ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES 

Post#281 » by Papi_swav » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:30 am

Smithers wrote:Brooklyn started a little sluggish to start but made a great run there. Toronto was getting a ton of calls from the refs. I think as long as you guys can hit your 3’s & the officiating evens out- Brooklyn has a great shot in game 2.

Wow I'm glad a Canadian guy is even saying this. Most of those fans are denying this fact. Refs gifted the raps alot of calls and shot double the free throws we had. Refs always giving in to that fat rat Lowry flopping a$$ it's so annoying.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 1: Nets @ Raptors - Monday, 08/17/20 - 4:00 PM | ESPN & YES 

Post#282 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:23 am

To my fellow Nets fans, I apologize for the static you endured on my behalf. I do stand by my comments, and I didn't mean to go silent or run away from the criticism. Partly, I was at work. But I did lurk on the forum and keep up with the game, I just knew I couldn't really dive into a back-and-forth debate. I honestly didn't expect my post to elicit such vitriol. My bad, that was alot of chatter from outside voices that you guys should not have had to deal with.

As for my takeaways from game 1:

-- Jarrett played well but I think he has another gear, and we'll need smarter play from Rodi. IMO the switched defensive assignment is the right call by Jacque, now we just need to execute.
-- Caris was composed and played a clean game. He can't be careless or foolhardy, but we'll need him to be more assertive in probing the lane for his shot and for penetrating passes.
-- Joe was a rock, and I mean that in a good way. TLC kept us in it.
-- Temple was a calming force and organized the defense but his inability to hit open shots makes him a liability and they exploited that. I know that TJ was not much better shooting, but I think he provides more of what we need in the 1st unit right now. He defends as well as Garrett, generally shoots it a bit better and most importantly in this series, can reliably initiate the offense under duress. Toronto likes to show 3/4 press, and Caris needs someone else to bring up the ball, in order for him to score efficiently.
-- I was glad to see Chiozza back, though I hope he can match up better with their undersized guards going forward. We may need to switch up the rotation and make Martin the first guard off the bench. Someone needs to cool off FVV.

We'll see how the rest of the series shapes up, I'm rooting for our guys no matter what! GO NETS!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#283 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:04 am

Papi_swav wrote:Wow I'm glad a Canadian guy is even saying this. Most of those fans are denying this fact. Refs gifted the raps alot of calls and shot double the free throws we had. Refs always giving in to that fat rat Lowry flopping a$$ it's so annoying.

Fat ass should be fined for that one where he drew a 'charge' and was clearly falling over before there was contact.

Return to Brooklyn Nets