Are you bandwagonning anyone this postseason?

Moderator: G R E Y

-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Are you bandwagonning anyone this postseason? 

Post#1 » by -Sammy- » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:10 am

With our team sitting this postseason out, are any of y'all going to pick a wagon and jump on?

I think it would be intriguing if Milwaukee won, and I admit to liking what they're built there. I've never hated the Mavs as much as a lot of Spurs fans do (historically, Houston is still the bigger in-state rival and the team I generally refuse to get behind), and I admire how quickly they've rebuilt post-Dirk-- plus, Luka's easy to like, and as a proud Texan, I feel better going for another Lone Star team when mine is out.

Of course, I'm automatically on-board for whomever the Clippers are playing; I'm still bracing myself for the possibility that I may have to bandwagon the Lakers at some point. Typing that feels very, very dirty.

Who are you pulling for in these playoffs?
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,655

Re: Are you bandwagonning anyone this postseason? 

Post#2 » by G R E Y » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:06 am

Celtics - original favourites when I started following the NBA way back when, and I respect the heck out of the four Cs who put in the time on Team USA last summer. Huge respect. Wish them the best :D
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#3 » by imagump1313 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:37 am

I think I'm in the minority that I really don't care who wins because its not a real championship IMO.

With that said, I'm trying to decide who I would want to win and its hard.

In the East:
Milwaukee? I used to pull for Giannis but he's becoming annoying. Learn how to actually play basketball first instead of just being bigger and stronger than everyone else.
Orlando? It would be the perfect ending to this crazy year so maybe them. I would love for people to try to explain that.
Indiana? See Orlando
Miami? I love Butler so I guess that would be ok.
Boston? I like their team but there fans are dicks, so no.
Philadelphia? Embid is a joke so never.
Toronto? I actually think they would be the one I would pull for because if they could win again it would take some of the credit away from Leonard for last year.
Brooklyn? I would love to see them win this year and then fail to make the playoffs next year with Durant and Irving LOL.

The West:
The Lakers? F_CK THEM! Never in a million years.
Portland? I wouldn't mind them taking out the Lakers but there are soo many bandwagon fans for them right now they have become annoying.
Houston? I wouldn't mind seeing Westbrook win something but never ever would I want Harden to win anything.
Oklahoma City? Maybe if Chris Paul missed the entire playoffs so players I actually like could win.
Denver? Wouldn't mind them
Utah? I used to LOVE Jazz basketball but Mitchell is starting to annoy me with his whining and Gobert is a dick.
Clippers? F_CK THEM. Paul George is a total a-hole and Leonard could never win anything the rest of his like and I would still pull for him to lose whatever he does.
Dallas? Too much of a Spurs rival. Doncic and Porzingis are also becoming annoying.

I guess I would want Toronto vs Denver with Toronto winning again but whatever..........
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#4 » by imagump1313 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:05 am

Just thinking out loud. Toronto vs Denver final.....

The NBA would have a hissy fit with that matchup LOL
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#5 » by Phreak50 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Toronto. For obvious reasons. And hate everyone in the West draw.

Return to San Antonio Spurs