GT: Nets vs. Blazers & The NBA Playoffs- Thurs. 8/13/20 9:00pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Re: GT: Nets vs. Blazers & The NBA Playoffs- Thurs. 8/13/20 9:00pm EST 

Post#261 » by DarkXaero » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Paradise wrote:
Claud wrote:Reading the same people trash on Caris time and time again gets tiring af.

We get it, we've read the same thing for the last 3 years.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion but at this point maybe the Mods need to step in and create a Levert vs Din vs trade thread or something because reading the same takes for the 1000th time in every thread feels like a waste of time.

I wish we could just enjoy one of our own guys finally becoming the player A LOT of us Nets fans thought he could be.

Can we just enjoy Caris becoming a killer in the league?

Of course not.

We must complain and complain about him. Watch him get traded to a new team and then, complain about who’s replacing him when we lose two or three games in a row.

I should start bumping some of those hilarious D-Lo posts when he was dealt here, when he was developing and when he was scoring 52 for the Warriors while everyone got “tired” of Kyrie in 5 games.

Bi-poplar and clout level ****
Again, these are some double standards, just because you're now leaning in the "Keep Levert" camp. First of all, like I've said, this isn't a competition. Levert can stay here if he can successfully adapt to playing alongside KD & Kyrie. Second, the entire argument stays alive in every thread because people in "Keep Levert" camp get insecure, and feel the need to bring it up every time. I respond to those people, I don't provoke them. Third, I find it hilarious to see you call out fans for being fickle minded, when I've seen you have knee jerk reactions all the time. Lastly, as I've said many times before, I can easily see Levert thriving in a situation where he 's the primary ballhandler and lead guard, and as I've said million times, this is about his fit here.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#262 » by MGrand15 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Not surprised JA is playing a lot better here. Our locker room before was full of grouchy vets that rarely played hard who wanted him benched with a coach that lost the team. Now LeVert is the leader of the team - who's a super positive guy. Our vets are Temple, Crawford, and Thomas - who are true pros. Surrounded by a young hungry cast fighting to stay in the league. And he's forced into a major role. No splitting minutes with anyone else.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#263 » by therealbig3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm

I think people are intentionally ignoring how this started, nobody goes around trashing Levert...it literally keeps getting brought up by the same poster every time he has a good game how wrong people are for not thinking he's a star. He just doesn't have the body of work to justify that, certainly not enough to call people out for not being a 100% believer.

Stop knee-jerking to a hot stretch of games and calling us out, and we won't go around "trashing" him. And we don't even trash him, we literally just point out that he's not an efficient player overall, and he has a questionable fit next to Kyrie and KD. How does that make us haters? Honestly, when people talk about him being a star, blame all of his inefficiency on just him being injured, knee-jerk to an 8 game stretch, ignore the fact that his role now is very different than what it will be with Kyrie and KD and therefore we can't assume this is how he's going to play with them, act like he's this untradeable asset, and keep calling him young and full of potential when he's 26 years old and at an age where most players are at or pretty close to their peak, they're the ones being more biased than anyone else.

Does anyone honestly think there's a faction of Nets fans that actively root against one of our own players? That want to see him fail? That don't enjoy him having good games? That don't hope we ARE wrong and he DOES prove himself to be a star that can fit well with Kyrie and Durant? Does that make any sense to you guys? What Nets fan wouldn't want that?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,427

Post#264 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:50 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Not surprised JA is playing a lot better here. Our locker room before was full of grouchy vets that rarely played hard who wanted him benched with a coach that lost the team. Now LeVert is the leader of the team - who's a super positive guy. Our vets are Temple, Crawford, and Thomas - who are true pros. Surrounded by a young hungry cast fighting to stay in the league. And he's forced into a major role. No splitting minutes with anyone else.

This is really making me not want DJ on the team anymore. If he can't be a good vet and teammate and accept a bench role while helping to push Allen, why is he here?

Egos needs to be checked at the door. He's not a top center in the league anymore and he does not play hard all of the time. Why can't he accept his role?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#265 » by MGrand15 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I think people are intentionally ignoring how this started, nobody goes around trashing Levert...it literally keeps getting brought up by the same poster every time he has a good game how wrong people are for not thinking he's a star. He just doesn't have the body of work to justify that, certainly not enough to call people out for not being a 100% believer.

Stop knee-jerking to a hot stretch of games and calling us out, and we won't go around "trashing" him. And we don't even trash him, we literally just point out that he's not an efficient player overall, and he has a questionable fit next to Kyrie and KD. How does that make us haters? Honestly, when people talk about him being a star, blame all of his inefficiency on just him being injured, knee-jerk to an 8 game stretch, ignore the fact that his role now is very different than what it will be with Kyrie and KD and therefore we can't assume this is how he's going to play with them, act like he's this untradeable asset, and keep calling him young and full of potential when he's 26 years old and at an age where most players are at or pretty close to their peak, they're the ones being more biased than anyone else.

Does anyone honestly think there's a faction of Nets fans that actively root against one of our own players? That want to see him fail? That don't enjoy him having good games? That don't hope we ARE wrong and he DOES prove himself to be a star that can fit well with Kyrie and Durant? Does that make any sense to you guys? What Nets fan wouldn't want that?

No one cares how it starts if the end result is the same. Pages and pages of the same exact stats. Same exact arguments. Some of y'all aren't even commenting on the game. Just running straight to the same one poster and responding about LeVert.

We all have LeVerts career TS% year by year memorized at this point. We all have Beal, Lavine, and Holiday's stats burned in our memories. Like who cares at this point.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#266 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Not surprised JA is playing a lot better here. Our locker room before was full of grouchy vets that rarely played hard who wanted him benched with a coach that lost the team. Now LeVert is the leader of the team - who's a super positive guy. Our vets are Temple, Crawford, and Thomas - who are true pros. Surrounded by a young hungry cast fighting to stay in the league. And he's forced into a major role. No splitting minutes with anyone else.

This is really making me not want DJ on the team anymore. If he can't be a good vet and teammate and accept a bench role while helping to push Allen, why is he here?

Egos needs to be checked at the door. He's not a top center in the league anymore and he does not play hard all of the time. Why can't he accept his role?

Deandre's issue wasnt role it was lack of clarity on his role and/or what was needed from him to get more time. KEnny seemed to not be great with that. Dinwiddie seems to be the one most upset.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#267 » by therealbig3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:02 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I think people are intentionally ignoring how this started, nobody goes around trashing Levert...it literally keeps getting brought up by the same poster every time he has a good game how wrong people are for not thinking he's a star. He just doesn't have the body of work to justify that, certainly not enough to call people out for not being a 100% believer.

No one cares how it starts if the end result is the same. Pages and pages of the same exact stats. Same exact arguments. Some of y'all aren't even commenting on the game. Just running straight to the same one poster and responding about LeVert.

We all have LeVerts career TS% year by year memorized at this point. We all have Beal, Lavine, and Holiday's stats burned in our memories. Like who cares at this point.

Hmm, so stanning over Levert and actively calling out people that have their concerns about him is cool, but responding to that is not cool?

As long as people keep spouting **** that's not accurate, or selectively posting small sample sizes to try and portray something as fact, there will be people to call that out. ESPECIALLY if you're going to actively call out those same people. If that bothers you so much, then you should care about how it starts, because that's what's causing it.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#268 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:LeVert has put up some data we need time to digest. 6's series, strong finish before Covid break and now in a bubble. He's so malleable and his confidence is of the roof :thumbsup:

I noticed alot more shots in the 6-8 foot range. Harris as well has taken more shots from 10-20 feet. Not sure if thats vaugn's influence or not but it seems to have helped.

Levert now reminds me of last year when Russell started taken a ton of mid range shots. both levert and russell are poor finishers for guys who get in the paint/rim so often. levert seems to be better at 6-8 feet as opposed to at the rim. hopefully that stays true with more volume. might even help him finish at the rim more if guys are worried about a mid range attempt.

his confidence is sky high, and unlike earlier in the year he is looking for allen at the rim. which also helps his numbers at the rim forcing less.

in any case, its awesome. he could be a super sub if he doesnt quite fit between KD/Kyrie and a bigger role when one sits or if we do decide to trade him his value is higher

This is what some talking heads been bringing up lately. However they not talking about what JV has done this far and how he going to run things one's KD and Ky get back. I'm very excited to see them play. I had huge doubts but it seems like things can be figured out.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#269 » by ProspectPark » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Can you stop being so defensive and constantly throwing this out there every time he has a good game? It takes away from him doing well, it takes away from just enjoying what we saw, you’re labeling people as haters as if they don’t have legitimate reasons for feeling the way they do, and you act like this “proves” them wrong when it doesn’t.
This 100%. Seriously, I don't get it, its been pointed out for like the last 4 game threads. Why is there so much insecurity? Everyone is (rightfully) praising Levert in the game thread for a great performance, and no one has mentioned anything about trade value or anything. As fans of the same team, do you think that it kills me inside every time Levert has a great game, just because of the silly arguments here? I don't feel the need to say "I told you so" every single time, and I don't know why these guys do either, when it has no place in the game thread. Nothing would make me happier to see a guy we drafted at the start of the Marks era to become the third star to our two established stars, and bring a championship to Brooklyn. This isn't a competition, my guy.

Its not about saying I told you so.

Its about dispelling a silly myth you guys keep spreading about LeVert being an "inefficient player" and not capable of being a Third Star. Hes proven it time and time again when healthy. Hes just has had injury problems.

The narrative is dying and now.

Yea I don’t get it. On one hand these people say LeVert is old, injury prone, and inefficient...But then at the same time these people think LeVert + filler is good enough to get us Bradley Beal?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,875

Post#270 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:15 am

Deleted
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#271 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:19 am

I'm tired of having the same argument but there are a very vocal group of LeVert haters who have used game threads throughout the year to trash LeVert and say he should be traded.

Now that the reverse is happening they are crying. The height of irony. Just admit you were wrong and move on. Nobody is forcing you to argue with me and double down on your narratives.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#272 » by DarkXaero » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:52 am

7footMONSTER wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:This 100%. Seriously, I don't get it, its been pointed out for like the last 4 game threads. Why is there so much insecurity? Everyone is (rightfully) praising Levert in the game thread for a great performance, and no one has mentioned anything about trade value or anything. As fans of the same team, do you think that it kills me inside every time Levert has a great game, just because of the silly arguments here? I don't feel the need to say "I told you so" every single time, and I don't know why these guys do either, when it has no place in the game thread. Nothing would make me happier to see a guy we drafted at the start of the Marks era to become the third star to our two established stars, and bring a championship to Brooklyn. This isn't a competition, my guy.

Its not about saying I told you so.

Its about dispelling a silly myth you guys keep spreading about LeVert being an "inefficient player" and not capable of being a Third Star. Hes proven it time and time again when healthy. Hes just has had injury problems.

The narrative is dying and now.

Yea I don’t get it. On one hand these people say LeVert is old, injury prone, and inefficient...But then at the same time these people think LeVert + filler is good enough to get us Bradley Beal?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Show me one instance on this board where a poster even implied that, I'll wait.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#273 » by DarkXaero » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:55 am

MGrand15 wrote:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1983852#p83944119

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1983852&start=20#p83946096

No one:
MGrand15: Should we start the LeVert slander now or after another fun game?

I don't think you should be talking, dude.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#274 » by DarkXaero » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:56 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I'm tired of having the same argument but there are a very vocal group of LeVert haters who have used game threads throughout the year to trash LeVert and say he should be traded.

Now that the reverse is happening they are crying. The height of irony. Just admit you were wrong and move on. Nobody is forcing you to argue with me and double down on your narratives.
Yawn.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,427

Post#275 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:17 am

I love the lively debate bros. keep up the energy, regardless if i agree with you or not I love seeing yall care about the Nets.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#276 » by Papi_swav » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:41 am

Paradise wrote:
Claud wrote:Reading the same people trash on Caris time and time again gets tiring af.

We get it, we've read the same thing for the last 3 years.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion but at this point maybe the Mods need to step in and create a Levert vs Din vs trade thread or something because reading the same takes for the 1000th time in every thread feels like a waste of time.

I wish we could just enjoy one of our own guys finally becoming the player A LOT of us Nets fans thought he could be.

Can we just enjoy Caris becoming a killer in the league?

Of course not.

We must complain and complain about him. Watch him get traded to a new team and then, complain about who’s replacing him when we lose two or three games in a row.

I should start bumping some of those hilarious D-Lo posts when he was dealt here, when he was developing and when he was scoring 52 for the Warriors while everyone got “tired” of Kyrie in 5 games.

Bi-poplar and clout level ****

To be fair, that's 7/10 fans from every fan base.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#277 » by Papi_swav » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I love the lively debate bros. keep up the energy, regardless if i agree with you or not I love seeing yall care about the Nets.

Yea I don't mind it. There is good arguments and points on both sides. We just all want whats best for the team. But I'm pretty sure everybody on this Nets board is going to be Levert's biggest fan come Monday.
John-S
Junior
And1: 171

Post#278 » by John-S » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:23 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I was impressed by how we handled Portland's bigs. I thought we were going to get blown out because of their size. We got kinda lucky with our schedule and didn't have to deal with bigs that could destroy us inside. Our bench - with Rodi in foul trouble + possibly on a minutes limit since he hasn't gotten any rest - was just too small. But when all of our guys were in - Rodi and JA were battling and holding their own.

Collins did absolutely nothing. JV went with a weird strategy to put our PF on whoever their center was. I'm guessing it was to slow down the Dame/Nurk PNR and bait Portland into throwing it down into the low post. Worked pretty damn well until we had to start trapping Dame at half court.

I like the creativity though. I was worried that when Kenny left that JV would go with a more traditional way of defending. Starting in the bubble, we really stuck to man to man and switching a lot. Recently, we've played weird zones, trapped full court a bit, trapped Dame. I like it.

Toronto is pretty damn big with Siakam, Gasol, and Ibaka. Their guards are good enough so we can't let those bigs just feast inside. This was a good test. Scoring on them is gonna be a huge problem but if we can keep their front court in check, we should be able to compete.

Portland doesn’t defend man. Their perimeter (especially) and interior defence are both atrocious. You are talking about the 29th ranked defensive team in the 30 team NBA in the Blazers vs Toronto all around best D in the NBA. Even last year a major reason why a KD less warriors squad swept them out of the WCF was because of their D. Couldn’t defend the 3, couldn’t prevent penetrating the paint, no effective rim protection. Dubs having swept thought the last 2 games of Rockets and Blazers in the west without KD willcrazy ball movement and elite shooting, the level of defence in the finals they were confronted with was a shock to their system. They quickly turned into an underdog after game 1 from being favoured to sweep or win in 5 by everyone on ESPN and every casual but the most high IQ guys.

Coming back to the bubble, Morant looked very average in a meaningless game (to Toronto at least) earlier this week played 42 minutes and only shot 35% looking lost. Today he was slashing that atrocious perimeter defence and getting to the glass at will for career high in 35 pts. Portland might get swept even if LA is missing Bradley’s perimeter guard defence and can’t hit 3s. Bron will moonwalk at will to that basket for easy layups and get Nurcic in foul trouble. Whiteside was and is god awful
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#279 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:35 am

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I love the lively debate bros. keep up the energy, regardless if i agree with you or not I love seeing yall care about the Nets.

Yea I don't mind it. There is good arguments and points on both sides. We just all want whats best for the team. But I'm pretty sure everybody on this Nets board is going to be Levert's biggest fan come Monday.

Agreed.

I don't get why people are so tight about having discussions in a dead game thread.

Nobody would be posting about this game anymore anyway.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#280 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:57 am

I'd fallen way behind on games partly due to the times. Just caught it now. Wow. What a game. I knew the outcome before watching it. When dame hit that logo shot I figured he was about to take over... and the adjustment came. It was a battle on the boards and making other guys beat us and the game was RIGHT THERE to win and all we were playing for was competitive spirit. Great group. I'm locking in as a Caris and Vaughan stan.

Return to Brooklyn Nets