ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Watching the neighbors

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#1 » by Kelphus » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:01 am

Bucks AND fLakers go down in game 1 of their series against the 8th seed.

I will sleep like a baby.

fLakers should be very concerned. I am torn.

I want the clippers to meet and then thrash the fLakers in the WCF on their march to glory. But I also love seeing them cut down to size in the first round.

ah, sweet schadenfreude!
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,180

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#2 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:30 am

Pretty alarming for the Lakers that they only managed to score 93 against the same Blazers "defense" that couldn't stop our third stringers. Their lack of any reliable three-point shooters is really showing.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:50 am

Kelphus wrote:Bucks AND fLakers go down in game 1 of their series against the 8th seed.

I will sleep like a baby.

fLakers should be very concerned. I am torn.

I want the clippers to meet and then thrash the fLakers in the WCF on their march to glory. But I also love seeing them cut down to size in the first round.

ah, sweet schadenfreude!

Well done, Brother Kelly! I was just going to start a thread like this myself!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm a Philly boy--East Coast old school. When you hate on your rivals, it's twice as much fun!! Of course I watched the Laker game tonight!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought they would pull it out, but regardless, my comment was going to be that the Blazers are gonna make them WORK. And I don't think this will make the Lakers a better defensive team. They're a crap defensive team [especially without the much-maligned Avery Bradley, lol]. They're not even a team. Bron will step it up even further and put them on his back, probably all the way to the conference finals vs. the Clippers.

I love to hate him but Bron is THAT good. But after that, there's no way Bron can drag this collection of garbage past Kawhi, PG, Lou, Trezz and Pat.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#4 » by NippySudz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:55 pm

I want the lakers to make it to the WCF and the clippers. I don't want to see clippers vs denver or something. Idk, I want the team to face lebron james if we were to make it.

Bucks I don't care for. They're pretenders. I thought things would change, but its not going to.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#5 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:23 am

Nugs SMOKED by the Jazz

Wear each other out!!
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by NippySudz » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 am

if we get a No LA WCF, I think i'm going to cry.

I want both teams to do well enough to make it there.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#7 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:13 am

This board laughed at Bud and Vogel for losing their Game 1s. They made adjustments, bounced back and redeemed themselves from those embarrassments.

Is Doc going to do the same tomorrow, or is it going to be another night of excuses?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:11 am

MartinToVaught wrote:This board laughed at Bud and Vogel for losing their Game 1s. They made adjustments, bounced back and redeemed themselves from those embarrassments.

Is Doc going to do the same tomorrow, or is it going to be another night of excuses?

Are you going to make excuses and say we were bailed out or are you going to acknowledge the adjustments doc made, starting shamet, playing zubac in the second half, switching dorian onto zubac to stop middle penetration?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by NippySudz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:22 am

Man lebron looked great tonight. I really hope we get the LA showdown

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:05 pm

I'm watching us.

Our A game beats their A game.
We need Paul George to grow a nutsack and start producing like he does in the regular season in order to beat them.

But I'm watching us.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#11 » by Kelphus » Sat Sep 5, 2020 7:39 am

fLakers lose game 1

Such mixed emotions... I want our guys to smack em
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#12 » by esqtvd » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:07 am

biotch-ass puunk

Houston doesn't even have a center

Lakers Star Anthony Davis Willing to Make Significant Sacrifice

By J.R. De Groote
Updated Sep 5, 2020 at 2:35pm

If the Los Angeles Lakers are going to get by the Houston Rockets in the Western Conference Semifinals, they’re going to have to put a different product on the floor than what they showed in Friday’s 112-97 Game 1 Loss.

That could include Anthony Davis shifting from his normal power forward position to center, a spot he has not been fond of. After the series-opening loss, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported that Davis is willing to make the change against the Rockets, which is a major paradigm shift for the former No. 1 overall pick.

Davis has previously been very resistant to play center, as evident from his introductory press conference with the Lakers.

“I like playing the four, I’m not even going to sugarcoat it. I like playing the four, I don’t really like playing the five,” Davis said.

That being said, moving to the five against the Rockets is a different story than most other teams. PJ Tucker, who is 6-foot-5, has been playing “center” for the Rockets and had a lot of success against Davis in Game 1. Tucker — who makes up for his lack of size with tenacity — was the primary defender on Davis for 26 half-court possessions in Game 1 and the Lakers All-Star managed 0 points on those possessions, per ESPN Stats and Information. He only attempted one shot.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/2020/09/anthony-davis-center-rockets/?fbclid=IwAR1UNcjIIBZmruCgwnR_8XD7Sn8PHv1ISuZR2ce_a5f1nvYpmiSjUBRm2Og
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,083

Post#13 » by LamarWho » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:02 am

Houston looks done. Whatever direction they are trying to go, it's just not working.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by NippySudz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:45 am

Lakers looked prime and ready. LeBron isn't playing around. The stage is about to be set for who is the best player in the world.Can't wait. Scary, but can't wait lol. Let's hope both teams take care of business by Monday.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#15 » by esqtvd » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:46 am

god the Rockets are so gutless

blow it up
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#16 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:31 am

And they’re whipping ass and taking care of business while we are losing our discipline.

Like I said.
I’m watching us.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#17 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:32 am

Wow, imagine that. Closing out a 3-1 lead with no drama or BS. Must be nice.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,116

Post#18 » by og15 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:35 am

OKC would have given the Lakers a better fight, that team never quits, and they can defend
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#19 » by esqtvd » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:39 am

og15 wrote:OKC would have given the Lakers a better fight, that team never quits, and they can defend

Probably would have been swept, but at least they wouldn't have died like dogs.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#20 » by esqtvd » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Wow, imagine that. Closing out a 3-1 lead with no drama or BS. Must be nice.

Here, Monica, get yourself some knee pads. :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers