Play-In 1: POR vs MEM 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Gotta win twice starting today!
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Re: Play-In 1: POR vs MEM 

Post#2 » by vanjulio » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Liked the way they clawed back but Portland is a higher echelon team. Will have to bust some major ass to come back in 2nd half . Down only 6 . We still in it...
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,679

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:05 pm

The **** is wrong with Jenkins not challenging the refs **** ?.

It's one thing for them to favor Portland on the FT line & or bail out Lilliard's desperate flopping when they went down 8 mid 4th, it's a next to allow him to get 3 FT's off a clean block, with no challenge.

That one call was potentially a 8-9pt swing, 3 possessions. Instead of 6 & the ball, Portland pulled to within 3, in what came down to a possession loss.

I'm beyond tired of refs impacting Memphis games. #1 team in the paint, is near the bottom of the league in FT's. Maybe Memphis would get more FT's if they flopped on 3pt misses hoping to get bailed out instead of owning the paint ?.

Maybe next year Jenkins will show some growth & not let the refs **** over his team.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:43 pm

vanjulio wrote:Liked the way they clawed back but Portland is a higher echelon team. Will have to bust some major ass to come back in 2nd half . Down only 6 . We still in it...

The Grizzlies did their best to fight back in the second half. Portland made key shots down the stretch to win the final 8th seed in the playoffs.

This Grizzlies team is young and this season will serve as experience and lessons to how to handle themselves on the hardwood on game nights. This team will be back stronger and mature next season. They will need to make adjustments around their offense. A couple of scorers in the backcourt to assist Ja and perhaps a 3&D player around the SF position to help contain the opposition's best player.

Otherwise, this team held their own this season. This made the NBA took notice of them. Now that the West continues to get stronger, the Grizzlies will grow along with them. Making a name for themselves as they will continue to grow their foundation and fight to get into the playoffs next season.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#5 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 am

Agree.

Shoutout to ex-TimberTroll oldheads as well.

We all know 17 millions are a lot of millions for a backup C and we all know too The Shepherd Tolliver is far from his prime, but I think the dirty job they do at court makes easier for the younglings to shine.

I guess you badly missed the other ex-Minnie Tyus in this game.

Neither Ja Me Maten (astonishing talent and grind) nor Draymond Allen (sorry troll nicknames) are the kind of PG capable to organize the game and run the team.
You could have used some cold and clear head commanding operations at times.

I enjoyed your Bubble ride. You were funny to watch and earned a lot of sympathy and (hopefully) a bit of respect (specially from the referees) for future seasons.

I just wanted to say as a current Black Troll Suns PHX bandwagoner...

...we know how you feel.

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Crazy to me that Ja was playing with a fractured thumb the last four games. He still almost got us to the playoffs.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies