ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES  

Post#1 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:49 am

VS

THE DEFENDING NBA CHAMPIONS

INJURY REPORT:

Crawford - OUT (hamstring)

LAST NETS AND RAPTORS PLAYOFF SERIES

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:21 pm

I like our chances.

This series will be a fun exploration. The Raptors are objectively better than this version of the Nets, part of the reason they have a far better record than ours. IMO, they are engineered to take down star-heavy, slow-paced systems. We are not either of those things. Also, their key players are at the 1 and 4, whereas our strengths are at the 2, 3 and 5 spots.

The likeliest outcome is that their defensive role-players choke the life out of our stars, turn us over and build their leads with transition 3's. It's imperative that our Big 3 play assertively, AND limit turnovers. That's a tall task. IF they can do that, finishing at the rim, interior passing and kicking out for open corner 3's (our newfound specialty, and their only defensive weakness!) can take down the reigning champions.

One thing for our coaches and players to watch for, the Raptors get SUPER floppy when things don't go their way. Kyle is the king of drawing charges, because he knows all the tricks to induce them. I have zero respect for that style of play, and I hope to see him pouting about not getting the whistle. On the other end, their shooters are masters at getting defenders to fill them while taking 3's. Our team is one of the more gullible, biting on shot fakes and putting out bodies in a shooter's airspace. We've got to play cohesive defense, close out and DO NOT FOUL. Know your role, none of our guys are the next Pippen so there's no reason for any of them to overreact here. I'm trusting Jacque to drop this into their heads. The series could literally hinge on disciplined perimeter defense.

Spicy P is the variable for which we have no answer. Rodi's defense has improved in Orlando, but I see him struggling to contain the All-star. If Pascal stays switched on, he can will his team to a series win no matter what we do. Fortunately for us, Siakam's only knock is that he struggles with consistent killer instinct. This could be his coming-out party as a superstar. If not, it's our window of opportunity.

I predict 4-2 Nets, and we won't even be the biggest upset in the Bubble. I'll dive into individual matchups more later. For now, GO NETS!!!!!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES 

Post#4 » by Claud » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Having to watch Lowry flop and cry every play... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :nonono:

He is talented enough to no do that **** ... it diminishes his game.

That aside, we are huge underdogs.

I'd be happy if we can win a game and continue to develop our guys.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#5 » by Reeko » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:15 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I like our chances.

This series will be a fun exploration. The Raptors are objectively better than this version of the Nets, part of the reason they have a far better record than ours. IMO, they are engineered to take down star-heavy, slow-paced systems. We are not either of those things. Also, their key players are at the 1 and 4, whereas our strengths are at the 2, 3 and 5 spots.

The likeliest outcome is that their defensive role-players choke the life out of our stars, turn us over and build their leads with transition 3's. It's imperative that our Big 3 play assertively, AND limit turnovers. That's a tall task. IF they can do that, finishing at the rim, interior passing and kicking out for open corner 3's (our newfound specialty, and their only defensive weakness!) can take down the reigning champions.

One thing for our coaches and players to watch for, the Raptors get SUPER floppy when things don't go their way. Kyle is the king of drawing charges, because he knows all the tricks to induce them. I have zero respect for that style of play, and I hope to see him pouting about not getting the whistle. On the other end, their shooters are masters at getting defenders to fill them while taking 3's. Our team is one of the more gullible, biting on shot fakes and putting out bodies in a shooter's airspace. We've got to play cohesive defense, close out and DO NOT FOUL. Know your role, none of our guys are the next Pippen so there's no reason for any of them to overreact here. I'm trusting Jacque to drop this into their heads. The series could literally hinge on disciplined perimeter defense.

Spicy P is the variable for which we have no answer. Rodi's defense has improved in Orlando, but I see him struggling to contain the All-star. If Pascal stays switched on, he can will his team to a series win no matter what we do. Fortunately for us, Siakam's only knock is that he struggles with consistent killer instinct. This could be his coming-out party as a superstar. If not, it's our window of opportunity.

I predict 4-2 Nets, and we won't even be the biggest upset in the Bubble. I'll dive into individual matchups more later. For now, GO NETS!!!!!!!

Our best defenders are actually at the 2,3 and 5. Fred, OG and Marc have been our best defenders this season. I look forward to watching OG against LeVert.

Kyle is the only guy that flops with any kind of regularity, I don't know where you got the notion that the team as a whole is "floppy".
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#6 » by DarkXaero » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:28 pm

I wish we had a little more help with our unavailable players, but right now I don't have reason to be optimistic about this series being competitive. We've definitely had a fantastic bubble, and we certainly overachieved, but this Raptors side is a really bad matchup for us with their elite defense, and size advantage. And while they lack a proper go to scoring option in playoffs, they have more than enough talent to score on our defense. They have the personnel to lock down Levert, and we'll be relying on hot shooting to steal a game or two. I hope it's a competitive, fun series, and more importantly, a valuable developmental experience for the young guys.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,851

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:10 pm

a buddy hit me up, asked me about the Nets at +9.5. I advised him not to touch this game.

I don't like how we match up versus Toronto's length with this group. Guys are going to have to hit their open threes for us to have a puncher's chance of even taking this to 5 games.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Klaw22 wrote:Lol

Hey, take solace in the fact that the only way the Raptors will ever beat the Nets in a playoff series is with half our roster being decimated by injuries and COVID19. :lol:

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Reeko wrote:

Our best defenders are actually at the 2,3 and 5. Fred, OG and Marc have been our best defenders this season. I look forward to watching OG against LeVert.

Kyle is the only guy that flops with any kind of regularity, I don't know where you got the notion that the team as a whole is "floppy".

Probably from South Park.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:55 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Everyone on the Raptors forum has beady little eyes, and flapping heads so full of lies

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#11 » by Papi_swav » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:29 pm

#Netsin4

Anyway, this is a tough matchup but I rather them than the Bucks. I'm hoping we can take game 1 because Craps always lose game 1 for some reason. I think we win a game in this series, 2 at most. We're going to need our shooters to be lights out to have a chance in this series. 75% of our roster is gone so it will be hard. Levert has to go Joe Jesus mode. Will be fun to watch though. I know we won't fold and we'll put up a fight, hopefully. I might break a tv because of that floppy rat Lowry.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:00 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Reeko wrote:Our best defenders are actually at the 2,3 and 5. Fred, OG and Marc have been our best defenders this season. I look forward to watching OG against LeVert.

Everyone on the Raptors forum has beady little eyes, and flapping heads so full of lies

Ma’am, you are a racist!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#13 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:05 am

Claud wrote:Having to watch Lowry flop and cry every play... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :nonono:

He is talented enough to no do that **** ... it diminishes his game.

That aside, we are huge underdogs.

I'd be happy if we can win a game and continue to develop our guys.

I couldnt agree with this more. i have a love hate relationship with Lowry. dude is tough as nails. a skilled player. good dude. works hard. but then he is an enromous flopper and kind of a baby at times.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:08 am

I thinks this goes 5 games max. Tornto is deep and great defensively. they have enough talent to exploit us and we cant rely on bothering a star or a lapse. Hopefully we can keep the games close. i like our chances to take a game getting hot from three. i think this was the worst possible matchup for us.

I think the Raps will come out of the east, and depending who the face have a punchers chance at another title. they have amazing chemistry
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#15 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:51 am

I'm not emotionally ready for how much I'm going to hate Lowry over the next week and a bit. I always start out thinking "I gotta respect him as a competitor, his accomplishments and his underdog rise to prominance", but I can't help myself. I hate the everything about him. His mock outrage and entitlement. I don't know him as a person at all. As a player he is fundamentally dishonest. Under the big lights, while the game clock is ticking he is a bad sport. I might hate him more than CP3... by a lot.

Have you ever been in a rec league and met a person in games who f**ks you off so bad that you wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, but then you meet them outside of basketball and they're alright? Competitiveness is weird.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:09 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Probably from South Park.

Ma’am, you are a racist!

I'm aboot social justice, eh?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:14 am

LOUiS-D wrote:I'm not emotionally ready for how much I'm going to hate Lowry over the next week and a bit. I always start out thinking "I gotta respect him as a competitor, his accomplishments and his underdog rise to prominance", but I can't help myself. I hate the everything about him. His mock outrage and entitlement. I don't know him as a person at all. As a player he is fundamentally dishonest. Under the big lights, while the game clock is ticking he is a bad sport. I might hate him more than CP3... by a lot.

Have you ever been in a rec league and met a person in games who f**ks you off so bad that you wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, but then you meet them outside of basketball and they're alright? Competitiveness is weird.

Kyle Lowry is one of those dudes that you hate when he's on the other team, but would love it if he was on your team.

That being said, I hope Jarrett Allen knocks him on his ass in this series.

I didn't forget that bull **** Lowry pulled with Allen awhile back. Jarrett should have bashed him in the face with the ball for what he did.

LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#18 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:17 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Kyle Lowry is one of those dudes that you hate when he's on the other team, but would love it if he was on your team.

That being said, I hope Jarrett Allen knocks him on his ass in this series.

I didn't forget that bull **** Lowry pulled with Allen awhile back. Jarrett should have bashed him in the face with the ball for what he did.

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#19 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:13 am

These start times suck. I’ll miss 5e first half of this game and miss the next two as they start at 1 pm. Hell nba people have to work
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#20 » by Stone » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:53 pm

This is all I'm going to say for now.......

The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence

Return to Brooklyn Nets