Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1741 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:27 am

Wish both of them the best. Both played a part in building this team up...even if contributions the final year were not so much. Glad to see both of them will be on teams that will give them more playing time. YNWA
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#1742 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:27 am

danfantastk32 wrote: YNWA

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1743 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:16 am

A new left-back!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1744 » by HIF » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:20 am

Obviously happy to be a back-up.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1745 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:45 am

Don't know much about the guy...but I hope he's quality. Good to see a signing.

Welcome to the team!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1746 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Shout out to our boy Trent! Young Player of the Year. Good work, young man.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1747 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:14 am

Nike Unveil New Teal And Black Liverpool Away Kit

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1748 » by HIF » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39 am

Lverpool should never wear blue (as Leicester should never wear red).
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1749 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:31 am

HIF wrote:Lverpool should never wear blue (as Leicester should never wear red).

Yeah....I think you have a point there. We all know these things are ways to make $$$, but I do think a team nicknamed 'the Reds' aughta wear....you know. They are definitely different, and I kinda like them. I'm generally not a 'teal' guy...but they work.

But yeah....."the Reds"
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1750 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:48 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
HIF wrote:Lverpool should never wear blue (as Leicester should never wear red).

Yeah....I think you have a point there. We all know these things are ways to make $$$, but I do think a team nicknamed 'the Reds' aughta wear....you know. They are definitely different, and I kinda like them. I'm generally not a 'teal' guy...but they work.

But yeah....."the Reds"

I'm in agreement with Hif. I typically love light blue (teal). But this is just a big no-no. :nonono:

I hate the off-colors & wish they would stick with one shirt just once. I think winning the title means we should stick with the 19/20 shirt for a while anyway. :wink:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1751 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:53 pm

No posts for almost a month! Everyone still recovering from the title =0)

Good times.

Well....the next season is almost here, and away we go. So far it's been pretty quiet on the signing front. I would've liked to have seen us shore up a few positions with better quality, but it looks like we're going to battle with essentially the same group. Not sure that gets it done....but we'll see. I want to win the league again, of course....but I'm also alright either way. I know that sounds weird, but this title was a long time in the works for me. Watched us come crazy close several times. So this buys me a couple years. I still get excited thinking about it.

I think MC reloaded, and we did nothing. If I had to bet the house, I think this is gonna be MC's year....in a big way.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,705

Post#1752 » by UcanUwill » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Nike Unveil New Teal And Black Liverpool Away Kit

Looks great, I hate primary uniforms tho, I love bright red and hated those dark cherry ones, its just not liverpool IMO, but these new uniforms just has too much white, I would definitely replace white side lines and white collar to darker red or just make the same red color all together. Such a bland design, looks like something Ferrari mechanics would wear in F1
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1753 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:30 am

Not the win I wanted...but 3 points on the board. Get em' pretty....get em' ugly....just get em.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1754 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's done.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#1755 » by Foye » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:42 pm

Great deal for Liverpool. Bayern will miss him.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#1756 » by aggerrard » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 am

Big signing. I know it's as much a done deal as it gets, but we saw with Fekir how we pulled from the deal even after the presentation interview and pictures with him in the kit over some concerns from the medicals.

This is a necessary move to make. The quality in the squad are already top-5 in the world - but with the same group of guys for the third straight season, who have won in it all these last two seasons and with no competition coming in, i just don't see us perform at the same level. I think we've seen evidence from this both pre and post Covid. Some shaky results before the suspension and mediocre football during Covid to say the least. Just look at the defense, i haven't seen any balance in the team for a long time and the opposition keeps getting in favorable positions - and with both Gomez and Virgil underperforming atm, it's just too easy to score against us. Matip getting back in the starting 11 instead of Gomez would be major imo. And with Thiago joining, it should be a wake-up call for many players, and i do expect Thiago to enforce some 'new motivation' in the team. The quality are there, but i think the intensity on the pitch have decreased in 2020. Thiago also gives some new dimensions in the midfield, as he is a superior playmaker to anyone we have on the roster.

One more thing that concerns me. Firmino. I love him, 99% of the fans prob do, but at some point we gotta realise it's time for a change. I doubt Firmino finds his old form again. I don't see him as succesful in the pressing and he is turned into a huge liability when it comes to scoring and even assisting. He gets in so many good positions, but fails to make anything happen from it. I think this is the last season with Firmino as the clear nr. 9 on the team, and i think it was a major mistake to not sign Werner when he was there for the taking - and with the price he was a steal on the market, even during COVID. Firmino might turn it around and i surely do hope he can, but if he plays at the same level this season as he did last season, we gotta make a move next summer for a striker with a legit case to challenge Firmino.

Latest rumours also suggest some interest in Ismaila Sarr. I had him high on my wish list for this window, and i'm all for that transfer. It would leave us in a struggle with Africa Cup of Nations next season (21-22) going back to Jan - Feb which would leave us without Salah, Mane and Sarr for an extended period. For now a signing of Sarr would prob only be realistic if we can finance most of it from sales of the likes of Grujic and Wilson. Brewster might be on his way to Sheff Utd or Palace, which might be used to cover the Thiago deal. I'm not high on selling Brewster, but if it's necessary as part of signing Thiago and more investments this window, it makes sense. Especially if we can get a buy-back clause with it.

All in all the Thiago signing saves the transfer window. Tsimikas gave us some much needed depth on LB - let's hope he can perform at this level. Thiago is a top-5 midfielder in the world and should make us a better team. If we also had signed Werner, this would be a A+ window. For now i'd give it a B+ with Thiago - and maybe an A- or A if we can get a good player (like Sarr) who can give the front 3 some much needed competition.

Let's take the 3 points on sunday from that London team in blue and prove we can compete for the championship again this year! YNWA
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1757 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:52 am

aggerrard wrote:Latest rumours also suggest some interest in Ismaila Sarr. I had him high on my wish list for this window, and i'm all for that transfer. It would leave us in a struggle with Africa Cup of Nations next season (21-22) going back to Jan - Feb which would leave us without Salah, Mane and Sarr for an extended period. For now a signing of Sarr would prob only be realistic if we can finance most of it from sales of the likes of Grujic and Wilson. Brewster might be on his way to Sheff Utd or Palace, which might be used to cover the Thiago deal. I'm not high on selling Brewster, but if it's necessary as part of signing Thiago and more investments this window, it makes sense. Especially if we can get a buy-back clause with it.

All in all the Thiago signing saves the transfer window. Tsimikas gave us some much needed depth on LB - let's hope he can perform at this level. Thiago is a top-5 midfielder in the world and should make us a better team. If we also had signed Werner, this would be a A+ window. For now i'd give it a B+ with Thiago - and maybe an A- or A if we can get a good player (like Sarr) who can give the front 3 some much needed competition.

Let's take the 3 points on sunday from that London team in blue and prove we can compete for the championship again this year! YNWA

I don't know much about Sarr. But I'll take your word for it. I haven't watched a ton of Werner is he that big of a miss?

I thought Pulisic was over-hyped & would flop. Mainly because the U.S. men's team is garbage & couldn't qualify for the WC with him. But I was wrong about him.

You really think the club should move on from Bobby? The guy is so valuable even without scoring goals.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1758 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:29 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's done.

Very happy to see we got something. Welcome to the squad, and let's go defend the title! Man-$ are not playin' around
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1759 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:33 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
You really think the club should move on from Bobby? The guy is so valuable even without scoring goals.

I think aggerrard makes some great points, but I am not there yet with Firmino. I thought the guy was a huge part of our success.

I will admit....our offense didn't seem so potent last season. Our defense was what won the title IMO (the offense was good too, don't get me wrong). My 2-cents worth, is that I feel Salah has gotten a little selfish. It's killed that true "team chemistry" up front. I don't know.....that's just my take.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1760 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:35 am

Foye wrote:Great deal for Liverpool. Bayern will miss him.

Yeah...they wanted 30...and we held out, and got him for 20. Penny-wise.

Return to The General Soccer Board