ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoffs Talk Round 1 WE'RE Back!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Re: Playoffs Talk Round 1 WE'RE Back! 

Post#21 » by Jedi32 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:40 am

Just happy to be back in the postseason.
Go Lakers
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#22 » by NippySudz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:52 am

chefy wrote:you're not alone.

they have the firepower and enough big men to give AD troubles.

this series is going to be a tough one.

low key this reminds me of the Mavs series.
What bigmen do they have that can give ad trouble? Maybe nurk. Hassan can't do anything to ad IMO. Hassan is always out of position. Despite his blocked shots he's a bad defender. He chases blocks over rotating/helping

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,649

Post#23 » by dockingsched » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Absolutely awesome breakdown of what to look for scheme wise in this series. Worth a read:

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#24 » by lazybatman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:02 pm

dockingsched wrote:Absolutely awesome breakdown of what to look for scheme wise in this series. Worth a read:

Read on Twitter

Nice share Docking!

I do believe the Blazers are a legit threat, bigger than the Rockets, given
-Damian Lillard
-their form, confidence and legit quality with a fully fit, well constructed squad
-Us missing AB and On/Off shooting from the perimeter players
-Our lack of offensive production in the post, and Javale McGee enjoying Disneyland more than the ball game lately.
-Lebron just being older and slower(his finishing at the rim has had the most significant drop off this season, which is his biggest weapon when it counts most)

Still think we should prevail, just based on the gap in quality of our big 2 vs. their big 2. However, if that remains the case throughout the playoffs is another story altogether.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#25 » by RamonSessions7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Portland is quite a flawed team. Their defense is completely awful, as is their depth.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Post#26 » by Beethoven » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Let's not get cocky here.

They got dame and McCollum two guys threatening to go off and destroy us who will contain them??

I'm calling you out now lebron ad and Vogel.
You want to go down in flames or will step up to what you should be??

Let the bball gods and the general board see here that we wholly believe we could definitely be the underdogs in this one.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
John-S
Junior
And1: 171

Post#27 » by John-S » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:58 pm

Nets might just want to forfeit games 2-4. This thing might be an ugly 4 game sweep. Levert looking like a scrub against elite wing defenders. Can’t even get a shot off. Not playing Portland atrocous D anymore. I don’t think they even needed to put Ananoby on hm yet. Rondie Hollins Jefferson seems to be more than enough.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#28 » by stan francisco » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Finally!

No NBA team in the playoffs is an easy opponent. Lakers in six.

They might very well keep up with us scoring wise. Defense should win us this series and should dictate our rotations.

PG: James/Caruso/Waiters
SG: Caruso/Green/KCP
SF: Kuzma/James/Green
PF: Davis/Kuzma/Cacok
C: Howard/McGee/Kostas

No LeBron team has ever ... ... err, missed the playoffs ... ?

Green and Kuzma and Caruso better lock in their aim from deep. LeBron needs to attack the rim a bit more. The defense needs to be kicked into playoffs gear.

It’ll be fun to see Rondo setting up Waiters, Kostas and THT. I hope JR Smith doesn’t play too much.

I’d guess that THT and Kostas will show up during this series.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#29 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Danny Green starts no matter what. We need a reliable shooter out there to take advantage of Portlands defensive lapses. I think KCP will also play a huge role in this series.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by NippySudz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:Danny Green starts no matter what. We need a reliable shooter out there to take advantage of Portlands defensive lapses. I think KCP will also play a huge role in this series.
DG is anything but reliable this year but hopefully he can turn it on this po season

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#31 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:36 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:Danny Green starts no matter what. We need a reliable shooter out there to take advantage of Portlands defensive lapses. I think KCP will also play a huge role in this series.
DG is anything but reliable this year but hopefully he can turn it on this po season

He's had some big moments in the playoffs that's why I trust his three ball more than anyone else on this roster.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by NippySudz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

He's had some big moments in the playoffs that's why I trust his three ball more than anyone else on this roster.
He had one good game last playoffs. And almost cost the raptors game six of the NBA finals with a hurt Klay Thompson

The time is now for him to start proving his worth. Last year regular season wise, he had a career year. I'm hoping for DG , his veteran instincts kicks in and he just starts playing better

Kuz not a fan of but his play, particularly on the defensive end in the bubble has shut me up.

I got the Lakers in 5.

lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#33 » by lazybatman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Green & KCP are indeed crucial to where we end up this year.. If they can combine for 25-30 points(5-6 made 3s) in 40 mins, it could mean the ring.

Green's form has been.. well.. Idk what to say. And KCP seems to be warming up all over again, and doesn't look anywhere close to where he was back in March, where he had us hungry for more minutes in place of Green / AB.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#34 » by slifersd » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Watching the games right now, god damn I wish we had signed Jimmy Butler. Can you imagine having him guarding Kawhi? Instead, we wasted $$$ on danny green and bradley, smh.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#35 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:42 pm

It’s the playoffs now.

Green will lock in his focus now and play for real keeps. I’d expect his defense to improve, too.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:21 am

slifersd wrote:Watching the games right now, god damn I wish we had signed Jimmy Butler. Can you imagine having him guarding Kawhi? Instead, we wasted $$$ on danny green and bradley, smh.
Jimmy signed for the max. Seems like he had his mind madee up. There were rumors he turned the clips down.

slifersd
Analyst

Post#37 » by slifersd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:48 am

NippySudz wrote:
slifersd wrote:Watching the games right now, god damn I wish we had signed Jimmy Butler. Can you imagine having him guarding Kawhi? Instead, we wasted $$$ on danny green and bradley, smh.
Jimmy signed for the max. Seems like he had his mind madee up. There were rumors he turned the clips down.

We had enough to sign a max player, that's what we offered Kawhi. I read at the time Jimmy would've been ours if we gave him the max, so who knows what he was really thinking. Either way, just thought Green and Bradley ended up being overpaid and under delivered and we could've done better with our money is all.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:50 am

slifersd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

We had enough to sign a max player, that's what we offered Kawhi. I read at the time Jimmy would've been ours if we gave him the max, so who knows what he was really thinking. Either way, just thought Green and Bradley ended up being overpaid and under delivered and we could've done better with our money is all.
I don't buy it I follow the heat closely. Wade sold him on Miami before he was even a free agent. I think he wanted to have his own team so he can prove to the sixers they passed up on the wrong guy. He signed to Miami rather quickly. It's not like he was waiting for the Lakers to make their decision

I think the Lakers did well considering their options at the time.

slifersd
Analyst

Post#39 » by slifersd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 am

NippySudz wrote:
slifersd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Jimmy signed for the max. Seems like he had his mind madee up. There were rumors he turned the clips down.

I don't buy it I follow the heat closely. Wade sold him on Miami before he was even a free agent. I think he wanted to have his own team so he can prove to the sixers they passed up on the wrong guy. He signed to Miami rather quickly. It's not like he was waiting for the Lakers to make their decision

I think the Lakers did well considering their options at the time.

Maybe, but I have a hard time calling spending 15M a year on Danny Green, who can't seem to shoot or defend at all these days money well spent lol.
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#40 » by Crooked-I » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:26 am

Danny Green :nonono:
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi

Return to Los Angeles Lakers