ImageImageImage

Are there any positives about Brett Brown as our Head Coach?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

RealAlex01
Sophomore
And1: 60

Are there any positives about Brett Brown as our Head Coach? 

Post#1 » by RealAlex01 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Is there anything about Brett Brown's head coaching or offensive/defensive strategies that is good? If you want my honest opinion I don't see anything that leads me to believe he can lead us to an NBA Championship in the foreseeable future. :evil: :banghead:
Save Our 76ers...Oust Josh Harris and his entire regime!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,464

Re: Are there any positives about Brett Brown as our Head Coach? 

Post#2 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:59 pm

I'm not gonna sit here and flame Brett. He's not the one that traded Butler, or signed Horford, or signed Harris to ridiculous contracts. He's also not the one drafting for this organization. With all that said....I think he's worn out his welcome in Philly. That's the way this business goes.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,122

Post#3 » by Arsenal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:03 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and flame Brett. He's not the one that traded Butler, or signed Horford, or signed Harris to ridiculous contracts. He's also not the one drafting for this organization. With all that said....I think he's worn out his welcome in Philly. That's the way this business goes.

From what I could see Brett had his hands in personnel after BCB left. So he may be at fault for these braindead moves along with Brand and Josh Harris.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,464

Post#4 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:24 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and flame Brett. He's not the one that traded Butler, or signed Horford, or signed Harris to ridiculous contracts. He's also not the one drafting for this organization. With all that said....I think he's worn out his welcome in Philly. That's the way this business goes.

Fair enough, I didn't know that, but I seem to remember hearing something about that around the time we draft Zhaire Smith. There was some internal arguing I believe over the selection? Doesn't matter....Brett is gone after this series in my opinion along with at least half of this roster. I have my personal keepers (there's about seven of them).
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#5 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:23 am

He plays 2 big man at the same time (Hartford and Embiid) too much and when he had just Embiid out there he puts Harris in the dunker spot. He's bad and needs to go.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#6 » by VDT » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:34 am

Brown will go if we lose, but if we hire someone like Van Gandy or Kidd then just lol.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#7 » by mksp » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:44 am

Brett isn't a good coach, but he's not the problem.

This is all on the FO. Harris gave Elton Brand, a first year GM with no experience a blank check to trade for Horford and sign Tobias Harris to the max. Just awful.

No present, no future, and going to have to tear it all down to rebuild.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#8 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:52 am

Brett can make adjustments but he needs a day or two to realize the adjustment. He just can't make counter-adjustments in the middle of a game. He really should be just an assistant coach where he can contribute to game planning.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#9 » by the_process » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:52 am

I would hope that after this series, both the coaching staff and front office would be overhauled.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#10 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:23 am

the_process wrote:I would hope that after this series, both the coaching staff and front office would be overhauled.
We're approaching the point where it may be appropriate for Elton to just resign.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#11 » by Black Mage » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:56 am

I've gone full spectrum on Brett. I defended him and said he earned right to coach after Process ended. I'm now at the point that I would have fired him during the bubble scrimmages (after the Indiana game) just to find out what we have in Udoka as a potential replacement.

Brett has coddled Ben and stunted his growth. He has done NOTHING to fit scheme to personnel. Every player brought in has said they don't understand their role or aren't comfortable and they take nearly a year to get integrated which is a coaches MAIN job.

Thanks Brett for giving us hard playing process teams, now please clean out your office.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#12 » by sixers hoops » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:24 am

Brett Brown couldnt find a spot for Trey Burke, but Dallas is getting a lot out of him. He’s a horrible coach.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,485

Post#13 » by elchengue20 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:13 am

Yeah Brett needs to go. I liked him until last year, but always felt like he wasn't good enough to compete for a championship. This season hes been awful, him and Brand cant survive to this mess.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#14 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:31 am

Positives:

He knows the principles of winning basketball and he’s improving.

He knows the problem of this team more than any guy in the world. If you hire a new coach, he’ll have a rough learning curve like they need to go through every kind of opponent and tactics against Biid and Ben.

Negatives:
Like our first hires of this program, most guys are more theoretical with little experience. They are not good enough to go deep.

He made mistakes before, due to lack of experience. But again, he’s learning and adjusting.

Problem now is i think our guys are not going the extra mile for him. Maybe they don’t believe in him or doesn’t know how to inspire the guys like Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday.

It could be because they saw him when he was a newbie headcoach. Unlike say if you have a Phil Jackson or Greg Pop as headcoach, you have that myth surrounding them.

Most great men are just ordinary guys if you remove the myth.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#15 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:45 am

Game two of the playoffs and he's still trying to establish his rotations. Neto plays well in some meaningless bubble games and suddenly gets promoted over Burks. Zero cohesion or continuity on either end.

Fans from other boards are actually jumping on the game thread asking if the coaching is always this bad. Brett should bury his head in the Disney sand with embarrassment.

VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#16 » by VDT » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:51 am

I think he was bad yesterday. Celtics have enough players on the court that are limited offensively and he failed to exploit that. I am also not sure he has an idea how to help the team at the moment. I think the hope is taht we will start to shoot better.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#17 » by rzzzzz » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:59 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote: He's not the one that traded Butler

man, it sure seemed like it went down as Jimmy or Brett last summer. otherwise, why the hell do you get rid of the clutch star on the team who gets on so well with our franchise player? Jimmy's comments on the JJ pod are real eye opening.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#18 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:07 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote: He's not the one that traded Butler

man, it sure seemed like it went down as Jimmy or Brett last summer. otherwise, why the hell do you get rid of the clutch star on the team who gets on so well with our franchise player? Jimmy's comments on the JJ pod are real eye opening.
Agreed, Jimmy himself put the blame directly on Brett's shoulders.

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,122

Post#19 » by Arsenal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Overall Brett Brown appears to be a mediocre coach. He's definitely going to be fired.

The BIGGER problem is the idiots manning the front office ever since Hinkie was pushed out. Those morons, starting with that human rodent Josh Harris, the puppet Elton Brand, and the rest of the NBA front office rejects will still be here. They'll use Brown as the scapegoat for their idiocy and incompetence by pinning everything on him.

So in that sense, firing Brown is just going to cover up the real problem.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#20 » by rzzzzz » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:34 pm

“I know they want me to stay back on our pick-and-rolls and protect the basket, but they’ve just been coming off and making a lot of threes, so we got to make adjustments,” Embiid said. “Something’s got to change. It feels too easy. They’re just walking into those shots. We gotta fix that.”
(any more coaching comments like that and Jo is going to find himself in Miami.)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers