Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Re: GT: Nets vs. Blazers & The NBA Playoffs- Thurs. 8/13/20 9:00pm EST 

Post#221 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:21 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
I don't really think KD wants to play the 4 but if he does then I'm fine with it. If he doesn't then I think we need to make a move.

Aaron Gordon will likely demand a huge contract. If we can do it for Prince & Dinwiddie, I'm on board.

Gordon is signed for the next 2 seasons. him wanting a new contract is irrelevant. when he is a FA, durant would be also and we'd be shuffling pieces anyhow.

Magic have no need for prince. and dinwidde is 80% to matching the salary by himself. Dinwiddie, picks, and someone like Temple and kurucs maybe. they need a PG and a guy who has shown he can help win games. Dinwiddie fits

My fault for some reason I thought he was a FA.

This would be the ideal trade than in my opinion. Dinwiddie, picks and Kurucs for Gordon. I don't see why the Magic do it though. Unless he demands out.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#222 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:39 am

DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I wonder if the LeVert haters still think we should trade him next year lol. Its beyond obvious that hes our Third Star and should go nowhere.

I don't even want to entertain the idea.

Can you stop being so defensive and constantly throwing this out there every time he has a good game? It takes away from him doing well, it takes away from just enjoying what we saw, you’re labeling people as haters as if they don’t have legitimate reasons for feeling the way they do, and you act like this “proves” them wrong when it doesn’t.
This 100%. Seriously, I don't get it, its been pointed out for like the last 4 game threads. Why is there so much insecurity? Everyone is (rightfully) praising Levert in the game thread for a great performance, and no one has mentioned anything about trade value or anything. As fans of the same team, do you think that it kills me inside every time Levert has a great game, just because of the silly arguments here? I don't feel the need to say "I told you so" every single time, and I don't know why these guys do either, when it has no place in the game thread. Nothing would make me happier to see a guy we drafted at the start of the Marks era to become the third star to our two established stars, and bring a championship to Brooklyn. This isn't a competition, my guy.

Its not about saying I told you so.

Its about dispelling a silly myth you guys keep spreading about LeVert being an "inefficient player" and not capable of being a Third Star. Hes proven it time and time again when healthy. Hes just has had injury problems.

The narrative is dying and now.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#223 » by DarkXaero » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Can you stop being so defensive and constantly throwing this out there every time he has a good game? It takes away from him doing well, it takes away from just enjoying what we saw, you’re labeling people as haters as if they don’t have legitimate reasons for feeling the way they do, and you act like this “proves” them wrong when it doesn’t.
This 100%. Seriously, I don't get it, its been pointed out for like the last 4 game threads. Why is there so much insecurity? Everyone is (rightfully) praising Levert in the game thread for a great performance, and no one has mentioned anything about trade value or anything. As fans of the same team, do you think that it kills me inside every time Levert has a great game, just because of the silly arguments here? I don't feel the need to say "I told you so" every single time, and I don't know why these guys do either, when it has no place in the game thread. Nothing would make me happier to see a guy we drafted at the start of the Marks era to become the third star to our two established stars, and bring a championship to Brooklyn. This isn't a competition, my guy.

Its about dispelling a silly myth you guys keep spreading about LeVert being an "inefficient player" and not capable of being a Third Star. Hes proven it time and time again when healthy. Hes just has had injury problems.

For the millionth time, its not a myth, its what the numbers and eye test say. A hot stretch doesn't change that, I literally wrote about this well before this hot stretch even happened. The injuries aren't a valid excuse for the many subpar performances in the past. As well as Levert is playing right now, the questions still remain. So it's very much premature for these "I told you so" posts (they are), and it's getting repetitive now too. And I'm really not interested in another drawn out, pointless argument that leads nowhere, and derails the thread.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#224 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:01 am

Damn missed the game. Going to read my way into sleep with huge smile. I know it's Skip Baseless but still his troll game is a top notch :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
GTR11
RealGM

Post#225 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:07 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

:lol: at this point you just rubbing it in. He refusing to admit the fact LeVert taking it to another level. I'm hard on Allen but if he'll show me something during this PO series I'll have to reconsider a lot of things and direction we should take.
Let him be, he's in denial right now. Doing best Prok impersonation.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#226 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:11 am

LeVert has put up some data we need time to digest. 6's series, strong finish before Covid break and now in a bubble. He's so malleable and his confidence is of the roof :thumbsup:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,238

Post#227 » by Papi_swav » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:"Inefficient" :lol:

Read on Twitter

There are more than 8 games in an NBA season. even with the great 8 game stretch, his efficiency is bottom of the league type awful. Marquis teague type awful.

51.1 TS% after tonights game and the 8 bubble games.

it is an indisputable fact that he is inefficient. We saw 5 games like this vs. the 76ers in last years playoffs. if he could do this even 1 in every 4 games over the course of a long season it would be great. but he has not been able to do that or stay healthy.

The stuff Levert is doing over 8 games in the bubble is the stuff the guys rumored in a trade do over an entire season

You know he's lite years better than Marquis Teague despite the inefficiency . We all know Levert is injury prone, but we also know it takes Levert a little while to take the rust off. We've seen previously he gets hot during the end of the season. He balled out in these 8 games, and he was playing pretty well before the shutdown in March.

The 5 game sample size you're talking about , was in the playoffs. That is crucial play, might be a small sample size but those are thee most important games. You know he has potential to become a borderline all star player. I would like to know who are the guys rumored in a trade that does this type play over an entire season other than Beal.

We literally seen Levert lead this team , with 5 d league players as you like to call them, to probably the best run we've had all season. I just don't know how that doesn't excite you. Who would you rather us get for himm other than Beal or Jrue?
Godsplan
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#228 » by Godsplan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 am

I honestly just want next season with the same team, bringing back Harris if possible. This off season coming, Get some pick up of PFs and make small trades at best for more size. If that’s not working then begin to move more players by the deadline depending.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#229 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
I think JCrossover has something to do with Caris emergence. Also JV imo should get a chance with this team before anything, unless Pop's coming over of course.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#230 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Possibly game of the year + an elite performance from LeVert

TIME TO ARGUE ABOUT LEVERT'S EFFICIENCY

Y'all seriously need to move this garbage to the LeVert thread. Literally every single game since the return has been this BS. I'm sure it's gonna keep happening in the playoffs win or lose.

Shhhh.....let them have their fun. :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#231 » by ProspectPark » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#232 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:33 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
I think JCrossover has something to do with Caris emergence. Also JV imo should get a chance with this team before anything, unless Pop's coming over of course.

Jamal Crawford and LeVert are tight, ever since JC joined the squad he's been in Caris' ear mentoring him. None of this is a coincidence. LeVert's game in the bubble is markedly different from what we've seen before. He is becoming a player who is deadly in the mid range.

If the Nets want to blow the 15th roster spot just to keep Crawford in the locker room, I have no issues with that.

ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#233 » by ProspectPark » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:53 pm

John-S wrote:
Curry doesn’t need the ball just like Klay and can score 40-50 an given night just running behind screens and catch and shoot. That is why KD fit in like a glove even thought they were already chip winning 73 win team. He just made the unbeatable.

Anecdotally that makes sense. but it isnt entirely accurate. while curry can be an elite off-ball player, he is an extremely high usage on-ball player. in fact, 3 of currys 4 highest usage seasons where with Durant. and 2 of currys 3 highest season for attempts in isolation are with durant on the floor.

The warriors offense got alot more iso heavy/share the ball and alot less move the ball within the offense when durant arrived. the offense was not better from a ball sharing perspective with durant.

Russ or Harden? He could never win s**** with those guys. Curry is far more adaptable player than any of those 2 due to his insane shooting. He fit with KD and so di Klay. You don’t usually find players like Steph and Klay be as superstar effective without the ball until it is time to release it. Has everything to do with being perhaps 1-2 all time greatest pure shooters. Kyrie is not comparable to Steph’s play style at all. Only similarity is they are both guards.

1) Durant made the NBA finals with Russ/Harden. and took the 73 win warriors to game 7 of the conference finals with Russ. So lets lay off the "hasnt won s***" stuff like he was getting dropped in the first round like paul george or something.

2) Kyrie is alot more similar to curry then you are making it out to be... both Kyrie and Curry are 30-32% usage players over the past 4 seasons. Kyrie has shot it at 40% from three for 4 straight seasons. Curry has shot 25%/44%/43%/41% from three. throw away this year due to injury. so 1-2% better from three but also on 3 more attempts or so a game. which is significant.

Kyrie has shot 42% or better from three off ball on catch and shoot 3 of the past 4 seasons. So he is an elite off-ball shooter himself. The assit totals, averages and assist percentages between the 2 are near identical. with it varying who was better year to year but fractions.

13% of Kyries offense comes in isolation (like curry the bulk of his offense comes as pick and roll ball handler). Curry 9% in isolation last year (and that was with durant as a teammate).

While it is true curry is the most elite floor spacer, 3 point shooter of all time and a catch and shoot beast, Kyrie excels in all the same areas. Also true is that curry is an extremely high usage player who has the ball in his hands a ton between isolation and pick and rolls. and both players pass at the same rate.

The Idea that KD/Kyrie cant work when KD/Curry, KD/Russ, and KD/Russ/Westbrook did is just silly. I'm not saying they will turn into Frazier and Monroe chemistry wise but both ahve played next to stars and high volume scorers and made it work at high levels
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#235 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
I don't really think KD wants to play the 4 but if he does then I'm fine with it. If he doesn't then I think we need to make a move.

Aaron Gordon will likely demand a huge contract. If we can do it for Prince & Dinwiddie, I'm on board.

Gordon is signed for the next 2 seasons. him wanting a new contract is irrelevant. when he is a FA, durant would be also and we'd be shuffling pieces anyhow.

Magic have no need for prince. and dinwidde is 80% to matching the salary by himself. Dinwiddie, picks, and someone like Temple and kurucs maybe. they need a PG and a guy who has shown he can help win games. Dinwiddie fits

My fault for some reason I thought he was a FA.

This would be the ideal trade than in my opinion. Dinwiddie, picks and Kurucs for Gordon. I don't see why the Magic do it though. Unless he demands out.

The Magic didnt really want to extend him. but they didnt have great offers at the deadline and figure it was better than losing him for nothing. they have Isaac who is the better player younger and cheaper for now. They have alot of high-ish salary guys for a lotto team. They are primed to redesign that team. Isaac's injury may impact things.

Gordon also has kind of plateud. people look at the three point shooting but he really doesnt provide alot outside of sporadic good defense. a contender may bring the best out of him.

Magic have also been trying for like 5 years to get a point guard.

I think the philly pick would need to be included.

id be good with Dinwiddie/Philly pick/Kurucs for Gordon. my only worry would be we would have zero guards who are reliable to stay on the floor. Kyrie/Levert/Johnson are all big injury risks. and chiozza is a good dude but he aint dinwiddie. Would want a vet ring chaser at P if we made this deal in place
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:09 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Look man, I'm really trying to see it in your shoes but I'm struggling to validate the stuff your saying. I mean if you were claiming you think caris has all the makings to be a stud and think he is finally in a place were he can realize his potential ill respect your opinion. But you keep posting stuff and claiming it as fact and it really isnt accurate.

You keep saying "when healthy" "when healthy". Can you point to when this was? Year 1? 2? 3? This year? Before injury? After Injury? It is hard to really grasp the point you are trying to make if you dont define the time period you are considering him "healthy" since all of the obvious points of health show an inefficient player. (in fact its hard to find a sample bigger then 15 games were he is not inefficient)

-Year 1 he missed the beggining of the season with injury. are you consering him unhealthy upon return?
-Year 2 he played 70+ games. are you considering him unhealth then?
-Year 3 he played 14 games before his injury. are you considering he unhealthy pre injury? are you considering him unhealthy after?
-This year he played 10 or so games pre injury. was he unhealthy then? was he unhealthy upon return?

I'm not trying to be combative here, im honestly just trying to understand what periods you are viewing as him being " healthy"
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#237 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Prok, I'm totally with you on being skeptical that we will see this level of play from LeVert full time going forward.

However, comparing him to Marquis Teague is really bad bro. Come on man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We know that LeVert can ball. Can he stay healthy? be consistent? become more efficient? these are valid concerns.

But Marquis Teague :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#238 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:15 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:This 100%. Seriously, I don't get it, its been pointed out for like the last 4 game threads. Why is there so much insecurity? Everyone is (rightfully) praising Levert in the game thread for a great performance, and no one has mentioned anything about trade value or anything. As fans of the same team, do you think that it kills me inside every time Levert has a great game, just because of the silly arguments here? I don't feel the need to say "I told you so" every single time, and I don't know why these guys do either, when it has no place in the game thread. Nothing would make me happier to see a guy we drafted at the start of the Marks era to become the third star to our two established stars, and bring a championship to Brooklyn. This isn't a competition, my guy.

For the millionth time, its not a myth, its what the numbers and eye test say. A hot stretch doesn't change that, I literally wrote about this well before this hot stretch even happened. The injuries aren't a valid excuse for the many subpar performances in the past. As well as Levert is playing right now, the questions still remain. So it's very much premature for these "I told you so" posts (they are), and it's getting repetitive now too. And I'm really not interested in another drawn out, pointless argument that leads nowhere, and derails the thread.

I'm open to arguments that "when healthy" Levert has proven he can be an efficient scorer. My issue is this adamant denial of the healthy periods he was inefficient or lack of insight on what these referred to "healthy periods" are
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#239 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Prok, I'm totally with you on being skeptical that we will see this level of play from LeVert full time going forward.

However, comparing him to Marquis Teague is really bad bro. Come on man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We know that LeVert can ball. Can he stay healthy? be consistent? become more efficient? these are valid concerns.

But Marquis Teague :lol: :lol: :lol:

He isnt Marquis teague. Marquis teague is a scrub. my point was people need to stop demanding he is an efficient scorer while post efficiency similar to what marquis teague posted.

I'm actually a levert fan. im the guy defending him when many hated him early on because they were pissed we traded thad young and levert turned it over a ton early.

the guy is an excellent role player, can step up for stretches, great teammate, and does have potential if healthy. but people put him on this pedestal as some fringe all-star and untraceable asset. which is tough to defend when the guys scores 18 points on 16 shots with a 51 TS%.

Levert would get a ton more universal love here if people didnt homer stan him like he is comporable to like siakim or tatum or one of the actual young all-star types
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#240 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:23 pm

GTR11 wrote:LeVert has put up some data we need time to digest. 6's series, strong finish before Covid break and now in a bubble. He's so malleable and his confidence is of the roof :thumbsup:

I noticed alot more shots in the 6-8 foot range. Harris as well has taken more shots from 10-20 feet. Not sure if thats vaugn's influence or not but it seems to have helped.

Levert now reminds me of last year when Russell started taken a ton of mid range shots. both levert and russell are poor finishers for guys who get in the paint/rim so often. levert seems to be better at 6-8 feet as opposed to at the rim. hopefully that stays true with more volume. might even help him finish at the rim more if guys are worried about a mid range attempt.

his confidence is sky high, and unlike earlier in the year he is looking for allen at the rim. which also helps his numbers at the rim forcing less.

in any case, its awesome. he could be a super sub if he doesnt quite fit between KD/Kyrie and a bigger role when one sits or if we do decide to trade him his value is higher

Return to Brooklyn Nets