Dario Saric news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Re: Dario Saric news and highlights 

Post#101 » by Qwigglez » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:48 am

I'm glad Monty finally found a suitable role for Dario Saric because this entire season I feel he didn't look very fluid out there. He looks a lot more comfortable and I think Monty is setting him up for success. I kind of lost hope with him towards the end of the lockout but now I hope we retain him this off-season. He's been a big reason to our success in the bubble.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#102 » by bigfoot » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:59 am

sunskerr wrote:I actually really like Saric coming off the bench at the 5, or at the very least he needs to be getting the same amount of minutes next year. Baynes is getting older so it would be nice to keep Saric around. I worry that he'll get paid too much for us to match though because this stretch of games seems to have revealed that he's better at the 5. And I took a look at his stats and at least on offense and rebounding, he's actually been better than Ayton (more 3s, and per 36 his ppg and rpg are better). He still lacks in mobility and defense, though.

Going into next season if we're looking at a bench with the 6th and 7th players being Oubre and Saric, that's a really, really good start building a deeper team.

I actually think his defense has been pretty darn good in the bubble. I even think the numbers back it up. He is also very fast. I've watched him on the break without the ball and he gets up-and-down the court very, very well for a big man. For some reason, he's just not an aerial player.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#103 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:32 am

So the top cap space teams are the Hawks, Knicks, Hornets, Pistons, and Heat. I think the Knicks and heat will go one year deals to preserve space for 21. I guess the Hawks could have interest but they have a bunch of forwards and just traded for Capella. Pistons will probably sign Wood and have Blake for 2 more years but I guess could be in play. Hornets seem like a possibility I guess.

He's probably looking at the MLE market so around $9mil per. I'm not sure I'd go that high but if they did it wouldn't be a horrible contract for a 6th / 7th man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#104 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:11 am

Read on Twitter

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bigfoot

Post#105 » by bigfoot » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

This a good stuff. It really shows a lot of subtle and valuable stuff from Dario. He's a team player for sure.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#106 » by Saberestar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:22 am

Read on Twitter
bigfoot

Post#107 » by bigfoot » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:11 am

I can't stress how important I think Saric is for our bench unit. What the bubble showed me is that Dario is very capable at running the offense. His vision is very good, his passing crisp, and he can take his man off the dribble or post up. These skills didn't mesh well in the starting unit because Booker and Rubio are the primary ball handlers which turns Dario into just a spot-up shooter. We know Oubre is not a passer and if he is relegated to the second unit, Dario needs to be the facilitator.

Edit: I put this in the offseason thread but felt it would be good here too.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#108 » by Saberestar » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:15 pm

INTERVIEW: DARKO RAJAKOVIĆ
Saric's coach for Index: "Dario is a universal soldier, we are all in love with him"

"Dario has a great advantage because he is able to do so many different things, he can play pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop, with the ball and as a block setter, he is a great passer, he punishes when he has an advantage on a low post, he can transfer ball and I like to tell him that he is the first playmaker center.That is his future because he can do so many things.He has basketball intelligence, moves smart and knows how to run under the basket without the ball.We also have special actions for him, one is called Dario Cut (Dari's run) and it is specific to him, there are not many players in the NBA league who do that. He is a universal soldier and can transfer a lot to the Croatian national team, "said Rajakovic, who has developed a friendly relationship with our basketball player.

"We drank a lot of coffee, we always find a good espresso. We were joined by Ricky Rubio, as well as assistant coach Riccardo Fois, an Italian in charge of individual work. Of his teammates, Dario is close with Cam Johnson and Mikel Bridges. If we visit the city with our kitchen, like Chicago or Milwaukee, we also go for kebabs Dario used to come home with his girlfriend Karla and we would hang out, and it means a lot to me that I have someone in the club with whom I can talk in my own language. same."

Everyone in the Suns is in love with Saric, as a man and as a player.

Saric's contract expires at the end of the season and for the first time in his NBA career he will be able to choose a new club. Or old. He likes the warm climate of Arizona, and now he has finally fitted into the team as well. And what do the Suns think?

"I can only say that we are all in love with him at the club. We love him as a man and as a player. I don't know how things will develop, but there are great sympathies and we would be happy for him to stay," said his coach.

https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/saricev-trener-za-index-dario-je-univerzalni-vojnik-svi-smo-zaljubljeni-u-njega/2206339.aspx
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,804

Post#109 » by RedIndian » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:02 am

I think Maxi Kleber's 4 year/35 million contract (with the last year non-guaranteed) should be the benchmark for Saric's contract this year. I'd be happy paying him that. He's tough, plays hard and has a high IQ. I love the fact that he brings some playmaking to the bench unit.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#110 » by Saberestar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Dario Saric has arrived to his hometown Sibenik as part of his vacation after finishing Orlando bubble with Phoenix Suns where they have won eight games and yet failed to reach playoffs.

Saric is now spending his free time with his friends and family. Our sources confirmed that Dario is expecting “contract of his life” this summer and still hopes he will stay with Phoenix Suns.

“Šiši” is very happy with his teammates and coaching staff in Arizona.

https://crosarka-basketball.com/dario-saric-comes-back-to-his-hometown/
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#111 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Saberestar wrote:
INTERVIEW: DARKO RAJAKOVIĆ
Saric's coach for Index: "Dario is a universal soldier, we are all in love with him"

"Dario has a great advantage because he is able to do so many different things, he can play pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop, with the ball and as a block setter, he is a great passer, he punishes when he has an advantage on a low post, he can transfer ball and I like to tell him that he is the first playmaker center.That is his future because he can do so many things.He has basketball intelligence, moves smart and knows how to run under the basket without the ball.We also have special actions for him, one is called Dario Cut (Dari's run) and it is specific to him, there are not many players in the NBA league who do that. He is a universal soldier and can transfer a lot to the Croatian national team, "said Rajakovic, who has developed a friendly relationship with our basketball player.

"We drank a lot of coffee, we always find a good espresso. We were joined by Ricky Rubio, as well as assistant coach Riccardo Fois, an Italian in charge of individual work. Of his teammates, Dario is close with Cam Johnson and Mikel Bridges. If we visit the city with our kitchen, like Chicago or Milwaukee, we also go for kebabs Dario used to come home with his girlfriend Karla and we would hang out, and it means a lot to me that I have someone in the club with whom I can talk in my own language. same."

Everyone in the Suns is in love with Saric, as a man and as a player.

Saric's contract expires at the end of the season and for the first time in his NBA career he will be able to choose a new club. Or old. He likes the warm climate of Arizona, and now he has finally fitted into the team as well. And what do the Suns think?

"I can only say that we are all in love with him at the club. We love him as a man and as a player. I don't know how things will develop, but there are great sympathies and we would be happy for him to stay," said his coach.

https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/saricev-trener-za-index-dario-je-univerzalni-vojnik-svi-smo-zaljubljeni-u-njega/2206339.aspx
Cam, Bridges, and Dario being friends isn't surprising they all seem like old soul types. I'd heard Dario was a very popular teammate in Philly. I don't think he enjoyed his time on the wolves though.

Money will ultimately be the deciding factor but it sure helps the situation when a guy actually wants to come back.

Saberestar
RealGM

Post#112 » by Saberestar » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:14 pm

As all of the above, except Rajaković, who was brought by Memphis as a replacement for Neven Spahija, will stay in Phoenix, we assume that Dario Šarić would also like to share the locker room with these guys next season.

"From what they tell me, how the Suns treat me, they definitely seem to want to keep me. I would be glad to stay too, but nothing is known yet. A lot depends on Salary Cap, whether and how much it will be smaller, how it will affect the market ..."

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/kosarka/nba/dario-saric-o-prekretnici-karijere-i-hrvatskoj-ne-mogu-zamisliti-da-tako-dugo-nisam-u-reprezentaciji-15023108
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#113 » by Revived » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 am

Saric's had a frustrating start to the season. He was out with one injury and then he suffers an ankle injury right after coming back.

All this after signing nearly a $30M extension as well.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,804

Post#114 » by RedIndian » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:14 am

When is he going to be fit again? His lack of availability is turning out to be a real concern now.
lonea
Rookie
And1: 526

Post#115 » by lonea » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:01 am

frank is filling in nicely

he almost had a triple db the other night

no concern for now...

RedIndian wrote:When is he going to be fit again? His lack of availability is turning out to be a real concern now.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#116 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#117 » by Saberestar » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:41 pm

Revived
RealGM

Post#118 » by Revived » Fri Mar 5, 2021 10:21 pm

I was bored and simply reading Saric’s wikipedia page and it’s kinda cool that both his mom and dad were professional basketball players. His sister also plays professional basketball in Croatia.

Caught me by surprise tbh I didn’t realize that he basically has a basketball family.
Stribor
Pro Prospect
And1: 483

Post#119 » by Stribor » Sat Mar 6, 2021 8:06 am

Revived wrote:I was bored and simply reading Saric’s wikipedia page and it’s kinda cool that both his mom and dad were professional basketball players. His sister also plays professional basketball in Croatia.

Caught me by surprise tbh I didn’t realize that he basically has a basketball family.

There is a nice croatian documentary about him filmed when he was coming to Philly. Here is just a trailer, but with a link to the pay per view documentary on vimeo . So if you want to see all 4 of them playing basketball, or Dario unloading trucks in company of his father - you can. His family is really nice and modest ...
Revived
RealGM

Post#120 » by Revived » Sat Mar 6, 2021 10:00 am

Stribor wrote:
Revived wrote:I was bored and simply reading Saric’s wikipedia page and it’s kinda cool that both his mom and dad were professional basketball players. His sister also plays professional basketball in Croatia.

There is a nice croatian documentary about him filmed when he was coming to Philly. Here is just a trailer, but with a link to the pay per view documentary on vimeo . So if you want to see all 4 of them playing basketball, or Dario unloading trucks in company of his father - you can. His family is really nice and modest ...

Thanks for sharing. I will consider watching the full thing, it’s only $5 to rent it.

Dario has grown to be a big part of our bench. He has significant and noticeable athletic shortcomings but he just knows how to use his size and skills to his advantage so well. This season he’s had the injury bug but hopefully that’s behind him for now.

Return to Phoenix Suns