s**** with those guys. Curry is far more adaptable player than any of those 2 due to his insane shooting. He fit with KD and so di Klay. You don’t usually find players like Steph and Klay be as superstar effective without the ball until it is time to release it. Has everything to do with being perhaps 1-2 all time greatest pure shooters. Kyrie is not comparable to Steph’s play style at all. Only similarity is they are both guards. Kyrie won’t be able to play Steph’s game to accommodate a ball dominant player.

Return to Brooklyn Nets