ImageImageImage

How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight??

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,441

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#21 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:44 am

bwgood77 wrote:Every team's odds for each pick:

Thanks man! :wink:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#22 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 am

bwgood77 wrote:Every team's odds for each pick:

Thanks man! :wink: I guess it is what it is huh?...lol.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,392

Post#23 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:47 am

14th- Celtics
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#24 » by matt131 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:49 am

At least we didn't slide
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#25 » by Flying Colors » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:49 am

Alrighty so we stayed at our spot, i’m not mad at it honestly.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,392

Post#26 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 am

Hornets took a jump from 9th to top 4.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#27 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:51 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:14th- Celtics

Possible trade back scenario perhaps developing? Grab an extra pick or two for Riller and Smith or Reed or Achiuwa? :eyebrows:
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#28 » by darealjuice » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:52 am

NBA rewarding teams that got cut out of the bubble
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#29 » by Gorilla Warfare » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:53 am

We get the 14th pick and the NBA tells us to suck it. - 30 year Suns fan
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,148

Post#30 » by Slim Charless » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:54 am

really hope dubs dont get it
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#31 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:55 am

Gotta keep Towns from leaving his small-market team like AD.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#32 » by Crives » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:58 am

I had a strong feeling Min would win again given their owner is looking to sell.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#33 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:58 am

Who do you take if you are Minnesota?
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Post#34 » by King4Day » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:Who do you take if you are Minnesota?

I think you have to take Edwards because of his potential. I expect them to scour the trade market though. They're ready to start winning so if the right deal is there, you go for it.
For example, if they can offer a crazy deal for Simmons, why not?

W's, if they don't trade it, they prob take Wiseman. Honestly, they are so cash strapped that keeping the pick makes sense. Take a chance and hope it works. He fits a need too.
I wouldn't be shocked if they call Philly and offer them Green and the pick (with other moving parts) for Embiid.

Charlotte should take whoever is left. They would be dumb not to take Ball. It's not a franchise who has a lot of attention and drafting Ball will give them some nationally televised games. Living in the area, that's who I hope at least.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 am

King4Day wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Who do you take if you are Minnesota?

I think you have to take Edwards because of his potential. I expect them to scour the trade market though. They're ready to start winning so if the right deal is there, you go for it.
For example, if they can offer a crazy deal for Simmons, why not?

W's, if they don't trade it, they prob take Wiseman. Honestly, they are so cash strapped that keeping the pick makes sense. Take a chance and hope it works. He fits a need too.
I wouldn't be shocked if they call Philly and offer them Green and the pick (with other moving parts) for Embiid.

Charlotte should take whoever is left. They would be dumb not to take Ball. It's not a franchise who has a lot of attention and drafting Ball will give them some nationally televised games. Living in the area, that's who I hope at least.

It's funny, whoever they were interviewing, when he said "Thinking about how they took Wiggins, and then they took Culver...." I was expecting him NOT to say Edwards...and then he said Edwards.

One good thing about Edwards there being a great finisher and bulldozer is a perfect team for him is one that has a C who can hit 3s, and they have the best 3 pt shooting C ever.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#36 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:16 am

For those who missed it:
1 MIN
2 GSW
3 CHA
4 CHI

I think MIN trades back to 6 with ATL. They have a glut of guards and wings with D'Lo, Culver, Beasley etc. with Towns in the middle, so I don't see them needing any of Melo, Edwards or Wiseman. I think Toppin plugs their PF hole nicely and they can get some solid sweetener from ATL since the Hawks are loaded with young pieces. Huerter? Future 1st? Maybe even Hunter or Reddish? Can't keep them all.

ATL do this to land Georgia product Edwards, who rounds out a solid young core with Trae, Collins, Hunter and Reddish.

I see a deal on paper between MEM and GSW that allows MEM to take local product Wiseman at #2:
Wiggins and #2 for Winslow and Valanciunas

For GSW they get 2 young vets that can contribute day one and rounds out their starting lineup nicely at SF and C. Winslow played some PG in Miami, so he knows how to move the ball in that style of offense and can play a comparable all-rounder role to what Iggy did. Val plugs a massive hole at C. And they keep the TPE and MLE to round out their bench.

MEM give up a couple of good pieces but realign their timeline by getting a legitimate big to pair with Ja, and a scoring wing to complement Ja's playmaking. As Morant improves and becomes even more ball dominant, Winslow's play making becomes redundant and having a young finisher at the SF spot makes more sense. Pairing him with Clarke helps mask his defensive lapses.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#37 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:19 am

Well #10 it is. Time to start looking into the draft. Kinda sucks the actual draft is like 2mths away. Usually it's like a month and a bit. But I suppose in the grand scheme of things that suck this year, this is pretty low on that list
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#38 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:20 am

nevetsov wrote:For those who missed it:
1 MIN
2 GSW
3 CHA
4 CHI

I think MIN trades back to 6 with ATL. They have a glut of guards and wings with D'Lo, Culver, Beasley etc. with Towns in the middle, so I don't see them needing any of Melo, Edwards or Wiseman. I think Toppin plugs their PF hole nicely and they can get some solid sweetener from ATL since the Hawks are loaded with young pieces. Huerter? Future 1st? Maybe even Hunter or Reddish? Can't keep them all.

ATL do this to land Georgia product Edwards, who rounds out a solid young core with Trae, Collins, Hunter and Reddish.

I see a deal on paper between MEM and GSW that allows MEM to take local product Wiseman at #2:

For GSW they get 2 young vets that can contribute day one and rounds out their starting lineup nicely at SF and C. Winslow played some PG in Miami, so he knows how to move the ball in that style of offense and can play a comparable all-rounder role to what Iggy did. Val plugs a massive hole at C. And they keep the TPE and MLE to round out their bench.

MEM give up a couple of good pieces but realign their timeline by getting a legitimate big to pair with Ja, and a scoring wing to complement Ja's playmaking. As Morant improves and becomes even more ball dominant, Winslow's play making becomes redundant and having a young finisher at the SF spot makes more sense. Pairing him with Clarke helps mask his defensive lapses.

What do you think we do?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#39 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:21 am

The full results of the lottery:

Read on Twitter
?s=09

2020 NBA Draft Lottery results

14. Boston Celtics

13. New Orleans Pelicans

12. Sacramento Kings

11. San Antonio Spurs

10. Phoenix Suns

9. Washington Wizards

8. New York Knicks

7. Detroit Pistons

6. Atlanta Hawks

5. Cleveland Cavaliers

4. Chicago Bulls

3. Charlotte Hornets

2. Golden State Warriors

1. Minnesota Timberwolves
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#40 » by suns12345 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:23 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:For those who missed it:
1 MIN
2 GSW
3 CHA
4 CHI

What do you think we do?

I think we just pick 10. obviously could deal it for a nice piece if one is available.

Im kind of happy we stayed 10th. From what people on here have been saying about the draft, it almost seems like if you were picking top 4, youre locked in to taking one of those top 4 prospects even if they aren't a great fit. At 10, i feel like Jones is free to take who he wants (as dumb as that might sound)

Return to Phoenix Suns