ImageImageImage

How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight??

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,472

Re: How do you think the Top 10 of the lottery plays out tonight?? 

Post#41 » by Stix » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:27 am

Jones will undoubtedly use the #10 on a late first-round prospect.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#42 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:For those who missed it:
1 MIN
2 GSW
3 CHA
4 CHI

I think MIN trades back to 6 with ATL. They have a glut of guards and wings with D'Lo, Culver, Beasley etc. with Towns in the middle, so I don't see them needing any of Melo, Edwards or Wiseman. I think Toppin plugs their PF hole nicely and they can get some solid sweetener from ATL since the Hawks are loaded with young pieces. Huerter? Future 1st? Maybe even Hunter or Reddish? Can't keep them all.

ATL do this to land Georgia product Edwards, who rounds out a solid young core with Trae, Collins, Hunter and Reddish.

I see a deal on paper between MEM and GSW that allows MEM to take local product Wiseman at #2:
Wiggins and #2 for Winslow and Valanciunas

For GSW they get 2 young vets that can contribute day one and rounds out their starting lineup nicely at SF and C. Winslow played some PG in Miami, so he knows how to move the ball in that style of offense and can play a comparable all-rounder role to what Iggy did. Val plugs a massive hole at C. And they keep the TPE and MLE to round out their bench.

MEM give up a couple of good pieces but realign their timeline by getting a legitimate big to pair with Ja, and a scoring wing to complement Ja's playmaking. As Morant improves and becomes even more ball dominant, Winslow's play making becomes redundant and having a young finisher at the SF spot makes more sense. Pairing him with Clarke helps mask his defensive lapses.

What do you think we do?

I initially planned on us trading up with DET to land a PG, because I could see the teams between us (and even DET) targeting them. But now DET dropped to 7, I don't think there's a deal that makes sense to make it work.

So I think we stick - first look suggests we should be able to nab one of at least Haliburton, Hayes or Vassell at #10 so I think we play it safe and take best guard available.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#43 » by cberry78 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 am

cberry78 wrote:I think Phoenix gets all 4 top picks. The League owes us. :peace:

Well, I was close! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#44 » by darealjuice » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:35 am

I think Minnesota looks to trade their pick for another big piece to go with Towns and Russell. They want to make the playoffs as soon as possible.

Warriors could go either way. They could use a rookie contract with their current cap situation, but they could also have their eyes on making a big trade after losing KD. Wiseman would have a really easy time playing with Curry and Klay if they went that direction.
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#45 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:36 am

1 MIN (ATL) Edwards
2 GSW (MEM) Wiseman
3 CHA (CHI) Ball
4 CHI (CHA) One of the O's
5 CLE Advija
6 ATL (MIN) Toppin
7 DET Hayes
8 NYK
9 WAS Best available wing
10 PHX Haliburton or Vassell
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#46 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:41 am

Just noticed that 5 of the last 7 #1 picks have been internationally born (exceptions being Fultz and Zion).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,454

Post#47 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:51 am

darealjuice wrote:I think Minnesota looks to trade their pick for another big piece to go with Towns and Russell. They want to make the playoffs as soon as possible.

Warriors could go either way. They could use a rookie contract with their current cap situation, but they could also have their eyes on making a big trade after losing KD. Wiseman would have a really easy time playing with Curry and Klay if they went that direction.

They'd probably love to trade Wiggins + the #2 for a guy worth Wiggins contract. They will probably go after Beal.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#48 » by darealjuice » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:01 am

bwgood77 wrote:
darealjuice wrote:I think Minnesota looks to trade their pick for another big piece to go with Towns and Russell. They want to make the playoffs as soon as possible.

They'd probably love to trade Wiggins + the #2 for a guy worth Wiggins contract. They will probably go after Beal.

Agreed, I doubt they want to take on more salary, especially when the cap is going to take a Covid hit.

It's crazy how the West just keeps getting stronger.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,412

Post#49 » by dremill24 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:05 am

Have we ever actually moved up? I can only remember staying pat or moving down.
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#50 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 am

dremill24 wrote:Have we ever actually moved up? I can only remember staying pat or moving down.

Ayton?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:10 am

nevetsov wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Have we ever actually moved up? I can only remember staying pat or moving down.

Ayton?

I guess even though that's only 2 years ago, it's not very memorable.
dremill24
Analyst

Post#52 » by dremill24 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:

Ayton?

Didn’t we have the worst record that year though?
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#53 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:13 am

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:
Ayton?

Yeesh, you're right. We absolutely did. I had purged that 21-61 from my memory.
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#54 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:15 am

What about the year we landed a top 3, converting to... ATL? All I remember is that if it was 4 it would have been ours and we wanted to take Noah. But instead I think ATL took Horford. I could be completely off, though - can't even remember what I had for dinner last night.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:19 am

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
nevetsov wrote:
Ayton?

I guess we did. I didn't even recall that. I was probably expecting so much to move down, that staying in that slot felt like moving up.
dremill24
Analyst

Post#56 » by dremill24 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:19 am

nevetsov wrote:What about the year we landed a top 3, converting to... ATL? All I remember is that if it was 4 it would have been ours and we wanted to take Noah. But instead I think ATL took Horford. I could be completely off, though - can't even remember what I had for dinner last night.

If I remember right that was an Atlanta pick that was protected. And THEY moved up (or held serve) to a position That prevented us from receiving it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#57 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:20 am

nevetsov wrote:What about the year we landed a top 3, converting to... ATL? All I remember is that if it was 4 it would have been ours and we wanted to take Noah. But instead I think ATL took Horford. I could be completely off, though - can't even remember what I had for dinner last night.

No, you were right. I remember wanting Horford. That pick was top 3 protected and that they had the 4th worst record...and they moved up one spot....then they improved a lot the next year so we got it then and got Robin Lopez instead.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,477

Post#58 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:39 am

nevetsov wrote:1 MIN (ATL) Edwards
2 GSW (MEM) Wiseman
3 CHA (CHI) Ball
4 CHI (CHA) One of the O's
5 CLE Advija
6 ATL (MIN) Toppin
7 DET Hayes
8 NYK
9 WAS Best available wing
10 PHX Haliburton or Vassell

No Okoro? Also, Wasserman said when talking to the majority of scouts over the last few weeks, The consensus was that Haliburton would be the 2nd Guard off the board. Anyways, great mock for sure! But here's how I see it playing out now!

1- Minnesota
Ball, Russell is just a better option at 2 guard and Ball would give them a natural facilitator that they've been missing since Rubio. They could also look at Wiseman, Play him at the 5, and move KAT to the 4. But Melo is simply too intriguing to pass up!

2- Golden State
Edwards, They're tempted to go after Wiseman, But Edwards is who they want in the backcourt with Curry. I personally would have gone with Wiseman.

3- Charlotte
Wiseman, Charlotte needs size up front, And Wiseman offers the biggest upside to their frontcourt in the lottery. Okungwu was their 2nd choice. But his lack of shooting reminded them too much of Biyombo, And turned them off! :-?

4- Chicago
Haliburton, The popular rumor is that Chicago really is looking for a lead facilitator with solid defense to compliment Lavines' offense. And White is considered more of a scoring guard than a facilitator. So they choose the best passing guard with defensive capabilities left on the board.

5- Cleveland
Avdija, Cleveland already has the power forward position locked up in Love and Nance. But they could really use a better option at the small forward position.

6- Atlanta
Vassell, Atlanta is looking for the best defensive 2 way compliment at shooting guard to play off of Trae. They strongly considered Okoro here, But his shooting struggles made them choose Vassell. :-?
7- Detroit
Hayes, They want a lead guard that can compliment Kennard. They don't need Toppin with Griffin coming back, And also Wood likely to be resigned too. So they look to strengthen their backcourt with Hayes and Kennard.

8- New York :wink: :lol:
Cole Anthony, New York was really counting on landing the their first top selection since they drafted Ewing! They aren't however looking at the 4 currently since they still have Randle through next season. They really want to get their backcourt with Barrett set. So they take the " Hometown kid" to sell the fans on! They really wanted Kemba back during free agency last summer! Anthony has been compared to him before. What could go wrong? :roll:

9- Washington
Okoro, Washington really wanted Wiseman to give them extra size in their frontcourt, But he's off the board. They also already have Hachimura at the 4, So they take the best high upside defensive wing left in Okoro.

10- Phoenix
Toppin, Phoenix is just happy to get a solid ready to play contributor at the 4 in Toppin. They love his vertical gravity that'll give plenty of room to their shooters. ** Also look for them to have a trade lined up for Oubre, Cam will start at the 4, Toppin will replace Oubre as their super 6th man bench 4, And Saric or Baynes ( 1 yr deal) will be brought back to cover the backup 5. The trade for Oubre will likely be to Orlando for the 15th pick. Then at 15, They'll likely choose ** Grant Riller or ** Kira Lewis. :nod:

I really don't think that the suns would look to move up, Considering the difference in salary, But IF they had a particular prospect in mind using Oubre to trade up, Look to these teams as the most likely targets ( since they rather compete than take the time to develop another young prospect!

- Golden State/ Minnesota/ Atlanta/ And all have a potential interest/ fit for Oubre too! :wink:
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#59 » by nevetsov » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:40 am

dremill24 wrote:

If I remember right that was an Atlanta pick that was protected. And THEY moved up (or held serve) to a position That prevented us from receiving it.

Might have been part of the Joe Johnson for Diaw+ trade?
dremill24
Analyst

Post#60 » by dremill24 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:42 am

nevetsov wrote:
dremill24 wrote:

Might have been part of the Joe Johnson for Diaw+ trade?

Yes I believe so

Return to Phoenix Suns