NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0)

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#1 » by Jake0890 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:53 pm

A little late on this one, sorry.

Bam Adebayo is in early foul trouble which is humongous. Our defense is leading to transition offense. Justin Holiday playing elite defense.

Discuss!
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,234

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS - Round 1, Game 2: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers (MIA 1-0) 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Ugh it's on so early.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#3 » by Jake0890 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Allowing this many offensive rebounds is simply unacceptable. 0-2 here we come.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#4 » by gom » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Mad respect for the Pacers and their fans. You are playing without one of your best players and with a Victor Oladipo who isn't 100%. You are still tough as nails. This is a great series.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Robinson and Dragic killed us with their shooting. Butler and Bam with their toughness.

Sabonis out is just killing us.
Pacernation
Senior
And1: 919

Post#6 » by Pacernation » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Fire Nate today. Thx in advance..
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#7 » by Topofthekey » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Pacers defense prevented it from being a blowout loss

But the offense is just putrid

Vic and Brogdon were a combined 9-28

This is not surprising if you saw how they played

Vic was doing his best Bogie impression: attack the basket with misguided zeal, get punished and swarmed by defenders, turn the ball over, hope (in vain) to be bailed out by the refs

At least he wasn't doing the Bogie "Aaiihhh!" sound
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#8 » by gom » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Missing Sabonis is fatal but this isn't done, not by a lot.

Spoiler:
Let's go HEAT! :-)
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#9 » by Vorda » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:04 am

Topofthekey wrote:Pacers defense prevented it from being a blowout loss

Vic was doing his best Bogie impression: attack the basket with misguided zeal, get punished and swarmed by defenders, turn the ball over, hope (in vain) to be bailed out by the refs

Vic plays with Brogdon and Warren… Bogie played with the worst PG in League and with broken Wes Mathews… big different
Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Post#10 » by Vorda » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 am

Nate had to be fired last year after we have been swept by the Celtics… Now he is showing again that he cant run the PO game... sorry, but we need someone better
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,234

Post#11 » by boomershadow » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Vorda wrote:Nate had to be fired last year after we have been swept by the Celtics… Now he is showing again that he cant run the PO game... sorry, but we need someone better

For once, we are in complete agreement. :o
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#12 » by Jake0890 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:21 pm

The only time our offense looked good was when we created turnovers to lead to transition buckets. Half-court offense is somewhere between non-existent and extremely awkward.

Quite frankly, this team isn't good enough to beat the Heat. Despite the fact that I think we have more overall talent on the roster, they are simply better coached, better prepared, shoot the ball better, and get to the free-throw line better than we do.

Every basket in this series is hard-fought and they simply are able to create those buckets more often and more efficiently than we are.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#13 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 pm

Vorda wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Pacers defense prevented it from being a blowout loss

Vic plays with Brogdon and Warren… Bogie played with the worst PG in League and with broken Wes Mathews… big different

Been a while since your Collison hate has made an appearance. In a weird way I missed it.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#14 » by Moooose » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:00 am

Hope everyone's doing well. Been a while.

I've just lost all expectations for the Pacers in this series. Try as we may, our best is not enough. Miami's just too much and us lacking Domas really gets us nowhere. I only watch the games to see our young guys play - Holiday, Sumner.

I don't know but it has gone painful to see Vic over-exerting himself, trying to prove something, and ending up with an error. Myles is overly frustrating. Now, I don't know where his problems are. I used to believe that experience will toughen him up. He's always hesitating like a first timer on a diving board. On most times, he looks like someone a girl can destroy in a pillow fight.

Nate, I don't know. I still think he's a good coach but wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired for a more fitting coach.

Draft is around the corner. Bummer that we don't have a first rounder but a lot of under the radar guys in the 2nd.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Topofthekey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Moooose wrote:Hope everyone's doing well. Been a while.

I've just lost all expectations for the Pacers in this series. Try as we may, our best is not enough. Miami's just too much and us lacking Domas really gets us nowhere. I only watch the games to see our young guys play - Holiday, Sumner.

I don't know but it has gone painful to see Vic over-exerting himself, trying to prove something, and ending up with an error. Myles is overly frustrating. Now, I don't know where his problems are. I used to believe that experience will toughen him up. He's always hesitating like a first timer on a diving board. On most times, he looks like someone a girl can destroy in a pillow fight.

Nate, I don't know. I still think he's a good coach but wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired for a more fitting coach.

Draft is around the corner. Bummer that we don't have a first rounder but a lot of under the radar guys in the 2nd.

Painful but true

Strange thing is, he isn't like that on defense. He doesn't shy away from challenging shots, and when they wire him up, you can hear him barking instructions to his teammates on defense, directing them and telling them what to do and stuff

But it's like he turns into a different person the moment he crosses the half court line. On offense, he acts like a girl who's just happy that the cool kids allowed her to hang out with them. Very timid and deferential

Read the injury report Myles. Domas is out, and Vic is barely himself. No one's going to be upset if you started demanding more shots. In fact, people will get upset if you DON'T take more shots

Anyway, the team has enough youngster who need playing time, not a big loss to sit out the first round of the draft
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#16 » by Tom White » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Topofthekey wrote:...and when they wire him up, you can hear him barking instructions to his teammates on defense, directing them and telling them what to do and stuff

I would venture that his talkativeness is BECAUSE HE KNOWS he is wired up. He knows they will turn his mic on and the viewing audience will be listening for him to say something.....anything?

I really hope the team is not relying on him to give defensive instructions on a regular basis. Yes, he is a good shot blocker, but as an over-all defender or leader on defense? Not so much.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Topofthekey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Tom White wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:...and when they wire him up, you can hear him barking instructions to his teammates on defense, directing them and telling them what to do and stuff

I would venture that his talkativeness is BECAUSE HE KNOWS he is wired up. He knows they will turn his mic on and the viewing audience will be listening for him to say something.....anything?

I really hope the team is not relying on him to give defensive instructions on a regular basis. Yes, he is a good shot blocker, but as an over-all defender or leader on defense? Not so much.

Lol, could be

But being 6'11'' and the center who's situated close to the basket, he does have a good view of what is going on, compared to a guard (say Aaron) who's staring down one guy near the 3pt line, so it does make sense for him to communicate with the guard, because the guard is blind to what is going on with the other four opponents

Return to Indiana Pacers