ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoffs Talk Round 1 WE'RE Back!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: Playoffs Talk Round 1 WE'RE Back! 

Post#41 » by BEazy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:33 am

Convinced Danny Green is the product of Greg Popovich coaching, He is so bad....

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#42 » by slifersd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:03 am

97 points against the worst defensive team in the bubble, i hope they are proud of their performance. Bad shooting, missing freethrows and getting cocky when they got a small lead. This team is not ready for the championship, they are not even ready for the playoffs if i am honest. Danny Green seems more concerned about his hair than anything else these days. Give his minutes to Caruso and Kuzma. He is a liability and has no reason to play in this series.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#43 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:08 am

slifersd wrote:97 points against the worst defensive team in the bubble, i hope they are proud of their performance. Bad shooting, missing freethrows and getting cocky when they got a small lead. This team is not ready for the championship, they are not even ready for the playoffs if i am honest. Danny Green seems more concerned about his hair than anything else these days. Give his minutes to Caruso and Kuzma. He is a liability and has no reason to play in this series.

The coaching decision to take out kuz wasn't a good one. Kuz has been playing great offensively and defensively in the bubble. Should have just left him in. Wasn't shooting great but he was making good plays imo.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#44 » by RamonSessions7 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:18 am

slifersd wrote:97 points against the worst defensive team in the bubble, i hope they are proud of their performance. Bad shooting, missing freethrows and getting cocky when they got a small lead. This team is not ready for the championship, they are not even ready for the playoffs if i am honest. Danny Green seems more concerned about his hair than anything else these days. Give his minutes to Caruso and Kuzma. He is a liability and has no reason to play in this series.

Whoa whoa whoa *93 points
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#45 » by chefy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:29 am

I don’t expect much from Danny in the first place tbh. He got put on the spotlight and people expect a lot from him because he’s the best free agent that the FO was able to sign last offseason. Hell have a good game here and there but at the end of the day he’s just a 2nd tier role player. He’s probably the same level as 08-11 version of Fisher right now. He’s due for a good game tho.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#46 » by slifersd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 am

chefy wrote:I don’t expect much from Danny in the first place tbh. He got put on the spotlight and people expect a lot from him because he’s the best free agent that the FO was able to sign last offseason. Hell have a good game here and there but at the end of the day he’s just a 2nd tier role player. He’s probably the same level as 08-11 version of Fisher right now. He’s due for a good game tho.

Here is my issue with Green. He is labelled as an elite 3 and D player, and he was paid as such. I can understand if he doesn't average 15 points a game, but I can't accept that he basically doesn't do anything. He can't shoot and I can't remember the last time his defense locked anyone down. He is basically negative value to the team right now when he plays. Again, I wasn't expecting Paul George Jr from him, but I was expecting better than nothing.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#47 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 pm

NBA can't afford to have Lakers crash out in the first round.

They need to deliver big playoffs ratings or else the finances of the league will be in trouble.

Lakers lose, their huge fanbase tunes off.

So expect officiating shenanigans, like the time the the Lakers went to the FT line 32 times in the 4th quarter of a crucial playoffs game vs. the Kings.

As it is, Lebron was throwing Blazers around to get his 17 rebounds. Now from now on, Howard is going to be able to play like Shaq, push with impunity and get away with it.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#48 » by chefy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:11 am

can't believe knicks traded porzingis
bballfan1234
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#49 » by bballfan1234 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:34 am

wco81 wrote:NBA can't afford to have Lakers crash out in the first round.

They need to deliver big playoffs ratings or else the finances of the league will be in trouble.

Lakers lose, their huge fanbase tunes off.

So expect officiating shenanigans, like the time the the Lakers went to the FT line 32 times in the 4th quarter of a crucial playoffs game vs. the Kings.

As it is, Lebron was throwing Blazers around to get his 17 rebounds. Now from now on, Howard is going to be able to play like Shaq, push with impunity and get away with it.

Conspiracy theorist! Banned! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#50 » by NippySudz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:56 am

NippySudz wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
NippySudz wrote:DG is anything but reliable this year but hopefully he can turn it on this po season

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

He's had some big moments in the playoffs that's why I trust his three ball more than anyone else on this roster.
He had one good game last playoffs. And almost cost the raptors game six of the NBA finals with a hurt Klay Thompson

The time is now for him to start proving his worth. Last year regular season wise, he had a career year. I'm hoping for DG , his veteran instincts kicks in and he just starts playing better

Kuz not a fan of but his play, particularly on the defensive end in the bubble has shut me up.

I got the Lakers in 5.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Prediction looking good right now. 8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#51 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:23 pm

I had us winning in six but I’d rather see it all end in game five tonight.

Our defense is badass again. The offense seemed to have fallen into place in game four. Let’s build from there and up but the defense is our money.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers