ImageImageImageImageImage

TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#241 » by cdubbz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:02 am

Scoots1994 wrote:Teams have been refusing to sell 1sts to the Warriors the last few years. I'd love them to buy another 1st ... don't know what cap mechanisms can be used to do that though, if any. I think the 2nd half of the 1st round this year is relatively strong.

Not sure we need to buy or trade for more 1sts unless it’s a no brainer deal. We got a lotto pick this season and next.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#242 » by cdubbz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:08 am

My TPE targets going off in the bubble! Gary Trent Jr & Austin Rivers lol. Also Bol Bol looking to be a decent rotation player.

Good time for these guys to get their value up!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#243 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:22 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Teams have been refusing to sell 1sts to the Warriors the last few years. I'd love them to buy another 1st ... don't know what cap mechanisms can be used to do that though, if any. I think the 2nd half of the 1st round this year is relatively strong.

Not sure we need to buy or trade for more 1sts unless it’s a no brainer deal. We got a lotto pick this season and next.

They don't need to, but I wouldn't mind more young talent to compete and grow for the future, and I think the number of protected players may go up so they can send them to Santa Cruz to develop. And after the cap starts recovering there will be fewer picks for sale so the opportunity to add some extra protected youth may be limited to this year.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#244 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:14 am

Based off recent rumors DAL MIN BRK LAL PHI BOS SAC are all candidates to dump salary into our TPE along with a pick. Who you got?

DAL Dwight Powell 3yrs-$33mil and pick #18
MIN James Johnson 1yr-$16mil and pick #17
BRK Taurean Prince 2yrs-$29mil and pick #19
LAL Danny Green 1yr-$15mil and pick #29
PHI Josh Richardson(?) 2yrs-$22mil and pick #23
BOS Marcus Smart(*) 2yrs-$28mil and picks #16, 27, 30
SAC Cory Joseph :) 2yrs-$25mil and pick #12

(?) I'm skeptical Philly would just unload a player as useful as JRich into our TPE and they certainly wouldn't throw a pick in on top of it. I'm sure Horford is the guy they want to move but I don't see how our TPE can help them accomplish that.

(*) Similarly, I don't think Boston wants to unload Smart but if they did they certainly wouldn't give us a pick to do it. Apparently they want to save money by selling their picks for cash. Maybe they can make enough money that way and keep Smart. I'm guessing they keep Smart, use pick 16 and sell 27 and 30.

:) Vlade is an idiot for saddling a Sacramento based franchise with the unwieldy contracts of Barnes and Hield. I don't see how we can help him unload either or why we would want to.

I'm leaning toward a year of James Johnson mainly for the pick although doing anything to help Minny out doesn't appeal to me at all.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#245 » by ShayDee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:59 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:Based off recent rumors DAL MIN BRK LAL PHI BOS SAC are all candidates to dump salary into our TPE along with a pick. Who you got?

(?) I'm skeptical Philly would just unload a player as useful as JRich into our TPE and they certainly wouldn't throw a pick in on top of it. I'm sure Horford is the guy they want to move but I don't see how our TPE can help them accomplish that.

(*) Similarly, I don't think Boston wants to unload Smart but if they did they certainly wouldn't give us a pick to do it. Apparently they want to save money by selling their picks for cash. Maybe they can make enough money that way and keep Smart. I'm guessing they keep Smart, use pick 16 and sell 27 and 30.

:) Vlade is an idiot for saddling a Sacramento based franchise with the unwieldy contracts of Barnes and Hield. I don't see how we can help him unload either or why we would want to.

I'm leaning toward a year of James Johnson mainly for the pick although doing anything to help Minny out doesn't appeal to me at all.

Philly are probably in pain atm,that Hoford contract is a killer, they might float a package of Hoford, Jrich and pick 23 along with some 2nds. Currently teams in the league are VERY hesitant to take bad contracts now. It's gong to be very expensive to dump contracts from now on.

Also the way teams view rebuilding moving forward is not to blow up but to draft rookies high and sign vets in order to win(Like Memphis, Dallas, Spurs) I think it helps develop the rookie better and he said teams value upperclass men in the draft is just better nowadays like PHX taking Cam Johnson at 11, so you will see many teams take this approach (PLS buy 30 and take Bane)

Also MIN might not trade their 16, instead will probably use 2nds to move him, I dunno if I would like a package of James Johnson and their 33. SAC also may look to sell their high 2nds. Lakers want their pick, they just might not want a 1st round pick, might look to trade down into 2nd round and you might be right, they might want to dump Danny Green and maybe Mcgee because they are looking for good FAs this summer

BRK are also very stupid, what they should've done is to tank these 8 games and let Wizards get in the playoffs, that would have given them back their pick from MIN at 16 because it's lottery protected. So they would have like the 10th pick and 20th pick. It said they were looking for a PG in the draft to prob replace Dinwiddie, they could've dumped Prince with 1 pick and taken maybe Cole Anthony with the other
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#246 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:37 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:Based off recent rumors DAL MIN BRK LAL PHI BOS SAC are all candidates to dump salary into our TPE along with a pick. Who you got?

With Dallas we could also trade the TPE for Curry+Wright and reload our backcourt backup depth. You might ask why for Dallas but they are projected to have 8 million in cap space, combined with the TPE and that’s 25 million. Dallas to me is one significant piece away but they will probably opt for the following years free agency with Giannis.

The Kings we could also see if they are willing to package Holmes with Joseph. Grabbing a point guard and center that are serviceable would be a nice grab.

This one isn’t ever discussed but the Heat could want to get rid of Igoudolas contract to pursue free agents and we could get them to include Nunn. Kinda weird bringing back two Warriors but a backup point guard and a wing who can defend are needed.

I wouldn’t mind it being used on a few guys for depth purposes.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#247 » by ShayDee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:08 pm

The NBAsupes guys got news on guys available this summer
Readily available players:

Suns:
Saric - Possible Option in my eyes
Oubre - Possible Option in my eyes

Nets:
Chandler
Prince

Hornets:
Batum
Zeller

Bulls:
Felicio
Thad Young - Possible Option in my eyes

Mavs:
Delon Wright - Possible Option in my eyes
Dwight Powell

Nuggets:
Grant
Mason Plumlee
Vonleh

Pistons:
Damn near everyone but the kids and Rose.

Pacers:
Justin Holiday - Possible Option in my eyes

Clippers:
Marcus Morris

Grizzlies
Dieng

Wolves:
James Johnson

Pels
E'Twaun Moore - Possible Option in my eyes
Darius Miller
Okafor

Knicks:
Portis is all I got for now. Still waiting on more info.

Magic:
Aminu - Possible Option in my eyes

Sixers:
Horford - Possible Option in my eyes
Mike Scott

A couple of options we can use MLE and TPE on. Surprising to me that Nuggets don't want to bring back Grant and Plumlee. He also says Plumlee has many suitors from WINNING teams for MLE, wonder if we are one of them. Justin holiday says he wants more mins. From DET I like Tony snell alot for a 3nD. Thad Young is interesting, but teams think he has regressed.

I'm extremely shocked Oubre is available. Maybe the Suns recent success indicates they don't need him. Please if the suns want to get rid of him I am NOT down to trade down for him alone, they have to add a future pick in that deal. Oubre for us would most likely be a rental. He will NOT get alot of mins here and I'm almost sure he will throw a fit and get all moody and his play might be a detriment to our team. I really don't get what people see in him. He has extreme tunnel vision, low BBIQ and plays only for himself, he would be a FA and he wants a payday we cannot give him. Other than that the rest are pretty obvious teams don't need them anymore.

BTW the quote was all from him I didn't change/Add anything. The possible option quotes are his opinion as fits with the Hawks
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#248 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:49 pm

Tony Snell seems like a heart breaker.

Oubre I like a lot.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#249 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:32 pm

It's going to be real interesting to see how the Suns handle the situation with Oubre this off-season.

They just went 8-0 with Bridges and Cam Johnson very ably manning the SF position in the bubble, while Oubre was out. It's safe to say that they're very invested in those 2 recent draft picks, and 3's a crowd there. (This said, they don't really have any decent PF's under contract, though Saric is Restricted.)

They don't have cap problems next year - even with Rubio's $17M and Oubre's $14.3M counted, they're coming in under $100M in committed contracts. However, if they move Oubre, it frees up additional space to potentially go after somebody at positions of greater need. However, then don't NEED to move Oubre for financial reasons, so it could easily become a bit of a bidding war for him.

One to monitor.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#250 » by Warriors Analyst » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:34 am

ShayDee wrote:The NBAsupes guys got news on guys available this summer

Suns:

Nets:
Chandler
Prince

Hornets:
Batum
Zeller

Bulls:
Felicio

Mavs:
Dwight Powell

Nuggets:
Grant
Mason Plumlee
Vonleh

Pistons:

Pacers:

Clippers:
Marcus Morris

Grizzlies
Dieng

Wolves:
James Johnson

Pels
Darius Miller
Okafor

Knicks:

Magic:

Sixers:
Mike Scott

A couple of options we can use MLE and TPE on. Surprising to me that Nuggets don't want to bring back Grant and Plumlee. He also says Plumlee has many suitors from WINNING teams for MLE, wonder if we are one of them. Justin holiday says he wants more mins. From DET I like Tony snell alot for a 3nD. Thad Young is interesting, but teams think he has regressed.

I'm extremely shocked Oubre is available. Maybe the Suns recent success indicates they don't need him. Please if the suns want to get rid of him I am NOT down to trade down for him alone, they have to add a future pick in that deal. Oubre for us would most likely be a rental. He will NOT get alot of mins here and I'm almost sure he will throw a fit and get all moody and his play might be a detriment to our team. I really don't get what people see in him. He has extreme tunnel vision, low BBIQ and plays only for himself, he would be a FA and he wants a payday we cannot give him. Other than that the rest are pretty obvious teams don't need them anymore.

BTW the quote was all from him I didn't change/Add anything. The possible option quotes are his opinion as fits with the Hawks

Plumlee would actually make tons of sense in Kerr’s system. I just wish he shot the three ball. Snell is not worth paying $11 million dollars a year. There’s no upside to be mined there. GRIII is just as good and will be lucky to make more than the minimum in the pandemic economy.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#251 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:28 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:

Suns:

Nets:
Chandler
Prince

Hornets:
Batum
Zeller

Bulls:
Felicio

Mavs:
Dwight Powell

Nuggets:
Grant
Mason Plumlee
Vonleh

Pistons:

Pacers:

Clippers:
Marcus Morris

Grizzlies
Dieng

Wolves:
James Johnson

Pels
Darius Miller
Okafor

Knicks:

Magic:

Sixers:
Mike Scott

Plumlee would actually make tons of sense in Kerr’s system. I just wish he shot the three ball. Snell is not worth paying $11 million dollars a year. There’s no upside to be mined there. GRIII is just as good and will be lucky to make more than the minimum in the pandemic economy.

He is a better 3point shooter and defender than GR3 and if he isn't worth it then who is? Oubre?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#252 » by Warriors Analyst » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:48 am

ShayDee wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

He is a better 3point shooter and defender than GR3 and if he isn't worth it then who is? Oubre?

I've watched most of Tony Snell's minutes that he played in Milwaukee. Robinson only shot 1 percentage point lower than Snell did this year, albeit on 1.5 attempts less per 36 minutes. Snell can't dribble, he can't finish, he can't really do anything other than stand and shoot. He's a solid defender, but the difference between he and Robinson is marginal. Robinson has more ability with the ball in his hands and can make more things happen in a motion based offense.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#253 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:28 am

I wonder if Toronto will keep both Gasol and Ibaka? Both are around 24 Mil. Wonder if we could do a sign and trade and send a draft pick to Toronto for Mac...have him come in and give us a couple years at 17 Mil? Ibaka, only being 30, might be worth a Paschal and draft pick in a sign and trade deal.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#254 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:43 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I wonder if Toronto will keep both Gasol and Ibaka? Both are around 24 Mil. Wonder if we could do a sign and trade and send a draft pick to Toronto for Mac...have him come in and give us a couple years at 17 Mil? Ibaka, only being 30, might be worth a Paschal and draft pick in a sign and trade deal.

I think a sign and trade with the TPE is our way to get one. The part that hurts the most is if Toronto moves off either it means they have enough faith in former Warrior Boucher. Boucher looks good, he’s fast end to end, blocks shots, and can hit a 3. Boucher looks like a lesser mans Ibaka which is why I think Toronto may opt to go with Gasol. But Ibaka is younger so I think it will be a tough choice for Massai.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#255 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:06 am

DAWill1128 wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:I wonder if Toronto will keep both Gasol and Ibaka? Both are around 24 Mil. Wonder if we could do a sign and trade and send a draft pick to Toronto for Mac...have him come in and give us a couple years at 17 Mil? Ibaka, only being 30, might be worth a Paschal and draft pick in a sign and trade deal.

I think a sign and trade with the TPE is our way to get one. The part that hurts the most is if Toronto moves off either it means they have enough faith in former Warrior Boucher. Boucher looks good, he’s fast end to end, blocks shots, and can hit a 3. Boucher looks like a lesser mans Ibaka which is why I think Toronto may opt to go with Gasol. But Ibaka is younger so I think it will be a tough choice for Massai.

Sign and trades are out because we're already over the apron which is the hard cap threshold. So if we want Ibaka or Gasol, it's going to have to be at the roughly $6mil taxpayer MLE.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#256 » by ShayDee » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:36 am

If Lakers are offering to dump Danny Green for their 29th pick would you do it? We would give them 48 and 51
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#257 » by azwfan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:32 am

ShayDee wrote:If Lakers are offering to dump Danny Green for their 29th pick would you do it? We would give them 48 and 51

Depends on who is available. I don't anticipate wanting to help the Lakers improve for pick #29 though. Unless we think Danny Green will be a big add for us?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#258 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:31 am

Green looked horrible tonite.

He old.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#259 » by ShayDee » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:51 am

If they willing to part with 29 Green can be a back up SG/SF for us
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#260 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:13 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:

Sign and trades are out because we're already over the apron which is the hard cap threshold. So if we want Ibaka or Gasol, it's going to have to be at the roughly $6mil taxpayer MLE.

I'm confused... Warriors can bring in a FA using the 17mil TPE but they can't TRADE the TPE and a draft pick for a resigned player? Is it the "TRADING" while over the apron that is prohibited?

Regardless, both Ibaka and Gasol are FA this coming year. So if let go, they could simply decide to join the Warriors at 17mil? Would that work?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors