ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: 1st Round | Game 2: Nets @ Raptors - Weds, 08/19/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,543

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 2: Nets @ Raptors - Weds, 08/19/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#321 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I still have no idea how that happened, or why Temple was spazzing out at the end...it looks like he fumbled the ball

He was pushed out of bounds super hard, I think. As I think Claud said earlier, YES network hates replaying questionable calls though, so maybe I'm wrong lol.

they didn't show it at all...i'm just like...how the hell did this even happen?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Re: GT: 1st Round | Game 2: Nets @ Raptors - Weds, 08/19/20, 1:30 PM | YES & NBATV 

Post#322 » by ProspectPark » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Allen’s passing is a joy to watch. There are bigs in the league who have played for 10+ years that can’t make that pass to the corner.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#323 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:24 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:That was a super disgusting end by the refs as well. That was most obviously a backcourt and instead they allow the steal and the game sealing dunk and the OBVIOUS force out on Temple at the very end. Absolutely disgraceful that they allow stuff like that.

Toronto has gotten away with physical play and flopping all game long, but as soon as Rodi busts someone in the head they want to call flagrant fouls.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#324 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:Your team plays hard and never gives up, this Nets team has alot of heart.

Thanks bro. Good game.

B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#325 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:Your team plays hard and never gives up, this Nets team has alot of heart.

Thanks bro. Good game.

The Nets are the favourites to come out of the East next year IMO.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#326 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:27 pm

17 turnovers to 9. There's your answer.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#327 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Levert gave us a great start....

But after gassing out, due to him and the coaches, we lost the edge and momentum we had... totally faded out the rest of the shooters on the court...

Come on guys... TLC brings it with 3

He can't carry the load vs this elite defense.

Nobody else does anything on offense besides hitting open shots, and Allen rolling to the rim.

People are asking a LOT right now from LeVert. and this roster in general.

Yeah, chucking today aside, he's grown immensely this last month and a half. And there's no one else to take charge and put the pressure on anyway. He's being overextended against a premier deflopse and he's still got his own limits.

Complaining aside, I am in no way mad at Caris. You can't be mad at a guy because he didn't suddenly go from a young Joe Johnson type player on the rise, to prime LeBron in one night, or mad at him because he's thrust into a bigger role than he's meant for. He's gone out and exceeded expectations and in this series, this game, with this current roster, there is no one else.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#328 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:30 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:Allen’s passing is a joy to watch. There are bigs in the league who have played for 10+ years that can’t make that pass to the corner.

This has kind of been buried in all the talk of how far Caris has come. I've been extremely impressed with him as well and in particular his passing, overall defense especially on switches to smaller faster players and recoveries in the paint, plus his rebounding.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Post#329 » by ProspectPark » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Another positive I’m seeing from the Nets is we’re getting better at limiting transition buckets.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#330 » by DarkXaero » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:36 pm

I thought Allen was immense defensively today, that was the biggest positive for me today. He played like a proper defensive anchor today, while working his ass off on the offensive glass. Still has a long way to go on offense but he was comfortably our best player today.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Post#331 » by ProspectPark » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:39 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:Allen’s passing is a joy to watch. There are bigs in the league who have played for 10+ years that can’t make that pass to the corner.

This has kind of been buried in all the talk of how far Caris has come. I've been extremely impressed with him as well and in particular his passing, overall defense especially on switches to smaller faster players and recoveries in the paint, plus his rebounding.

His hook shot is money. No hesitation either lol.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#332 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:45 pm

I am not looking forward to the Allen/Jordan conversation next year.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#333 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:46 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

He's already one of the top tier 2 centers in this league and has a ton of untapped potential that will likely come just through experience and built confidence. That's why I'd be hesitant to give him up in any deal that wasn't for a guy like KAT, Embiid, Beal, Mitchell, or someone of the similar ilk.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect

Post#334 » by ProspectPark » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:53 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:This has kind of been buried in all the talk of how far Caris has come. I've been extremely impressed with him as well and in particular his passing, overall defense especially on switches to smaller faster players and recoveries in the paint, plus his rebounding.

He's already one of the top tier 2 centers in this league and has a ton of untapped potential that will likely come just through experience and built confidence. That's why I'd be hesitant to give him up in any deal that wasn't for a guy like KAT, Embiid, Beal, Mitchell, or someone of the similar ilk.

I love when young players add something new to their game every year. Plus he’s a no nonsense hard worker. As he bulks up, he will be able to throw his weight around more. I wana see him taunt people and stare them down after he blocks shots. Makes mf’ers think twice about coming in the paint!
John-S
Junior
And1: 171

Post#335 » by John-S » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:He didn't even try to stop Spicy P, he just stood there and grabbed him.

Siakam has been ass these last 2 games offensively. Locking up and clamping down on Levert when he switches on to him or anyone else for that matter on the defensive end but on the offensive he has been assss cuz no one on the Nets roster should be able to guard him.
John-S
Junior
And1: 171

Post#336 » by John-S » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:07 pm

DarkXaero wrote:I thought Allen was immense defensively today, that was the biggest positive for me today. He played like a proper defensive anchor today, while working his ass off on the offensive glass. Still has a long way to go on offense but he was comfortably our best player today.

For Allen to unlock his game he need to develop a shot to spread the floor a bit. He is good.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#337 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:14 pm

You know I didn’t watch the game. Had to work. But I watched the play by play online. And I know I didn’t have expectations for this game. But to be ahead the whole game to only lose it at the end actually feels worse that Monday
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#338 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:22 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
He can't carry the load vs this elite defense.

Nobody else does anything on offense besides hitting open shots, and Allen rolling to the rim.

People are asking a LOT right now from LeVert. and this roster in general.

Yeah, chucking today aside, he's grown immensely this last month and a half. And there's no one else to take charge and put the pressure on anyway. He's being overextended against a premier deflopse and he's still got his own limits.

Complaining aside, I am in no way mad at Caris. You can't be mad at a guy because he didn't suddenly go from a young Joe Johnson type player on the rise, to prime LeBron in one night, or mad at him because he's thrust into a bigger role than he's meant for. He's gone out and exceeded expectations and in this series, this game, with this current roster, there is no one else.

He is facing ELITE defensive pressure that is usually reserved for superstars, and even then superstars usually don't have G League level players to kick the ball out to. Next season the Raptors won't be doing any of this against us, they'll be getting cooked if they even dare.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#339 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:23 pm

John-S wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I thought Allen was immense defensively today, that was the biggest positive for me today. He played like a proper defensive anchor today, while working his ass off on the offensive glass. Still has a long way to go on offense but he was comfortably our best player today.

For Allen to unlock his game he need to develop a shot to spread the floor a bit. He is good.

If he can get get a 15 foot jumper to go down consistently that will be a championship level move for this roster

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#340 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I am not looking forward to the Allen/Jordan conversation next year.

Sean needs to sit KD and Kyrie down and nip this in the bud. Politics should not stand in the way of progress. If Allen is playing this way or even better come training camp, Jordan will need to check his ego.

Return to Brooklyn Nets